Do You Want People To Not Play Your Game?

889 replies to this topic

#41 Vassago Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 29 November 2012 - 02:15 AM

An extremely poor game. I overheated and got streaked, then we got rolled. Such is the life of a commando.

Posted Image

My repairs. I have artemis SRM missiles in stock, so the rearm is slightly reduced.

Posted Image

Please tell me again how lights are 'cheap.' Nothing is cheap in this game. Must I get into a really, really old, basic clunker, running standard sinks and small lasers? Because I happen to have one of those, too!

#42 Taizan

Com Guard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts
  • LocationGalatea (NRW)

Posted 29 November 2012 - 02:16 AM

View PostDeadoon, on 29 November 2012 - 02:09 AM, said:

If he ran a trial and did absolutely horrible he would have gotten the same or more. more especially if he wasn't using a founders mech.

Which is the one of the points of the trial mechs. If you need a money bump, run trials and make a million per hour. They are basically handing out wads of C-bills by offering this alternative.

#43 Smokin Dragon

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 40 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 02:17 AM

View PostDeath Knell, on 29 November 2012 - 01:42 AM, said:

Cool goldvision, Bro.

Everyone else who is adding to the conversation seems to have a different experience with the game

funny, because since my premium stopped, i was forced to strip most of the tech of my founders cat in order to manage repair bills. by taking out XL, atermis and endo steel i dropped from 120k average to 30k average.

Learn to play

#44 Rifter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,230 posts

View PostDeadoon, on 29 November 2012 - 02:06 AM, said:

So someone disagrees with you it is automatically trolling? Seriously, that is what is wrong with this community at times.

Exactly, dont get me wrong Vassago Rain can be a huge giant troll at times, so can i, however in this situation he is bang on.

#45 xxx WreckinBallRaj xxx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,852 posts

View PostEGL, on 29 November 2012 - 02:03 AM, said:

Vassago is trolling, he must be, go re read my first post on the community warfare and economy situation.

Trolling? He's 100% right in this thread and the economy needs some serious changes. It pays players that do nothing yet doesn't pay honest hardworking players enough.

#46 Ewigan

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,168 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 29 November 2012 - 02:20 AM

View PostVassago Rain, on 29 November 2012 - 02:09 AM, said:

Posted Image

Let me tell you about repairing lights. This will be very expensive.

It will be pricey, but you should still make money, even after a loss.

View PostVassago Rain, on 29 November 2012 - 02:15 AM, said:

An extremely poor game. I overheated and got streaked, then we got rolled. Such is the life of a commando.

Posted Image

My repairs. I have artemis SRM missiles in stock, so the rearm is slightly reduced.

Posted Image

Please tell me again how lights are 'cheap.' Nothing is cheap in this game. Must I get into a really, really old, basic clunker, running standard sinks and small lasers? Because I happen to have one of those, too!

I missed that post somehow....
ANYWAY, you were playing with yout go-to commando with shiny parts everywhere.
you got completely dismemberes and lost.
and still make 20k cash.

i see no problem here.

edit: just like in the other thread(s) the most people that whine are founders. use your founders time and stop your whining guys!

Edited by Ewigan, 29 November 2012 - 02:21 AM.

#47 Vassago Rain

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 02:21 AM

View PostEwigan, on 29 November 2012 - 02:19 AM, said:

Yes.
Some 10k, as my screenshots show.

Why aren't I farming in a trial mech again? Had I been center hit, and all my limbs popped, the repair would be even higher. Without the spare SRMs in my inventory, that ammo cost would be at least twice as big.

#48 KinLuu

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,917 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 02:21 AM

The economy is balanced on the principle that people use premium.

With premium, you can do what you want and still have a very steady income. Even if you lose all your matches.

This is PGIs way to get you to pay.

