#281 HellHat

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 32 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 08 May 2012 - 12:49 PM

Discuss

Edited by HellHat, 08 May 2012 - 01:04 PM.

#282 Paul Inouye

Lead Designer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,815 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 08 May 2012 - 01:13 PM

Already a giant thread dealing with all things IGN revealed. Please use that one.

Heck I'll even merge this one.

#283 Watchit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,235 posts
  • LocationOrlando

Posted 08 May 2012 - 03:08 PM

View PostPaul Inouye, on 08 May 2012 - 01:13 PM, said:

Already a giant thread dealing with all things IGN revealed. Please use that one.

Heck I'll even merge this one.

don't do that, it'll just make the threads larger and more confusing :D

#284 sng ign

• PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 03:24 PM

Glad everyone likes the videos. Our HD option is currently ... being worked out amidst pre-E3 stuff. It'll be fixed soon. Thanks.

#285 autogyro

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts
  • LocationPerth, Australia

Posted 08 May 2012 - 03:38 PM

Good to know, thanks IGN.

#286 Sporklift

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 279 posts
  • LocationDecorah, Iowa

Posted 08 May 2012 - 04:02 PM

They're actually calling this a shooter? INDIGNATION!

#287 Grinner

• PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationChicagoland

Posted 08 May 2012 - 10:49 PM

Something interesting I saw while watching the Mechlab video. When Paul is showing off his Hunchback design and looking for a safe place to store all that awesome machine gun ammo, he cycles through a few locations on the mech. I noticed that all locations that had weapon hard points, namely the arms and right torso, had 3 hard points. 3 energy in each arm and 3 ballistic in the right torso. However, if you look at the center torso as he is cycling through locations, you can see it actually has 3 energy hard points as well. I question this, as a center torso will only ever have 2 free critical locations, barring technology like compact gyros and engines that won't come out in the game universe for quite some time. This leads me to think that the number of hard point locations on the Hunchy he's showing off are placeholders and not indicative of what we'll see in the actual release.

Thoughts?

#288 Redburn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  • LocationRobinson

Posted 09 May 2012 - 05:41 AM

Question:

Light Mech Developer Breakdown video, @ 00:20
On the ground, right front of the Jenner...... Floating just inches above the ground... Looks like a cooking pot.....

What is that????

Also, it appears there's a white square painted on the ground... Is this a spawn point marker????

#289 Leetskeet

• Bad Company
  • 2,101 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 06:48 AM

Hm, looking at that mechlab video...

Is it really worth it to drop an AC/20 for two small lasers, an AC/5, and a machine gun? I understand that that was just to explain how it worked and give a little example of something you could do, but damn, that's a lot less firepower.

But who knows, perhaps the lighter AC's have a higher effective dps per ton than the heavier AC's do through their quick rate of fire, with the obvious drawback of having to keep your fire trained on the target constantly.

The AC/5 really is going to have to be a devastating weapon of it's own right if the stock Dragon is going to have any bite whatsoever. We've seen Hunchbacks in recent videos rocking some type of fully automatic weapon in each shoulder, now it just boils down to what exactly they were shooting. If it was AC/5's, then I'm definitely a happy camper because I firmly believe that 2's and 5's should actually be slinging out shells constantly because they're small enough that they can actually be AUTOcannons. They'll need to do something to actually make them worth their weight, because in a pure TT numbers setting they certainly are overly heavy for what you get. But if in MW:O they have an excellent rate of fire with a still respectable damage per burst/shell/whatever they may just turn out to be nice weapons.

10's and 20's should be the heavy burst damage weapons that make you get really worried when one smacks you because you're in some real immediate trouble, whereas the 5 you may not be too afraid of at first until you notice how quickly it's eating through your armor. The 2... It's just so small... I'm not really sure where it's going to fit in without boating like 3 of them, and again, that's a lot of weight unless they really make the lighter autocannons worth the space.

#290 Watchit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,235 posts
  • LocationOrlando

Posted 09 May 2012 - 09:59 AM

I think the ForumUserKiller would be a fun variant to run, even if only for the lols :(

20 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 20 guests, 0 anonymous users