Christmas Item Feedback

329 replies to this topic

#21 Alois Hammer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,296 posts
  • LocationHooterville

Posted 04 December 2012 - 12:08 PM

View Post0oFoxtroto0, on 04 December 2012 - 11:55 AM, said:

anyone else think these Christmas decorations have some outrageous prices?

No, but only because "outrageous" falls in "barely the tip of the [REDACTED] iceberg" territory. The OP nailed it, somebody tacked on an extra zero.

#22 Tressa

Rookie

• 9 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 04 December 2012 - 12:09 PM

Please, reconsider these prices. Unless you donate all proceeds from Christmas items to a charity, 7$ for blinking lights is ridiculous.

Edited by Tressa, 04 December 2012 - 12:09 PM.

#23 Aegis Kleais

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 12:12 PM

Oh, sure, you call it Christmas in the forums, but everywhere in the game, you call it Xmas.

For shame, PGI! FOR SHAME!!! *does the cheese grater shamey finger thing*

#24 Epic Fail

• PipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 82 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 04 December 2012 - 12:13 PM

View PostDaZur, on 04 December 2012 - 11:50 AM, said:

While I empathize with the pricing concerns...

"It's cosmetic"... They are in no way forcing you to purchase these bits but if you are so inclined to fancy up your kit... ya gotta open you wallet.

I think ya'll are over optimistic as to how many folks would want to put this stuff in their pit regardless of the price-point... :D

I think you are wrong. Completely. The entire point is for it to be affordable and for them to nickel and dime us out of our own money. The fact of the matter is they want and need to nickel and dime us, that’s the whole goal,. I have dropped $200+ into this game, but I am camping on most of my MC as the items are just too costly. Certain Items like these little vanity points should be a dime a dozen. so everyone buys them! that is the point. Dropping a 0 off all the items, would multiply the effects of purchasing exponentially across the board. Just because your opinion is that you wouldn’t buy them if they were cheaper is not mine, nor does it undermine the fact that little dink items are still too much, and will end up being the bread and butter in time.

#25 Onyx Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,017 posts
  • LocationOklahoma, EARTH MK II

Posted 04 December 2012 - 12:16 PM

Crazy High prices on the x-mas stuff....Not spending any MC this patch.

Hero mech is way to high also....seriously 2nd most expensive mech in game? (and atlas K is overpriced too!)

Seriously PGI I'm unemployed and broke but still stupid enough to throw money at you if you just give me some decent prices/value for my dollar....Not seeing it with these prices.

View PostEpic Fail, on 04 December 2012 - 12:13 PM, said:

I think you are wrong. Completely. The entire point is for it to be affordable and for them to nickel and dime us out of our own money. The fact of the matter is they want and need to nickel and dime us, that’s the whole goal,. I have dropped $200+ into this game, but I am camping on most of my MC as the items are just too costly. Certain Items like these little vanity points should be a dime a dozen. so everyone buys them! that is the point. Dropping a 0 off all the items, would multiply the effects of purchasing exponentially across the board. Just because your opinion is that you wouldn’t buy them if they were cheaper is not mine, nor does it undermine the fact that little dink items are still too much, and will end up being the bread and butter in time.

Exactly right....should be like pokemon...collect em all!!!!....Hellz no...not for this much MC

Edited by Onyx Rain, 04 December 2012 - 12:17 PM.

#26 Rina Fujimoto

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 526 posts
  • LocationSF

Posted 04 December 2012 - 12:16 PM

My favorite is the "coal" that's just a rock texture from Crysis 2.

#27 Bodach

• PipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 35 posts
  • LocationCentral Time Zone, USA

Posted 04 December 2012 - 12:17 PM

Yeah I can;t see paying $5 or 6$ for vanity items.

#28 Josef Nader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,243 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 12:17 PM

I really, really want that Santa Atlas.

I ain't droppin' $6 darn dollars on it.

#29 M0rpHeu5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 956 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 04 December 2012 - 12:18 PM

When the game has so many issues should you really waste time on this kind of staff?

#30 MetalCanyon

• PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 12:19 PM

View PostJosef Nader, on 04 December 2012 - 12:17 PM, said:

I really, really want that Santa Atlas.

I ain't droppin' $6 darn dollars on it.
On that topic, the first time I saw the santa atlas, I immediately thought: "That's not named right..." In light of my recent discovery of the deeper meaning of life and its many intricate details, I propose the name be changed to "Santlas". It would make me happy...but it's still too expensive.

#31 Reg Dwight

Rookie

• The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 3 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 04 December 2012 - 12:20 PM

View PostRattazustra, on 04 December 2012 - 11:37 AM, said:

I find it simply irritating how they actually manage to continously ignore all economic findings of recent years regarding F2P games. The pricing so far, be it for vanity items or private fluff stuff, shows an immense level of either greed, complacency or incompetence and neither choice seems nice.

It seems they are completely focussed on getting 10$ from one guy, instead of getting 1$ from 20 guys. Doesn't make any sense.

