First Battletech Computer Game You Played?

155 replies to this topic

#141 DogKiller11

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:25 AM

First I ever played was Mechwarrior 2. Got into Battletech via the cartoon at the age of five or six or something. Favourites are undoubtedly Mechwarrior 2 Mercenaries and Mechwarrior 3. Mechwarrior 3 has one of my favourite game intros ever.

#142 Jebadias

Rookie

• Guardian
  • 9 posts
  • LocationDownriver Detroit, MI

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:32 PM

I blame Battletech Crescent Hawk's Inception for this addiction. My friend showed me an article in some magazine and we decided we had to get it. After that we discovered the board game - Battletech, City tech, Aerotech... After that came The Cresent Hawks revenge and then the mother load - Mechwarrior.

Those games screwed me up enough that a couple of years later I was in a store and saw Mechwarrior 2. Whaaa... there is another one? I immediately bought it. A couple of months later I was able to buy a computer to play it on LMAO. The rest of the list is too long to type but I've been playing battletech in one form or another on and off for 24 years??? WTF I feel old now.

#143 zenstrata

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 206 posts
  • LocationLots of different places

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:40 PM

I believe it was just simply called MechWarrior, fit on a single floppy disk as I recall. Later that same year I picked up Battletech the Crescent Hawks Inception. Both were fun, at that age I think I preferred the MechWarrior title as it was more action oriented. I got crazy good at getting headshots in that game. Since then i've played every mechwarrior/battletech title I could get my hands on.

#144 Victor Kyle

• PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationTerra Australis

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:06 AM

Both Battletech pc games, mechwarrior + 2 + 3 + 4 all expansions on them, mechcommander 1 & 2. I've played every game I could find for pc - good and bad. Still can't get enough. ( wish they would make another mechcommander game they rule )

#145 Victor Kyle

• PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationTerra Australis

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:11 AM

Still hold a special place for mechwarrior 3, no hardpoints. You could load them up with lasers - alpha strike and push your heat so high you blew up. Epic

#146 Radbane

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 423 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:48 AM

View PostGalaxy613, on 03 November 2011 - 06:09 PM, said:

I played Mechwarrior 2 first on Windows 95. Then Ghost Bear, then Mercs, then Mech 3... etc.

+1

...and it was on the MW2 CD that i found a .MOV featuring Interstate 76, a equally awesome game! I wish someone could reboot that one!

Edited by Radbane, 13 December 2012 - 12:50 AM.

#147 BigJim

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts
  • LocationChesterfield, England

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:54 AM

In order of me playing them..

Mech2:31st Century Combat.
Mech2:Mercs
Mech Commander
MW3
Mech Commander 2
MW4;Mercs
MW4:Veng
MWO

Bugs, netcode, bitching on the forums all notwithstanding, this is by far the best one of the bunch.

View PostRadbane, on 13 December 2012 - 12:48 AM, said:

Interstate 76, a equally awesome game! I wish someone could reboot that one!

zomg - Excellent game! I was just thinking about that the other day..

Edited by BigJim, 13 December 2012 - 12:55 AM.

#148 GalaxyBluestar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,748 posts
  • Location...

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:18 AM

MW2 but there was a nes game with battletech as the title wasn't there? think a friend of mine played that.

man i remember that interstate game, yeah a new version of that would be cool, i could imagine jerremy clarkson being a narrator for the garage tinkering.

this is the most ballistic car.................................................................................................................in the world.

Edited by GalaxyBluestar, 13 December 2012 - 01:20 AM.

#149 Dimuborg

Rookie

• Sergeant
  • Sergeant
  • 9 posts
  • LocationON a small rock in a middle of ocean..

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:24 AM

Mechwarrior 2: Mercenaries
Warhawk is still my favorite :D

Edited by Dimuborg, 13 December 2012 - 01:24 AM.

#150 Manicus

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 47 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:27 AM

Started out with mechwarrior2: played it to death, and all the addons and sequels from there. My favourite of the bunch was mech2:mercs.

I played mechassault for about 1 minute then put it down in disgust.

Honourable mentions go to Heavy Gear and Earthsiege.

Edited by Manicus, 13 December 2012 - 01:28 AM.

#151 Elkarlo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:35 AM

MW2
but which make it stuck for me was MW2: Mercs
as i don't like Clan Mechs ( already read the books at that time) somehow i don't like them in general.

Give me an IS Modell and i am happy driving a Clanmodel or a newer designed Mech,... and i am not happy.
Of course i am a TT fan as well and got a full Regiment Combat Group ( and a Battalion of Unseen ) with Tanks Helicopters Infantry etc..

I like both Mercs titels most. As you got the best Mech Choice in them, personally i prefer the old MW2: Mercs because Physical Attacks was best there, and you got the Infamous "cook your own Mech" Inferno SRM2.

I think they would be pretty neat in MWO as well.

#152 Katakis

• PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:09 AM

My first Battletech game was either Mechwarrior 1 (that sweet battlemaster action) or Battletech: Crescent Hawk's Revenge, not sure which one, it's been literally ages. After that, it's MW3. Lots and lots of MW3.

#153 MustrumRidcully

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,644 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:20 AM

I dun't remember which of these I played first, but my first Battletech experience was with Mechwarrior 1, Crescent Hawk's Inception and Crescent Hawk's Revenge.

#154 J4ckInthebox

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts
  • LocationBritanny, France

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:23 AM

armored core 4 JK LOL
MWO

#155 Kirax

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 117 posts
  • LocationOD.UA

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:58 AM

MW1 on 286, EGA 16-color monitor, in early 90s.
This is the only MW game I remember that
1) allows to shoot off a leg completely
2) allows to go to the bar to hire pilots
3) has mechs such as Locust, Rifleman etc

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users