When Are We Gonna Get A Coolant Flush Module

3037 replies to this topic

#581 Tekyio Wolf

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:00 PM

View PostPanchoTortilla, on 21 February 2013 - 08:08 AM, said:

There's no point debating with fanboys and asskissers. No amount of polling, data, logic or facts will sway their opinion.

Keep in mind these are the same geniuses that claimed gauss rifles were perfectly fine l2p. While by PGI's own admission it was broken. Not only game balance broken but dysfunctional code not working as intended broken.

It was a weapon that did extreme damage at extreme long range, generated no heat, had no minimum range, and neither ammunition or weapon could explode. It had 0 drawbacks, was broken code, and by far the best weapon in the game in that state. Yet the same batch of sycophants all said it was fine.

Talk with your wallets. Dwindling purchases and fewer logged in players is the only language PGI understands.

I think PGI simply does not fully understand the true impact on this game. Specially with MM3 and no weight balance.

They did a good job so far, no one is not allowed me make strange things.

#582 danust

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:25 PM

Make it 3-5 slots and 5-10 tons and leave as is. 3L with MLas and SStreaks is a bit much with lag shield. 2 D-DC's in tandem with good pilots can dominate a location. We can now hit them with PPC interrupt and temp uncloud the veil and achieve a lock.

No real answer for 2 3L's in tandem. Except those 2 D-DC's maybe. Pilot error is the only way to kill them really when they get greedy and come in too close or frontal.

#583 gunkie

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:39 PM

View PostDuvanor, on 28 December 2012 - 05:14 AM, said:

Not being able to hit a Light with other weapons then missiles is still a netcode issue and in case of the Raven maybe hitboxes, not of ECM. Plus there are ways to hit anyway. Swarms of standart SRM for example have a good chance of hitting a lagshieldet Light.

I got no ECM mech. It doesn't matter in PUGs, at least for me.

Really I've had many games where there were no ecm equipped mechs on one side. They all end the same way the side without ecm loses. The problem isn't that ECM mechs on their own are better or can't be hit. ECM, as it currently is, is a force multiplier. A single A7 DC on one side makes a huge difference as long as the other side doesn't have it.

Edited by gunkie, 21 February 2013 - 06:40 PM.

#584 WolvesX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Machete
  • The Machete
  • 2,072 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:58 AM

View Postgunkie, on 21 February 2013 - 06:39 PM, said:

Really I've had many games where there were no ecm equipped mechs on one side. They all end the same way the side without ecm loses. The problem isn't that ECM mechs on their own are better or can't be hit. ECM, as it currently is, is a force multiplier. A single A7 DC on one side makes a huge difference as long as the other side doesn't have it.

Thats it!

no ECM equals 90% lose

#585 Ghogiel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • 6,852 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:02 AM

View PostWolvesX, on 22 February 2013 - 02:58 AM, said:

Thats it!

no ECM equals 90% lose

sauce?

#586 Bhan Zor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 107 posts
  • LocationSwitzerland

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:10 AM

View PostWolvesX, on 22 February 2013 - 02:58 AM, said:

Thats it!

no ECM equals 90% lose

90% chance of losing? Alarmist nonsense.

Edited by Bhan Zor, 22 February 2013 - 03:10 AM.

#587 One Medic Army

• 5,985 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:14 AM

ECM inhibits teamwork.
Remove ECM hiding where friendly mechs are.

Never in TT was one side unable to see where their own mechs were, not even under double-blind rules.

#588 Tikkamasala

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:05 AM

View PostOne Medic Army, on 22 February 2013 - 03:14 AM, said:

ECM inhibits teamwork.
Remove ECM hiding where friendly mechs are.

It encourages remembering where your team operates and punishes blind solo charges, i.e. it rewards team work.

#589 WolvesX

• The Machete
  • The Machete
  • 2,072 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:16 AM

View PostTikkamasala, on 22 February 2013 - 04:05 AM, said:

It encourages remembering where your team operates and punishes blind solo charges, i.e. it rewards team work.

ECM needs near ro zero skill to work, thats the problem. All counters are skill based.

#590 Onmyoudo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 955 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:21 AM

View PostTikkamasala, on 22 February 2013 - 04:05 AM, said:

Orrrrrr if you get ambushed by 2 ECM Ravens and suddenly the map tells you you're all alone and the PUGs have wandered off from where they were 30 seconds ago. Medic's point is valid.