#49 Vassago Rain

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 02:22 AM

View PostSmokin Dragon, on 29 November 2012 - 02:17 AM, said:

funny, because since my premium stopped, i was forced to strip most of the tech of my founders cat in order to manage repair bills. by taking out XL, atermis and endo steel i dropped from 120k average to 30k average.

Learn to play

Sounds lots of fun taking out those toys you already spent hours grinding for, because you can't run them. LOTS of fun, brah.

#50 Deadoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 02:22 AM

View PostMax Liao, on 29 November 2012 - 02:15 AM, said:

Assault 'Mechs should never, EVER equal in population to Medium 'Mechs (which are the 'workhorses of the Inner Sphere armies' and comprise 40% of the active 'Mechs in service).

Secondly, those 'Mechs are viable. They're more than viable, they are exceptional in combat. With that said, I wouldn't use one when PUGging. Save the upgraded designs for your team, stick to smaller chassis, or limit your tech.

Note the wording, viable as any other if one mech is be design more viable doesn't that violate that? And if anything the only assault we'll be seeing next week will be the D-DC due to the ecm mounting ability.

Also to those saying trials are a money bump mechanism, doesn't that punish players which are playing the game as expected?

Edited by Deadoon, 29 November 2012 - 02:24 AM.

#51 Taizan

Com Guard

• 1,692 posts
  • LocationGalatea (NRW)

Posted 29 November 2012 - 02:23 AM

View PostVassago Rain, on 29 November 2012 - 02:15 AM, said:

I don't have a light, but with my mediums I rarely go over 60k in R&R. So obviously, your build is cost inefficient and you have a tendency to prefer running cost inefficient mech builds. Its just part of the meta game that hopefully will play a more prominent role in CW.

#52 Jelan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 422 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 02:24 AM

Isnt this a case of dont pilot what you cant afford to lose?

Coming from hardcore games like Perpetuum and Eve where you lose it if its blown up you quickly realise the risk of bringing your big shiny toys out and only do it when you are confident of a win or the stakes are high.

Frankly if you lose and you have your expensive mech then it should lose money, if you win then you shouldnt lose i agree, but if you have the most expensive equipment and fittings and take a beating then dont be surprised if you dont make as much money as the medium mech with medium lasers and single heatsinks.

You cant have your cake and eat it.

#53 Vassago Rain

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 02:24 AM

View PostEwigan, on 29 November 2012 - 02:20 AM, said:

I missed that post somehow....
ANYWAY, you were playing with yout go-to commando with shiny parts everywhere.
you got completely dismemberes and lost.
and still make 20k cash.

i see no problem here.

edit: just like in the other thread(s) the most people that whine are founders. use your founders time and stop your whining guys!

I didn't get dismembered. Had I been, that repair bill would have increased by 20k. Do you really want me to make +10k/-20k per match? I can make 60k guaranteed in a trialmech, simply for blowing myself up.

You don't see the problem with all of this?

#54 Slanski

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • LocationBavaria

Posted 29 November 2012 - 02:25 AM

I like this economy!

It's freaking wrecked Mad Max inner sphere before the clan invasion. We are scavenging lone wolves and mercenaries working for the great houses. Each shot should be carefully considered, a fully emptied missile bunker the cause of a contract in the red and each repair a painful blow to our budget with some junkyard juryrigger.

This game might never make complete metagame and community warfare, but this is how it should look like at this stage in fluff history. Most Mechwarrior intro movies are from much later and showing a much more sophisticated military machine.

#55 Smokin Dragon

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 40 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 02:25 AM

View PostVassago Rain, on 29 November 2012 - 02:22 AM, said:

Sounds lots of fun taking out those toys you already spent hours grinding for, because you can't run them. LOTS of fun, brah.

it is fun bra

now i only bring out the toys when i run with a good group, since the repair bills would be horrid otherwise.

I think the problem people have is that they need toys to compete, to make up for their lack of skill.

if you ran the same match in a mech with no tech, not only would you probably deal nealry the same performance when all is said and done, but your costs would be lower.

i fail to see the economy problem, even with no premium.

