The UPDATED Bigger Better "I Want Beta" Thread (Dump of beta threads)

1291 replies to this topic

#1261 Outlaw2

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • LocationIn a van...

Posted 28 May 2012 - 11:45 AM

View PostBring Stabity, on 28 May 2012 - 10:40 AM, said:

This is actually extremely false. 5 years ago in EVE, this was true. However, that was 5 years ago. Goonswarm has one of the largest and most deep skill pools in the whole game.

This is also true for World of Tanks. The majority of my A-team have been playing together since Beta, and we all are in the top 3% of players, with 5-6 that are in the top 0.5%. Also, Tanks clans top at 100 people. High skill in low numbers is what we are perfectly suited for.

With a 9000 player pool in eve, they should manage to find skilled players. 5 years ago most goon players just started playing eve. Now, its 9000 average players all working together (more or less). Skill demographics resembles general population, but with a particular sense of humor. Your "A-team" is not the average goon player.

Edited by Outlaw2, 28 May 2012 - 11:47 AM.

#1262 CompleteTanker

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 11:51 AM

Some dude I've never heard of that can't spell "Mittens" (that's the name they really wanted I'm sure) that plays a game I don't got a beta key.

Erm....

Well done....?

#1263 Karyudo ds

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,706 posts
  • LocationChaos March

Posted 28 May 2012 - 12:02 PM

View PostCompleteTanker, on 28 May 2012 - 11:51 AM, said:

Well done....?

Yeah someone seemed worried about his friends that we never knew about, here I was worried about NBT4's DC or those Jade Falcon jerks.

:D

#1264 Xomic

Rookie

• 7 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 12:04 PM

In fairness to Goonswarm, inviting people from a close knit clan/corp/alliance/whatever you want to call them, probably makes a lot of sense from a dev's point of view. They already have, I'd imagine, vent channels set up and the ability to organize play sessions as a group rather than as a disorganized mess.

#1265 AussieGiant

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 240 posts
  • LocationZurich, Switzerland

Posted 28 May 2012 - 12:08 PM

Wow...this really kicked off.

Can't wait for a proper round of "hang bags at dawn" once the game starts.

Should be a hoot.

#1266 Darth JarJar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 263 posts
  • LocationGulf Coast, U.S.A.

Posted 28 May 2012 - 12:12 PM

View Postmynnna, on 28 May 2012 - 08:59 AM, said:

man, if ya'll crying this much about us NOW, I can't wait for the tears our mere presence will generate when we're actually live. /popcorn indeed.

If by 'us' you mean goonsquad, the rest of us look forward to showing you the difference between skill and button-mashing in an MMO.

PS: Eve is like watching paint dry.

#1267 Morai

Rookie

• 6 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 28 May 2012 - 12:15 PM

A comment on the OPs post. The mittani will play this because he got banned from Eve....That is not the publicity I would want methinks. Though 10k goonswarm will defintely help this games numbers.

Edited by Morai, 28 May 2012 - 12:17 PM.

#1268 Darth JarJar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 263 posts
  • LocationGulf Coast, U.S.A.

Posted 28 May 2012 - 12:17 PM

View Postthe mittani, on 28 May 2012 - 10:32 AM, said:

I generate threads about me wherever I go, it's a special skill.

I didn't realize at the time that I wasn't supposed to mention beta participation, for which I've apologized to Mason - most other betas I've been in don't keep the existence of a key itself secret. Beyond my excitement for the game, I didn't mention anything not already public knowledge.

I don't expect this game to be a 'sandbox' like EVE, so your primal fears about Goonswarm are unfounded; we'll be much more like our Tanks clan than our EVE alliance.

Nobody is scared of you :D

#1269 wargames

• PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 12:27 PM

View Postvon Bremerhaven, on 28 May 2012 - 12:17 PM, said:

Nobody is scared of you :D

I am, he might tell me I need to kill myself or something.

#1270 Kenyon Burguess

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,619 posts
  • LocationNE PA USA

Posted 28 May 2012 - 12:28 PM

its obvious he didnt bother to read what he was signing or he would have been too afraid to speak out. free publicity defense aside, he is legally responsible for his actions and needs to be brought back under control by the devs. i dont know him, but from what i have read today he cant be trusted with confidential information.

also for those that dont understand what the topic is about and are too lazy to look it up: http://en.wikipedia....osure_agreement

#1271 Outlaw2

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • LocationIn a van...

