81 replies to this topic

#41 Armored Yokai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 1,949 posts
  • LocationHouston,TX

Posted 09 May 2012 - 12:54 PM

will there be removable acutators so the dragon and centurion can have flip arm action or fit ac20s

ridiculous questions
(Paul edition)
will his mech automatically target you
when your mech wears hot pink
(ever more ridiculous)
Does he have a cookie dispenser in his mech and office?

#42 Rayge

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 09 May 2012 - 01:14 PM

How strong will the commander orbital strikes be? ie, are we talking 1-2 salvos of LRMs, or will it destroy any light mech caught in the blast?

When is open beta coming out? :)

I would like to echo other poster's question about Merc corps. Can we get some details on how the merc corp system differes from the faction system?

Edited by Rayge, 09 May 2012 - 01:14 PM.

#43 Runz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 329 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationInternational Man of Mystery (I travel a lot)

Posted 09 May 2012 - 01:20 PM

I noticed in the last Ask the Devs that TAG and NARC will be available at launch, but having watched the gameplay vids it 'looks like' that as long as the scout mechs have visuals on the enemy it counts effectively counts as a TAG for LRMs anyway.

So what will differentiate using TAGs from just having a well positioned scout?

NARCs I understand cos once they're tagged scouts no longer need to Line of Sight them.

#44 Sephyr

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 02:08 PM

@ Neodym

View Postneodym, on 09 May 2012 - 07:28 AM, said:

1. will there be ammo refit/repair on maps?

2. will there be friendly fire?

same questions as last time,simple but extremly important facts,like its difference between me playing all weapons or energy only and me playing with team or solo ( so these noobs dont hit me )

Both of Your questions can be surely answered by a "Yes"
Repair will be on the repairbays inside of the 5 Main bases across the map You re playing on and controll.

Friendly fire seems to be on since the last ingame video (LRM Catapult, i forgot the minute it happens)

#45 Darling_In_The_MeXX

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 103 posts
  • LocationUS of A

Posted 09 May 2012 - 02:49 PM

Can MWO make an APP?

This is one of the biggest most interactive games about to come out in the universe. How does one keep up with their mechs and what is happening on their worlds? I have a suggestion to MWO that might be an easy implemented option that could allow the average player a bigger role in this universe.

So we have the more enthusiast person playing this game. He can only play on Saturdays and once a week and still be ok with every day life. So how does he know if he should jump onto the game Monday over Thursday? Here is how!

Applications: better known as apps for the ipod and smart phones!

This can be as simple as typing a world into a text box and it will then request information on that worlds status: invasion by Kurita, no actions, or you no longer have connections.

Or this can be as intricate as saying who is attacking what world no matter what your relations as a mechwarrior are to the planet. The interactions of doing "deals" or buying mechs using the app. Finally just saying who if any of your "friends" are on.

Finally i would like to possibly see Solaris betting possibly?

I think this is and easily accomplished task. If so charge .99 cents for the app, the information would be worth the charge. It would also keep the members more active and involved with mwo.

#46 Solis Obscuri

Don't Care How I Want It Now!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 4,751 posts
  • LocationPomme de Terre

Posted 09 May 2012 - 02:56 PM

From dev comments on the forums and devblogs, I've come to understand that there will be some key differences in the way merc corps will be able to manage themselves as opposed to how house troops will function. Can you elaborate on this a bit? e.g. What sorts of tools will merc commanders have available? How will contracts work (single objection or signing on for a longer duration "campaign" with a house?) Will house troops have any ability to band together with online friends and function as units together, or are they just in a grab-bag?

#47 Jack Gallows

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 03:44 PM

Couple of questions...

1.) If you are a Faction player and decide to queue up for a match, can you queue with a group and what would be the max size of this group? If it's 12v12 battles, can I queue with 11 of my friends and get into the same battle, or is there a limit imposed upon the number of people in a match queue that might be "grouped."

2.) What is the air speed of an unladen swallow?

3.) If you begin the game as a Faction player but would like to go Mercenary and join an existing Merc corp...can you? Vice Versa?

4.) In the event of number 3, do you become dispossessed, or suffer some form of penalty for switching?

5.) Is there any possibility of having players create their own custom units within a Faction and having control over it much like how a Merc company will run?

*Bonus Question!*

7.) Is there any update on the situation with the Unseen/Reseen or if we'll ever be able to see those 'mechs in MW:O? And, are you open to community suggestion regarding them?

Edited by Jack Gallows, 10 May 2012 - 04:17 AM.

#48 Sassori

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 884 posts
  • LocationBlackjack

Posted 09 May 2012 - 04:01 PM

Why was the decision made to double armor and not double damage of weapons? This shift really erases the vulnerability of light mechs since they do not have to risk internal damage so much now.

#49 BFett

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 751 posts
  • LocationA galaxy far far away...

Posted 09 May 2012 - 06:07 PM

Will there be a salvage system for collecting damaged pieces of mechs we have engaged after each map? If yes, will we be able to choose what weapons/mechs we want to salvage? If no, will there be any financial bonus for blowing up a mech?

