Ask The Devs 28!

196 replies to this topic

#61 Jack Gallows

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:56 PM

Might there be an idea for an achievement type system, or something that would let players strive for more then just killing others or base capping, (and whatever other game modes are forthcoming, obviously,) and getting C-Bills/XP for it. And not necessarily achievements like you see on X-box or in certain other platforms where something pops up and gives you meaningless points....possibly MC. Say you reach a milestone, 100 wins, and you reward is 20 MC or something of the sort. Reach 500 assists, and you get 50, etc. Values obviously would be different based on what PGI would like.

Small incentives that might push someone over that little edge when they look at an item and go "@#%^% I'm 20 MC from buying this Hula Doll!!" Might help gear it toward things that help a team mentality or helping PGI find bugs/etc so that it can be used to benefit player and game.

Edited by Jack Gallows, 07 December 2012 - 02:01 PM.

#62 Livewyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,733 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:02 PM

when can we expect battle map commander options like artillery strikes and such? also what can we expect? sensor sweeps and the like?

#63 Maver0ick

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 228 posts
  • Locationbehind you

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:11 PM

Will we have a P.F. Chang Hero mech?

#64 Synra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 797 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:11 PM

Here are two good questions:

1. Can you please explain exactly what Beagle Active Probe currently does in MWO? I haven't found an official explanation on the forums, and I don't want to make assumptions based on the TT rules.

2. I recently saw a great detailed explanation of how Critical hits currently work. It explained that all items currently have 10 HP, while engines have 15 and gauss now has 3. What I want to know, is what exactly do critical hits do to ammo to cause explosions? Do individual tons of ammo each have 10 HP? Or worded differently, do I need to inflict 10 points of damage to a block of ammo in order to make it explode? On the same subject, what does the critical system do with Gauss ammo, considering it doesn't explode? Does the person's Gauss ammo at least disappear if you crit it?

Edited by Synra, 07 December 2012 - 02:12 PM.

#65 Phoenix Branson

• Legendary Founder
  • 1,173 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:18 PM

Can you share the dates you plan to release mech concept art for MWO?

Edited by Maverick01, 07 December 2012 - 02:20 PM.

#66 Flying Blind

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 776 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:21 PM

maybe these are requests more than questions but here goes:

C3 has great potential, could we please get it set up so that it will drop players into the same chat channel as they are put together by the match maker? that way PUGs who choose to use voice chat will find themselves automatically able to talk to each other.

until we can have all the weapon values displayed in the game can we at least have the weapon values post re-posted and kept updated as things change? there was a lot of very useful information in that post and it is gone since open beta.

#67 Bors Mistral

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 313 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:23 PM

- With an eventual release of a map editor, would you consider running monthly user-made map competition and including the best of those in the official game rotation?

- Triple-Slot-Heatsinks - can we please get the detailed reasoning for the current Engine 2.0 / Rest 1.4 disparity. We know PGI thinks 2.0 on all would be too high, but we'd still like to know why the current system is the way it is as it, frankly, makes no sense.

#68 Zynk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts
  • LocationTucson

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:34 PM

Will you change the centering command [C] from "center torso to legs" to "center legs to torso" so the mech heads in the direction your looking?

#69 Mazgazine1

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 368 posts
  • LocationLondon, Ontario

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:48 PM

Will there be more multiplayer changes then just "phase 3"?

Like "trial only" battles, free-for-alls, team elimination (no bases)?

How do you feel about the current progression of a new player?
Do a lot of new players buy a mech outright, or do they go through the process of gaining enough Cbills for a light or medium?

Have you tried playing only trials and tested how long it takes to gain enough to buy a mech? How long did it take?

#70 Solis Obscuri

Don't Care How I Want It Now!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 4,751 posts
  • LocationPomme de Terre

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:07 PM

• Why did you design ECM in such a way that it obviates the existing role/information warfare dynamic between scouts, spotters, and fire support, and that there is no available counter outside of fighting expensive LosTech with expensive LosTech?
  • Can we have ARAD LRMs 7 years early as a Christmas present? I promise I've been good all year...
  • When is the CN9-AH coming back?
  • Any updates on the timeline for implementing the Community/Faction warfare features? I'm looking forward to the new maps and game mode that have been announced, but I'm still champing at the bit for the metagame that will tie it all together.
  • What happened to the old forum's "Advanced Search" options? I haven't been able to find them since the forums rolled to the new Open Beta format, and I miss the functionality. :huh:
  • Has any thought been given to slightly buffing the RoF of the AC/10? Right now it lags behind both the AC/5 and AC/20 in DoT.
  • GXP gain seems very slow relative to module unlocks currently. Is unlocking modues meant to be this grindy, or is it just that way currently because we have relatively few modules to work towards?

#71 Jman5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:08 PM

One interesting feature on Caustic Valley is that the Caldera impacts a mech's heat requiring a player to tread carefully around there. Are there any more plans to create these sorts of unique additions to more maps adding strategic depth? Any examples?

Edited by Jman5, 07 December 2012 - 03:08 PM.

#72 Sedit

• PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:13 PM

can i get all my xp i spent leveling cats up to max back so i can spend it on another mech that was not designed to use LRM's?

#73 Dark Radiance

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 30 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:18 PM

Q: NARC Beacons seem extremely weak compared to say the TAG, especially given their weight and ammo cost. Is there any plan to buff their effectiveness? (e.g. removing line of sight requirement, broadcasting through ECM, longer duration, etc.)

Q: The Advanced Zoom Module produces a very poor digitally zoomed picture, making it worse than regular optical Zoom. Is there any plan to make this module worth the GXP and the C-Bill cost by providing a better image?

#74 Grimlox

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 511 posts
  • LocationBC, Canada

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:23 PM

I heard there will be an offering similar to the founders program but different closer to release. Can you confirm and offer details on timeline and potential offerings.

I know there are many others late to the party that would jump at the chance for a package of similar value to the founders program. Please let me know.

#75 Redliner

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 76 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:31 PM

View PostCeribus, on 07 December 2012 - 10:31 AM, said:

Are you guys willing to look at and re-evaluate your pricing model? If you dropped your prices I think you'd see a fairly large jump in profit due much higher total sales

I agree. I would give you lots of money... IF I thought I was getting decent value out of my money. As it stands, you have my founders money, and that is all you are getting until MC prices come down.

#76 RotS Targe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 319 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:32 PM

How optional will be community warfare be?
I play with a group of friends, but we lack the numbers and coordination to be a real force, so I do not like the idea of being forced into organized fights, which we would be near impossible to take part in.

#77 Farix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 890 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:51 PM

You have said in the last "Ask the Devs" session that PGI will not be buffing double heat sinks performance to 2.0 like it is in the TT because it discourages builds using normal heat sinks. Then why not improving the performance of normal heat sinks to make them a more practical option in a build?

#78 Glowhollow

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 126 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:57 PM

Hello there again !

1. Regarding to the 3rd Person View Discussion - will there be a implemented "Mechcommander" Vision - from Above (like the artillery in World of Tanks) - for the Commander ?

2. The Command Console - will it be for a additional Pilot without choosing a Mech ?

3. Will there more Nav Points in the Command-Map - than Alpha ?

Thats all !

#79 Xatik

• PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  • LocationSumy, Ukraine

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:15 PM

Should I wait for statistics wipe? (Hope it will come)

#80 Loc Nar

• 1,132 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:32 PM

What is the most effective thing(s) that we, the beta player base, can do to assist PGI in their efforts?

-Loc

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users