Make Your Voice Heard On Ecm For Jenners

125 replies to this topic

Poll: ECM for the Jenner JR-7D. (242 member(s) have cast votes)

Should the Jenner JR7-D get ECM?

1. I am a Jenner pilot, and I think it should get ECM. (33 votes [13.64%])

Percentage of vote: 13.64%

2. I am a Jenner pilot, and it should NOT get ECM. (77 votes [31.82%])

Percentage of vote: 31.82%

3. I am NOT a Jenner pilot, and it should get ECM. (16 votes [6.61%])

Percentage of vote: 6.61%

4. I am NOT a Jenner pilot, and it should NOT get ECM. (116 votes [47.93%])

Percentage of vote: 47.93%

Vote

#41 Virisken

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:40 AM

the jenner is a guerrilla figther with huge firepower (and speed) for a light mech... the raven is mucn more vulnerable then the jenner, so the raven should get a reason to be used

Jenner = fast, heavy attacks
Raven = support with ecm

giving firepower, speed and ecm to the jenner makes the raven ridiculous useless.

#42 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:44 AM

View PostVoridan Atreides, on 28 November 2012 - 08:21 AM, said:

Other people use SSRMs though...stop thinking about yourself. Making ECM available to every mech is like making the best weapon in the game available to every mech. Everyone will have it. What will this do? Not only ruin the game but make it MUCH less fun because the only way you will win is by having that weapon. Is the what you want?

And your point is what again? I see StreakCats and I Kill them or they kill me. I see AC5 Phracts and I kill them or they kill me. Not everyone will have it, BUT everyone will be able to have it. I chose a 4SP Hunchback cause I wanted SRMs and lasers, I have a C1 Pult cause I wanted LRMs and Lasers, I have a Jenner cause I want Warp Speed and ankle biting annoyance, I have an Atlas cause I'm a Steiner!!! I do not give a single F*ck to what everyone else wants, cause they don't give one towards what I want. Bring your best, I'll bring mine, and let the best killer win. No Whining, no fuss!!! That's how I play the game. :)

#43 Streeter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:47 AM

I think we need to see how awesome town the ECM is first, if its ridiculous on the jenner than its going to be virtually as bad on the raven.

If ECM is too imbalanced then ECM itself needs the nerf hammer.

at the moment there is no ECM at all and I see plenty of Ravens around so they cant be THAT bad.

#44 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:47 AM

Jenner is a skirmisher, not a scout. Same deal with Commando. :)

#45 Voridan Atreides

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,149 posts
  • LocationSittin on Turn 3 at Elkhart watchin the Corvettes roar by....I wish. (Stockholm, WI, USA)

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:48 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 28 November 2012 - 08:44 AM, said:

And your point is what again? I see StreakCats and I Kill them or they kill me. I see AC5 Phracts and I kill them or they kill me. Not everyone will have it, BUT everyone will be able to have it. I chose a 4SP Hunchback cause I wanted SRMs and lasers, I have a C1 Pult cause I wanted LRMs and Lasers, I have a Jenner cause I want Warp Speed and ankle biting annoyance, I have an Atlas cause I'm a Steiner!!! I do not give a single F*ck to what everyone else wants, cause they don't give one towards what I want. Bring your best, I'll bring mine, and let the best killer win. No Whining, no fuss!!! That's how I play the game. :)

I'm pretty sure everyone will have it. How do you know who will have it and who won't? What you want is a game centered around one thing (ECM).

Edited by Voridan Atreides, 28 November 2012 - 08:50 AM.

#46 Lootee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,269 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:48 AM

I think every variant of the Raven should be able to add ECM.

Jenner shouldn't get it until the Owens omni-Jenner comes out.

#47 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:50 AM

Sure it is, but right now it is the scout we can have. The Raven is good, but the Jenner can do the job, better.

View PostVoridan Atreides, on 28 November 2012 - 08:48 AM, said:

I'm pretty sure everyone will have it. How do you know who will have it and who won't?

