#1 fil5000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,573 posts
  • LocationInternet County, USA

Posted 01 November 2012 - 10:52 AM

http://themittani.co.../mwo-state-play

Some words on the current state of the game for anyone that's interested.

#2 RabbidFerret

• PipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 89 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 11:34 AM

The Yen Lo Wang is bad. No, shut up, it's bad. It's the worst Centurion variant with a terrible paint job.

I laughed.

Edited by RabbidFerret, 01 November 2012 - 11:34 AM.

#3 Brynstar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 01 November 2012 - 11:45 AM

<3 the GOONS

#4 Shortbus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 11:49 AM

Good read

Honest about the good and the bad

Edited by Shortbus, 01 November 2012 - 11:49 AM.

#5 RoyalWave

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 11:50 AM

I got to "MWO is a good game" before I had trouble reading the rest. It has potential, and has decent gameplay, but it does everything possible to not support that and try to ruin it.

-netcode (not talking about engine speed, I'm talking about hit registration and lag compensation)
-matchmaking
-etcetectecetc as someone who went through the trial experience, earning 12,000,000+ through it, it was really badly designed, especially incentive wise

Edited by RoyalWave, 01 November 2012 - 11:55 AM.

#6 Tickdoff Tank

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,647 posts
  • LocationCharlotte NC

Posted 01 November 2012 - 11:52 AM

Why would anyone care what a no-name review says? Good review or bad does not matter.

#7 Shortbus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 11:53 AM

View PostTickdoff Tank, on 01 November 2012 - 11:52 AM, said:

Why would anyone care what a no-name review says? Good review or bad does not matter.

First week on the internet i take it

Welcome.

Edited by Niko Snow, 03 November 2012 - 11:45 AM.
Code of Conduct

#8 hornet331

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 01 November 2012 - 12:01 PM

Caring about payed review.. also you are implying the opinion of a payed "gaming journalist" has more weight then that of a gamer?

I hope you enjoy your 9.4 points on asscreed3 or 9.9 on any future CoD title.

#9 Tickdoff Tank

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,647 posts
  • LocationCharlotte NC

Posted 01 November 2012 - 12:03 PM

View Posthornet331, on 01 November 2012 - 12:01 PM, said:

Caring about payed review.. also you are implying the opinion of a payed "gaming journalist" has more weight then that of a gamer?

I am implying that reviews are not worth reading, especially on the internet. There are no checks and balances. No accountability. Newspaper reviews are as useful as toilet paper, internet revies are worth less. Try the product yourself, form your own opinion.

My opinion of MWO is that it is a great game, I love it. Do you care what I think?

#10 hornet331

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 01 November 2012 - 12:08 PM

No I stopped caring when you said MWO is a great game in its current condition.

#11 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 01 November 2012 - 12:08 PM

You're new to this corner of the world we call "The Internet", right? That's why you just called that a no-name reviewer.

#12 rollermint

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 418 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 12:09 PM

View PostTickdoff Tank, on 01 November 2012 - 12:03 PM, said:

I am implying that reviews are not worth reading, especially on the internet. There are no checks and balances. No accountability. Newspaper reviews are as useful as toilet paper, internet revies are worth less. Try the product yourself, form your own opinion.

My opinion of MWO is that it is a great game, I love it. Do you care what I think?

No people dont care what you think but a lot of people actually do care and pay attention to what theMittani has to say.

Sorry bud.

#13 Psykosis

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts
  • Locationtexas

Posted 01 November 2012 - 12:15 PM

Unless you are playing with a premade group, assume that your teammates are drooling idiots. You may be lucky and have a decent group but chances are that you've got people whose response to "What's our plan?" Is "Win lol" or even better "Shoot." Not only is the notion of any sort of organised fight alien to these people, they seem to find the very notion absurd. They will scatter in all directions, get killed one at a time and then complain that premades are overpowered and that you didn't back them up. Your instinct will be to try to help these people. Do not give in to that instinct. They do not want your help and are incapable of accepting it. You may feel that I am being harsh about this, but I am not. I have run in pickup groups and seen these people at work, and the experience has made me vow to never play in pickup games again.

truth.

#14 fil5000

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,573 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 12:19 PM

Well, in the interests of accuracy, it's me that wrote the piece rather than Mittens himself. And people are free to pay no attention to what I say, I'm just a guy with a keyboard. As Tank says, I'm not accountable to anyone for anything, I'm just shouting my opinion into the ether.

View PostRoyalWave, on 01 November 2012 - 11:50 AM, said:

I got to "MWO is a good game" before I had trouble reading the rest. It has potential, and has decent gameplay, but it does everything possible to not support that and try to ruin it.

-netcode (not talking about engine speed, I'm talking about hit registration and lag compensation)
-matchmaking
-etcetectecetc as someone who went through the trial experience, earning 12,000,000+ through it, it was really badly designed, especially incentive wise

Well yeah, it has problems. I fill a PARAGRAPH with problems, just not the specific ones you mention there. Maybe I'm just a glass half full guy, but I like and enjoy this game and I'm looking forward to seeing how it ends up.

#15 PYR0MANCER

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 154 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 12:35 PM

View PostPsykosis, on 01 November 2012 - 12:15 PM, said:

Unless you are playing with a premade group, assume that your teammates are drooling idiots. You may be lucky and have a decent group but chances are that you've got people whose response to "What's our plan?" Is "Win lol" or even better "Shoot." Not only is the notion of any sort of organised fight alien to these people, they seem to find the very notion absurd. They will scatter in all directions, get killed one at a time and then complain that premades are overpowered and that you didn't back them up. Your instinct will be to try to help these people. Do not give in to that instinct. They do not want your help and are incapable of accepting it. You may feel that I am being harsh about this, but I am not. I have run in pickup groups and seen these people at work, and the experience has made me vow to never play in pickup games again.

Truth

#16 fil5000

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,573 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 12:36 PM

View Posthornet331, on 01 November 2012 - 12:01 PM, said:

Also for clarity, I am unpaid.

#17 Rathe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 12:43 PM

This kind of article is the only one you can really trust. No one from PGI pays TM.com for advertising, we run on the merit of content alone. If a TM.com reporter gets removed, it's because he was badposting, not because he lost us ad revenue a la the kane and lynch fiasco.

Good post fil!

#18 ExecutorImperious

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 12:59 PM

View Postfil5000, on 01 November 2012 - 12:36 PM, said:

Also for clarity, I am unpaid.
It's worse, you're part of the Gooninati that wants to ruin this game! :pseudo:

#19 IceSerpent

• 3,044 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 01:06 PM

View Postwanderer, on 01 November 2012 - 12:08 PM, said:

You're new to this corner of the world we call "The Internet", right? That's why you just called that a no-name reviewer.

This got me curious - I am certainly not new to this corner of the world, but I've never heard about Fil5000 before...did I miss something important?

#20 fil5000

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,573 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 01:09 PM

View PostIceSerpent, on 01 November 2012 - 01:06 PM, said:

This got me curious - I am certainly not new to this corner of the world, but I've never heard about Fil5000 before...did I miss something important?

Nope, I'm nobody - I think people thought it was Mittens himself writing the review, hence my clarification.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users