703 replies to this topic

#681 Wildstreak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 04:36 PM

View PostShadowbaneX, on 10 January 2015 - 09:30 AM, said:

We already sort of have it. Max range for LRMs is 630 in TT. Our missiles go out to 1000 m...and 1100 m with a module.

Looking into it Extended LRMs have a max range of 1320 m (or 44 hexes).

Enhanced LRMs have a max range of 840 m although they also only have a min range of 90 m.

Thing is both of them are experimental tech and only appear as prototypes in 3054 and are still advanced tech in 3080. Everyone would abuse the hell out of it, which is why we'll never see it. A huge reason for never having a time jump is that there's so much stupid tech in the future that it'd be really hard to balance.

By ERM, I meant ECM LRM boats.
Kit Fox & Hellbringer.

#682 ShadowbaneX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 05:38 PM

Oh, those are different.

View PostWildstreak, on 20 January 2015 - 04:36 PM, said:

By ERM, I meant ECM LRM boats.
Kit Fox & Hellbringer.

#683 Raggedyman

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,278 posts
  • LocationFreedonia Institute of Mech Husbandry

Posted 01 February 2015 - 01:08 AM

For the love of Hunchbacks, does anyone have a build that makes the 4P not suck??
I've been putting off Mastering this excuse of a HBK (I've done all the others) and am now remembering why.

#684 Nightmare1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 01 February 2015 - 08:13 AM

View PostRaggedyman, on 01 February 2015 - 01:08 AM, said:

For the love of Hunchbacks, does anyone have a build that makes the 4P not suck??
I've been putting off Mastering this excuse of a HBK (I've done all the others) and am now remembering why.

The 4P is a very powerful Hunchback and is popular with the "Top 10" Hunchback pilots in PGI's special events.

Here is what I run on mine:

Smurfy:
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...d79e8c90d524f1c

#685 TripleEhBeef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 700 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 01 February 2015 - 09:38 AM

Or try this.

HBK-4P MECH MELTER

*Adjust armour to your preference.

Edited by TripleEhBeef, 01 February 2015 - 09:38 AM.

#686 Porcorosso101

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 122 posts
  • LocationUK, Berkshire

Posted 02 February 2015 - 04:57 AM

The 4P is a vey reliable close range laser vomit machine, its alpha strike is excellent- Max out the standard engine 275,

Pros: good speed when elited, its low and squat, its ridge humping and side scoot skills are excellent. You need to edit your fire groups to allow it to fire the head and 2 top torso lasers. You peek and fire 3 MLs and they can barely see you.
Ive added a ERLL to mine as the ML range is the same. You can go zombie mode as well. Low heat gen.

Cons- CT size is large, gun torso is huge, arm cover is minimum.

#687 Raggedyman

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,278 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 04:59 AM

View PostNightmare1, on 01 February 2015 - 08:13 AM, said:

The 4P is a very powerful Hunchback and is popular with the "Top 10" Hunchback pilots in PGI's special events.

It may well be, but so far I'm failing to find the love other than as something to fry my eggs on.

Hopefully through the course of mastering it I will be enlightened.

#688 Porcorosso101

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 122 posts
  • LocationUK, Berkshire

Posted 02 February 2015 - 05:34 AM

My personal advice: Don't do any front line brawling, support everyone by ridge and corner humping sniping. Remember to try and peek with your right gun side. Once you get all the upgrades: max out your speed and get onto the flanks. Also upgrade one top mounted ML to a ERLL or PPC - but keep 5 ML on that torso. The 2 arm ML...not so great as they are so low

Edited by Porcorosso101, 02 February 2015 - 05:38 AM.

#689 Bigbacon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 07:10 AM

so...
4P,4H,4G???

can't decide. on sale right now.

#690 Bigbacon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 07:53 AM

well darn.....smurfy lied! no longer on sale :(

#691 Porcorosso101

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 122 posts
  • LocationUK, Berkshire

Posted 02 February 2015 - 07:56 AM

Your preference:

4P - Pin point laser vomit monster
4H - AC10 - some say not as good as the AC20 variant, I kinda agree
4G - AC20 monster
4J - well known LRM monster with quirks
4SP - great SRM brawler - however I find the wolverines better but it is 5 tonnes more

Edited by Porcorosso101, 02 February 2015 - 07:56 AM.

#692 Dakkaface

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 226 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 04 February 2015 - 02:07 PM

View PostRaggedyman, on 02 February 2015 - 04:59 AM, said:

It may well be, but so far I'm failing to find the love other than as something to fry my eggs on.

Hopefully through the course of mastering it I will be enlightened.