It'll say so on the HUD for some stupid reason!

#48 Roadbeer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:52 AM

Really would prefer not to see it on the D, makes the entire Raven line useless. Just sayin

Edited by Roadbeer, 28 November 2012 - 08:52 AM.

#49 Voridan Atreides

• 2,149 posts
  • LocationSittin on Turn 3 at Elkhart watchin the Corvettes roar by....I wish. (Stockholm, WI, USA)

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:54 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 28 November 2012 - 08:50 AM, said:

Sure it is, but right now it is the scout we can have. The Raven is good, but the Jenner can do the job, better.

Whats the point of even having the Raven if you should just get the Jenner? Same goes for the Commando. What is the point of PGI having these mechs available in the game if you should just get the Jenner? This is the thing many of us have been screaming about. Balance. Balance is one of the most important things in a game. Without balance, like I said, the game will be no fun. Mechwarrior Online may become Jennerwarrior Online....

Edited by Voridan Atreides, 28 November 2012 - 08:54 AM.

#50 Thomas Covenant

• 1,186 posts
  • LocationOn an adventure.

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:55 AM

please add:

I am NOT a Jenner pilot, and I am indifferent about it getting ECM.

I am a Jenner pilot, and I am indifferent about it getting ECM.

#51 AlexWildeagle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 549 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia, PA

Any mech that doesn't have a missile hardpoint should be able to equip ECM

#52 AvatarofWhat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 591 posts
  • LocationAntares

+1 to OP

Jenners are already really good. Give us a reason to choose ravens or commandos instead.

#53 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:56 AM

I disagree Alex. Missileboats will also profit from having ECM.

#54 nemesis271989

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 239 posts
  • LocationDunno

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:58 AM

RAVEN has to have it's place on the battle field.
Few reasons why NO ECM for Jenner
1. The faster than a Raven
2. Can outgun Raven
3. Lag shield.
WhY SO MUch LOve for that mech(Jenner) ?

YES FOR RAven I'm looking forward to get one!

#55 Kurayami

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 916 posts
  • LocationSochi

I am not a "Jenner" or "Raven" pilot - i will pilot what my team need me to pilot. so lets compare.
Jenner Raven
armor equal
engine xl300 xl295
HS 10 10
JJ yes no
ew ECM ECM
BAP BAP
armament 4SL or 2ML
2ml+2sl
2SSRM 2SSRM
ammo 2tons ssrm 2tons ssrm
upgrades dual hs dual hs
ferro ferro
endo endo

Raven have 1 ssrm launcher in hand and it is gimped 1 tube one, laser armaments concentrated in right hand limiting firepower in some maneuvers. Hardpoints are limited, their location result in easy disarming - losing an arm result in drastic loss of firepower. Raven is also have bigger frontal rt\lt projection and higher.

Jenner have both missile launcher in CT packed in 4 tubes launcher allowing them to be fired instantly and ensuring survivability. Laser armament dispersed to both arms again ensuring that losing 1 arm wont strip you of weapons, hardpoints allow to have different configs for comparable damage output.

So tell me which one will people use? and that is without (f) variant.

Jenner don't need another boost - It is already a godlike light. Raven on the other hand losing in every aspect and desperately need one. I know many people will state that they have no problems with killing jenners in Raven - i know i too dont have them.. as long as Jenner pilot is not of the same skill as me.

#56 Imagine Dragons

• Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,324 posts
  • LocationLV-223

View PostKousagi, on 28 November 2012 - 08:19 AM, said:

it says it is well suited to. Yes, it was designed to work behind enemy lines and not depend on supply lines, but that does not make it any less of a scout. Then you might want to look at the chassis... its says scout. Just saying.

Oh my Aircraft carrier was built from a cruiser hull...

It must be a cruiser then.