#50 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 09 May 2012 - 07:21 PM

Will MW:O contain any of the more-random neuances of TT gaming, such as through-armor criticals or running the risk of suddenly tripping when runinng through water?

#51 BFett

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 751 posts
  • LocationA galaxy far far away...

Posted 09 May 2012 - 07:51 PM

Q2: Will players be able to play against each other in private matches? For example, 1v1 matches where 2 players can test their skills against one another?

Q3: Will weapon and mech prices vary for each faction? If so, by what percentage will they vary from one faction to the next?

Edited by BFett, 10 May 2012 - 05:23 PM.

#52 Fresh Meat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 779 posts
  • LocationMannequin Republic

Posted 09 May 2012 - 08:13 PM

How will legging be handled? Will we fall over dead, continue to lay there hoping we get a chance to shoot, or can we use JJ's to get back in the fight?

#53 Volkodav

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 2,360 posts
  • LocationЯрославль. RDL.

Posted 09 May 2012 - 08:38 PM

One question! Specific dimensions for the map, which will be used mostly ? 2 x 2 km, 4 x 4 km or more.

Show us another maps. :)

#54 neodym

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 493 posts
  • Locationready to help with closed beta

Posted 09 May 2012 - 10:25 PM

View PostGrayNoton, on 09 May 2012 - 02:08 PM, said:

@ Neodym

Both of Your questions can be surely answered by a "Yes"
Repair will be on the repairbays inside of the 5 Main bases across the map You re playing on and controll.

Friendly fire seems to be on since the last ingame video (LRM Catapult, i forgot the minute it happens)

I appriciate you post but I want offical statement from devs,if I missed it please someone give me link

where did you saw friendly fire in video?

#55 Runz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 329 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationInternational Man of Mystery (I travel a lot)

Posted 09 May 2012 - 10:37 PM

View PostJack Gallows, on 09 May 2012 - 03:44 PM, said:

6.) Might we get a list or a rundown of the weapons that are available to us in this time period. Some of us are savy on what's around, but some may not be aware. Also, absence of specific weapons during the mech lab video raises a few eyebrows on weapon exclusion (ex: Ultra AC5, etc.) Would be nice to get some concrete info (if possible, understand there's a lot of testing involved.)

Read the answers to the last Ask the Devs - it explains every weapon available on launch (pretty much every weapon available in this time period as far as I can see).

@GrayNoton - although I agree with you that friendly fire will likely be a feature (good!), what makes you think there are repair bays? I haven't seen anything to suggest that and the five bases, as far as I can tell, are merely capture nodes not MWLL style repair bays. I'm already fairly certain that some of details released have suggested that if anything there will definitely not be any kind of repair bay mechanics in game at launch. How on earth would that would out with C-Bills, the economy model and mechlab to name just one of the many issues with that.

I wouldn't state an assumption as absolute fact unless you has a link, it just confuses people.

Also, I hate the idea of mid-match repairs :)

#56 Sephyr

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 12:41 AM

View Postneodym, on 09 May 2012 - 10:25 PM, said:

I appriciate you post but I want offical statement from devs,if I missed it please someone give me link

where did you saw friendly fire in video?

This is a MW:O external link, Video is from Catapult-fight, watch minute 02:26

http://www.ign.com/v...loper-breakdown

#57 Sephyr

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 01:46 AM

View PostRunz, on 09 May 2012 - 10:37 PM, said:

Read the answers to the last Ask the Devs - it explains every weapon available on launch (pretty much every weapon available in this time period as far as I can see).

@GrayNoton - although I agree with you that friendly fire will likely be a feature (good!), what makes you think there are repair bays? I haven't seen anything to suggest that and the five bases, as far as I can tell, are merely capture nodes not MWLL style repair bays. I'm already fairly certain that some of details released have suggested that if anything there will definitely not be any kind of repair bay mechanics in game at launch. How on earth would that would out with C-Bills, the economy model and mechlab to name just one of the many issues with that.

I wouldn't state an assumption as absolute fact unless you has a link, it just confuses people.

Also, I hate the idea of mid-match repairs :)

I hawe seen an article mentioning base capture, defense buildings wchich includes repairs during game just yesterday.
Since i can´t find it anymore after spending the whole morning by searching it ...:-( ... take it as a rumor,
scuse me.

#58 neodym

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 493 posts
  • Locationready to help with closed beta

Posted 10 May 2012 - 02:04 AM

View PostGrayNoton, on 10 May 2012 - 12:41 AM, said:

This is a MW:O external link, Video is from Catapult-fight, watch minute 02:26

http://www.ign.com/v...loper-breakdown

he said he almost shoot a buddy,that doesnt prove anything

#59 Jack Gallows

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 04:17 AM

View PostRunz, on 09 May 2012 - 10:37 PM, said:

Thanks!

#60 Sprouticus

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,781 posts
  • LocationChicago, Il, USA

Posted 10 May 2012 - 04:23 AM

Will Faction players be able to create 'associations' of some kind? Call it guild/corporation/clan/unit, whatever.

\Ill reiterate my other question from last time without the details:

What is the process for a player to enter a game, and can you enter a queue as a group?

Do you select mechs before or after you get to the lobby?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users