Ask The Devs 27!

279 replies to this topic

#21 Vulix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts
  • LocationSouthwest USA

Posted 29 November 2012 - 02:54 PM

If you are splitting the community between 1st person perspective users and 3rd person perspective users, what will happen in community warfare? About if a border world is contested and the two merc corps involved use different perspectives? Can we just enforce 1st person only in community warfare matches?

#22 Ceribus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 230 posts
  • LocationVancouver Canada

Posted 29 November 2012 - 02:56 PM

Any chance of seeing the Pay model for the Camo changed to MC to unlock C-Bill to use.

I've been hesitant to pick any camo at this point as I don't like the idea of spending MC everytime I want to change it. But on that same note I'd be willing to dump 20K MC unlocking patterns and colours Ilke and then sinking tons of C-bills into changing up my paint job whenever it suits my fancy, which in turn means I'd need lots of premium time so I have enough C-bills for mech and my repainting addiction.

As it currently is I'll probably only use paint jobs as a treat for myself and only on my favourite mechs

#23 Smeghead87

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 29 November 2012 - 02:58 PM

I feel like not all mech variants are created equal, for example:
The Raven 4X gets jump jets.
The Raven 3L gets a larger max engine rating, 3 default module slots (instead of the 2 on the others), newly announced ECM.
The Raven 2X gets... less chance of running out of ammo I guess?

What I'm asking is, were some variants simply designed to have less features than others on purpose, or was it a byproduct of faithfully reproducing the TT variants? Or do you feel that the difference in hardpoint configurations is enough to offset the increased number of bells and whistles on what appears to be more favoured variants? (I'm looking at you 3L)

#24 Operant

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 02:58 PM

Are you going to concentrate on important questions or are you going to answer questions like "what brand of microwave do you own?"

#25 Stonefalcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 1,372 posts
  • LocationProselytizing in the name of Our Lord and Savior the Annihilator

Posted 29 November 2012 - 03:19 PM

So Paul mentioned that there was a pillow fight in the PGI office. As seen in this thread http://mwomercs.com/...apon-balancing/

My question is, who won the pillow fight? Please provide photos showing the carnage around the office. "Screenshot or it didn't happen" so to speak.

#26 Kyrie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 03:20 PM

Would like to ask for a "refresh" / clarification on the interaction of TAG, Artemis NARC, and LOS. Questions are:

1) Does the TAG effect accumulate with Artemis for more pain on the victim of the LRM volley? Can you give us an example comparing how much better the damage is?

2) If I have Artemis, and LOS on a target, will my missiles hit harder than not having LOS? (Excludes TAG/NARC for this question).

3) NARC is widely seen as quite useless at the moment -- can you share dev thoughts on how this might be improved?

Thanks!

EDIT: Pro forma CW Question: Share with us anything you can on CW. :-)

Edited by Kyrie, 29 November 2012 - 03:20 PM.

#27 CarnifexMaximus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 397 posts
  • LocationOakland, California Republic, North America, Terra

Posted 29 November 2012 - 03:21 PM

Will there be further variants released for mechs we have had for some time now such as the hunchback?

Will Arrow IV be available in the mech lab at some point?

What can you say about the events currently occurring in and around the coreward periphery and how they will tie into MWO in a few months?

Edited by CarnifexMaximus, 29 November 2012 - 03:24 PM.

#28 Loc Nar

• 1,132 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 03:21 PM

Not that it was lacking before, but the fun factor went way up after the last patch, good job and thanks PGI! Just one question from me...

When will analog turning be implemented?

#29 Mu

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 03:25 PM

Any chance of seeing the stock trial mech designs replaced with mechs built and voted upon by the community? I feel that not getting EXP, not having efficiencies, and only being able to use the currently-available trials is more than enough tradeoff. In addition to being more effective due to DHS/endosteel etc, we could also specifically create designs that are easier to use for newbies. Instead of, you know, 3ERPPC Awesomes with XL engines.

Also, could we see increased c-bill rewards for the 8 man queue? It might help a little to keep organized groups out of the 1-4 man matchmaking, even as a temporary measure before phase 3. I'm just worried about a lack of interest in 8v8 because a lot of people still just need to farm c-bills, rather than rack up repair bills against well-equipped enemies.

#30 Warrax the Chaos Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 925 posts
  • LocationMyrror

Posted 29 November 2012 - 03:43 PM

1. Now that we have the Cataphract, is there any chance of getting the K2's ballistic hardpoints moved to the CT?

2. What are the dev team's current thoughts on the new player experience and advancement? (free starter mech, training grounds, etc.)

