289 replies to this topic

#201 Aegis Kleais

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 02:40 PM

View PostTHELONGSHANKS, on 07 May 2012 - 02:13 PM, said:

I am jonesin' so hard for this game. I get more neurotic everyday. Can't wait can't wait!

I know what you mean!

I've been clinically diagnosed as having every disease known to mankind except Delusions of Grandeur. And that is why GOD ALONE has chosen ME to be his right hand Mechwarrior!

View PostWatchit, on 07 May 2012 - 02:23 PM, said:

Man, this is looking great! I love the LRM animations... though I'm afraid I'd waste all my ammo early in the match just firing them and looking at how pretty they are :wub:

Keep up the awesome work ;)

I, too, love their animation, but I just wish they'd leave some smoke trails in the air! We haven't got an opportunity as of yet to HEAR them fire in full fidelity, but I'm hoping for something very substantial!

#202 Shai tan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 466 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 07 May 2012 - 02:44 PM

THIS... is why I upgraded to a GTX 680. ;p

#203 THELONGSHANKS

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 101 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 07 May 2012 - 02:48 PM

View PostAegis Kleais™, on 07 May 2012 - 02:40 PM, said:

I know what you mean!

I've been clinically diagnosed as having every disease known to mankind except Delusions of Grandeur. And that is why GOD ALONE has chosen ME to be his right hand Mechwarrior!

I, too, love their animation, but I just wish they'd leave some smoke trails in the air! We haven't got an opportunity as of yet to HEAR them fire in full fidelity, but I'm hoping for something very substantial!

I was sitting on the train today looking out the window and all I could think about was battlemechs knocking over trees and stepping on houses blasting eachother and trying to avoid being blasted. I haven't been so blissfully unaware of my surroundings and enthralled in my own fantasies since I was a little kid. I love Battletech.

#204 Omega59er

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 394 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 07 May 2012 - 02:55 PM

Can't help but notice the "Estimated Release Date" on IGN's page saying Sept.30th. I know this isn't true and it's only a rough estimate, but this rough estimate was made today. Yesterday the release date was June30th now it's Sept. 30th.

Now I'm guessing that when you guys (Piranha) contacted IGN and asked/told them to change it, they asked for a "latest possible time" for them to put up on their page. Now if all of this lines up correctly, by some strange coincidence, that means we should definitely have our grubby little hard drives on Mechwarrior Online BY September 30th, right? (I'm also taking into account that the game is scheduled for Q3 2012, technically.)

#205 Solis Obscuri

Don't Care How I Want It Now!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 4,751 posts
  • LocationPomme de Terre

Posted 07 May 2012 - 03:00 PM

View PostDihm, on 07 May 2012 - 01:47 PM, said:

I'm still not convinced that this isn't vaporware.

View Postomega5-9er, on 07 May 2012 - 02:55 PM, said:

Can't help but notice the "Estimated Release Date" on IGN's page saying Sept.30th. I know this isn't true and it's only a rough estimate, but this rough estimate was made today. Yesterday the release date was June30th now it's Sept. 30th.

Hmmmm.... ;)

#206 Ross486

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 07 May 2012 - 03:01 PM

View Postomega5-9er, on 07 May 2012 - 02:55 PM, said:

Now I'm guessing that when you guys (Piranha) contacted IGN and asked/told them to change it, they asked for a "latest possible time" for them to put up on their page. Now if all of this lines up correctly, by some strange coincidence, that means we should definitely have our grubby little hard drives on Mechwarrior Online BY September 30th, right? (I'm also taking into account that the game is scheduled for Q3 2012, technically.)

I hope so 4 more months is a long time to wait.

#207 Garth Erlam

• 2,756 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • YouTube: Link
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 07 May 2012 - 03:01 PM

I'm not sure what's up with those dates. Neither are official, so take them with shakers of salt.

