Make Your Voice Heard On Ecm For Jenners

125 replies to this topic

Poll: ECM for the Jenner JR-7D. (242 member(s) have cast votes)

Should the Jenner JR7-D get ECM?

1. I am a Jenner pilot, and I think it should get ECM. (33 votes [13.64%])

Percentage of vote: 13.64%

2. I am a Jenner pilot, and it should NOT get ECM. (77 votes [31.82%])

Percentage of vote: 31.82%

3. I am NOT a Jenner pilot, and it should get ECM. (16 votes [6.61%])

Percentage of vote: 6.61%

4. I am NOT a Jenner pilot, and it should NOT get ECM. (116 votes [47.93%])

Percentage of vote: 47.93%

Vote

#81 Vexgrave Lars

Former Dictionary

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,119 posts
  • LocationParticle and Wave

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:39 AM

Jenners should ECM about the time we get collisions back and working without teleporting... oh and after all the net programming works properly.

...or when bovines can self propel skyward and shoot artillery rounds out their *****.

#82 Voridan Atreides

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,149 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSittin on Turn 3 at Elkhart watchin the Corvettes roar by....I wish. (Stockholm, WI, USA)

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:44 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 28 November 2012 - 09:38 AM, said:

And Atlas and Phracts also. Jenner-D are Davion variants, Catapults are quoted as being spread through out the houses with exception of the K2 which is a Kurita only variant. Marik would have all the M variants of said Mechs.

What? Didn't you didn't know what the K, L, D, S and M stand for in the Suffix? B) It's why I want more mechs in the Mix before I consider this game viable. Steiners need the Zues, Davions will have the Jager, Marik has the Hunchback and laserboat Awesome... cause they don't have a good supply of PPCs! Talk to me about who has what. There is a very very well detailed list of availability floating around the Battletech forums. Compiled and crosschecked by bigger geeks than I am. :)

But in the game all mechs are available to all houses...so what is your point?

Edited by Voridan Atreides, 28 November 2012 - 09:44 AM.

#83 GoGo Yubari

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 141 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:44 AM

It's fine if they make it the -K variant of the Jenner. Would make sense, but giving ECM to the best Jenner variant which already has a purpose and place on the battlefield makes less sense.

#84 Kurayami

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 916 posts
  • LocationSochi

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:51 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 28 November 2012 - 09:38 AM, said:

Kurita have or will have every type of every mech :) or have you forgotten how exactly we have so many catapults around?)

#85 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:54 AM

Kurayami, With that logic so will Lyrans! :)

Unless you're talking about the deal Teddy made with The ComGuard?

#86 FrostCollar

• 1,454 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, US

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:00 AM

View PostGoGo Yubari, on 28 November 2012 - 09:44 AM, said:

It's fine if they make it the -K variant of the Jenner. Would make sense, but giving ECM to the best Jenner variant which already has a purpose and place on the battlefield makes less sense.

No, I think that would still be too much. Giving it to another Jenner still keeps the fundamental problem that Jenners are the best light mech option. Saying "well, just use a different Jenner" doesn't tackle that and leaves Commandos and especially Ravens in the garbage heap.

#87 Daekar

• 1,214 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:08 AM

I don't care if lore says the Jenner is a scout. No ECM for Jenners, they're powerful enough as it is. The only way for this to be acceptable is to put knockdowns back in with the ECM patch... which won't happen.

#88 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:11 AM

i am more than happy to have Knock downs back as well as ECM for everyone. I cannot believe how wimpy you people sound.

#89 DrBunji

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 205 posts
  • LocationNorthwind

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:14 AM

Massive respect to the OP.

#90 MaddMaxx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,911 posts
  • LocationNova Scotia, Canada

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:14 AM

View PostIcebound, on 28 November 2012 - 07:36 AM, said:

Nobody will care about this once they put knockdowns back in.

Yup! Once you turn the Turtle (ECM bubble) over, they is all but toast. LOL :)

#91 GioAvanti

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:15 AM

View PostKraven Kor, on 28 November 2012 - 07:33 AM, said:

There are few enough reasons already to take any other light over a Jenner, so... no :)

Commando is "canon" as having ECM. Jenner is not.

Jenner is less of a scout and more of a light combat mech. Or that is my understanding.

The Jenner has always been considered a hunter killer of scouts... it does not need ECM.

#92 DrBunji

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 205 posts
  • LocationNorthwind

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:18 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 28 November 2012 - 10:11 AM, said:

i am more than happy to have Knock downs back as well as ECM for everyone. I cannot believe how wimpy you people sound.

Yes pointing out an obvious imbalance, even to the point where the OP is calling his own choice of mech overpowered, is whining?

There's a reason you see swarms of jenners, the occasional commando and never ever a raven.

