• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationCT, USA

Posted 07 May 2012 - 10:00 AM

View PostCattra Kell, on 07 May 2012 - 09:54 AM, said:

Posted Image

Oh how so pretty~

ZOMG! First in game shot of the Dragon and I love it....... [!] And i'm spent!

#42 cinco

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 509 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 10:00 AM

i love how these (people) need to be persuaded that using your head in a game is a good thing. i think it's rather like yelling at the deaf, they're not mentally equipped for slow paced games, that's why they're playing call of duty to begin with. how many people here even play simulators like dcs? exactly.

Edited by Mason Grimm, 07 May 2012 - 10:01 AM.
Lets play nice ;)

#43 Darrin Thomason

• PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
  • LocationBuckingham, UK

Posted 07 May 2012 - 10:01 AM

View PostWin44, on 07 May 2012 - 09:57 AM, said:

Monday PGI Nooner love! I did rewind the video a couple times just to check that the Cat wasn't firing off a PPC.

The Cat fires the PPC in the Assult Mech breakdown, but you can't really see it as it is hitting you nearly intantley

#44 MaddMaxx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,911 posts
  • LocationNova Scotia, Canada

Posted 07 May 2012 - 10:01 AM

Another quick question? The deforming of terrain is OFF in those vids right?

I ask because the Laser fire did not seem to affect the Trees, one way or the other.

Perhaps I answered my own question... (doh)

Edited by MaddMaxx, 07 May 2012 - 10:02 AM.

#45 AlanEsh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • 1,212 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 10:02 AM

NICE!

One concern about the mechlab:
It asked if he wanted to buy the weapon(s) he doesn't own. It didn't give an option to "test", just "Buy" and "Cancel".

I hope this changes so we can set mechs up completely and then click "buy all" after we're sure it all fits and is laid out as we desire.

/edit -- Ah, missed the part where it takes the money from your account only after you save the design. Still, I think the "You don't own this" dialog is going to be annoying and needs to be optional. I don't care if I don't own it when I'm making my design. If I can see the cost of the design ramping up as I ad equipment to my design, then I know I don't own that particular item.

Edited by Angelicon, 07 May 2012 - 10:09 AM.

#46 Darrin Thomason

• PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
  • LocationBuckingham, UK

Posted 07 May 2012 - 10:03 AM

View PostAngelicon, on 07 May 2012 - 10:02 AM, said:

NICE!

One concern about the mechlab:
It asked if he wanted to buy the weapon(s) he doesn't own. It didn't give an option to "test", just "Buy" and "Cancel".

I hope this changes so we can set mechs up completely and then click "buy all" after we're sure it all fits and is laid out as we desire.

Paul explains near the end that you purchase when you save the variant

#47 Bryan Ekman

Creative Director

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,106 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 07 May 2012 - 10:04 AM

View PostMaddMaxx, on 07 May 2012 - 10:01 AM, said:

Another quick question? The deforming of terrain is OFF in those vids right? I ask because the Laser fire did not seem to affect the Trees, one way or the other. Perhaps I answered my own question... (doh)

We do not support terrain deformation (the ground you walk on). The trees are not fully finalized. We are optimizing the game to have physics based trees.

#48 Garth Erlam

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,756 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • YouTube: Link
  • LocationVancouver, BC

View PostMaddMaxx, on 07 May 2012 - 10:01 AM, said:

Another quick question? The deforming of terrain is OFF in those vids right? I ask because the Laser fire did not seem to affect the Trees, one way or the other. Perhaps I answered my own question... (doh)

Tree-burnin's not in yet, no.

Also, yes that flamer-totting Hunchback is Bryans; there is something referred to as "the Alpha-Strike Incident" - about 0:02 seconds into a game :)

#49 MaddMaxx

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,911 posts

LRM max range @640m confirmed... :)

#50 AlfalphaCat

• PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 10:05 AM

You can see the PPC effect in the assault class video.

And LOL at the Cheerleader moves that the Hunchie did, that IGN said they'd edit out. :)

#51 Major Tom

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 504 posts
  • LocationIncomming!

The mech lab looks phenomonal.
Way better than I expected, I was think mechwarrior style mechlab, but that is incredible. Great job.

#52 Barantor

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,592 posts
  • LocationLexington, KY USA

My face melted with how awesome this looks, great vids.

#53 Nexus Trimean

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • LocationCockpit of my Catapult!

Posted 07 May 2012 - 10:06 AM

It looks Beautiful, Even without sound cause I'm at work the videos are awesome. Look at those Jenners go!

#54 Koshadows

• PipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 70 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 10:06 AM

Hmm maybe i missed something but on these videos there's never a talk or showcase about a zoom feature. Will there be any kind of optical enhancement? even if its like a 1.5x?

#55 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 07 May 2012 - 10:07 AM

... okay.. I am sorry, but I cannot say it enough... O M F G!

O M F G!!

Beta, you cannot come soon enough. What a way to start a week! How are you guys at PGI going to out do these videos?

#56 Kasechemui

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 170 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 07 May 2012 - 10:08 AM

Looks nice, but the movement of the rockets looks kinda chaotic to me.

#57 Aegis Kleais

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,003 posts

View Postcinco, on 07 May 2012 - 10:00 AM, said:

i love how these (people) need to be persuaded that using your head in a game is a good thing. i think it's rather like yelling at the deaf, they're not mentally equipped for slow paced games, that's why they're playing call of duty to begin with. how many people here even play simulators like dcs? exactly.

I find that no matter what game you play, MW included, that you will always have people who take on a FPS-only mentality. These are the people who join a game, run in, do little more than die, and then leave to find another server to do it all over again in.

Though I understand we're still watching Alpha/Beta footage, a pro/con about the animations.

Pro: I see now that when a Mech dies it doesn't just fall over face first. There seems to be a collapsing to the ground accompanied by explosions. It makes for a MUCH better looking death. Nice!

Con: The Catap's movement animation looks a little dumpy. I don't know if it's because he doesn't have a tilt when his leg comes down or what not, he just looks a little odd when moving.

(Oh, another pro; I like how the Mechs look "slumped" when they have overheated. A nice way of indicating the observant players that a Mech is overheated, but might there be some FX added such as distorted heat waves around the Mech?)

Anyways, I can't help but watch these videos over and over. I was planning on getting a lot done today, and this post pretty much put all that on the backburner.

Also, did Paul state "Left Arm" when he selected the Mech's Right Arm? Tsk tsk tsk. Hey Paul, go design some lead and leave orientation to the professionals.

(Hopefully the Mechlab will not repeatedly warn you that you have not bought ammo/weapons and instead will just warn you once about your total 'damage' that you need to pay for the loadout)

#58 MaddMaxx

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,911 posts

View PostBryan Ekman, on 07 May 2012 - 09:49 AM, said:

It's part of the impact FX. It's being toned down a bit.

Thank you. That FX does look cool on a Hunchies Torso sections though, almost a armor heat up and cool down deal. The correct tone is always good though. :)

#59 Vyrus

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 37 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 10:09 AM

That was great. I so ready for this game. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#60 Motionless

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 450 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 10:09 AM

If you want to see a hunchback bug out and Russ swear on the video, as well as IGN fail to edit their video check the Medium Mech video.

Posted Image

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users