First Battletech Computer Game You Played?

155 replies to this topic

#101 Chewsmoka

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 01:22 AM

MechWarrior 2.... one of my favorite video game franchises ahh the memories. Although my most fond memories are of NetMech via Kali ( anyone remember having to pay 20$ for the prog back in the day :D on the Grand Council League. Met alot of good people there and everyone was a die hard mecher which made great company and even better matches!!! :) naturally played Ghost Bear Legacy as well Mercenaries. By the time mercenaries really started to gain steam in terms of online play, Micro$haft had bought up the IP And MechWarrior 3 had hit, and it had completely revamped matchmaking making it far more easier and more accessible to alot more players. I did play MW4 for awhile, but since MS was handling the development of it, it just didn't have the same uniqueness that MW2/G/MERC so effortlessly offered up to us, so I stopped playing.

So yea, I've played every Mechwarrior (fasa) game that has come out since MW2 and enjoyed them all ( even the not so good ones) I also played the BattleTech 3025 beta in 2001, unfortunate that they ended development, that game had a fun factor score as high as NetMech imho

Damn glad to hear this is coming out! shout out to all my old school clan m8's and venerable foes :D

P.S. My nick back then was "Mota" and I was in Clan Blood Spirit in the Grand Council as well as the other league that was on kali ( arrhhg I can't remember its name)

P.S.S. someone has already registered Mota on this forum please note I am the original, and to the person with my nick, I'd greatly appreciate it back. :D

#102 Tarmok II

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • 118 posts
  • LocationTerra, Germany, Sachsen, Vogtland

Posted 18 November 2011 - 01:42 AM

I'm not sure if it was MW4 VENGEANCE or MERCENARIES. My father bought one of them because he was reading the books. He didn't like the games but i was fascinated. Played both like six times and was pretty happy when i found out, that where will be a new mmo so i signed in like two days after the side cam up.

#103 Stormwolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,951 posts
  • LocationCW Dire Wolf

Posted 18 November 2011 - 01:59 AM

MW2, I got totally hooked on Battletech after reading the archive.

#104 Jack Deth

• PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationLondon, Ontario, Canada

Posted 18 November 2011 - 03:05 AM

Crescent Hawks Inception on the Amiga. Played them all (except the console ones) up to MW2:Mercs. Couldn't stand MW3 & 4 (damn Microsoft) so I never played them much. Still play a hefty dose of MegaMek too. Also since the announcement for this game I've busted out the old MW2:Mercs and am playing it again. Took a while to figure out how to get it to run on XP with Direct3D enabled properly though.

#105 Nakir

Com Guard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 795 posts
  • LocationItaly (Sicily)

Posted 18 November 2011 - 04:34 AM

View PostHagop, on 03 November 2011 - 06:29 PM, said:

Mechwarrior 3 or Mechcommander not entirely shure.

me too :)

#106 souldrinker

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 04:53 AM

my first game was multiplayer battletech solaris

#107 Abnerbgross

Rookie

• 3 posts
  • LocationSomewhere much cooler than sitting at my desk, in my underwear

Posted 18 November 2011 - 05:18 AM

• Played the old Mechwarrior 1 on DOS at my friends house, along with CHI and CHR. Mech 2 was the first one I owned, I had to turn down all the graphics so I could play it, on my overclocked 75Mhz PC. I remember an article in popular science about how 500Mhz would be the fastest computers would ever be. I still keep an old laptop arround that runs Windows xp so I can play my old copy of Mech 2.

#108 Korbyn McColl

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 402 posts
  • LocationGlasgow

Posted 18 November 2011 - 06:03 AM

Crescent Hawks, though it didn't really pull me in at the time. Just made me want to go back and play the PnP game some more (which is what I did).

Edited by devil man, 18 November 2011 - 06:03 AM.

#109 Hunter McGee

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Location#7 Hiring Hall Tower. 3, Harlech City, Outreach

Posted 18 November 2011 - 06:08 AM

Crescent Hawks Inception on a TRS-80 Model 3 WOW showing my age real bad here.

#110 Mastiff

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 18 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 06:30 AM

Mech Commander, II, which lead me to Mech Warrior 2, 3, 4, and whats next?

Which is were my Original AKA came from Wolf7even for the Wolf clan i was in.

Edited by Mastiff, 18 November 2011 - 06:30 AM.

#111 Mechteric

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

Posted 18 November 2011 - 06:38 AM

Mechwarrior 2 was my first computer game, but I had been playing the board game for a couple years before it came out.

