Ask The Devs 28!

196 replies to this topic

#81 V4d3n

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:33 PM

Stupid question, but it annoys me...
The homescreen is tinny. It only takes up about 1/2 the screen and there's a lot of info on it- shrunk to fit.

Are there any plans to make it bigger? Full screen windowed would be awsome. When you're at this screen, I don't really see why it has to be so small.

#82 Strum Wealh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:57 PM

Are there plans to ever allow certain weapons (such as the AC/20) to be split across multiple locations on a 'Mech?

Without this ability, it seems that certain 'Mechs (such as the KGC-000 and KGC-0000 variants of the King Crab, or the AXM-1N variant of the Axman) would not be able to be properly implemented in MWO... :huh:

#83 Jack Gallows

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:58 PM

WTB Cupholders, make it happen? Need to be able to select Battletech inspired drinks that are sitting in them!

#84 Stone Wall

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,863 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina, USA

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:18 PM

Hey PGI guys,

Which game do you draw more influence from? MechWarrior 3 or MechWarrior 4?

From these games, what have you tried to recreate?

#85 Bloody Moon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 978 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:26 PM

Why is there a Justin Bieber picture in the game files? :huh:

To ask a serious question aswell, are we allowed to develop our own HUDs?

#86 Boaz Roshak

• PipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 96 posts
  • LocationApperently , back on the island

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:17 PM

Puling modules out of mechs and pluging them into others is rather annoying might you consider turining them into toggles where we can select the ones we have unlocked and paid for per mech rather then having them be a time sink to move around. Also at this time there is no way to sell one back .

#87 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,201 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:27 PM

Question 1:
What the frak is that thing in the base? That looks more like a huge platform that was miniaturized to replace the beacons. Any chance of removing it? I think the model is too complex (high poly count) - not to mention it is clearly out of scale. You could use it in a map with its original size instead.

Question 2:
Please consider adding a bonus to the Ferro Fibrous. Something like 6% boost in maximum armor (12%, like proposed by Zyllos might be too much).

Question 3:
Would you please consider remaking the Yen Lo Wang to allow us to upgrade it to the YLW2? Just add 2 energy hardpoints to the Left Arm. Not only the mech would be more attractive, but you could return the CN9-AH (as both would be more different).

Question 4:
Please don't delay too much the next mech announcement (AKA Orion), would you?

Question 5:
Please consider adding the Dragon Yoryioshi as the next hero mech. And the DRG-1G as a playable variant.

Question 6:
I know it is hard to balance (maybe 6 energy hardpoints in the right torso?), but wouldn't you consider to add the Jenner JRN-A variant?

Question 7:
There is a missing Hunchback variant, the HBK-4N, with ballistics, energy and missiles. Could you think about adding it?

End of questions...

View PostStrum Wealh, on 07 December 2012 - 04:57 PM, said:

Are there plans to ever allow certain weapons (such as the AC/20) to be split across multiple locations on a 'Mech?

Without this ability, it seems that certain 'Mechs (such as the KGC-000 and KGC-0000 variants of the King Crab, or the AXM-1N variant of the Axman) would not be able to be properly implemented in MWO... :)

Or Arrow IV...

Edited by Odanan, 08 December 2012 - 12:53 PM.

#88 Ashnod

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,636 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:00 PM

Q1: When should we expect to see environmental damage? eg. destroying buildings, lamp posts, tree's, etc and to what extent are your plans for this, how much can be interacted with/destroyed? Any chance of seeing important area's of terrain itself change due to weapons fire, the ledges of cauldera and so fourth?

Q2: Whats your plan's for critical hit's on systems like actuator's sensor's, life support etc? how much will be able to be hit and what should we expect to see happened when there damaged / destroyed?

Q3: How pink will rhonda snord's highlander be when you finally release it as a hero mech? And will it have awesome speaker's on the outside that you can blast music with like lore describes it having?

#89 Ashnod

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,636 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:31 PM

Q4: if your not going to increase DHS to 2.0 would it be possible to have a heat nerf on the larger energy weapons like ER PPC's and ER large lasers to make them more viable?

