Ask The Devs 26!

186 replies to this topic

#41 GenDread

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 158 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 02:10 PM

With the new Camo specs coming soon, can you give us a rough ETA on custom skins? This would be awesome for units so they could ID each other at a glance while in a drop :(

#42 The Legendary Samurai

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 201 posts
  • LocationGuzman Park 2

Posted 23 November 2012 - 02:13 PM

How does the spotting bonus XP work? Sometimes I get several bonuses for a single enemy mech spot and other times I get no bonuses on multiple spots. Can you explain how the bonuses are earned? Thanks.

#43 Hetfeng321

• PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 02:26 PM

1.) Has there been any thought on creating more hard point restrictions based on size as well as weapon type to prevent stuff like machine guns getting replaced with gauss rifles (see link below), similar to MechWarrior 4's mechlab? Would hard point restrictions ever resemble "0/2 Medium Ballistic" for example (or Small or Heavy)?

http://mwomercs.com/...some-balancing/

2.) Will the projectile speeds of ballistic weapons be increased to more closely resemble real-world cannons? Currently, ballistic weapons are overly difficult to use on fast mechs due to the slow speed of the rounds (see link below).

http://mwomercs.com/...jectile-speeds/

3.) Will any co-op vs AI game modes that involve fighting more than just battlemechs, such as tanks, helicopters, aerospace fighters, watercraft, battlearmors, etc be introduced?

4.) Has there been any consideration on adding a map filter for matchmaking? A filter that allows you to set which maps you want to play on so you and your party can select their mechs accordingly? Close-range mechs are often screwed on wide open maps like Caustic Valley and mechs with tons of LRMs suffer on maps filled with tall cover like River City. I think a map filter would encourage players to create a gameplan and play more strategically. [/color]

5.) Have you read this?: http://mwomercs.com/...ping-this-game/. Every reply on that thread agrees with this guy (including me) and that should be disturbing to you.

6.) The unreliablility of the netcode is getting out of hand and it has not been improved since the glitches first showed up (months ago). Are you not making any attempts at fixing it or are you having difficulties with the solution? Can we have some evidence of progress? I ask this because many people on the forums are giving up on MWO as it is unplayable for them due to the myriad of glitches and constant lag spikes. They are discouraged because as the game spirals down in reliability and quality, the devs focus on adding trinkets to your mech's dashboard (see below)

"Q: when will see more cokpit items IE a model of a axemen [tekka]
A: Items like that will start coming in November 20th - 27th. [Garth]"

7.) Why is answering this question (see below) an acceptable use of your time and why is answering questions like mine and many others not? Why is the cause of your nationality a more critical issue than the abysmal state of the weapon balancing, the mech balancing, and the stability of the game overall? I am not trying to scold you. It is just bizarre to me that you would use this precious vessel for identifying issues to answer stuff like that.

"Q: Why do you guys have to be Canadians? [Sandpit]
A: You see, sometimes a country feels the urge to go out and explore the world. And sometimes when they do that, they create a beautiful, new baby country. [Garth]"

Edited by Hetfeng321, 23 November 2012 - 02:56 PM.

#44 JohnnyWayne

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,629 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 02:31 PM

Is there a way you guys could extend the commander function with a Battlefield like Commo-Rose, so that Commanders can give orders on the fly? I think this feature is used so rarely among pugs because its unhandy...

A non-commander Commo-Rose would also be great, something like "I'll be heading there"...

#45 Scrawny Cowboy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 574 posts
  • LocationVermont

Posted 23 November 2012 - 02:34 PM

Why do the Atlas variants have an engine cap at 360 rating?

#46 Detrimus

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 55 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 02:42 PM

Will you guys be implementing smaller match sizes, 2v2, 3v3? Will we be getting custom game lobbies?

#47 Kaijin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 02:51 PM

Might the Devs give some thought to Long Range Missiles actually behaving like missiles insofar as they should be fairly swift?

Modern-day missiles of similar size and function travel between 400-800 kph. Aerospace fighters at the present point in the timeline mount LRMs and fire them at each other with success, but oddly, in MWO a light mech can outrun them completely, and even a mech travelling at 80 kph can dodge some of them simply by moving away from incoming missiles.

#48 Kain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 460 posts
  • LocationZenith-Jumppoint, Tukayyid

Posted 23 November 2012 - 02:52 PM

because probably the important technical questions are already posted, now it is also time for some more information on the Hero Mechs:

Q: Will Ronda Snord's pink Highlander be a Hero Mech?