-.-

#57 nemesis271989

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 239 posts
  • LocationDunno

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:59 AM

View PostPanchoTortilla, on 28 November 2012 - 08:48 AM, said:

I think every variant of the Raven should be able to add ECM.

Jenner shouldn't get it until the Owens omni-Jenner comes out.

+1 On this

#58 Satan n stuff

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,508 posts
  • LocationLooking right at you, lining up my shot.

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:59 AM

I say let the raven have ECM and let the jenner stay the way it is, because the raven will always be the least useful one otherwise.
I didn't vote because I sometimes pilot jenners, and there's no option for that.

#59 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:01 AM

View PostVoridan Atreides, on 28 November 2012 - 08:54 AM, said:

Whats the point of even having the Raven if you should just get the Jenner? Same goes for the Commando. What is the point of PGI having these mechs available in the game if you should just get the Jenner? This is the thing many of us have been screaming about. Balance. Balance is one of the most important things in a game. Without balance, like I said, the game will be no fun. Mechwarrior Online may become Jennerwarrior Online....

Not every House will have access to the Raven? So if everyone doesn't have access to ECM the game will be out of balance. Why would it be fair for some and not all to have it? Unless you want that advantage for yourself only. Let everyone have access to the electronic packages. No cause I want ECM in my brawler Atlas as well as my Scout Jenner. See... Balance!

#60 Comassion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:04 AM

View Posthammerreborn, on 28 November 2012 - 08:35 AM, said:

No. TAG and NARC still function as usual, and you still take damage as usual. This should be changed to effectively making you immune to LRMs from half way across the map unless the LRM boat has a spotter.

TAG doesn't function as well because you now need to hold it on the target all the time. If you lose the hit, you'll lose lock - prior to ECM your standard targeting system could hold the lock while you put the TAG beam back on target.

NARC is completely nullified (Not that it was good before for the tonnage and all).

Narc beacons will stick to hidden Mechs, but they won’t provide their normal bonuses until the Mech leaves the ECM’s range.

Don't conflate SSRMs with streakcats. Streakcats are the only ones seriously effected by this, and only if they are ramboing.

SSRMs are in use by other 'mechs that will not be getting ECM, like Hunchbacks, and it pretty much requires that you run ECM as a light if you have SSRMs - and keep in mind that only three light variants will be getting ECM. The other variants that use SSRMs will be down a portion of their firepower when they engage you.

Any lights with streaks will be able to fire normally as they'll be running counter while engaging lights with ECM on. Same with the atlases that are likely to be running ECM will most likely play anti-light for the front line mechs or fire support.

Granted.

I wasn't aware that ECM also blinded you and made your heat signature disappear. That's nifty.

Just having ECM doesn't make you invisible, but if you're sneaking around then the enemy not being able to share targeting data (through either not being able to target you or being inside ECM range) means that far fewer enemies will know where you are, and it will become much easier to maneuver behind enemy lines without being caught.

Cause clearly Jenner pilots who vote for it only want to be overpowered and not realize that the biggest strength the jenners have right now is 2 free tons because jump jets don't work properly and realize that in order to run BAP, ECM, and jump normally they're going to have to sacrifice weapons, heat management, or speed to maintain what we can do right now.

I am willing to hear an argument to the effect that the Jenner should have this equipment, but this is not that argument, especially in light of the fact that many current Jenner-D builds can switch out AMS for ECM at essentially no cost. When the time comes to pay for Jump Jets, we will still be faster than Ravens and still have Jump Jet capability and better hardpoints. You can also opt to not have Jump Jets, and still maintain better speed and hardpoints than the Raven.

Stop blowing this **** outta proportion, it's not the end of the damn world.

I never claimed it was the end of the world, or that the game would suddenly no longer be fun, but it does appear to be the end of the Raven.

If you respond, I'd very much like an answer to this: Why would you ever take a Raven when you could have a Jenner with ECM instead?

Edited by Comassion, 28 November 2012 - 09:05 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users