279 replies to this topic

#41 Joe Mallad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,740 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 29 November 2012 - 04:36 PM

With being able to cause cockpit shake from being hit by larger weapons, will we at some point see things like an AC 20 not only shake an Atlas some what but even be able to (at times) take a light mech off its feet?

On that note... I have a suggestion on a new efficiency that could be added to the Elite tier. You tell me what you think?

"Gyro stability enhancement"
once you unlock it in the tree it gives that mech variant an additonal 20% to 30% stability... in turn allowing your mech to not be knocked down (as often) and or to even better reduce the shake of being hit from weapons. I would add this into the elite section of the tree.

#42 Vlad Ward

• The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 04:51 PM

Are there any plans to have more events like the "Mechwarrior Community Day" that Nvidia hosted a few months back?

I'd love to be able to attend something like that in the future - especially if it's held somewhere that isn't California ;).

#43 Vulture2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:00 PM

Q: Will we get LB-X Slug anytime soon.. or will we get them at all? I am tired of LB-X being Shotguns in every Mechwarrior Game when they should be able to do both..

Q: Since your Story of the Hero Cataphract is that its a mix of salvaged Cataphracts.. wouldnt it be more viable to give it a 4X arm beside the ballistic slot in the torso, so it has still 3 Ballistics but wont be that powerful? (Not afraid of Triple Gauss but triple UAC5 and Triple LB-X (with slugs ;) and stuff)

Edited by Vulture2k, 30 November 2012 - 05:07 AM.

#44 Stonefalcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 1,372 posts
  • LocationProselytizing in the name of Our Lord and Savior the Annihilator

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:02 PM

View PostNeonKnight, on 29 November 2012 - 04:22 PM, said:

will we be able to get MERC Company banners made...mybe for a small fee, os some way to make a Banner for the cockpit in MERC House Colors?

I'd like to take this further and ask if eventually will we be able to produce custom paint jobs for mechs with colours where we want including being able to import company logos onto the mech chassis itself?

#45 Dirk Le Daring

• 2,083 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:15 PM

How many Hula Girls are out there ?

#46 Rubberman

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationHalifax, NS

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:22 PM

Any eta or insight on the crash to desktop problems some of us have been experiencing since 11/20's patch?

Bonus question for 10 more points: Any celeb likeness planned for mechs?

#47 Koningswulf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 184 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSweden

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:24 PM

Q1 Devs why can´t you just take a hour or two and answer all the Questions people have to this thread?
or as many that you can or want answer at least?
Q2 Are you working on re-spawning mech that lose connection in the game? While DC the mech can be targeted but dont do anything, like it works in most other game, this really should be helpful to counter the very annoying DCs in matches.
Q3 I am really looking forward to new mechs after having played all the old ones, can you please give a upcoming list in what order they are coming and estimated time, that would be swell so we had something to look forward too!
Q4 What are the pulse lasers good for? Compared to the normal laser it has +1/+2 ton, 1/2 range and much more heat??? All for +1 in damage, it just doesnt make sense. What is it that make them any good compared to the laser? After last patch they are even worse than before. They should be equal weight have 1/2 range and more heat for +1dam to be viable at best. I think unless I am missing something here that are not written down. Care to explain this?
Q5 Please, in the mech lab can you add so you see how many ammo rounds you have equipped, not just the ton but the actual amount of ammo rounds on the mech?
Q6 Please, in the mech lab can you add so you see how many slots are equipped and how many are left?
Q7 Please, in the mech lab can you add a button to remove all equipment from a mech at once, would be very useful when you are reequipping a mech?
Q8 Please, in the mech lab can we expect to see descriptions for weapons and equipment soon? That is very much needed.
Q9 What will the command consul equipment do and when will it be implemented?
Q10 When will the knockdown/collision system be implemented again?
The light mechs are killing us out in the field we really need collisions back!
Q11 Will the salvage system be updated to actual salvage instead of C-Bills in the future?
Q12 Will you be implementing destructible environment in the game?
Also environment that could harm your mech like fire and falling building comes to mind?
Q13Can you make FF somehow better? As they work now they just don´t do any real difference.
Q14Will you implement a real trial ground map where players could learn how to maneuver and shoot without having to take into consideration his teammates and other team? This would REALLY be useful for all pilots and a big step for newcomera to learn the games basic!
Q15 in all tests done by players in the forums the small laser, the medium laser are very much better than all other weapons when it comes to DPS and HPS. Can and will you nerf these weapons?
Also on the other side of the specter improve the now nerfed weapons LPL and PPC and EXT PPC
Q16 when will you adress the speed shield lagg issue in the game?
Q17 Why does the EXT PPC dont have 15 in damage as it has in the TT and all MW games?
With its current heat this at least would make it usable.
Q18 Will we get the LB-X Slug incorporated into the game?
I hope you really take the time and answer as many questions you can, it would be really helpful for the moral in the Inner Sphere!

