Ecm Bonus - Xp/c-Bills?

4 replies to this topic

Poll: ECM Bonus - Should there be one (28 member(s) have cast votes)

ECM Bonus - Should there be one

1. Yes - Achieving a block or counter warrants a reward (6 votes [18.75%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 18.75%

2. Yes - A bonus should be applied where a teammate achieves a lock after ECM is countered (2 votes [6.25%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.25%

3. Yes - A bonus should be applied if a team member kills a mech you are jamming (1 votes [3.12%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.12%

4. No - Using the ECM will grant a mech a big enough advantage (18 votes [56.25%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 56.25%

5. No - For no reason (3 votes [9.38%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.38%

6. Undecided - Need to see how it works first (1 votes [3.12%] - View)

7. Undecided..... (1 votes [3.12%] - View)

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 White Bear 84

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:42 PM

Ok, thought i would open this up for discussion given the ECM suite will arriving on our doorstep next week. Currently mechs get bonuses for spotting and component damage.. ..but what about ECM jams and counters? I have put a poll up to see what people think, apologies if the answer you think is not up there, but feel free to discuss.

NB: Poll is multiple choice!

Edited by White Bear 84, 28 November 2012 - 02:54 PM.

#2 Cannibal Cat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  • LocationIsrael

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:23 AM

I run an ECM mech (RVN-3L) and IMHO they are already overpowered as they are.
ECM allows me to go virtually undetected anywhere (which is good, an ECM should do that). But it also allows me to attack non-ECM mechs with impunity unless they have an ECM ally to counter me.

I would suggest that ECM should be reduced so that it does nothing to counter NARC or TAG regardless of range and that with a BAP, it should be possible (though more difficult than normal and the lock is more easily broken) to lock onto an ECM mech.

#3 Dane Dread

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:41 AM

Good idea. Can I get XP/c-bill bonuses for drawing fire from the enemy and allowing my team to shoot freely?

#4 Circles End

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 225 posts
  • LocationSol III, Northern hemisphere, Denmark

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:32 AM

View PostCannibal Cat, on 28 December 2012 - 05:23 AM, said:

... with a BAP, it should be possible (though more difficult than normal and the lock is more easily broken) to lock onto an ECM mech.

Even though your post was thread necromancy, I still think this is a good enough idea to warrant a response. Since we know from previous patches that PGI have a variable they can adjust as to how much of a mech needs to be visible to target it, this could rather easily be done. Have ECM vs. a BAP mech need to have 75% visibility of the enemy before they can lock him, and hey presto, ECM works against BAP without completely nullifying it.

#5 Omigir

Can I have a hug? :(

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,800 posts
  • LocationVa

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:34 AM

I would say there needs to be more bonuses for spotting/scouting.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users