Weekly Review - Dec. 7Th

22 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:45 PM

Weekly Review – Dec. 7th

Wow, is it December already? Time is really flying!

This week started with Ask The Devs 27 – Answers, but quickly kicked into high gear with a big patch Tuesday. We introduced a new Hero Mech - the Ilya Muromets – which is quite popular. If I had to guess, it MIGHT have something to do with having a ton of AC’s attached :) We also added ECM to absolutely no complaints, and a whole plethora of holiday items for your cockpit – including Santlas, Snowesome, Commandelf, Christmas lights, and more! On top of THAT we added back 8 vs. 8 mode, and the groups have really been hurling themselves at eachother. We love seeing your games on youtube, by the way!

We also added a hotfix patch to fix the ‘jamming’ of weapons incorrectly. Kudos to Thomas for putting up with me trying to explain the problem to him.

We also added a new screenshot, of my beautiful Candy Cane Cicada 2B. What does everyone think – perfect amount of festive? It certainly is eye catching :( Thanks for tuning in, and we hope you all have a great weekend!

Cheers, The MechWarrior Online Team

#2 Bodach

• PipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 35 posts
  • LocationCentral Time Zone, USA

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:00 PM

No offense, but if you think there were no complaints about ECM, you obviously haven't been reading the same forums as I have.

#3 Devil Fox

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 1,393 posts
  • LocationThe Fox Den

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:05 PM

Wasn't impressed with the screenshot, just smacks of cheap last minute (how about a screenie from the new map incoming?). But no complaints with ECM... guess you must've blocked your community managers from your office because your 'ECM feedback' is up to 50 pages and I've seen no less to 5 viable modifications to ECM as it is implemented to be more effective.

At present 8v8 is DDC ECM wars, and whilst it removed the threat of streaks unless you were counter ECM, it made the game even more brawler centric and LRM's redundant in a great number of scenarios. Throw in overpriced vanity items and hero mech and well, overall this week is not as bright and happy sounding as you want to believe.

#4 Zyllos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:14 PM

Yaaa...I have to agree. Initally, people said it was great. But after about a day or two, players began to see the issues with ECM.

While I think the overall design of ECM is great, they need to modify many of the numbers regarding it.

Should reduce sensor range by 50% (not 75%). Counter ECM should go out to 360m or more. ECM should counter all ECMs in an area instead of on the 1:1 ratio.

But, there is plenty of threads on this so I will hold my thoughts back.

#5 elsie

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • LocationWay over there on the left

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:19 PM

View PostBodach, on 07 December 2012 - 02:00 PM, said:

No offense, but if you think there were no complaints about ECM, you obviously haven't been reading the same forums as I have.

I think he was being sarcastic or facetious. Personally, I prefer the latter.

elsie

#6 Orzorn

• 3,327 posts
  • LocationComanche, Texas

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:21 PM

Its poking fun at the players. If you read the patch notes, they did the same thing.

I personally think its pretty funny.

#7 Jetfire

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,746 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:38 PM

Lol,

View PostOrzorn, on 07 December 2012 - 02:21 PM, said:

Its poking fun at the players. If you read the patch notes, they did the same thing.

Pretty sure at this point it is either make jokes or go insane. Gotta be pretty stressful and really we are gamers... have a sense of humor, this isn't the cure for cancer.

#8 Elder Thorn

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,422 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:51 PM

View PostOrzorn, on 07 December 2012 - 02:21 PM, said:

well yes, it's funny, but i imagine, some people are to pissed to get some fun atm, mostly due to so called netcode bugs and crashes. Lucky me, i am ok with the ECM, so this doesn't add up to my pissed of state :huh:

#9 Cerlin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 922 posts
  • LocationCalifornia or Japan

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:52 PM

Glad to see the dev's trolling us a little bit too. I am glad they take feedback by try to make the best game possible and follow their own vision too. This balance will lead to the best game possible I think. Keep doing a good job gents. (Ill even keep buying MC if you give me a reason too.)

Edited by Cerlin, 07 December 2012 - 02:53 PM.

#10 Garth Erlam

• 2,756 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • YouTube: Link
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:57 PM

Glad quite a few people caught that :huh:

#11 Kilgore

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 153 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:00 PM

View PostCerlin, on 07 December 2012 - 02:52 PM, said:

I am glad they take feedback by try to make the best game possible and follow their own vision too.

