120 replies to this topic

#101 Ironclaw Buzzardier

• Pip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 11 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 09:45 PM

Posted Image1123 by Ironclaw Buzzardier, on Flickr

1123 in a 1N (2AC5, 1ERLL). I have never gotten damage like this before, and my fps is terrible, usually 15-20.

PGI, thank you for the quirks!! I run a flame too, not AC20 but the LPL buff helped there.

Slightly off topic, but is dropship mode still requiring one of each weight class, or is it anything that totals to 240 tons? Cause if the latter is true, maybe we should start discussing our 4 dragon drop strategy...

EDIT: 240 was the example weight total and could be different by the time the mode is implemented... but a guy can dream anyway

Edited by Ironclaw Buzzardier, 06 November 2014 - 10:28 PM.

#102 Rear Admiral Tier 6

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 02:49 AM

View PostIronclaw Buzzardier, on 06 November 2014 - 09:45 PM, said:

4 dragon drop strategy...

1N with dual AC5:s,5N with 3 AC2:s,Flame with AC20+4 ml and IV-4 with dual AC5:s my drop deck :P

#103 Bigbacon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 05:44 AM

View PostCookiemonter669, on 07 November 2014 - 02:49 AM, said:

1N with dual AC5:s,5N with 3 AC2:s,Flame with AC20+4 ml and IV-4 with dual AC5:s my drop deck :P

same here but I didn't change anything after the quirks, used them that way before
1N 2xAC5 + 1ERLL + 1ML
5N 3xAC2 + 2ML + SRM2
Flame: AC20 + 4ML
5C: weird one either AC5+2xPPC/LPL+ 2ML OR AC10 + 2 ERLL + Narc

#104 Kmieciu

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,437 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 13 November 2014 - 01:43 AM

DRG-1N: the 2xAC5+2xML build is just insane.
I had a game where I died 4 minutes after the match started and managed to do 1200 damage. My team was stomped and I've done more damage and killed more enemies than the rest of my team combined.

Had about 100 drops in a DRG-1N after the quirks patch with an average of 595 damage per game.
Finally bought a Timberwolf and it feels under-gunned :-)

I have a feeling the AC5 quirks will get "adjusted" in the next patch so enjoy them while they last...

#105 Rear Admiral Tier 6

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 02:00 AM

View PostKmieciu, on 13 November 2014 - 01:43 AM, said:

DRG-1N: the 2xAC5+2xML build is just insane.
I had a game where I died 4 minutes after the match started and managed to do 1200 damage. My team was stomped and I've done more damage and killed more enemies than the rest of my team combined.

Had about 100 drops in a DRG-1N after the quirks patch with an average of 595 damage per game.
Finally bought a Timberwolf and it feels under-gunned :-)

I have a feeling the AC5 quirks will get "adjusted" in the next patch so enjoy them while they last...

Well imo. if they adjust the quirk,just tone the AC5-part down to 5 % or remove it entirely,that would allow AC5+UAC builds or fast AC10 skirmishers with SRM:s and pulse lasers to be viable alternatives to ballistic boating.

Now even single AC5 with 2 SRM4:s and MPL:s feels pretty powerful in this chassis.

#106 BOWMANGR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 220 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 02:34 AM

Been seeing tryhards with the "broken" AC5 Dragon for days now. They still fail miserably. Someone reading the forums would think that equipping 1N with AC5s makes it a meatgrinder with minimal pilot effort. This is not the case. You just can't pilot a Dragon and do well in it if you haven't piloted a Dragon before. Exception: Low ELO players will always wreck other low ELO players who just stand still taking all those AC5s in the face. Yeah, in that situation the 1N is a beast. In every other case, nope it's not the mech, it's the pilot.

There are other more serious balance problems in the game right now than the "OP" Dragon, it's not even funny.

#107 Verrue

• PipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 80 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 03:24 PM

Still see many pugs players only boating ac5 in the arm. Then , as a good pilot , you rip the arm and laugh all the game at the poor guy. Plz, boat some backup weapon.

#108 Flak Kannon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 581 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 06:09 PM

Yeah.. I agreed with Bow completely.

You needed have piloted them before to get the full benefit post quirk. They were soooooo bad you had to play like an opportunistic scavenger before.

3 out of my first 10 matches post quirk games with dual AC5's I surpassed 1400 damage, 6 kills because I played so cautiously.

