#541 Grraarrgghh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 829 posts
  • LocationCalgary, Alberta

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:23 AM

View PostDocBach, on 20 February 2013 - 09:18 AM, said:

I suppose many of us beta testers believe it is partially our responsibility to let the developers of the game know when something is amiss.

http://mwomercs.com/...__fromsearch__1

Perhaps not a scientific poll, but a very balanced and straightforward one in which a sizable population has cast vote.

And once again I ask, why don't you [REDACTED] send them emails directly or post in Feedback rather than [REDACTED] General forum?

Edited by Viterbi, 20 February 2013 - 03:15 PM.
removed directed language

#542 Reported for Inappropriate Name

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,767 posts
  • LocationAmericlap

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:04 AM

View PostWolvesX, on 20 February 2013 - 09:13 AM, said:

The raven must do NOTHING but puting 1.5 tons in.

don't forget that ravens somehow take more punishment than an atlas, and the dodgy hitboxes making doing full damage with lasers difficult.

in all honesty I'm not quite sure why i'm not driving an ecm raven because they're far more dangerous than an assault.

#543 Teralitha

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,188 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:05 AM

View PostAlexWildeagle, on 28 December 2012 - 04:51 AM, said:

WOW! Talk about crying wolf. ECM is fine, just cause it takes away your super easy mode doesn't make it OP.

You want OP, a few mechs sitting back 800 meters making heavy mechs disintegrate in less then 30 seconds.

Before they can do anything about ECM they will have to fix LRM boats and streakcats. Then they can work on making ECM more TT like.

You didnt read his post very well did you. He uses ECM all the time and loved using it. But he has come to the realization like many other perceptive players have, that ECM ruins the enjoyment of the game.

#544 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:06 AM

View PostWolvesX, on 20 February 2013 - 08:15 AM, said:

Would you? Yes, yes you would, because if 1.5 tons OPness.

As Op as ECM is. I kill a good share of them. With LoS weapons and SRMs(Not Streaks).

#545 Ghogiel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • 6,852 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:10 AM

For 5 secs, if you hit the 140 kph raven.

The raven must do NOTHING but puting 1.5 tons in. wow.

Counter: 3 Slots, 7 Tons, 8 heat, and skillshot.

Great counter!

l2p

#546 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

View PostGrraarrgghh, on 20 February 2013 - 09:23 AM, said:

And once again I ask, why don't you chumps send them emails directly or post in Feedback rather than **** up the General forum?

What makes you think they aren't sir? Second... it's a general forum, it's supposed to be F*cked up!

#547 nksharp

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts
  • LocationCanada

For 5 secs, if you hit the 140 kph raven.

The raven must do NOTHING but puting 1.5 tons in. wow.

Counter: 3 Slots, 7 Tons, 8 heat, and skillshot.

Great counter!

Assuming someone could hit you at that speed they would be better of using gauss I would think too.

#548 Funkadelic Mayhem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,811 posts
  • LocationOrokin Void

for every one crying its op there is another who does not think so. Its in the game, its going to STAY IN THE GAME! Move along JFC!

#549 Grraarrgghh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 829 posts
  • LocationCalgary, Alberta

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:11 AM

You people are bad at the internet and attention whores.

#550 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:12 AM

JFC????
Did KFC get bought out? :lol:

#551 Hedonism Robot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 421 posts
  • LocationSpace Pirate

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:25 AM

I can't understand how people can even defend the ECM saying its not OP in its current implementation. Yes the function is necessary and it should remain in the game, but right now it is so powerful that variants and chassis are not even a choice. Even if the ECM weighed 8 tons you would still see almost all atlas players equipping it. If LRMS were really that much of a problem and streakcats all they needed to do was buff the AMS. Right now on my Atlas DDC I don't even bother with an AMS since my ecm makes me immune to missiles.

What the ecm needs to bring is a way for lights to be able to sneak around and paint targets without eating 3 lrm boats and melting. For a light mech to conceal itself I think 1.5 tons is fair and fine. They are giving up a medium pulse laser worth of firepower for the function. I don't feel the 1.5 ton ecm should jam an entire teams vision or provide aoe stealth.

Similarly the Atlas DDC is a command type assault mech. It should have some form of party benefit at the cost of weaponry. 1.5 tons/2crit slots at the moment is just nothing to spend on an Atlas. Especially when you consider your whole assault lance gets the buff. I would like to see the current form of aoe ecm be changed to 8 tons. Still a viable and powerful item but one that requires some form of decision to equip or not.

#552 Thuzel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 599 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:38 AM

View PostHedonism Robot, on 20 February 2013 - 10:25 AM, said:

I can't understand how people can even defend the ECM saying its not OP in its current implementation. Yes the function is necessary and it should remain in the game, but right now it is so powerful that variants and chassis are not even a choice. Even if the ECM weighed 8 tons you would still see almost all atlas players equipping it. If LRMS were really that much of a problem and streakcats all they needed to do was buff the AMS. Right now on my Atlas DDC I don't even bother with an AMS since my ecm makes me immune to missiles.
[...]

Good points, and that's been put forth a couple of times.

