80 replies to this topic

#61 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 01 April 2015 - 07:24 AM

My Clantech collection is growing, but my colour selection certainly doesn't need to.

Posted Image

#62 Leeroy Mechkins

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 581 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 10:07 PM

Rasalhague colors in Buccaneer Paint Scheme.

Posted Image

Edited by Leeroy Mechkins, 04 April 2015 - 10:10 PM.

#63 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 05:27 AM

That's a perfectly ugly mech there Leeroy

#64 Leeroy Mechkins

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 581 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 06:58 AM

Posted Image

Better?

Edited by Leeroy Mechkins, 07 April 2015 - 07:05 AM.

#65 Klappspaten

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 07 April 2015 - 07:07 AM

View PostLeeroy Mechkins, on 07 April 2015 - 06:58 AM, said:

Posted Image

Better?

a lot :ph34r:

#66 Leeroy Mechkins

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 581 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 07:13 AM

It will take some time before official FRR camo scheme comes out for non-Resistance mechs.
Those Norse details like the detailing on the feet look quite nice.
Posted Image

Edited by Leeroy Mechkins, 07 April 2015 - 08:21 AM.

#67 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 11:50 AM

The faction camo is pretty much ruined by the gold bullseye in the middle of your ct, if it wasn't for that I'd be happy to put it on most of my mechs.

#68 Leeroy Mechkins

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 581 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 04:44 PM

Posted Image

I considered Applejack (above) or Raider as they look more refined and have less central bright spots.
However I'm waiting for the "official" faction camo like the resistance packs as it has more fine details in it.

Edited by Leeroy Mechkins, 07 April 2015 - 05:31 PM.

#69 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 10:22 AM

Comparatively I liked your first one the best, it was definitely ugly, the good kind of ugly for killing clanners in.

Would be nice if they'd just sell the unlocks for all mechs then add another 50 or so with some of the new ones having additional color layers so you can actually get some more interesting looks on all these mechs.

#70 Sandersson Jankins

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 352 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 10:33 AM

I do wish they'd reduce in price or put camo paint on sale. I just can't justify too much paying to dress-up my mechs...not when I've already spent too many shekels on the game! Gotta keep those things tight for....bills....and uh. Mead money, ya dig?

#71 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 04:34 PM

I bought a bunch of camo colors way back when they were on big sales, but the pattern pricing concept kind of irks me. Really wouldn't have much problem buying them all to unlock for every mech even at a few bucks a pop, but for one chassis....?

I own 80+ mechs and know people that have every single one with multiples of quite a few so they can have different loadouts, per chassis is just really shortsighted.

#72 Leeroy Mechkins

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 581 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 05:33 PM

If PGI made faction paint scheme/paint package bundle for all mechs of each faction, players would sign up for that. The devs got to remember not to make the torso spots too shiny targets or people may avoid the camo.

It may take too much work, but if there was some way to paint on faction rank, that is the perfect way to encourage more players to play CW. Players would go play CW like crazy to get the highest rank painted badge.

Human behavior, everyone would want the shiniest badge, not just on forums, but on the mech itself.
I mean look how popular decorating the mech is, this thread has 13k+ views.

Edited by Leeroy Mechkins, 08 April 2015 - 05:45 PM.

#73 Ivan Romatovich Kerensky

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 44 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 09 April 2015 - 03:14 PM

Camo pattern unlock's with CW ranking would be cool. Maybe some customizing decals for rank insignia or house motto's or something.

#74 Klappspaten

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 10 April 2015 - 02:44 AM

I wish we could make a camo pattern for a whole unit, so basically the unit leader makes it with the unit coffers and everyone in the unit can equip it.

#75 Sandersson Jankins

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 352 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 02:48 AM

View PostKlappspaten, on 10 April 2015 - 02:44 AM, said:

I wish we could make a camo pattern for a whole unit, so basically the unit leader makes it with the unit coffers and everyone in the unit can equip it.

Best suggestion yet- in my last game I was most heavily active in, custom "banners" were allowed. You used the in-game currency (free mod, so no real money) to purchase a "banner slot" for your group. This was a medieval persistency/combat mod for MB Warband. The banner would display on certain items, shields, and above your head. It REALLY made a big impact!

The only problem there was certain members of the community wanting complete freedom with banners, and others wanting restriction for "immersion". Personally, I preferred the former approach in that mod; but in this game I feel the second is better. Most people wouldn't be drawing penii on their banners, anyway. There would simply have to be a small approval process. This does take some man-hours to do, but I believe the financial benefits from it would be well-worth it.

#76 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 05:54 AM

Like the idea, but honestly camo patterns banners don't need to be free/c-bills. A reasonable MC cost to have someone at their office check over our banners and patterns and add them to the game to add an additional revenue stream from long standing players is a great idea.

Despite a lot of this game's shortcomings there's still so many of us that have been around since the start and STILL want to have things to spend money on to fund the game.

Things I can tell you I'd chip in money on right off the top of my head -

Camos that unlocked for every chassis - I'd buy them all at the current price or slightly more.
- additionally way more camo patterns because more options is more awesome.

A unit banner/flag that would be posted in the ground at my spawn/base or location of a kill.

Unit badges for my mechs
- heck we could even have several for our unit with either a couple different spots to put them or they stack like military badges.
Add faction rank badge to the above. Equip a total of 2/3 in a similar way to the mounted cockpit items.

Hud variations - including a minimal/immersion one that used the cockpit monitors in place of things like the radar, target info, weapons loadout, speed/heat trackers and other active gear.

And as stupid as it sounds, I'd pay a little to change the colors of my pilots pants or at least have a little variation there.

I also occasionally buy cockpit items, but most of them look terrible and cost far too much for the paltry effort they put into them. The pricing on these has always been a turn off as well, when you are closing in on 90 mechs or more like a lot of guys that have been around for years are, these should be priced to sell out and equip every mech with. Impulse sales from guys customizing each mech they own generate a lot more income than pricing things high and having low sales because they will only do the last dress up bits in the few mechs they run the most.

#77 Jarl Dane

• Generalløytnant
  • Generalløytnant
  • 1,803 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationJarnFolk Cluster

Posted 10 April 2015 - 09:29 AM

I love the camos, and my unit has been really good about adopting ISEN colors. I would like the FRR camo to be an option for all mechs, but otherwise I am happy with how everything has gone.

#78 Sandersson Jankins

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 352 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 09:31 PM

View Postsycocys, on 10 April 2015 - 05:54 AM, said:

i wrote words here that sandersson agrees with

Exactly how I feel- even with limited disposable income myself, I'd like to see PGI make money. It just means I'm more likely to experience a better game, in my book. I'd love for them to make it prohibitively expensive with c-bills, but a reasonable MC cost. That way you CAN grind it out to look cool. Those people grinding it out would increase population; while those paying MC would help out with the finances.

#79 Leeroy Mechkins

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 581 posts

Posted 11 April 2015 - 12:08 AM

https://twitter.com/...036811698479104

FRR camo is on the way. Not immediately, and probably after the clan camo comes out.
Clan camo is planned in Apr.

Hopefully they will come out with rank decals after that.

#80 PhoenixNMGLB

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 307 posts

Posted 11 April 2015 - 02:03 AM

I would pay good money for 'universal' camo unlocks.

I think decals are in the works :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users