Q: When do we get Slug for LB-X AC10?

#42 WardenWolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:03 PM

View PostJimSan, on 07 December 2012 - 11:56 AM, said:

Not sure if asked before but also regarding PPCs and their hopefully added static effect, would they do anything against ECM at all?
a somewhat poor mans ECCM by shooting the ECM mech with PPC, their ECM is scrambled for a couple of seconds, long enough to target anything they are hiding normally again till their ECM reboots?

If they don't re-balance ECM, I think this could be a very interesting mini-counter! If they do 'fix' ECM, though, then I would avoid something like this.

#43 Irvine

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 289 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:11 PM

With the Stalker( and later Trebuchet) coming out in the next few patches, how does PGI plan to make them viable? They are too missile heavy in a ECM metagame. Would the release of the Stalker 3Fb be viable?

#44 Vexgrave Lars

Former Dictionary

• Knight Errant
  • 1,119 posts
  • LocationParticle and Wave

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:12 PM

When do we get collisions and physics back?

#45 Lonestar1771

• 1,991 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:22 PM

View PostWardenWolf, on 07 December 2012 - 12:02 PM, said:

I think the 90 days was supposed to be after *launch*, not open beta. I believe the planned progression is still this:

Closed Beta
Open Beta (we are in it!)
Launch
Community Warfare (about 90 days after Launch)
Clan Invasion (presumably depends on some of the infrastructure from CW)

Hope this isn't case.

#46 Lusankya

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 286 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:24 PM

Are 12 vs 12 matches still in the plans for MWO?

Will there be maps where Drop Ships will play a prominent role in defending/attacking?

Edited by Lusankya, 07 December 2012 - 12:27 PM.

#47 Nash

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 658 posts
  • LocationGermany, Freiburg

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:26 PM

1.) You already know that question, don't you? :( Would the devs dress up as hula girls and make a pic which could be used as cockpit item?

2.) As Bryan Ekman was announcing at his post "Feature Roadmap - Updated December 4Th, 2012" that there is work at the Statistics done but he wasn't really precise what kind of statistics that are. Could you give us some more info there about? e.g. does that mean that there will be at the user profile stats also assists and co.? (if yes, give us some more details please :) )

3.) With the phase 3 matchmaking system...how will it affect the groups? I suppose as soon as 1 group joins at the same formation as always and they will everytime win and the matchmaking system is only checking for groups which are likewise successful, it will be hard for that group to find opponents. So is the matchmaking system also including benefits for groups who might succeed against groups which are more successful and have a better rating?

4.) I miss some official videos...are there coming more? (e.g. I missed the intro videotrailer for the cataphract) ^^

#48 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:29 PM

Will the planned PPC's impact-EMP have a purely aesthetic effect (merely disrupt the visual appearence of the HUD and/or cockpit monitors), or will it additionally induce functional deficits on the affected Mech (such as broken missile locks, unlocking targeted opponents, reducing the effectiveness of ECM, etc.)?

Edited by Prosperity Park, 07 December 2012 - 12:31 PM.

#49 DrnkJawa

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 488 posts
  • LocationIn an urbie aiming at your crotch

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:33 PM

Any plans to change the way the paint system works?
And when the hell are we getting an ECM non-scout medium mech?

#50 Monky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,219 posts
  • LocationHypothetical Warrior

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:43 PM

Given all the community feedback on ECM, how is PGI looking at the current and future implementation of it? Fix/Change/Keep/Etc? Buff other stuff as an alternative?

Inquiring minds must know.

#51 Krzysztof z Bagien

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 710 posts
  • LocationUć, Poland

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:43 PM

Any chance for game servers outside America? Any ETA maybe? Would love to have two-digit ping :)

How about public test server so there would be larger 'sample size' when testing new patch, like something similar to what WoT guys do? I think we really need this, as many of new features seem to be tested only superficially or not at all.

Do you have plans for hotkeys assigned to some basic commands/responses etc. ("Enemy spotted", "Attack my target", "Fall back", "Roger", "Negative" and something like that)?

Are we going to have destructable environment? Any details and/or ETA?

Any plans to change/fix zoom module to make it actually usefull (like 1.5 - 2 x current zoom level instead flat 4x)?

Can we expect some changes to convergence system? Like manual setting or makeing it fix on distance to current target.

Do you like current XP and money reward system and is it final or are you going to change it somehow? Many players don't seem to be happy with what we have now.

And one question on critical hits: can we expect to have more effects besides weapon/equipment destruction? I'm thinking about, for example, jamming of arms/torso (so you can't move them or have only decreased mobility becouse of servo/actuator damage) or some troubles with aiming when targeting computer gets hit.