I totally agree with Rattazustra's philosophy on pitching the right price for these items. What would you guys rather have. A few big sales with minimal profit, or multiple sales making major $$$. Drop the prices and watch the numbers soar!!!
Just my 2 cents (without adding any zeros) :D

#32 Ryvucz

Zunrith

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,839 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs, Colorado

Posted 04 December 2012 - 12:21 PM

'(<.<)' Only a complete goober would buy every item available anyway... '(>.>)'

Which kind of reminds me of that MC sale, if you look at it, that "bonus" MC paid for these items.

Juuuuuust sayin.

#33 Epic Fail

• PipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 82 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 04 December 2012 - 12:22 PM

The fact of the matter is to purchase all the new items this time around you are looking at investing what a retail full production game would cost all together plus some DLC (just to poke the masses there)

I would by every one of the items, with a price reduction of a 0 at the end, but as it stands right now, the Hero is the only thing being bought. and that’s cause i have to to be a collector...

#34 Akai Doragon

• Pip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 04 December 2012 - 12:25 PM

I fully agree with this thread as i was excited to buy a few items of fluff for my cockpit but at these prices its not going to happen. There is no way that I am dropping $7 on lights, or $6 on a dashboard mech. Everything seems to be overly greedy when it comes to MC costs and this game.

I think they are missing the point of F2P games and Micro Transactions, many small transactions = income, no large transactions = no income. I bought a founders package but so far I have no intention of purchasing more MC's unless these prices become more realistic. I am sure they will get a few people to buy their fluff but not enough to justify it at these prices and no long term benefit.

#35 KitK

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 297 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 12:26 PM

LOL...or perhaps HO! HO! HO! is more appropriate.

Anyone got the price list? I can't check it right now myself.

But from what I'm reading I can't decide what's funnier - the prices or the complaining about them. As if it is unexpected. It's like buying anything but gas at the filling station - overpriced. That's how they make money, not on gas. MWO doesn't make money on mech repairs, drops, or even most mechs, they make it on this stuff. All of you guys who post how you bought a founders to support the game you love - time to pony up again!

For the rest, the good news is that PGI is located in Canada, where they celebrate Boxing Day by having huge sales to get rid of the left over Christmas stock. Wait 'til then and you can get it all for 30%-70% off.

Merry Christmas! And don't shoot at the glowing eyes across the map - it could be Rudolph!

#36 David Decoster

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts
  • LocationBrugge, Belgium, Terra

Posted 04 December 2012 - 12:30 PM

So, the sum of the cosmetic Christmas items > the price of a Hero Mech with actual in-game bonuses? ^_^
Yeah PGI, this makes total sense... I think you've mistaken the Season of Giving for the Season of Cashgrabbing. :D

#37 MaverickCDN

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 12:31 PM

I'd like to know how many people are buying the cosmetic items for the current prices. I know I won't be buying any. I think they'd be very likely to increase volume of sales enough to make more money with lower prices (not to mention having more satisfied customers) but maybe a lot of people value these things more than I do and they are making a killing at the current price points.

$7 worth of MC for seasonal cockpit decoratons you can barely see? does this seem like a realistic optimal sale price to anyone? It's not like selling a ton of them increase material or production costs. Selling 70 items for $1 should be preferable to selling 10 for $7 because it means way more people have invested in an MC package to buy fluff, and are probably happier with the game as a result.

Camo and colour prices are ridiculous too, 3 colours and camo is what 1250+125x3 MC or something close to that? so for my modest stable of 6 mechs that would be 9750MC which would be over $40 worth if you buy the $50 MC package. $7 per mech for a one-time paint job that goes poof if you change them or sell a mech. If I could paint and camo up my mechs for $1-2 I'd probably consider it, but $7 just isn't going to happen, ever.

I understand they need to pay the bills, but they might be shooting themselves in the foot with these prices.

Edited by MaverickCDN, 04 December 2012 - 12:33 PM.

#38 JohnnyC

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts
  • LocationSpearfish, South Dakota

Posted 04 December 2012 - 12:31 PM

PGI is quickly becoming synonymous with "overpriced"...

Seriously... first the price of paint is ridiculous, then this. We understand your need to make money and want you to make money. Even want to give you money in exchange for goods, but we don't want to feel ripped off.

#39 Dr B00t

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 496 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 12:36 PM

yep...way too pricey...1k mc for an ornament...4k for a hero mech

#40 AgroAlba

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 365 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 12:43 PM

If you all feel this strongly, I'd urge you to email support. I did.

Am I super outraged by the prices? No. They can charge what they want. However, I do think that these prices are far too much for myself.

I definitley think below 500MC is the sweet spot for such vanity items, and have a hard time justifying anything above that. At the same time, as I mentioned in my email, my purchasing ethics drastically change when I will have to inject MC into my account. Right now, spending is easy because it's MC from my Founders program.

When I've run out of founders MC, they will see a decrease in MC spending, because these prices and objects do not motivate me to rush for my debit card.

Just my .02 cents.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users