Ask The Devs 27!

279 replies to this topic

#61 Metafox

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 360 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:17 PM

Has there been any level of discussion on procedurally generated maps? Is there any chance that you might look into them in the future when you're less overloaded?

#62 Randommexi

• PipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 36 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:27 PM

been reading the command chair posts. thank you btw. good place for information.

ECM comes out soon, i noticed the jenner was removed from the list of mechs that'll be able to equip it. i dont disagree but i also do not agree with this. but why was it removed?

#63 3rdworld

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:29 PM

Why are you lowering certain weapons HPS as they pertain to the Heat Efficiency? The effect makes certain weapons mainly the ERPPC look better according to the Heat Scale but does not change how fast you overheat.

Why did you nerf FF taking it from 36ppt to 35.84?

#64 Amadeaus

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 56 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:44 PM

When can i get my Arrow IV system? Says it was available in 3044.

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Arrow_IV

#65 Thomas Covenant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,186 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationOn an adventure.

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:47 PM

Well you didn't get my questions last time, but thank you for doing these so often. I know its a fine line between saying features that are still fluctuating, or not presentable, and spilling the beans for us. Thank you for walking that line Garth and PGI, its a lot of fun for us.

Again, my questions are:

Hero mechs, perhaps I am not getting it, but it seems the more of these are released the more paying players, or more specifically teams, will have an increasing strategic selection that is not really moving in line with the "free to play players even level with paying players" goal. More adaptability = higher ceiling for team potential.

Ammo cost. If we have to pay for ammo, then wont that making paying members able to roll out with builds that are not feasable for free to play members?

As always I am greatful.

#66 Thomas Covenant

• 1,186 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:00 PM

Posted Image

#67 Goose

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 3,463 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThat flattop, up the well, overhead

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:19 PM

Nose art?

Racing stickers?

Invasion Stripes?

#68 Tvae

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 203 posts
  • LocationPort Sunkissed

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:30 PM

How will mechs that have less than 3 variants achieve the elite and master tier levels of the mech trees? For example, the Highlander has been announced to only have 1 variant at launch (possible this has changed), and there's many mechs that won't have 3 canonical variants at all, regardless of time frame (such as the Uziel, which won't be around for another 10 years maybe, but only has 2 variants).

How would these mechs progress beyond basic?

Edited by Tvae, 29 November 2012 - 08:32 PM.

#69 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:47 PM

Considering that Internal Structure repairs are totally negligible compared to the cost of repairing Armor , there is a precedent that barely surviving to the end of a match does not really save you much money over simply dying [since you experience the bulk of your "expensive damage" by just losing armor and not actually perishing]. FerroFiberous armor compounds this issue somewhat; normal armor is expensive enough to begin with, and FF armor is supposed to help protect you from expensive Mech deaths.

Will there be changes to the repair system such that surviving battered, yet intact allows one to retain a greater net reward than the current system?

Edited by Prosperity Park, 29 November 2012 - 08:48 PM.

#70 Rejarial Galatan

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,312 posts
  • LocationOutter Periphery

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:00 PM

okay, I ask this again, knowing that this is a CORE BTU feature, knowing this is an IMPORTANT question, and knowing full well, it will be 100% ignored:

Any plans on placing in a PROPER radar or give solid reasons why this game is so lacking in canon accurate 360 degree radar systems?

#71 PhalanxDeath

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 41 posts
  • LocationLynden WASH.

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:06 PM

Q: Will there eventually be a way for Pugs to only play Pugs and Premades to only play Premades?

#72 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,583 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:12 PM

Will you include a map system so players can see each individual faction's current information like their military strength, economy, and available planets for example so players can keep track of the persistant warfare style of the game?

Edited by Will9761, 29 November 2012 - 09:27 PM.

#73 Thomas Covenant

• 1,186 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:44 PM

View PostRejarial Galatan, on 29 November 2012 - 09:00 PM, said:

okay, I ask this again, knowing that this is a CORE BTU feature, knowing this is an IMPORTANT question, and knowing full well, it will be 100% ignored:

Any plans on placing in a PROPER radar or give solid reasons why this game is so lacking in canon accurate 360 degree radar systems?

Its a module "360 retention"

#74 Sulf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:45 PM

Russ stated in a recent podcast that hardpoints will not change in the future for the K2, but can we expect to see similar changes to side torso models that we saw when removing weapons from arms/replacing the PPCs with lasers?

#75 DerelictTomcat

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 245 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:45 PM

View Postslash b slash, on 29 November 2012 - 02:17 PM, said:

Strawberry marmelade or apple sauce?

Silly questions like this clutter wonderful threads like these. The real question is do the programmers majority wear boxers or briefs? And if it turns out to be briefs are they tighty whitey types or colors?

Oh yeah and it snows in the cave on forest colony snow, right through the rock... are you aware of this?

Edited by DerelictTomcat, 29 November 2012 - 09:46 PM.

#76 Sulf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:48 PM

Russ stated in a recent podcast that the hardpoints would not change on the K2, but can we expect to see changes to the side torsos similar to what you've already done for changing/removing the weapons from the K2's arms?

#77 Prezimonto

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 2,017 posts
  • LocationKufstein FRR

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:50 PM

Has there been any discussion of supporting the Oculus Rift VR system?
http://www.kickstart...p-into-the-game

Several up and coming games and studios have flagged support for it, and I can not think of a feature that would do more to immerse an individual into the setting.

Edited by Prezimonto, 29 November 2012 - 09:51 PM.

#78 Teralitha

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,188 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:00 PM

1. I foresee the 15 min timer being an issue for full premade vs premade matches, are you going to increase the time limit for them?

2. When are the big orange, unrealistic/unimmersive base capping squares going to be replaced with walls, buildings, and turrets? (or dropships) And realistically, the bases area themselves will need to be larger(not the capping area) because mechs are big. Unlrealistic for a whole team of mechs to be crunched together in a cluster at the start of a match. With a bigger base they could be dropped with more space between them, and no chance of bumping or friendly knockdowns and fire before you even move.. TBH I would prefer an actual structure that needs to be destroyed (an HQ or Coms Tower) to "cap" a base. Having a mech sit on a square is silly. make them actually have to engage something.(like a dropship) or destroy something(like a coms and/or HQ building)

Edited by Teralitha, 29 November 2012 - 10:06 PM.

#79 Surtr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 566 posts
  • LocationDropship Naglfar, Clan Front

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:01 PM

Will there be Holiday stuff? I.e. Discounts on mechs/MC/holiday skins/cockpit baubleheads (see what I did there). Also will there be a way for our loved ones to buy us stuff? Something like physical game cards or credit towards our account or something?

#80 Darklord

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 235 posts
  • LocationChicago Battletech Center

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:09 PM

Have you ever considered adding the jamming mechanism to other ammo based weapons like the ultra ac5 has to help
balance out the missile and other ac weapons instead of just heat and reload times.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users