First Battletech Computer Game You Played?

155 replies to this topic

#61 Corpsecandle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 396 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 04 November 2011 - 06:56 AM

I started in Mech Warrior 2 and played for hours. I remember when Ghost Bear's Legacy came out. My family went on a trip for Christmas and I got it for a present. I had the box in my hands for two weeks before I got home and could load it up on my system...pure torture.

#62 Valerian Mengsk

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 07:22 AM

The first I played was Mechwarrior 3 at my uncles and I have been hooked ever since. I recently aquired an old computer just to get MW 2 mercs running properly.

#63 Count Funkula

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 08:13 AM

Wow, lots of great responses and memories. This is a franchise with some dedicated fans. I have high hopes for the game. It'll be the first PC game I've played since CounterStrike:Source.

#64 CloudCobra

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 87 posts
  • LocationAnchorage,AK

Posted 04 November 2011 - 09:38 AM

My first was WM2 mercs.Ive been in love ever since. I was like 12 and was like *** they said *** LOL. Oh and did anyone not kill that jackass seargent from the rough riders. Don't insult a mans mech....

#65 Lori Carlyle

• PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 04 November 2011 - 09:43 AM

Mech2 Mercs.

#66 HeartoftheJaguar

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 38 posts
  • LocationOhio, United States

Posted 04 November 2011 - 09:50 AM

Mechwarrior 3 at the tender age of 9. Was absolutely hooked ever since. That was followed by Mechcommander Gold, Pirate's Moon, Mechwarrior 2 on the playstation (which sucks and is nothing like the PC version). Mechwarrior 4 and all its expansions. Mechwarrior 3050 on an SNES emulator, and finally Mechwarrior 2 and its expansions. Out of all of those, I like Mechwarrior 2 the best. The graphics may not be as pretty but I love the feel of those games. Still fire it up every once in a while in Dosbox.

#67 Hegemon

Rookie

• 6 posts
  • LocationBoston, MA

Posted 04 November 2011 - 10:40 AM

Mech2: Mercs, followed by Mech3, then MechCommander 1 & 2, finally Mech4 & Mech4: Mercs.

Never played any of the MechAssault games.

#68 Lab Rat

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 10:46 AM

View PostLance Leader, on 03 November 2011 - 07:14 PM, said:

Mechwarrior 2, so many memories...

I still think the beginning movie for MW2 was one of the best intro's ever. "He's got a lock on me. He's got a lock on me!"

#69 T S Hawk

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • LocationLuzerne

Posted 04 November 2011 - 10:52 AM

MW4 Mercenaries is the only one I played. But other than that its been the board game for 25 years :)

#70 Omega59er

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 394 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 04 November 2011 - 10:54 AM

Being pretty young, my first Battletech and overall first game I ever played was Mechwarrior 3 with my father. I was 5 years old or somewhere around there. I would hit the fire buttons on the joystick whenever my father told me to fire a certain weapon. My father was amazed at how I learned to use a joystick, and eventually I was playing by myself. I hope I wasn't the only one who purposely tried to stomp or fire a laser at people running on the ground?
Mechwarrior 4 came a bit later and I got into the story and universe a whole lot more when it released.

#71 Odin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 498 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 11:05 AM

The Crescent Hawk's Inception

The Crescent Hawk's Revenge

Mechwarrior

The books about the Grey Death Legion around 1987 got me hooked.
Later, it mait have been around 1991/92 a got Mechwarrior and the other games played it to pieces!
Longest wait for me was MW2.
Now this MWO, release next years summer, is a piece of cake!

#72 TheForce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 04 November 2011 - 11:05 AM

For me it was Crescent Hawk's Inception on my buddy's computer.

#73 Captain Nice HD

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • LocationTaurian Concordat

Posted 04 November 2011 - 11:36 AM

Started off with MechWarrior 2: 31st Century Combat. Had a lot of fun with that, but really loved the Mercenaries expansion. Went Inner Sphere; never looked back.

#74 CloudCobra

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 87 posts
  • LocationAnchorage,AK

Posted 04 November 2011 - 03:27 PM

View Postomega5-9er, on 04 November 2011 - 10:54 AM, said:

Being pretty young, my first Battletech and overall first game I ever played was Mechwarrior 3 with my father. I was 5 years old or somewhere around there. I would hit the fire buttons on the joystick whenever my father told me to fire a certain weapon. My father was amazed at how I learned to use a joystick, and eventually I was playing by myself. I hope I wasn't the only one who purposely tried to stomp or fire a laser at people running on the ground?
Mechwarrior 4 came a bit later and I got into the story and universe a whole lot more when it released.

Thats awesome and no your weren't the only one I lawled so hard the first time a ran one of those guys over and they were all like AAAHHHHH!!

#75 CG Anastasius Focht

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 04 November 2011 - 04:36 PM

Many hours of MW bliss in this pile

Posted Image

#76 PyronTBC

Rookie

• 7 posts
  • LocationMeyer's Farm

Posted 04 November 2011 - 04:49 PM

Started in MPBT on Genie as Pyron (later as Master Locust Pilot) . Moved with Ren and Stimpy (you had to be there) To MPBT 3025 as Master Locust Pilot. Did my time as "G. Braver" and played ever iteration since then.

#77 Grafix TM

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  • LocationWorld Traveler

Posted 04 November 2011 - 05:03 PM

Hmmm....Let's see

Mech Warrior by Activision in 1992 which was only a single player :)
Mech Warrior 2
Mech Warrior 3
Virtual World Mech Pods version 1.0 Las Vegas until that franchise went belly up
Mech Warrior 4
Virtual World Tesla Mech Pods in Dave and Busters in Atlanta until those were removed
MPBT 3025

#78 Borgstar

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 23 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Australia

Posted 05 November 2011 - 12:11 AM

PC Cresent Hawks Inception, then all the PC Battletech/Mechwarrior games.

Would love to see Megamek ported to my Android Tablet though......

#79 Cyber Carns

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 203 posts
  • LocationArc Royal

Posted 05 November 2011 - 12:20 AM

1st one was Battletech: Crescent Hawks Inception and all the other MW titles, also played a bit of the pnp Battletech as well.

#80 Die0X

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 12:24 AM

The very first Battle Tech game I ever played was the first Mechwarrior from a DoS command on Windows 3.0! Haha I remember having to have the booklet to get the right "Code Name" for the mech pictured before it would let you play!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users