Edited by Koningswulf, 29 November 2012 - 05:26 PM.

#48 Onyx Rain

• 1,017 posts
  • LocationOklahoma, EARTH MK II

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:28 PM

Question 1:
Russ said recently that you don’t have the rights to SOME unseen….can we get a list of mechs we can definately NOT expect to be in game unless things change? It would stop all the theorizing at what could be added...and you could always update us later if things change. Do you have the rights to the re-seen?

Question 2:
I've seen the reasons for not doing the lucky 13, but why not just slap the skin on the mech, add a 30% c-bill boost and sell it? Would take a minimum of time/resources and you'll make money. People don't have to buy it if they don't want. I probably won't buy the muromet because I hate the paint scheme. Way to bland for a hero mech IMO.

Question 3:
Why not at least allow us to change the colors of the hero mech, while keeping the pattern? This one thing will stop me from buying the muromet...and other hero mechs in the future. You are loosing money because of this.

Question 4:
This was addressed rather vaguely in the last ask devs, but no info specifically relating to the Highlander was given...
The spider was released out of order of the announced mechs list…what are the chances of getting the highlander in sooner then the flea or other mechs? (Good call on getting the spider out sooner though, my faith in you guys is being restored due to this and other smart decisions.)

Question 5:
Why not allow the LBX-10 to fire 1 ton of ac10 ammo, and perhaps vise/versa for the ac10? Would make each gun more fun, and keep the ac10 viable even if the lbx can fire some of its ammo. All you need is a button to switch ammo types on the fly.

Question 6:
Why not make NARC allow SRMs to track slightly? ...Like allow them to turn as much as 1 average mech width. This would help you hit moving targets, but won't be like streaks....that would be OP IMO. Don't tighten the spread...but some small tracking ability with NARC would be canon (according to sarna), and Not OP....It would add to the usefulness of a system no one is hardly using because tag is vastly superior.

Edited by Onyx Rain, 29 November 2012 - 05:57 PM.

#49 Xenroth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 326 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:32 PM

Will you buff Narc in near future (the next 1-2 months)? Because compared to the Tag its just the worse decision

Edited by Xenroth, 29 November 2012 - 05:33 PM.

#50 Darigaaz

• Pip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 14 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:49 PM

We already know that collisions are coming back, but WHEN? December? January? Please, tell us at least month! Light mechs are such a pain in the *** without them :/

When are you planning to add special ammunition? We all want slugs for our LBX!

How about some in-combat indication of mech’s perk level? For example, different color, some icon or simply letter ‘M’ for Master mech, ‘E’ for Elite. It’s convenient for both pilot and his enemies – as pilot, you can show that you’ve spent a lot of time and done a lot of effort to upgrade this mech and enemies will know that your capabilities are above average – you can run, turn, twist, cool and reload faster. It’s a pretty interesting feature in my opinion.

#51 Onyx Rain

• 1,017 posts
  • LocationOklahoma, EARTH MK II

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:52 PM

View PostXenroth, on 29 November 2012 - 05:32 PM, said:

Will you buff Narc in near future (the next 1-2 months)? Because compared to the Tag its just the worse decision

Ya this should be a counter to ECM, and should last 30 seconds at least...be lighter and/or have more ammo. No one uses it as it is now....and that is shame. In canon I think it is supposed to make SRMs track some too....I'd like to see that happen, just a little though...not like streaks.