#591 WolvesX

• The Machete
  • The Machete
  • 2,072 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:27 AM

http://mwomercs.com/...98#entry1939798

This poll is a good proof too!

#592 Tikkamasala

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:29 AM

View PostWolvesX, on 22 February 2013 - 04:16 AM, said:

ECM needs near ro zero skill to work, thats the problem. All counters are skill based.

You can just shoot them; activate thermal vision to make it even easier. There are just two classes of weapons affected, one of them needs some kind of teamwork anyway to be effective (spotter, tag, etc).
Scouting using your own eyes and relaying that information becomes more important with ECM. I don't see how that inhibits teamwork.

View PostOnmyoudo, on 22 February 2013 - 04:21 AM, said:

Orrrrrr if you get ambushed by 2 ECM Ravens and suddenly the map tells you you're all alone and the PUGs have wandered off from where they were 30 seconds ago. Medic's point is valid.

If you get ambushed by two enemy mechs all alone you have made a mistake previously. If you don't know where your team has gone you have failed yet again. Why is that suddenly the fault of ECM?

#593 Onmyoudo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 955 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:35 AM

View PostTikkamasala, on 22 February 2013 - 04:29 AM, said:

If you get ambushed by two enemy mechs all alone you have made a mistake previously. If you don't know where your team has gone you have failed yet again. Why is that suddenly the fault of ECM?

If your mistake is not being in LoS of all of your team at all times without exception, sure. I never mentioned not knowing where they had gone, but catching them is another matter, yes? If you expect PUGs to respond in a timely manner to "help, enemy at C5" you're often going to be disappointed.

#594 Tikkamasala

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:40 AM

View PostOnmyoudo, on 22 February 2013 - 04:35 AM, said:

If your mistake is not being in LoS of all of your team at all times without exception, sure. I never mentioned not knowing where they had gone, but catching them is another matter, yes? If you expect PUGs to respond in a timely manner to "help, enemy at C5" you're often going to be disappointed.

If that's a common problem i'd suggest not running off alone or at least be able to run back to your team in time instead of asking for help.

#595 Para B

• PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:44 AM

Drastically increase the ECM system's weight and crit slots. Reduce the possible firepower of light ECM mechs.

Problem solved.

Edited by Para B, 22 February 2013 - 05:07 AM.

#596 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:43 AM

View PostWolvesX, on 20 February 2013 - 04:29 PM, said:

Proof added:

ECM is OP
Posted Image

This is only proof that You in a raven is OP. The 2nd Raven did not fair as well as you sir. OP build would have had both ravens above the Phract.

#597 Mackensen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 155 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:54 AM

My favourite mechs are my Stalkers. They have no ECM and I perform better with them than with my AS7-D-DC.

#598 StalaggtIKE

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 2,304 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:06 AM

You can just shoot them; activate thermal vision to make it even easier. There are just two classes of weapons affected, one of them needs some kind of teamwork anyway to be effective (spotter, tag, etc).
Scouting using your own eyes and relaying that information becomes more important with ECM. I don't see how that inhibits teamwork.

First off, if you're playing without thermal then you're already doing it wrong. "Smurf vision" is the only way to play this game, especially with the inclusion of ECM stealth. I take it you either use TS or equivalent, or you do not play the game. A big part of non verbal communication used target selecting and call letters to inform team of enemy's location. So, yes it hinders teamwork, at least between pugs. In my D-DC, I welcome my enemy to shoot me; I will usually win a 1-on-1 fight. All I must do is isolate them; in which ECM passively assist me in doing so.

Yeah, I love how you make it sound so simple. Because all the pros are standing in the open, keeping each other in los while entangled in battle. :P There is a difference in being aware of your ally's location and being forced to keep los. ECM demands you keep them in los if you want live update of their location.

Edited by StalaggtIKE, 22 February 2013 - 06:55 AM.

#599 StalaggtIKE

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 2,304 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:16 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 22 February 2013 - 05:43 AM, said:

This is only proof that You in a raven is OP. The 2nd Raven did not fair as well as you sir. OP build would have had both ravens above the Phract.

I got one too!

Posted Image

#600 Thorn Hallis

• 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:41 AM

28 pages full of wasted bandwith. And in the 3rd world the internet is starving.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users