Q: Will Danielle Rondema's Atlas be a Hero Mech?

Q: Will Peter Steiner-Davion's graduation Jagermech be a hero Mech?

Q Will the "Blazing Inferno" Commando from "The Crescent Hawks' Inception" be a Hero Mech?

Q Will Cameron St. Jamais' Awesome be a Hero Mech?

Q Will you using Battletech canon as input for Hero Mech's, or are we going to see whole new created variants from PGI?

#49 Skylen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 115 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 23 November 2012 - 02:57 PM

the mech designs are the best ive ever seen, will guys roll out any merchandise?
like posters, models, toys anything along those lines?

#50 Goose

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 3,463 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThat flattop, up the well, overhead

Posted 23 November 2012 - 03:00 PM

I don't know a thing about how crits work in MWO, but I know them forwards and backwards in the board game; My question is will an empty ammo slot absorb a crit that would otherwise do something unpleasant to my 'Mech? That is, "there used to be LRM ammo in LT #7, but I burnt through it before the armor was gone."

Let me try that again: Does an empty ammo slot prevent a "reroll" of the randomizer trying to pick what got broken by internal damage?

#51 Ashnod

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,636 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 23 November 2012 - 03:19 PM

Is there any chance in perhaps seeing different versions of the current autocannon's perhaps like 5 round burst ac 20 (4 damage per shell for example) AC 10 2 round burst (5 damage per shell) and etc?...

Quoted from http://www.sarna.net...i/Autocannon/20

"Different manufacturers and models of autocannons have different calibers (25mm-203mm) and rates of fire. Due to this, autocannons are grouped into generic "classes" of autocannons with common damage ratings, with Autocannon/20s doing massive damage while having very short range.
An example of the rating system: the Crusher Super Heavy Cannon is a 150mm weapon firing ten shells per "round" while the Chemjet Gun is a 185mm weapon firing much slower, and causing higher damage per shell. Despite their differences, both are classified as Autocannon/20s due to their damage output."

Honestly I think this could be an excelent addition to the game that other mech warrior's have never really touched on, adding more variation and options to load outs, do you want that one shot high damage punch that if you miss you loose it all? or the 5 round burst model that is easier to land at least some of the damage if not all etc.

Thanks!

Q2: Any chance of you adding reconnect in the future?

Edited by Ashnod, 23 November 2012 - 03:19 PM.

#52 Demoned

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 670 posts
  • Locationi Died went to heaven, then died again now I'm in Equestria

Posted 23 November 2012 - 04:18 PM

i heard a rumor that you got the original voice actress from mechwarrior 2 to do the voice over once again,
and that you have finished the record session with her already.

is this true? and if so when can we hear the smexy voice of ******* Betty again XD

#53 gregsolidus

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,352 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 04:33 PM

Where is the King Crab?

#54 Khavi Vetali

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 277 posts
  • LocationKooken's Pleasure Pit

Posted 23 November 2012 - 04:37 PM

Are there plans, however far down the road, to make the heat scale have varying effects on a mech as heat increases, such as lower top speeds, slower torso twist, hud glitching, etc, etc?

#55 Xenroth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 326 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 23 November 2012 - 04:56 PM

Q1:

Stay tuned.

The reason the 'simple' task of changing your allegiance icon took longer than expected is, now your choice is going to be reflected outside of just the forums, so again, stay tuned. I'll put a sticky up in this forum letting you guys know.

Does this mean we see the fractions soon?

Q2: You said there will be future events like the "Piranha Hunt", will these events take place at a time so non american players will have the possibility to join? Because the last event for example was at 3am - 5am in germany ... if you cant find a time that fits for all, do it at least on fridays!

#56 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,568 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:04 PM

Will the factions have intros so we can learn about them?

#57 Dirk Le Daring

• 2,083 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:07 PM

What happened to Frozen City Night map ? I saw four sites announcing it as of recent patch. This one included.

#58 Bishop Warrior

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 31 posts
  • Locationaustralia

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:11 PM

A simple question

Hard tacos or soft tacos.

#59 The Dutchmun

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 26 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:36 PM

Does the general negativity and unrealistic expectations on the forums dishearten you at all? Or does it make you try even harder to please these particular individuals?

#60 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:41 PM

Are the Urbies still in the office, or did you take them home?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users