From Sarna:
"The Narc Missile Beacon is a missile homing utility that can be planted on enemy targets, causing friendly SRMs and LRM missiles (even those that do not traditionally have homing capabilities) to lock on to them. They are particularly useful when used in tandem with LRMs."

#52 Farix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 890 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:02 PM

1) Will we see the option of renaming our mechs in the Mech Lab?

2) Can we see the option of bypassing the opening animation in the client and go directly to the login screen (either by hitting esc, or through setting an option in the client? The long opening can be rather annoying after a couple of times.

3) On a related note to 2, why does the client disable the mouse when it first launches? Even when I alt-tab to another window, the mouse movement is limited to the window of the client until it reaches a certain point.

4) Will the hero mechs be available for a limited time or will they be a permanent addition to the MechLab?

#53 Critical Fumble

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 810 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:02 PM

I know the Collisions and Knockdown Fairy was misbehaving badly; but he's been in the PGI dungeon for a long time, and I'm concerned for his well being. How's his "reeducation" going? Is there an ETA or status report for when he can play with us again?

Also, have you (devs) or the mods considered playing a drinking game in involving the starting of "nerf X" threads, or do you love your livers too much?

#54 ebea51

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 435 posts
  • LocationWestern Australia

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:03 PM

Pseuo-2part Question:

1) While devs have acknowledged the difficulties of players in the Oceanic region with their 250-300ms pings playing against US (50-70ms. Approx. 6 times faster) and European (125-150ms. Approx ca.2-3 times faster) pings (MD&B NGNG Podcast):

1.1) Are there any plans to release/rent Oceanic servers?
1.2) If there is, would we be anticipating them during Open Beta? Or would they only be considered after Full-Release?

An MechWarrior loving Australian,
ebe-a51

#55 TheFuzzyBunny

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 446 posts
  • LocationDetroit

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:08 PM

Can I please have a Bunny Head sticker, similar to something a magazine of long standing might use, to put on my mechs? It seems fitting, don't you think?

#56 Morquedeas

• PipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 55 posts
  • LocationIronhold

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:15 PM

I know this is getting a bit ahead of things but this is something I have been concerned about for a while now. In short, is over-factionalism going to be an issue? With 6 nations and a number of other factions like mercenaries and lone wolves this game will have way more factions than any other big title video game that I can think of. Will this be too much for the match making and will it divide the player base too much? I think a large number of factions can also be a really cool thing and a major selling point. I just am curious if this is something that the developers have taken into consideration.

#57 Solis Obscuri

Don't Care How I Want It Now!

• The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 4,751 posts
  • LocationPomme de Terre

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:26 PM

• When is the CN9-AH coming back?
  • Why did you design ECM in such a way that it obviates the existing role/information warfare dynamic between scouts, spotters, and fire support, and that there is no available counter outside of fighting expensive LosTech with expensive LosTech?
  • Any further updates on PPC balancing? It really seems like the "forgotten" weapon system...
  • Any updates on the timeline for implementing the Community/Faction warfare features? I'm looking forward to the new maps and game mode that have been announced, but I'm still champing at the bit for the metagame that will tie it all together.
  • What happened to the old forum's "Advanced Search" options? I haven't been able to find them since the forums rolled to the new Open Beta format, and I miss the functionality. :(

#58 Atlai

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,439 posts
  • Locationfrom the East of the South end of the North

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:26 PM

Will a feature be added that would allow me to share my c-bills with people? My brother does not have as much playing time that i have and i do not mind giving him some of my money.

Thanks Garth for taking the time out of your(Probably very busy) day to answer us meager forum peoplez.

Oh and by the way, is it true that if you get a forum power level of over 9000 you become a mod automatically?

#59 cmdr_scotty

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 118 posts
  • LocationOutreach Mech hanger B-201, Bay 15A

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:46 PM

if you had a choice between a dual ER PPC's and 3 single heat sinks, or a single gauss rifle and 2 tons of ammo. which would you choose?

Note: you can only have the weapons listed, no extras to handle short range or long range, either the ER PPCs or the gauss rifle. all this on a standard 250 engine

#60 Shredhead

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,939 posts
  • LocationLeipzig, Germany

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:52 PM

How far away is a proper Battle Recorder? Do you have it planned already, and if yes when can we expect it?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users