3. Have you considered letting players sell MC to each other in exchange for c-bills? (market price and exchange all controlled by you of course)

4. I don't know what kind of data you are tracking off the servers, but do you know: which weapons are getting the most damage/most kills/most usage? which chassis are getting the most damage/kills/usage?

5. How many accounts have been banned for suicide scripts or other exploits?

edit:

6. Can I pretty-please have a Dragon hero mech? ;)

Edited by Warrax the Chaos Warrior, 29 November 2012 - 04:18 PM.

#31 DrnkJawa

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 488 posts
  • LocationIn an urbie aiming at your crotch

Posted 29 November 2012 - 03:44 PM

Any hints and spoilers on the 5th map? and can we get the color pink cause a purple mohawk on a centurion isnt wierd enough

#32 Asmudius Heng

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 2,429 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 29 November 2012 - 03:58 PM

1. Please elaborate on how conquest mode works - or is intended to work.

2. With limiting ECM to certain mechs you have give a new lease of life to many of them which are far overshadowed by others in their weight class. Do you see more items behaving like this, or changing the way current items in the mechlab work so that certain mechs have options others do not (in return for balanced trade offs)?

#33 Fabian Wrede

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 04:07 PM

Will you implement a ingame report funktion for reporting things like AFK, TK or team damage

#34 NguTron

• PipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 21 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 04:10 PM

This is not a question.

I just wanted to say I love the work you guy are doing. As a fellow game developer, I understand the problems with production and iteration timelines and project complexities you are going though and I just want to let you know it's appreciated.

The forums may be poisonous, but you've still got plenty of fans (and plenty of players).

#35 ThePieMaker

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 155 posts
  • LocationNew Canton, Griffin Base

Posted 29 November 2012 - 04:11 PM

Will the names we name our mechs ever be displayed in-game?

#36 Phoenix Branson

• Legendary Founder
  • 1,173 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 29 November 2012 - 04:15 PM

Instead of just appearing on the battlefield at the start of the match, have you guys ever considered showing a quick animation of a DropShip unloading your BattleMech and your allies' BattleMechs?

Edited by Maverick01, 29 November 2012 - 05:47 PM.

#37 iminbagdad

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 221 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 04:18 PM

1. Are we 100% on phase 2 being on the 4th or is that getting pushed back again?

2. There's a lot of talk about the paint jobs and the pricing. Have you guys given any thoughts to changing how it works?

3. Are we getting phase 2 on the next patch?

4. During closed beta you said the current base cap mode was just a place holder and you would be changing things later. Is this still the plan or were you referring to the BBQ was a place holder for the drilling well we have now?

5. Do you think we will be getting 8 man drops back on Dec 4th?

6. Whenever we report suiciders greifers etc we get a generic response saying you are working on it privately. Why not start swinging the ban hammer and making it public?

7. It says phase 2 is 80% for next week. Any update on that?

8. If you're not going to change the base cap mechanic can you at least put 1 base in the middle to fight over instead of 1 on each side of the map.

9. Can you tell us about any upcoming modules?

10. Don't know how to phase this as a question so i'll do it in 2 parts. Thank you for updating the command chair so much lately it really helps, and are you guys finished with phase 2?

11. Why dont you guys patch more often? The often heard response for issues is it's beta so I would understand if I had to download a patch every couple days instead of one every week or 2. If you guys patch a bug just release it to us, I think as a group we have proven ourselves very good at finding and saying something about bugs or mishaps, DHS, Artemis, SSRM stunlocks, the countless graphics glitches CTD and UI issues we deal with daily. I don't think anyone would be upset by frequent small patches.

Thanks for your time

Edited by iminbagdad, 30 November 2012 - 07:48 AM.

#38 Tombstoner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,193 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 04:18 PM

Have you 90% Locked in your current weapon selection? leaving only room for minor tweaks.

Is there any chance of a complete over haul so you can deviate from canon?

all i can see for clan mech balance is the DHS nerf to 1.4 heat. i expect that you had a game breaker on your hands once you entered clan damage values into the model and played a few games in house.
this leaves cost of repairs to be the only limiting factor on the number of clan mechs.
This makes me be-leave that i will need to "pay to play" my clan mech.
other wise i wind up playing the trial mech x times for 1 time in my clan mech.

#39 NeonKnight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 567 posts
  • LocationSurrey, BC, Canada

Posted 29 November 2012 - 04:22 PM

will we be able to get MERC Company banners made...mybe for a small fee, os some way to make a Banner for the cockpit in MERC House Colors?

#40 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 29 November 2012 - 04:30 PM

How many contracts/planets will a Mercenary Corp be allowed to "handle" at one time?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users