It's not so much that people don't want ECM, it's that the current version is much too powerful for it's weight.Just balance it against AMS, for example:

AMS:
Con - 1.5 tons
Con - ammo limited
Pro - negates 1 to 5 missiles

ECM:
Con - 1.5 tons
Con - Counter-ECM and PPC limited
Pro - negates all missiles but SRM
Pro - provides stealth and anti-locking ability to carrying mech
Pro - provides stealth and anti-locking ability to all friendly mechs nearby
Pro - Breaks all forms of missile assistance within 180m (Narc, Tag, and Artemis)

There's a massive balance problem there.

Edited by Thuzel, 20 February 2013 - 10:40 AM.

#553 Hedonism Robot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 421 posts
  • LocationSpace Pirate

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:45 AM

@Thuzel

This is my feelings exactly. I think a lot of players see the posts against the ecm as a matter of getting rid of it entirely. They fear the days of 4 LRM boats on each team stacking over 1200 rounds and doing 1400 dmg every game. I always suggested that the AMS get an upgrade in the rounds it could dump, I felt it should be 4x as effective and burn 4x the ammo rate. This would not even be complete counter like the ecm, since you would be essentially trading ton of ton on ams to lrms.

I still don't understand why PGI has left the ecm in this state for so long.

#554 Vassago Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:50 AM

ITT: pic related.

Posted Image

#555 B0oN

• 2,870 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:52 AM

All this energy into a thread that didnt even factor in one very basic thing :
It´s still so very unfinished in terms of fleshed-out-ness in regards to piloting skills, mech trees, modules, and and and, but still you guys sit there filling 26 pages with inane and idle chatter .

Put that energy into playing rather ?

#556 Thuzel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 599 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:54 AM

View PostVassago Rain, on 20 February 2013 - 10:50 AM, said:

ITT: pic related.

Posted Image

useless and ironic

Don't like the topic? Read another one.

#557 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:56 AM

View PostHedonism Robot, on 20 February 2013 - 10:25 AM, said:

I can't understand how people can even defend the ECM saying its not OP in its current implementation. Yes the function is necessary and it should remain in the game, but right now it is so powerful that variants and chassis are not even a choice. Even if the ECM weighed 8 tons you would still see almost all atlas players equipping it. If LRMS were really that much of a problem and streakcats all they needed to do was buff the AMS. Right now on my Atlas DDC I don't even bother with an AMS since my ecm makes me immune to missiles. What the ecm needs to bring is a way for lights to be able to sneak around and paint targets without eating 3 lrm boats and melting. For a light mech to conceal itself I think 1.5 tons is fair and fine. They are giving up a medium pulse laser worth of firepower for the function. I don't feel the 1.5 ton ecm should jam an entire teams vision or provide aoe stealth. Similarly the Atlas DDC is a command type assault mech. It should have some form of party benefit at the cost of weaponry. 1.5 tons/2crit slots at the moment is just nothing to spend on an Atlas. Especially when you consider your whole assault lance gets the buff. I would like to see the current form of aoe ecm be changed to 8 tons. Still a viable and powerful item but one that requires some form of decision to equip or not.
Don't forget the 3 tons of dual Cockpit. I had to pull that to get my build right. Soon i will need to put it back so I can call in artillery strikes on you people!!! :lol:

Edited by Joseph Mallan, 20 February 2013 - 10:57 AM.

#558 StalaggtIKE

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 2,304 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:50 AM

View PostRad Hanzo, on 20 February 2013 - 10:52 AM, said:

All this energy into a thread that didnt even factor in one very basic thing :
It´s still so very unfinished in terms of fleshed-out-ness in regards to piloting skills, mech trees, modules, and and and, but still you guys sit there filling 26 pages with inane and idle chatter .

Put that energy into playing rather ?

This is a moot point, unless there are plans to buff everything to ridiculous levels. Either that or, ton for ton, ECM would still be superior to all comparable things.

Edited by StalaggtIKE, 20 February 2013 - 08:19 PM.

#559 Teralitha

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,188 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:06 PM

ECM is a nerf to situational awareness. A skill, which I was quite good at(am still good at). Good situational awareness can allow you to get the first(and often last)hit on enemy mechs, but now ECM allows you to get the first hit, without having any situational awareness skill at all. Its noob tech.

#560 RANSARI

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 37 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:08 PM

The other reason we keep talking about this issue is because PGI still refuses to provide us with a definitive answer on ECM besides "Give it a chance?" and "lol! U Mad? Learn-2-Play, son!". They say they're working on it. They say they're prepping a Command Chair post that's going to end the debate once and for all. ...They say a lot of things. And guess what?

Two months later, we're still in the same quagmire. So as responsible citizens, we have to keep making noise about the issue, parade ourselves around in front of the Senate building, while continuing to drink from the same poisoned well as everyone else, clinging to our faith in the Devs by a hair thread.

At the rate we're going, I can quite easily see myself not spending another dime until Community Warfare hits. I have all the essential mechs (Atlai and Craven 3L) to compete, so why bother throwing monies at premium stuff I don't need? They already made a fair chunk of change off of me to at close to 200 greenbacks, so I imagine the publisher is pretty happy too.

So... Onwards, I guess?

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users