Now I play them far to aggressively, and probably average 600-700 2,3, or 4 kills. They still wreck, but are becoming more of a glass kannon, mostly because of playstyle on my part. I will say that 150 roundsin, I am still commanding a 3-1 KRD in them, highest of any mech I own in which I have played 100 or more matches in, so they are still pretty overpowered.

But I hope they don't tweak my buzzsaw, I love killing Timberwolfs and Direwolfs. :)

I've yet to drop with more than 1 other 1N. I can't imagine the carnage 3 1N's working together could cause... just wow. I fully bet a Direwolf would die in 3 seconds or under.

#109 Krostif

• PipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 39 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 15 November 2014 - 12:45 PM

5n 1n fang flame >D 240 ton right there lol
and all kurita mechs =D

Edited by Krostif, 15 November 2014 - 12:46 PM.

#110 Iceolator

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 01:06 AM

Logged to MWO first time in a long time, what about this quirks? I remember quirks (different pitch/yaw ones mostly), but i checked smurfy and dragon got, like, 4 lines of those quirks. Was the system updated recently? I saw "ballistics delay -25%" It's not 25% faster rate of fire, right? I mean, it'd be a crazy buff. I'm a casual player but still a huge fan of dragons, and it seemed to me that i have less problems with heat and i think my lbx fired a bit faster. But i also noticed triple ac2 being somewhat weaker.

Can't google it, i'm at work and using phone but this quirk thing really peaked my interest. Dragon wasn't the bedt meta mech before, but i always loved this battlemech, and now if quirks really give substantional bonuses than it'd be just amazing.

Logged to MWO first time in a long time, what about this quirks? I remember quirks (different pitch/yaw ones mostly), but i checked smurfy and dragon got, like, 4 lines of those quirks. Was the system updated recently? I saw "ballistics delay -25%" It's not 25% faster rate of fire, right? I mean, it'd be a crazy buff. I'm a casual player but still a huge fan of dragons, and it seemed to me that i have less problems with heat and i think my lbx fired a bit faster. But i also noticed triple ac2 being somewhat weaker.

Can't google it, i'm at work and using phone but this quirk thing really peaked my interest. Dragon wasn't the bedt meta mech before, but i always loved this battlemech, and now if quirks really give substantional bonuses than it'd be just amazing.

#111 BOWMANGR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 220 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 01:14 AM

Yep, almost all Inner Sphere mechs got a few quirks based on their power level. Since the community consensus for the Dragon was that it was a Tier 5 mech, it got many buffs.

If you know how to pilot a Dragon, it can now wreck some serious face, if you don't know how to pilot a Dragon you will die horribly the same as before maybe doing 50-100 more damage than before because of faster cooldowns.

Edited by BOWMANGR, 20 November 2014 - 01:15 AM.

#112 Iceolator

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 01:43 AM

Thanks! I wonder if this rate of fire quirk works on UAC5 unjam time.

#113 Rear Admiral Tier 6

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 08:18 AM

View PostMyaff, on 20 November 2014 - 01:43 AM, said:

Thanks! I wonder if this rate of fire quirk works on UAC5 unjam time.

nope,using uac:s in 1N does not bring any benefits,dps is actually less with uac + ac5

#114 Monroe the Pinhead

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 09:28 PM

Saw the Dragon in combat, realized it was a Combine Mech and liked what i saw.
Noticed i had enough to buy the 1n in C-bill bank but wondered on performance
Read this thread
Bought it
Never looked back an excellent decision.

It's a great mech the feel is great when piloting it would i definitely recommend it. also a very flexible mech in my short experience with it. I've been running it stock while getting the feel of it and i'm getting better damage than my Cataphract fully decked out.
This was a WAY better decision than buying my Hunchback-4G was.
- A Pinhead

#115 Steinar Bergstol

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,622 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 05 December 2014 - 01:34 AM

View PostFlak Kannon, on 13 November 2014 - 06:09 PM, said:

I've yet to drop with more than 1 other 1N. I can't imagine the carnage 3 1N's working together could cause... just wow. I fully bet a Direwolf would die in 3 seconds or under.

There would be Dakka. There would be enough Dakka that even a Warhammer 40K ork might say "That may be too much Dakka".

