Mechwarrior Online Soundtrack Project

135 replies to this topic

Poll: Mechwarrior Soundtracks Project (228 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you like this soundtrack project to be part of Mechwarrior Online?

1. Voted Yes we love it! create an entire album (201 votes [88.16%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 88.16%

2. No we dont like it (27 votes [11.84%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.84%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#81 Brontolo

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:43 AM

OMG Nice works guys! :blink:

#82 L etranger

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:41 AM

Great musics

#83 IIIuminaughty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,445 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:41 AM

I wanna hear some Hard Core Gangsta sht! but it does sound like some music mechwarrior would have.

#84 AvatarofWhat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 591 posts
  • LocationAntares

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:21 AM

any way I can download these?

#85 AV 4 T 4 R

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:26 AM

View PostAvatarofWhat, on 07 December 2012 - 09:21 AM, said:

any way I can download these?

Hi,

we activated the "Download" options for the tracks, there is an arrow where to grab the song :ph34r: Enjoy!

#86 AV 4 T 4 R

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:45 AM

Hi folks!

Monday 10 December the new Battle march "Echoes of war" (hoping the name in english makes sense :ph34r:) will be available.
It will bring you in a desert environment with toms, taiko and orchestral percussion that will mark the sense of the incoming battle.
Pure Rhythm, pure emotive effect! soon online!

#87 Kenach

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:08 AM

This soundtrack is absolutely awesome :ph34r: keep up the good work, I hope PGI will see this

#88 Cicatrix

• PipPip
  • The Cub
  • 41 posts
  • LocationAlshain

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:44 AM

The original soundtrack in all 3 versions of Mechwarrior 2 was something of a masterpiece in my mind. Quite possibly one of the best soundtracks ever made for a video game series, especially at the time. I would love to see a return to a modern version of those songs or something along those lines.

#89 Der BruzZzler von Wiesndoof

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationAm Grill

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:27 AM

Forsaken is great! I can hear the synths of "Race against Time (Arkham Bridge)" in this track. This was and is still my fav. track of the old MW2 soundtrack by Alper & Hwang. Your music fits perfectly to MWO and it brings a bit of the old mechwarrior atmosphere back to us. Well done and good luck. I agree with most of the ppl here. NO Death Metal!!!

#90 AV 4 T 4 R

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 08:01 AM

View PostCicatrix, on 08 December 2012 - 05:44 AM, said:

The original soundtrack in all 3 versions of Mechwarrior 2 was something of a masterpiece in my mind. Quite possibly one of the best soundtracks ever made for a video game series, especially at the time. I would love to see a return to a modern version of those songs or something along those lines.

My only fear is about the copyrights. Yes we can rebuilt the entire mw2 tracks from zero to a modern sound, with exactly the same molodies, but what happen about copyrights? if PGI owns that copyright and allow us to do it. We can do. Otherwise it could be dangerous for us and for PGI too. So we keep original tracks

We will wait for PGI feedback about this.

#91 DeadOnAim

• PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 08:27 AM

Fantastic job! I am downloading and adding to a playlist to use while I stream the game. Keep up the great work!

#92 xxx WreckinBallRaj xxx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,852 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 08:33 AM

View Postninjaphobos, on 04 December 2012 - 11:40 AM, said:

You can find the full MW2 and MW2:M soundtracks on youtube..........
http://www.youtube.c...E409CD81FFF6F55

On topic: This is great! Keep going!

I have them on my hard drive in my OST collection. :mellow:

Edited by Bluten, 08 December 2012 - 08:34 AM.

#93 Jonttu

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 08:44 AM

Hmm yea maybe less of that choir stuff, it's gotten old years ago. It's dissapointing how many people seem to associate that choir stuff with the word epic. Yes it can sound good if it fits and if done well but if it's just the usual "hoo hoo hoo" then forget about it. This one wouldn't fit but it's good:
Yea I also hate dubstep but anyway...

I would suggest heavy metal of sorts that doesn't stand out too much, some kinda industrial music, chilling ambient stuff (i.e. the scary kind) and march music and tribal music with lotsa drumming.

I'll post a few tracks here for inspiration at the very least.

watch?v=P9LWQWOWEaA
watch?v=2re702QU6Ls
watch?v=AKicXFmzgiM (this one sounds a 1000 times better with a good subwoofer, oh well...)

Edit1: wtf...

Edit2: oh so you can't make more posts than one... ok no way of getting around this issue, would have wanted to post a total of 5 youtube windows................

Edit3: Guess I'll just edit the post a little and leave a few links instead...

Edit4: Still b****ing about posting too many media files, even though I removed the media brackets from three links already...

Edit5: I'm going nuts... Can I NOT copy a piece of text without it remaining an intact link??????????????????????????????? Guess I'm gonna have to find the videos again. This kind of editing has always been my f*****g nightmare.

PS. Wow, as if it isn't enough that other people troll and this software trolls me also my body trolls me with sudden diarrhea... fml.

Edited by Jonttu, 08 December 2012 - 09:26 AM.

#94 AV 4 T 4 R

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:33 AM

OK Guys! Here we are!

I'm proud to present you our new soundtrack: Echoes of war

https://soundcloud.c...ts/mech-warrior

The song describe a desert planet while the battlemechs march toward the horizon, approching their fate.
The entire lances prepare their positioning in the battleground, there is no stress in their mind, there is no pain in their eyes....the battle is imminent....

P.S.: I remind you the whole soundtracks at the following adresse

https://soundcloud.c...ts/mech-warrior

Cheers!

#95 CrazyFog

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 13 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:03 AM

amazing music

#96 BatWing

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 337 posts
  • LocationFL

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:46 AM

Great job AVA !!! non sapevo eri cosi' bravo come musicista :)

Very well done, please keep it up!!

GLORY AND HONOR!

#97 AV 4 T 4 R

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:58 AM

Thanks very much Batwing :)

#98 Slaytronic

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 475 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:07 AM

need more metal it's good but this game requires metal also

#99 cmopatrick

• 1,026 posts
  • Locationa 45 tonner on patrol...

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:41 AM

sweet tracks, sir. the hm crowd may not like them, but i do. they do seem to set as big brawler tunes to me, but that is just my style (i usually listen to selections from deadmou5, Tiësto, Above & Beyond, and similar while running my light chassis).

biggest problem i see is we live by different beats as much by weight and style as anything else. these are much more the cinematic type soundscapes that might fit a more pve mission, where they blend into the mood of growing action or flowing action. perhaps as a default for the greater pvp game they would work... if they gave us options within game to select something different that fits our style, rather than forcing one for a map or situation.

the one i think would offer the most problems is the menu one. there were enough complaints just about the engine sounds that they have nuked them, i think the same individuals would scream about having yours as well. i actually think it sounds very Homeworld (this is a compliment).

for folks with comms, there are potential problems with variable volumes and intensities, but nothing that pgi couldn't work with you (and others, we have at least a few from very musical communities) to resolve.

overall, good work, imo.

#100 StandingCow

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,069 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:49 AM

Awesome job! :)

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users