#56 Vassago Rain

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 02:26 AM

View PostTaizan, on 29 November 2012 - 02:23 AM, said:

I don't have a light, but with my mediums I rarely go over 60k in R&R. So obviously, your build is cost inefficient and you have a tendency to prefer running cost inefficient mech builds. Its just part of the meta game that hopefully will play a more prominent role in CW.

Posted Image

I am glad you brought up cost-effectiveness, for I have here the most cost-effective mech in the game! It's so cost-effective,it still uses standard sinks.

Let's take quasimodo for a spin, shall we?

#57 Ewigan

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,168 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 29 November 2012 - 02:26 AM

View PostVassago Rain, on 29 November 2012 - 02:24 AM, said:

I didn't get dismembered. Had I been, that repair bill would have increased by 20k. Do you really want me to make +10k/-20k per match? I can make 60k guaranteed in a trialmech, simply for blowing myself up.

You don't see the problem with all of this?

i seriously don't.

#58 Deadoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 02:27 AM

View PostTaizan, on 29 November 2012 - 02:23 AM, said:

By making certain mechs themselves more viable it punishes those which aren't already abusing the system.

You want to make more money with no costs involved and not using a trial? turn off auto repair and rearm. it makes your mech run at less than 75% heatlth and 75% ammo, harms your team and is more profitable somehow by making you get more money for a mech at ****** health?

Yea, no.

View PostEwigan, on 29 November 2012 - 02:26 AM, said:

i seriously don't.

Harming your teams firepower capabilities should not be more rewarding.

Edited by Deadoon, 29 November 2012 - 02:28 AM.

#59 Vassago Rain

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 02:27 AM

View PostVassago Rain, on 29 November 2012 - 02:26 AM, said:

Posted Image

I am glad you brought up cost-effectiveness, for I have here the most cost-effective mech in the game! It's so cost-effective,it still uses standard sinks.

Let's take quasimodo for a spin, shall we?

Posted Image

But first we need to front an old build for this outright ancient piece of tech!

Exciting. I play mechwarrior so i can balance my sheets, and make budgets for my giant robots that I want to fight in!

#60 DrAwkward

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 61 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 02:28 AM

View PostVassago Rain, on 29 November 2012 - 01:31 AM, said:

Want me to put up a whole bunch of screenshots of silly repair costs?

Posted Image

Artemis cat, that did NOT get totaled, but had heavy armor damages. This is a heavy mech. It doesn't have 20 tons of armor, or even any of the more expensive energy weapons.

So an Artemis cat with what looks to be an XL engine cost you about what you average on a win? Are you worried that if you lose, that you'll have to pay more than your compensation earnings for that really strong tech? Also, the screenshots you're posting obviously indicates that your claim of 160k+ was hyperbole or a one-time fluke.

View PostVassago Rain, on 29 November 2012 - 01:59 AM, said:

Second game. Not quite as good, and I ended up dying very quickly. Center torso ruined only. As the second fastest mech on our team (hahaha), I had to do scouting and spotting for the LRM boats.

Posted Image

Then my repairs.

Posted Image

In general, this was a much riskier, and offensive, game, as I was the scout and spotter. I died on the enemy team's oilrig. It's not very encouraging when you get less, and have to pay more, for games where you go all-out, or try to brawl in your brawling mech.

What's up with your Atlas' "nose?" That looks like a dragon.

Regardless, that Atlas loadout appears to be using 2x Artemis SRM6 which is why the ammo is so expensive and you only mounted 17.5 tons of armor which risked some of your internal components. It really looks like you lost at least one limb too. Possibly you lost your left torso, which would indicate why costs are so low for 24% internal repairs and item costs are high. It would mean you lost the SRM launchers and the AMS. On the other hand, you could have just suffered some engine hits on that 360Std. If you grabbed the wrong screenshot, you may not remember what happened in the associated game for that image.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users