#90 WraithMandaka

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 37 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:47 PM

When will we be able to create our own matches with our own groups. I really want to be able to try some things with and against my own clan.
Thanks
Wraith

#91 New Breed

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,028 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:48 PM

What's the deal with damage models? They don't work on 5 computers (3 of my own, and 2 brothers). Sure, I see arms blown off and smoke.. but that's it.A mech will look brand new until destroyed. (Yes everything is updated and yes everything is on max) I've never seen the under damage model that's suppose to show when you get hit. I've seen ONE picture of it in the past, I believe it was a cent with wires exposed in the chest and everything. Was it pulled or is it in game and you guys just don't know it doesn't work? Thanks.

#92 Butane9000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,788 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:17 PM

First question - Are you using this as a general guide for adding in weapons and battlemechs: http://www.sarna.net...:_3050_Revised?

Second Question - Per the updated content road map thread in the command chair section (http://mwomercs.com/...ember-4th-2012/) the Spider is listed to be released before the Trebuchet. My question is this because you are looking to overhaul the jump jet system to go with it or just a unannounced change from the release schedule?

Third Question - Will you ever add he HBK-4N variant to the game? It seems to be the only Hunchback variant that is missing.

Edited by Butane9000, 07 December 2012 - 10:21 PM.

#93 MightyMeatShield

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 166 posts
  • LocationWest Coast!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:25 PM

When are the credits going to make it in the game?

What's a rough target quarter/year for community warfare?

#94 Rhetorical

• PipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 29 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:47 PM

Will we be able to paint the hero mechs in our own colour schemes but keep the design as is ?

#95 INAPPROPRIATE NAME 0001

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 144 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:16 AM

I cannot quite recall if this was ever answered or if one was given in the general discussion thread, but, with the Introduction of the $30 Ilya I brook the issue once more: Why don't hero mechs come with their own free mechbay? And if you do change this, will you retroactively give all currently purchased hero mechs their own mechbays?

Edited by INAPPROPRIATE NAME 0001, 08 December 2012 - 12:19 AM.

#96 Teralitha

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,188 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:21 AM

Did any member of the design team ever play in any competitive planetary leagues in MW4? Or any previous mechwarrior?

#97 Argent Usher

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 154 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:58 AM

Another ECM question:

The current version seems to be a very advanced for IS tech (cough cough).
It seem to be able jamming of multiple frequencies and works very effective in close range especially versus locks of SSRMs.
Why the ECM mech or other friendly mechs can use SSRMs especially in close range (<180m) ?

#98 Norris J Packard

• 1,972 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:06 AM

In the Feature Roadmap thread, there is an update concerning the economy set for the 18th.

Can you give any hints at all to what this actually means?

#99 Major Starscream

• PipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 50 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:32 AM

Not sure if this was already answered but here goes.

1. Will it be possible to preconfigure a Mech in Mechlab before you buy it? I hate being dependant on 3rd party out of game tools to check that.
2. Any ETA on collision model being reimplemented?
3. Can we expect any form of enviromental damage?
4. Any chance of seeing some cokpit damage ie. broken glass, HUD flickering or something like that when Mech is about to go down?
5. Is it possible to add Bitching Betty voice when entering game? Reactor online, sensors online, weapons online. All systems nominal.
6. Any christmas or new year gifts for players maybe? Extra Mech bay, free skin, maybe a few MC's? :ph34r:

Thanks and keep up the good work.

#100 Fle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 802 posts
  • LocationDieron, Fort Winston

Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:38 AM

Q1: i`ve noted that server extremly sensitive to client connection quality, and trying to drop client with only first signs of network problem on client side, since there is no way (in current state) to return in match, could you spare some extra love to server, so he became abit more frendly to clients with poor connection quality? As example LoL server before kicking you out waiting for some time trying to reconnect.
Q2: earlyer there was "player online counter" in lobby, why you remooved it, and when you bring it back?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users