Posted 28 May 2012 - 12:33 PM

View Postwargames, on 28 May 2012 - 11:43 AM, said:

Also this is mostly true we have slight above average player base but if WOT is anything to go by goons will still be a might force of pain and suffering. Also NDP has the longest held land of any clan on any server group.

I don't doubt goons will manage to form some top teams for the competitive merc corp scene. However it won't be the same with faction battles that are decided by pubs. To dominate that you'll need to flood the entire something awful forums into this game, and then win those 12v12 pub matches.

View PostKaryudo ds, on 28 May 2012 - 12:02 PM, said:

Yeah someone seemed worried about his friends that we never knew about, here I was worried about NBT4's DC or those Jade Falcon jerks.
:D

I resemble those remarks, btw is this the same =Karyudo= from jf?

Edited by Outlaw2, 28 May 2012 - 12:34 PM.

#1272 Costello

• PipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 29 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 28 May 2012 - 12:35 PM

I normally stay out of subjects like this but here is my opinion. So he got/didnt get a key so what he didnt steal yours .. People always feel you took something from them personally like it was to be yours but like a thief in the night took your email . So what if he mobs in eve i played that game for like 3 days got bored and unistalled. just wasnt for me. I never until today ever heard of this guy and dont care what rep he has on another game. IF there pple do migrate here i dont think it will affect much. its not like you gotta go farm ore or anything like in WOW. ( funny image with a mech hauling a shovel popped into my head) I Close beta tested WOT and still play every so often .. Yes the balance is messed but on random public matches the best you can do is make a 3 person platoon and hope your buddies are in your match and on your team. so let em play i dont think this mob your already so afraid of is gonna affect much.. GL to those to get a beta and good hunting.

Edited by Costello, 28 May 2012 - 12:36 PM.

#1273 FrostPaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 946 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 28 May 2012 - 12:50 PM

Meh, I imagine every single game beta key giveaway has a portion of people who don't deserve a key. Life isn't fair, we should all know that.

#1274 Stormdragon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 12:51 PM

View PostFrostPaw, on 28 May 2012 - 12:50 PM, said:

Meh, I imagine every single game beta key giveaway has a portion of people who don't deserve a key. Life isn't fair, we should all know that.

That was true for about 98% of the SWTOR beta community.

#1275 Konrad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 769 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 12:52 PM

uh... Still nothing. Hopefully in the next batch.

On the subject of MWO. Saw some pretty coo pics of other people's set ups for MWO. I will post mine up as soon as I am finished with it.

#1276 Vectoron The Black Minister

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 375 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 01:03 PM

View PostKonrad, on 29 April 2012 - 09:03 AM, said:

But sadly when I do, the MW:O beta still hasn't started. It is then just another sad MW:O-less day.

Yep :'(

#1277 Karyudo ds

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,706 posts
  • LocationChaos March

Posted 28 May 2012 - 01:03 PM

View PostOutlaw2, on 28 May 2012 - 12:33 PM, said:

I don't doubt goons will manage to form some top teams for the competitive merc corp scene. However it won't be the same with faction battles that are decided by pubs. To dominate that you'll need to flood the entire something awful forums into this game, and then win those 12v12 pub matches.

I don't doubt they can be competive, though I highly doubt they'll be the only ones so it's not a huge deal.

View PostOutlaw2, on 28 May 2012 - 12:33 PM, said:

I resemble those remarks, btw is this the same =Karyudo= from jf?

Why yes indeed it is. Tried to keep things...simplish.

#1278 Konrad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 769 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 02:18 PM

Sadly, this thread is just a mess now...

#1279 Rot Wulf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 28 May 2012 - 02:30 PM

View PostKonrad, on 28 May 2012 - 02:18 PM, said:

Sadly, this thread is just a mess now...

ya pretty much, but hey is a melting pot, of how come they got in, and why didn't i get in. In its own way it works.

#1280 Daiichidoku

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 28 May 2012 - 03:11 PM

View PostBring Stabity, on 28 May 2012 - 10:13 AM, said:

Show me a clan who can beat me and I'll show you a liar. Pretty sure I've been sitting in Paris since last October, and still haven't lost it ;)

western korean empire...memeber that? once MLP got involved it was over..wasnt it?

why/how are goons back there? oh, yeah, once MLP got involved on thier side.....wasn't it?

MLP could take Paris, you wouldnt be able to do a thing

also, G or NDP could if they wanted,,probably more, but those 3 for sure

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users