Game Unacceptably Buggy

20 replies to this topic

#1 Klaen

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 20 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:13 AM

I really don't like negative threads, but in all honesty the game is currently unacceptably buggy. I have crashed no less than a dozen times this evening trying to enjoy a night's gaming, and I sincerely wish I was joking, but my kinship members can validate this claim (they have had the privilege of watching me drop out one out of three matches).

The only work around I have found to fix this is to restart my PC. I find it totally lame that people are surgically removing textures to try and work around this. I won't be heading down this path to sort the problem out, I'll be imploring (via this thread) Piranha to sort it out ASAP.

I wish the issue was limited to my drop-outs, but my weekend has been filled with nothing but online angst from players about UI bugs and drop-outs / crashes.

I have no idea why there isn't a frothing horde of fans out there complaining about these issues...

I apologise for the nerd rage, but at crash #13 I felt the need to vent.

#2 Thorn Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:30 AM

View PostKlaen, on 08 December 2012 - 05:13 AM, said:

I have no idea why there isn't a frothing horde of fans out there complaining about these issues...

Oh, there is. It's just not THAT big, as strangly enough only a minority of players suffers constantly from CTDs and such.

#3 Lyteros

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 456 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:37 AM

There is a lot of rabble and constructive criticism in the forums. Just read a bit. I'd recommend trying to get into the constructive tries to point out errors and suggest (HELPFUL) changes. It might help all of the community, even if it takes a while.

View PostThorn Hallis, on 08 December 2012 - 05:30 AM, said:

Oh, there is. It's just not THAT big, as strangly enough only a minority of players suffers constantly from CTDs and such.

The delusioned whiteknights who are constantly playing everything down and try to push their escapism mentality on others can also be found in all those threads everywhere. Most commonly you can recognize them by "It's beta" excuses without further arguments.

Edited by Lyteros, 08 December 2012 - 05:38 AM.

#4 Thorn Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:14 AM

View PostLyteros, on 08 December 2012 - 05:37 AM, said:

The delusioned whiteknights who are constantly playing everything down and try to push their escapism mentality on others can also be found in all those threads everywhere. Most commonly you can recognize them by "It's beta" excuses without further arguments.

Whatever leaves your pillow dry at night...

#5 Inviticus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:26 AM

I've never experienced a single crash but then again I've only been playing a week at most.

#6 Rannos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts
  • LocationKaetetôã

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:32 AM

Have you tried actually remedying your problem by going through tech support or was that getting in the way of starting yet another "WTF GAME IS BORKEN!!" thread?

#7 Terran123rd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 442 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:50 AM

View PostRannos, on 08 December 2012 - 06:32 AM, said:

Have you tried actually remedying your problem by going through tech support or was that getting in the way of starting yet another "WTF GAME IS BORKEN!!" thread?

Maybe instead of being @$$holes and attacking people, we could, perhaps, be civilized and nice, and direct people to the link to support (http://mwomercs.com/support) and suggest that they report their problem directly, as the forum isn't really the best way to give bug reports or request technical assistance from PGI.

Back on topic.....

I've only ever experienced 1 disconnect my entire time playing, and I've been here since closed beta. I can count on the fingers on one hand the number of bugs that I've encountered, and on the fingers of the other hand how many times I've encountered them. If anything, the game gets more stable for me every patch.

If you haven't already, I'd suggest airing your complaints with support (http://mwomercs.com/support). It's the easiest way to make sure that someone at PGI sees them, and the people at support are quick to respond and are always helpful.

#8 Rannos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts
  • LocationKaetetôã

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:06 AM

I'd assume he could see the giant support thing at the top of the screen. But your right, I should treat everyone here like a child. Thank you, Terran123ABC, for being a bigger ******* than me.

Also, if you want a response before the weekend is over, you should really go here http://mwomercs.com/...player-support/ and check to see if someone else had the same problem.

Edited by Rannos, 08 December 2012 - 07:08 AM.

#9 herosson

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:10 AM

OP, I feel your pain, the game is a crash fest for me as well.

#10 WhiteRabbit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 377 posts
  • Locationover there

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:29 AM

anyone else noticed that you tend to crash more often directly after changing your mech?

btw I only crash about once or twice a week

Edited by WhiteRabbit, 08 December 2012 - 07:31 AM.

#11 nom de guerre

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • LocationNew Avalon

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:32 AM

Most likely because there isn't a frothing horde affected by these issues on a constant basis...