#208 HeartoftheJaguar

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 38 posts
  • LocationOhio, United States

Posted 07 May 2012 - 03:04 PM

I am so stoked for this game it's unreal. The mechlab looks great. The early gameplay footage already looks like a ton of fun to play. I'm certain this will be the Mechwarrior game us fans of the series have been waiting for, for a whole decade. I gotta say though the AC/20 weapon effects look kind of weak compared to the earlier gameplay video released at GDC. I want that gun to be loud and bright and create a lot of smoke. In general I want all of the weapons to feel, look and sound powerful. Seemed like the AC/20 was toned down some for these videos.

#209 Ross486

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 07 May 2012 - 03:06 PM

View PostHeartoftheJaguar, on 07 May 2012 - 03:04 PM, said:

I am so stoked for this game it's unreal. The mechlab looks great. The early gameplay footage already looks like a ton of fun to play. I'm certain this will be the Mechwarrior game us fans of the series have been waiting for, for a whole decade. I gotta say though the AC/20 weapon effects look kind of weak compared to the earlier gameplay video released at GDC. I want that gun to be loud and bright and create a lot of smoke. In general I want all of the weapons to feel, look and sound powerful. Seemed like the AC/20 was toned down some for these videos.

They need to unleash the beast that is the AC/20 ;) .

#210 Aegis Kleais

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 03:10 PM

IGN thinks Bad info is better than no info. They're known for jumping the gun with release dates, giving out bad information. I think IGN stands for "I got nothing." so they make stuff up.

#211 TheUncle

• PipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 96 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 03:11 PM

I am not sure if the Youtube 720p links were posted:
//Light Mechs

//Heavy

//Assault

//General Preview

The last 2 I could not post because apparently there is a 2 youtube videos restriction, so there are only links.

#212 Qman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts
  • LocationCanberra. Oz

Posted 07 May 2012 - 03:11 PM

Every update is like discovering beer for the first time....cannot get enough!

#213 Solis Obscuri

Don't Care How I Want It Now!

• The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 4,751 posts
  • LocationPomme de Terre

Posted 07 May 2012 - 03:12 PM

View PostGarth Erlam, on 07 May 2012 - 03:01 PM, said:

I'm not sure what's up with those dates. Neither are official, so take them with shakers of salt.

You know this is the point where we threaten to tickle you until you tell us the Official date, right? ;)

#214 Orzorn

• 3,327 posts
  • LocationComanche, Texas

Posted 07 May 2012 - 03:13 PM

I noticed Bryan used his jump jets as he was falling in the mech. Perhaps fall damage is in the game? In Mechwarrior 4 you could stupidly fall off an entire mountain and take no damage. Fall damage was in Mechwarrior 2 and 3 as well, so I expect something similar from MWO.

#215 Rhavin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 356 posts
  • LocationThe Dropship Texas, FRR

Posted 07 May 2012 - 03:13 PM

So excited to see a dragon screenshot, video would have been so much better I will take whatever you can throw at me though! Piranha guys you frickin rock!

#216 Damocles

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,527 posts
  • LocationOakland, CA

Posted 07 May 2012 - 03:19 PM

What I am enjoying most about the screens so far is the color palette.
In particular, the Dragon beauty-shots show how well they can actually blend with their paint.

#217 Gremlich Johns

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,855 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 07 May 2012 - 03:22 PM

Zoom feature?

Will there be one?

#218 SideSt3p

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 484 posts
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 07 May 2012 - 03:22 PM

I pretty much turned into a 16 year old girl while watching the first video....then the second....then the third...

"oh my god.....Oh My God.....OH MY GOD...OH MY GOD.OH MY GOD! OHMYGOD OHMYGOD OHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGOD!!"

My excitement level just went....

Posted Image

#219 Orzorn

• 3,327 posts
  • LocationComanche, Texas

Posted 07 May 2012 - 03:23 PM

View PostAegis Kleais™, on 07 May 2012 - 02:40 PM, said:

Watch it in 720p, there are smoke trails!

#220 Aegis Kleais

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 03:25 PM

View PostOrzorn, on 07 May 2012 - 03:23 PM, said:

Watch it in 720p, there are smoke trails!

No, I know there are "wisps" of smoke. They are neither thick nor do they last all that long. When I say smoke, I'm talking "gags all of Mother Nature's creatures in its wake" smoke! ;)

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users