I just wish PGI would come out and admit that ECM needs a tweak so that we can all stop spending so much time trying to explain how we feel about it. Surely there is enough feedback already.

#12 Ryvucz

Zunrith

• 2,839 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs, Colorado

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:09 PM

View PostGarth Erlam, on 07 December 2012 - 02:57 PM, said:

Glad quite a few people caught that :huh:

Unfortunately, not everyone has a sense of humor. =P

#13 Devil Fox

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 1,393 posts
  • LocationThe Fox Den

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:46 PM

View PostRyvucz, on 07 December 2012 - 03:09 PM, said:

Unfortunately, not everyone has a sense of humor. =P

It has to be humorous in context... and really it wasn't a smart play of words, or interesting in any form. Just a slap in the face troll statement, and the only way to defeat a troll is with logic then ignorance.

#14 Evinthal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 660 posts
  • LocationGig Harbor, Wa

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:01 PM

Offense intended, I'm not even going to lie: If you haven't figured out how to counter ECM by now you are pretty stupid.

I don't feel any pity for chumps still rolling 6 SSRM-2s on a Catapult A1. At least put a couple of SRM-6 on it. Or people who are all LRM boats.

Let me guess developers stole your no skill lock and fire sweet roll.

Maybe learn to pilot better? :huh:

Good joke statement by the Devs in the original post though, made me laugh.

The only two thing wrong with ECM is SSRMs not being able to dumb fire as normal SRMs do, and maybe, maybe no LRM lock. But hey, Counter ECM or Tag solves that. But do people learn this? Nah. Nah man... ***** on the forums instead of improving one's skills. <_<

Though a drop limit on 8v8 or weight balancing for it would be nice. I'm sure that will come in due time though.

Edited by Evinthal, 07 December 2012 - 04:04 PM.

#15 Socket7

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  • LocationCapping your base

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:07 PM

I love ECM. Makes using the MK1 eyeball so much more important, and thermal vision can now be a huge asset even in warmer maps. Just today I was able to spot a whole team of ECM cloaked mechs with the thermal cam.

It didn't help us win because there is no way to patch poor teamwork, but it was pretty neat to be able to do.

It's got some balance issues, but they'll be worked out. Probably by increasing the range of TAG or something.I'm hardly one to ask about what should be done.

#16 Joe3142

Slothstronaut

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 958 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:56 PM

I think that the Christmas items are well overpriced, Im no professional but it seems common sense to me that they would make more money by lowering the item prices, then more people would buy them. I would love to get some chritmas stuff in my cockpits, but just cannot get around the pricing.

#17 Pr8Dator

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,306 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSeoul, Korea

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:32 PM

Just "a ton" of ACs? :) more like MANY tons of ACs! LOL!

#18 verybad

• 4,229 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:43 PM

You must be joking because that was an obviously sarcastic mention in his post...

#19 Mounty

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 220 posts
  • LocationOrange, NSW, Australia

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:00 AM

View PostEvinthal, on 07 December 2012 - 04:01 PM, said:

Offense intended, I'm not even going to lie: If you haven't figured out how to counter ECM Gauss by now you are pretty stupid.

Oh wait they nerfed it anyway.
Might as well do the same to ECM.

#20 Bad Electric

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 174 posts
  • LocationChantilly Va

Posted 08 December 2012 - 08:32 AM

well I for one am happy to be playing BT again. I will admit to being really pissed about frame bug and posting frustration about it on forums. the game was unplayable, liken it to any sport you are into and all of a sudden can't do it (fishing, hunting, racing etc).

anyway, since I found a work around for frame rate bug and can now play I am content with the idea that they are working methodicly towards an end. I like the increased level of communication and the fact that they have a sense of humor.

the task they are endeavoring on is not easy. just remember we are in BETA.

I could go on about stuff I don't like about 8 man, ecm etc. but in the end, it is evolving, we are all testers (forum feedback helps believe it or not), they are changing things based on feedback and we are all playing battletech again!!!

keep working on it guys (devs) you'll get there.
thanks for the efforts!
B E

15 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 15 guests, 0 anonymous users