The Way Of The Dragon [Advanced Guide]

120 replies to this topic

#121 Lyoto Machida

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,080 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 12:25 AM

Dragons are great because they've traditionally been hardcore mode. Somehow managed 7 kills in a 5N (pre-quirk):

Posted Image

View PostBOWMANGR, on 13 November 2014 - 02:34 AM, said:

Been seeing tryhards with the "broken" AC5 Dragon for days now. They still fail miserably. Someone reading the forums would think that equipping 1N with AC5s makes it a meatgrinder with minimal pilot effort. This is not the case. You just can't pilot a Dragon and do well in it if you haven't piloted a Dragon before. Exception: Low ELO players will always wreck other low ELO players who just stand still taking all those AC5s in the face. Yeah, in that situation the 1N is a beast. In every other case, nope it's not the mech, it's the pilot.

There are other more serious balance problems in the game right now than the "OP" Dragon, it's not even funny.

This...though, I'm only averaging about 450 damage per game in it at the moment. Can't complain about that, I guess...not the best but not the worst either.

As you said, the people who didn't drive the Dragon before don't have the mindset/experience required to fully reap the benefits of the quirks. It's the driver, not the car...

A nice 20k XP game in the 1N:

Posted Image

Posted Image

View PostVerrue, on 13 November 2014 - 03:24 PM, said:

Still see many pugs players only boating ac5 in the arm. Then , as a good pilot , you rip the arm and laugh all the game at the poor guy. Plz, boat some backup weapon.

I still just run the 2 AC5s...whenever I ran the MLs with it, my heat would get too high because of a lack of trigger discipline. I guess I could just not fire the MLs until I lose the arm but that would take some restraint on my part.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users