#52 AGTMADCAT

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 47 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:46 PM

1) When will we be getting some ECM mechs in between 40 and 100 tons? That's an awfully big gap, and one that I think could use filling. =)

2) Any updates on timing of community warfare? Is it being worked on at the moment, or is it very much something for "later"?

Thanks, and keep up the good work!
-AGT

#53 BanditRaptor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 336 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:49 PM

View PostCeribus, on 07 December 2012 - 10:31 AM, said:

Are you guys willing to look at and re-evaluate your pricing model? If you dropped your prices I think you'd see a fairly large jump in profit due much higher total sales

This.

Here's the deal.

The way the game's price model is set up most mechs are stepping stones, throw away mechs, that you use to progress into getting your ultimate, master mech. There's little reason to specialize in one mech until you've maxed out everything.

Because you're using a lot of mechs, and because the objects in the game are priced so high, people are hesitant to buy something like paints that are applied forever on a mech that they won't be using forever. Paints, stickers, logos, etc need to either be made into items you can put on each successive mech as you see fit if you're climbing through the master list tree, or they need to be made so cheap people don't think twice about throwing away that cash towards a mech. I'm talking garage bay cheap.

I mean, that's the trick to getting people to actually spend money. You have to make it such a good deal, they don't think twice. This is why all those shamwows and knife sets you see in commercials give you a second one free if you call right now.

#54 Sp4wNers

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:53 PM

Three questions.
1) When you'll fix most of the most annoying bugs - like mechbay bug, yellow screen bug (no hud) fps bug?

2) When you'll make some "free" stuff for non-founders players. I mean for c-bills (bobbleheads, more camouflage colors and patterns)?

EDIT: Are you answering no founders players in this thread? Because i didn't saw any replay to non founder player.

Edited by Sp4wNers, 07 December 2012 - 01:13 PM.

#55 Jack Gallows

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,824 posts

May we please have confirmation that the Spider and/or Stalker will or will not have a variant that can mount ECM?

Also, how would the SDR-5D and SDR-5V show any uniqueness? They both have the same type and number of hardpoints if we go by their TT variants. Two Beam (well, one's a flamer but it's the same in MW:O) weapons both, everything is identical.

Edited by Jack Gallows, 07 December 2012 - 02:06 PM.

#56 TwigTech

• PipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • 80 posts

View PostCeribus, on 07 December 2012 - 10:31 AM, said:

Are you guys willing to look at and re-evaluate your pricing model? If you dropped your prices I think you'd see a fairly large jump in profit due much higher total sales

I'd like to hear more about this as well. The free to play business model is great, but I worry how three hero mechs could easily equate to the full retail price of a video game. It seems a little steep to me, and definitely has me re-considering what mechs I'll be purchasing in the future.

#57 Thirdrail

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Private
  • Private
  • 169 posts
  • LocationI'm just wandering around.

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:10 PM

1) Can we please have colour change options on Hero and Founder mechs? (With all due apologies for being a squeaky wheel.)

2) How does PGI prioritize the experience of pick up game players and new players with premade teams using voice? (It's really two completely different games out there. Things like ECM, for example, make premade teams much more fun, while throwing pick up play into chaos.) Is one group of players more important to PGI than the other?

As you wander around the forums discussing these things, the "Join a group or go boink yourself, this was always meant to be a team game!!!" sentiment is not exactly uncommon. A few words from you guys on the subject might help temper the notion that anyone who doesn't install a bunch of out-of-game voice clients and join a clan is meant to be a second class citizen in the MechWarrior Online community.

#58 Captain N

Rookie

• 3 posts
  • LocationTrapped in Video Land

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:25 PM

Out of curiosity, are the Christmas items selling well at their current price? I know you guys can't release actual numbers, but as someone who is very interested in game sales metrics, i was wondering if you could give me a ballpark number.

Also, what brand of Microwave do you own?

#59 ExecutorImperious

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:31 PM

What is your stance on scripts (programs like AutoHotKey) and macros (programmable sequences in driver programs for various mice and keyboards)? It's worth noting that there seem to be a group of people using an external program to "play matches" for them. I used scare quotes because this is presumably actions to make the player not explicitly seem afk. I'll send an email to the support team if I find the google docs posts that contain these scripts.

#60 DOTSGEMINI

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 81 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:54 PM

Out of curiosity, would it be possible to implement a system within the matchmaking structure to have a balance of the classes when the matchmaking starts. The other day, I joined a lobby and more than half of our team were light mechs, the other team had a balanced composition and destroyed us about 3minutes into the game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users