#12 SeaGrizzly

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 35 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:41 AM

I also would love to weigh in on the crashes I get in the past 7 matches I have had one no hud game, two Mech lab crashes requiring restart of the game. One Black screen.

Also in that time I have seen 3 people in chat tell our team they have the 4 FPS bug and 1 yellow screen.

Its not a rare occurrence and it happens to a very large percentage of the players. It needs to be addressed.

#13 silverback fuomo

• PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:58 AM

because of the myriad pc configurations out there it is difficult to pinpoint a ctd. however i agree that working with support is the best way to go. i have had several problems, and the response by support has been wonderful, timely, and fixed my issues.

#14 M4NTiC0R3X

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 08:03 AM

Sorry to hear that, I too have been experiencing more than just lag lately... from funny colored skies to no HUD // yellow HUD // 'mechs falling through the ground after the match ( that was pretty cool, looked like a mortal kombat awesome lol. ) // to mini - maps not functioning properly or at all. It's unfortunate because rarely am I in a game of 8 v 8 it's usually 8 v 7 or 6 (partially 'cos of d bags and now more commonly from bugs.)

I can live with it those things here and there ^ alright... just disconnect or try to fight blind... iono.. slightly bugs me that those count on my stats but... I can hang in there on that stuff. What I can't deal with even in it's slightest form is teleportation.

It drives me absolutely insane when I'm piloting my 'mech well and suddenly pop into 180 degree angle turn facing a wall standing there getting blown to bits by the enemy. From teleportation lag yes. Or from ha ha hax I don't know but it ****** me off BAD!

edit: The thing is, is that, i'm getting sick and tired of hearing critical damage every time my 'mech decides to do something stupid.

Edited by M4NTiC0R3X, 08 December 2012 - 08:08 AM.

#15 Wizard Steve

• 1,053 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 08:08 AM

When you're done playing tonight, try the following:

Uninstall the game via the Control Panel then delete the following folders:
C:\Games\Piranha Games\MechWarrior Online
C:\Users\*Your Windows Session’s ID*\AppData\Local\Package Cache
C:\Users\*Your Windows Session’s ID*\AppData\Local\TEMP\MechWarrior Online

(If some of the folders above do not exist, this is not a problem)

Reboot your computer.

When rebooted, download the new patcher from http://mwomercs.com/game/download and run it. In the morning, you'll have a fresh install and you'll just need to reset your keybinds and graphic options.

It won't fix everything but it's worth a try.

You might also want to try updating your drivers or even experimenting with older versions.

If this sounds like too much hassle, just delete "C:\Games\Piranha Games\MechWarrior Online\USER\Shaders" and restart the client. That can often help.

You could also restart the client every hour or so but if you're crashing that often, that's probably not going to help.

I've noticed that I CTD more often when my Internet is playing up (I live 6km from the nearest telephone exchange) so anything you can do to improve your network connection might help.

Hope some of that proves useful.

#16 King Arthur IV

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 2,549 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 11:59 AM

i get a few crashes everyday. this game need help

#17 Klaen

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 20 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:48 PM

Thank you Steve - I very much appreciate your advice.

Just for the record, I did spend quite some time trawling the support forums looking for advice and beyond the deletion of the Shaders folder I really couldn't find anything as useful as what Steve has taken the time to post in his thread.

I apologise if this had been posted elsewhere, I just hadn't been able to find it.

It's a shame there aren't more mature community members such as those whom provided constructive advice in the above thread.

#18 Klaen

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 20 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 12:43 AM

Ack! I ran through Wizard Steve's advice and am now unable to download the client due to it returning an MD5 hash fail error at the 1.2 gig mark of the patch download...

I have cleaned the system, modified and dropped the firewall, ceased my anti-virus and nothing seems to get me over this error so after about 8-10 attempts at re-installing and downloading I am walking away from MWO until it these issues are fixed (well it's kind of imposed by the patcher really consider I can't download/install the damn game now!). Comical really.

Yes I have logged a support request with my DxDiag file attached...

Have fun in the Inner Sphere, at least it will be less whiney with me out until they fix the MD5 error...

#19 Zero Neutral

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,107 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 09 December 2012 - 12:46 AM

I really don't like negative threads, but

#20 Wizard Steve

• 1,053 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 12:59 AM

Sorry to here that Klaen. Hope you get it sorted soon.

11 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 11 guests, 0 anonymous users