I've been taking out my 1N again lately and the difference in how powerful it feels compared to what it used to feel like is significant. And this power added to the speed and agility that is the Dragon's stock in trade makes for a highly dangerous hit and run mech.

#116 Bigbacon

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 10:15 AM

View PostFlak Kannon, on 13 November 2014 - 06:09 PM, said:

Now I play them far to aggressively, and probably average 600-700 2,3, or 4 kills. They still wreck, but are becoming more of a glass kannon, mostly because of playstyle on my part. I will say that 150 roundsin, I am still commanding a 3-1 KRD in them, highest of any mech I own in which I have played 100 or more matches in, so they are still pretty overpowered.

this... this is my problem now with some of them though mainly thr AC5 monster. I started getting to aggressive in them and needed to almost relearn to dial it back a bit. Only one I can't seem to do well in is the 1C...I just can't figure out what to use on it. Everything I try is just always so 'meh'

1N and Flame though....tons o fun and the 3xAC2 5N is a hoot. I really want a Fang to finish off the bunch. Only one I don't have and only one not mastered.

#117 Kitty Bacon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 320 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationUtah

Posted 05 December 2014 - 10:19 AM

2 AC5, 2 Mlas Dragon 1N. 4 of them, the Dragon Lance!

This video shows perfectly how fast a dragon lance can rip through an enemy's back line and win the game.

#118 Flak Kannon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 581 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 04:09 PM

View PostKitty Bacon, on 05 December 2014 - 10:19 AM, said:

2 AC5, 2 Mlas Dragon 1N. 4 of them, the Dragon Lance!

This video shows perfectly how fast a dragon lance can rip through an enemy's back line and win the game.

Thanks Kitty.

Pretty much as expected.

I have respect and great honor for my Dragon 1N.

#119 Flyby215

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 888 posts
  • LocationThunder Bay

Posted 09 December 2014 - 09:31 PM

I'm surprised the Fang wasn't mentioned more often, since I've been rather consistently topping 1,000 damage (once over 1,200) with a very simple 3xLPL build.

Funny thing, I've been keeping it a secret for a long time since the Fang LPL quirks made it exceptionally powerful. 500+ range, 33 PPFLD (pretty much anyway, LPLs have a low burn time) and with the LPL cooldown module it would almost reload as fast as an AC5... with enough cooling to alpha non-stop 7-9 times (depending on the map).

Sadly, the most recent patch nerfed it. I'm probably the only person to have noticed the Fang lost its LPL quirk... otherwise I wouldn't be sharing this! I was quite content when it was my little secret weapon :D

Edited by Flyby215, 09 December 2014 - 09:33 PM.

#120 Hallegal

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 69 posts
  • LocationSol,Terra,Ger.

Posted 09 December 2014 - 11:37 PM

View PostFlyby215, on 09 December 2014 - 09:31 PM, said:

I'm surprised the Fang wasn't mentioned more often, since I've been rather consistently topping 1,000 damage (once over 1,200) with a very simple 3xLPL build.

Funny thing, I've been keeping it a secret for a long time since the Fang LPL quirks made it exceptionally powerful. 500+ range, 33 PPFLD (pretty much anyway, LPLs have a low burn time) and with the LPL cooldown module it would almost reload as fast as an AC5... with enough cooling to alpha non-stop 7-9 times (depending on the map).

Sadly, the most recent patch nerfed it. I'm probably the only person to have noticed the Fang lost its LPL quirk... otherwise I wouldn't be sharing this! I was quite content when it was my little secret weapon :D

No. You are not! I never used that build of yours, because I’m not a fan of mono-builds.Drove it with a Gauss / 3MPL and SRM6 before. Medium success. After quirks-round one I switch to the dedicated setup. AC10/2LPL. It’s fun and effective.
But after quirk-round two, I miss so much range of the LPL.
So… if you want to use the quirk-build with all its benefits, you are forced to use the AC10. Witch is good, but you lose one ballistic hp unless you fill it up with an ac2...not the best idea. The overall energy-quirk it got right now isn’t a bad thing. But the Dragon really needs range.
Maybe the 25% range buff of the LPL was a bit much. But no energy-range buff now is bad.
I think 10-15% energy range would be ok. Hope they tune it up again.
Sorry for my English.

Edited by Hallegal, 09 December 2014 - 11:39 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users