#93 GioAvanti

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:21 AM

View PostFrostCollar, on 28 November 2012 - 09:08 AM, said:

Yes please. I'm a Raven pilot, and I was looking forward to the ECM because it might have a chance at making all Ravens worthwhile. None of them are great, but the 3L is generally considered the best.

Denying ECM to the other Ravens and giving it to the Jenner keeps the status quo. All Ravens are poor choices, but the 3L is the best of the rest, and the Jenner is still dominant. Please, give the Raven a chance.

I heard that every raven variant will have it.... my issues is that the jenner should not get it... there has to be a reason why you'd pick a raven over a jenner other than looks. The raven is *THE* iconic EW mech (there were others, but the raven is like the Madcat of EW).

View PostDrBunji, on 28 November 2012 - 10:18 AM, said:

Yes pointing out an obvious imbalance, even to the point where the OP is calling his own choice of mech overpowered, is whining?

There's a reason you see swarms of jenners, the occasional commando and never ever a raven.

I play a raven currently because I like feeling original and killing jenners (its more pilot than mech).

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 28 November 2012 - 10:11 AM, said:

Its ok I can't believe how ignorant you sound :)

#94 Manny Rhyde

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 142 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:24 AM

what about ECM on the Spider, picture this: a ninja mech that can fly over people's heads and difficult to detect until it's too late :angry:

#95 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:25 AM

Thats Ok Gio... I was being Polite. :angry:

I want all teh negative effects back into this game. I want Knock downs back I want collision damage, and skidding, DFA's and violent Ammo explosions! This is a war game, so lets have some friggin war! :P

#96 DrBunji

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 205 posts
  • LocationNorthwind

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:25 AM

View PostGioAvanti, on 28 November 2012 - 10:21 AM, said:

I play a raven currently because I like feeling original and killing jenners (its more pilot than mech).

That is true, but that still means you have to choose to play with a less-than-optimal mech if you want to run a raven. A good player will always beat a bad player, but two equally skilled pilots, one in a jenner and the other in a raven? The setup favors the one in the jenner.

There should be an actual reason to run the raven, not just aesthetical (the jenner looks horrible, am I the only one who thinks this?)

Edited by DrBunji, 28 November 2012 - 10:26 AM.

#97 Quxudica

• Little Helper
  • 1,858 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:34 AM

Personally I think Jenners, and I'd say all lights/some mediums even, should get the ECM module. The thing it's going to cripple the most are streak boats (lrms are already iffy against fast mechs, you shouldn't be using them against lights most of the time), meaning people will have to rely on aiming to hit their target - this is a good thing. net code being fixed and collisions re-added will both reduce the effectiveness of lights, having to learn to aim now will only benefit you later. 100% accurate weapons are a crutch and need to have a large downside, if you rely on them entirely to kill any mech type then you should find yourself at a massive disadvantage against a good pilot with the right load out.

I haven't been able to use my light mechs for two weeks because the patch tanked my fps to badly, however as a strictly heavy mech pilot at the moment - I only have major issues with lights when my team does nothing to help and I have several on me. Even with the lag shield issues I've landed AC rounds, Gauss rounds, even dumbfire srms on them. Don't rely on the game aiming your weapon for you and you won't have an issue when the counter is added.

#98 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:37 AM

View PostDrBunji, on 28 November 2012 - 10:25 AM, said:

That is true, but that still means you have to choose to play with a less-than-optimal mech if you want to run a raven. A good player will always beat a bad player, but two equally skilled pilots, one in a jenner and the other in a raven? The setup favors the one in the jenner.

There should be an actual reason to run the raven, not just aesthetical (the jenner looks horrible, am I the only one who thinks this?)

There is a reason to pilot a Raven over a Jenner. You are Capellan and not Kurita. House Liao doesn't have a lot of Jenners! House Davion Light Pilots should be running Valkyries for the same reason.

#99 Jman5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:38 AM

The problem is that if you remove the jenner's ECM ability suddenly it becomes as useless as the Raven is now. No one would pick the slight advantage over the powerful guardian ECM ability of the Raven/Commando. All 3 lights need it.

That said, I'm not sure if the jenner variant listed is the right choice for it.

#100 LionZoo

• PipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 82 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:02 AM

First of all, I think whichever Mech gets ECM will be OP with the way ECM is currently set up. It's just way too powerful for 1.5 tons. This is especially true since the RVN-3L is capable of speeds very similar to a Jenner's. In otherwords, whichever Mech gets the ECM will be the new OP FOTM, REPLACING the Jenner (assuming the Jenner doesn't get ECM).

Second, I think if you want to give ECM to a Jenner, give it to the JR7-K. It's currently the weakest. Giving it to a JR7-D, arguably the strongest Jenner, is just madness.

Edited by LionZoo, 28 November 2012 - 11:10 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users