First Battletech Computer Game You Played?

155 replies to this topic

#81 Patrick Dupree

Rookie

• 2 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 05 November 2011 - 01:28 AM

As I played all of them, but I think Crescent Hawks Inception war the first.

#82 Ogre Magi

• PipPipPip
  • 83 posts
  • LocationDeep Periphery

Posted 05 November 2011 - 01:47 AM

i bought the triple play game that was out for my 286, had the cresent hawk, mechwarrior and another one that i cant remember. ill try to find the box but and the manuel

#83 Tibus Cochraine

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 05:16 AM

MW2 for DOS!
Wow I am old :D :)

#84 Kenichero

• Pip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 05 November 2011 - 06:22 AM

I started with Crescent hawks then we to mechwarrior, MW2 mercs ect, then took a trip into the past when I dosbox'd credcent hawks revenge, couldnt save the drop ship, went back to MW4 mercs. Actually all this has got me back into the mw mode so I downloaded dosbox on my phone and am playing MW on it now.

Edited by Kenichero, 05 November 2011 - 06:24 AM.

#85 Kenichero

• Pip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 05 November 2011 - 06:22 AM

View Post}OgreMagi{, on 05 November 2011 - 01:47 AM, said:

i bought the triple play game that was out for my 286, had the cresent hawk, mechwarrior and another one that i cant remember. ill try to find the box but and the manuel

It was crescent hawks inception, mechwarrior and crescent hawks revenge

#86 Brixx

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 431 posts
  • LocationGermany/Bavaria

Posted 05 November 2011 - 06:23 AM

I started with MechWarrior 2 because I wasn´t born when the older games were released. :)

#87 macmerritt

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 147 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis

Posted 05 November 2011 - 06:33 AM

First for me was Mechwarrior on an old 286 with DOS. Shortly after that the Cresent Hawk games. Everything after those was heaven, aside from Mechassault.

#88 DRP

Rookie

• 8 posts
  • LocationFort Hood Texas

Posted 05 November 2011 - 06:48 AM

this one.

#89 Suicidal Mushroom

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 41 posts
  • LocationHorten Norway

Posted 05 November 2011 - 06:54 AM

Mechwarrior 2 got me hooked and I have played al the games after that :) LOVE THEM ALL!

#90 Rogal Dorn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • LocationTennessee USA

Posted 05 November 2011 - 06:59 AM

Mechwarrior 2 and all the expansions, MW3, Mechcommander 1 & 2, but before all that, Mechwarrior for Super NES. Got away from the series after MW3 but when I saw this was coming out I got MW4 Mercs and am getting back into it hardcore.

#91 Lusankya

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 286 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 07:08 AM

Mechwarrior 3 was my first.

#92 Blackangel

• PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • Locationlima ohio terra

Posted 17 November 2011 - 10:29 PM

sega mechwarrior, then the pc based games , mechcommander 1, 2 , gold, mech assault.

still prefer mech assault over the pc based except the mech commander games.

Edited by Blackangel, 17 November 2011 - 10:31 PM.

#93 DocBach

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,828 posts
  • LocationSouthern Oregon

Posted 17 November 2011 - 10:42 PM

The original MechWarrior. I got a boxed set that included all of the original BattleTech games (Power Hits) from KB Toys for $9 when I was like 12 and played the crap out of them on my 386. Didn't do too well at Cresent Hawks Revenge, but I remember figuring out to run away with my Chameleon instead of trying to stay and fight when the Dracs showed up! Also invested in the stock market pretty early on and was able to outfit my team with Inferno SRMs and Ablative/Flak armor from the get.

Edited by DocBach, 17 November 2011 - 10:50 PM.

#94 Mystwolf

• PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 10:42 PM

Mechwarrior back in the DOS days.

#95 REDSLATE

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 17 November 2011 - 10:43 PM

MERCS

(To Clearify, that's MechWarrior 2: Mercenaries, not MechWarrior 4: Mercenaries.)

#96 VoodooLou Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 595 posts
  • LocationMember #2618

Posted 17 November 2011 - 11:00 PM

Yup Crescent Hawks Inception on Commodore 64, then Revenge, then BattleTech on Sega console, then AoHells Solaris, then Mech2/MW2 Mercs/GBL with Kali! (actually got in on the beta test for GBL) MW3 and MW3:Pirates Moon (beta'd both of them) EA's MPBT:3025 Closed Beta Test, which had the best physics of them all (RIP) then MW4:Vengeance/Black Knight/Mercenaries (Beta'd them as well still remember the beta testers 'fighting' with the Devs to fix the solid objects so that when you used directional Jump Jets you didnt 'Phase' thru solid objects (Mountains,Buildings) butttt nooooo they just ditched the Directional JJ's *sigh*) and Mech Assault (which was even more of a mess than MW4 was) Never made it to MW:LL which I dont consider as a MechWarrior game since it is a Mod for Crysis.

#97 Mercurial

• PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 11:05 PM

Mechwarrior, the original, for the PC. Which I never finished. I was in frigging grade school at the time, and my friends swore up and down that the game ended with the clan invasion.

I then remember playing Crescent Hawk's inception (and being SO upset that I did not get to actually use the Phoenix Hawk LAM in a fight). The only other signficant memory of my earlier years was playing the SNES Mechwarrior and feeling cheated. 'These are not Battletech mechs! '

#98 Hollister

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 321 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 17 November 2011 - 11:30 PM

Played the one for the SNES in high school. Which that got me into reading the books. Later found and played MW3 then MW4. Fast forward now still reading the books, not really a fan of the new dark age ones. Have yet to play the TT game, just could not get into it.

#99 bobhound

• Pip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationHesperus II

Posted 18 November 2011 - 12:45 AM

Mechwarrior 2! God I adored that game. After that Mechwarrior 2: Mercenaries which I still hold to be one of the best games ever!

#100 Calico Red MacNaughton

• Pip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 18 November 2011 - 12:50 AM

Mechwarrior 2: Mercenaries was my first computer game. I played the tabletop for a good while before that.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users