#112 MarauderESP

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 06:45 AM

Battletech: Crescent Hawks Revenge 1 on PC, but played on table and pnp before that

#113 Aaron DeChavilier

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,422 posts
  • LocationEisen Unbegrenzt Corp HQ, Rim Collection

Posted 18 November 2011 - 06:54 AM

MechWarrior 2 at a friends house, then was given the Titanium Trilogy for christmas and instantly fell
in love with MW2:Mercs.
Ironically I did not know a whole lot about IS, and was more interested in Clans...then I started reading
a lot of the source books, and wondering what an 'I.S. Atlas' or 'I.S. Raven' was.
Seriously, the Mw2:TT handbook had its own TRO of sorts in the back, I still have it around.

#114 Gravitas

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 139 posts
  • LocationTX

Posted 18 November 2011 - 07:39 AM

My dad is also a mech fan like me, and I remember him getting me a box set that had Crescent Hawks Inception, Revenge, and Mechwarrior.

I played that on our Pentium 90 computer, that actually ran TOO FAST for the first Mechwarrior! :D We had to run a program to slow down the processor clock first to make it playable. Otherwise the battles were mostly: 1) Startup 2)"BDBDBDBBDDBDBD" noises. 3) Picture of my pilot on top of his junked mech. :)

#115 Undead

• PipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  • LocationThe Periphery

Posted 18 November 2011 - 08:11 AM

First pc game I played was Mechwarrior 2: 31st Century Combat on my crappy 75mhz Win 3.11 box. Played the living hell out of that game. I soon followed up with Ghost Bear's Legacy and then MW2:Mercs. I still think those games have the best soundtracks of any games ever. Never did play MW3, as I was in college when it came out and was, erm, busy with other things. I still play MW4 because it's the only game that will run on my current computer without lots of extra ******** around, but it's just not the same. Can't wait for MWO!

#116 LaorDeLove

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 77 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 18 November 2011 - 09:28 AM

First game was Mechwarrior 2 on Playstation. I played it on my cousins Playstation. I had know idea what was happening except shoot stuff. (I was really bad). Got an upgrade for the PC so I played Mechwarrior 3. I then got Mechcommander Gold. Then I got xbox with both Mech Assault games. (My little sister loves the blood asp from that game!) Then I found out about mektek Mechwarrior 4 and have been playing that for awhile. I like all the mech games I have played.

#117 Fiachdubh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 971 posts
  • LocationSkulking out along the Periphery somewhere.

Posted 20 November 2011 - 05:12 PM

Mechwarrior 2

followed by all the mw and mc sequels and expansions

Dont suppose anyone out there is working on (or knows of) an update to get mw2 working with win7 and modern twisty joysticks?

#118 CMDR Sunset Shimmer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,339 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 20 November 2011 - 06:02 PM

My first battletech game... hmm, I remember it fondly... my very first time I was touched by the mech goodness, was in a pod.

Battletech 3.0 in the Tesla II cockpit. my father took me to the Virtual World center in San Diego, California. My father was a blooded warrior at the center, and one of the head's that they had to fight to get past there, apon meeting and visiting him, he took me to the center, and I got my first taste of mech action [I sucked]

after that, I went back to his home, and stole away his own personal cockpit. Running Mechwarrior2. Then I was hooked.

#119 Volume

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 06:17 PM

View PostJade Kitsune, on 20 November 2011 - 06:02 PM, said:

My first battletech game... hmm, I remember it fondly... my very first time I was touched by the mech goodness, was in a pod.

Battletech 3.0 in the Tesla II cockpit. my father took me to the Virtual World center in San Diego, California. My father was a blooded warrior at the center, and one of the head's that they had to fight to get past there, apon meeting and visiting him, he took me to the center, and I got my first taste of mech action [I sucked]

after that, I went back to his home, and stole away his own personal cockpit. Running Mechwarrior2. Then I was hooked.

Wow. That's freakin' awesome, no doubt about it - even if you were totally terrible, that's probably one of the most fantastic introductions to the BT universe I've heard.

And I thought I was cool when I got a PC gamer demo disc that had Mechwarrior 2 on it...Soon went to a friend's house who had MW2 and Ghost Bear's Legacy, and I got MW:2 Mercs, played it in DOS and it was incredible.

#120 CaveHermit

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 102 posts
  • LocationGalactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha

Posted 20 November 2011 - 06:53 PM

View PostTibus Cochraine, on 05 November 2011 - 05:16 AM, said:

Wow I am old :D :)

Tibus.. I feel you.. 20 odd years just seems to vanish when you take a trip down memory lane..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users