Bite your tongue man! I piloted a -4P before ghost heat and it was a mean beast. The Alpha isn't there anymore, but the sustained DPS still is. So long as you keep on the move and keep cover or a more attractive target around, the -4P(c)'s default build is perfectly fine.

Bind the 6 hunch lasers together for your big punch, use the arm and head lasers for cooldown chainfiring. It's not the 45-point alpha of old, but the duration is lower, it generates less heat and is still a beast.

#693 Bawbagzz

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 46 posts
  • LocationThe 45%

Posted 05 February 2015 - 12:48 AM

The 4J is the best performing Hunchback for me.4-1 kd ratio speaks for itself really.I'm actually surprised more people don't use it.
In open maps it's lulzy.

#694 Raggedyman

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,278 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 04:37 AM

View PostDakkaface, on 04 February 2015 - 02:07 PM, said:

Bind the 6 hunch lasers together for your big punch, use the arm and head lasers for cooldown chainfiring. It's not the 45-point alpha of old, but the duration is lower, it generates less heat and is still a beast.

the above is how it's set up and I'm trying to use it as you and Porcorosso101 have described. But I'm just still not feeling it as I keep looking to my right and thinking "I'm sure that would make a lovely home for an AC20".

Working through the Elites now so things might pick up as I get closer to 'as it should be'.

View PostPorcorosso101, on 02 February 2015 - 07:56 AM, said:

4H - AC10 - some say not as good as the AC20 variant, I kinda agree

If you put in a bigger engine and use it as a 'run & gun' due to the greater range and extra shots then it can work. If you try and use it as a 4G then it's just a waste as it'll never do that role as well.

#695 Porcorosso101

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 122 posts
  • LocationUK, Berkshire

Posted 05 February 2015 - 05:11 AM

I hope you find that point when it works out- it takes time to 'feel' a mechs strengths and I agree: some mechs I didn't like until later...some I still hate....

Speed is important - going 64-79kph is personally too slow for my mech mentality, you need higher speeds to get that 'peek and scoot' skill mastered and you normally have to close the distance for your MLs. If you don't like the 270m range, change 1 ML for a larger one then you can snipe away.

P.s my aim with ac10 and 20 is terribad! so I stick with lasers and ac/5s.

Edited by Porcorosso101, 05 February 2015 - 05:15 AM.

#696 Raggedyman

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,278 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 10:11 AM

Right, All the elites done so it's now at max stats. Just 21k Xp and I'll have the master slot. It's going to be a long 21k though, as whilst I obviously love the 4P like a child because it's a hunchback it's one of the red-headed stepchildren that I've been told I cant sell into slavery.

You're mileage may vary.

#697 Mondeza

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 20 posts
  • Location/\/¯¯¯¯¯\/\

Posted 09 February 2015 - 07:05 AM

View PostPorcorosso101, on 05 February 2015 - 05:11 AM, said:

I hope you find that point when it works out- it takes time to 'feel' a mechs strengths and I agree: some mechs I didn't like until later...some I still hate....

Speed is important - going 64-79kph is personally too slow for my mech mentality, you need higher speeds to get that 'peek and scoot' skill mastered and you normally have to close the distance for your MLs. If you don't like the 270m range, change 1 ML for a larger one then you can snipe away.

P.s my aim with ac10 and 20 is terribad! so I stick with lasers and ac/5s.

Took me quite a while to get the feel for the 4P but now it is my favourite HBK. You definitely need to be above 80kph for it to function and you need to let the big boys get stuck in and grab peoples attention. Then you run around them and add an extra punch 6 ML's into the weak points created by your lance mates.

Great little mech.

#698 Cinerama

• Pip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 05:49 AM

Now with the weapon modules sale, what kind of hunckback modules do you recommend? I know some are a no brainer (ac20 cooldown and range for the G) But for the SP do you take SRM6 cooldown and Medium Laser range or both SRM6?

#699 N a p e s

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 1,688 posts
  • LocationQuebec

Posted 10 February 2015 - 07:27 AM

View PostCinerama, on 10 February 2015 - 05:49 AM, said:

Now with the weapon modules sale, what kind of hunckback modules do you recommend? I know some are a no brainer (ac20 cooldown and range for the G) But for the SP do you take SRM6 cooldown and Medium Laser range or both SRM6?

Personally, I'd go with SRM6 CD and MLas CD. Take advantage of that 20% heat gen reduction for the lasers and make 'em fire faster. Just be careful because you aren't getting any heat gen reduction on those ultra quick firing SRMs.

#700 Bleary

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 365 posts

Posted 15 February 2015 - 05:37 AM

I agree. SRM range tends to be a subpar module due to missile spread. Especially on SRM-6s. Even if you can fire out further, you're much better off getting close.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users