Ask The Devs 28 - Answers!

75 replies to this topic

#21 Asmosis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:16 PM

View PostWardenWolf, on 10 December 2012 - 02:34 PM, said:

Alright community, we have one week to guess / place bets - will it be a variant of Caustic or River City? I think Caustic would make for a cooler night map, especially if it stayed cloud-covered and got nearly pitch black... but the current night vision mode seems to only work on close-up stuff, so I think River City is more likely. Any other thoughts?

City map would really bring out the claustrophobic feeling, walking down all those dark alley ways.

#22 Sulf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:18 PM

No response to questions about potential for changes to the broken pricing system...

#23 steelblueskies

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 396 posts
  • Locationohio

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:21 PM

as always, thank you for the replies you do get out, garth.

#24 Pugastrius

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 196 posts
  • LocationOn Top of Your Dead Mech

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:32 PM

you do not need master for ecm. any one with ddc can get it. correction all with ddc are geting it. it the must gave killing tool or ez mode.

Think you missed the point, yes all Atlas D-DCs get the ECM without any upgrades. Unfortunately, the 2x basics is too important of a bonus to pass up. As such, any pilot worth their tonnage, is forced to get all three Atlases just to pilot the D-DC to it's maximum potential.

Assuming the pilot wouldn't have otherwise gotten any of the Atlases if it weren't for the (blatently OP) ECM, then the pilot could have upwards of 40 Million C-bills riding on whether it is toned down.

Edited by Pugastrius, 10 December 2012 - 04:33 PM.

#25 Rahjan Tyrian

Rookie

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 9 posts
  • LocationBalingen

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:54 PM

So in our team we have 2-3 people have the missile boats and 1-2 ECM Mechs if all works out right the very good work. It only whine who specialize total and now have no chance

#26 warp103

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 342 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Locationdaytona Beach fl

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:16 PM

View PostLt Limpy, on 10 December 2012 - 04:05 PM, said:

It's funny how much hypocrisy bubbles to the surface when bred by complaining videos/rage posts like this. Funny, because it hasn't even been a full week since ECM and already I'm noticing a small decline in the "everything ECM" craze. Everyone loves their own "uber" builds until something new comes along and forces them out of their safety bubble and makes them think of new strategies. And of course when you take away their security blankets they will cry like it's the end of the world. ESPECIALLY you "boaters". You created a very specialized mech which is perfect for a select FEW situations, and in doing so exacerbate the build's weaknesses. You built a BOAT, not a jack of all trades, and now the rock to your scissors is coming to stomp your ***.

Please explain why/how sitting around with a red reticle firing LRMs with impunity at scrubs in the open was so superior to CoD? Give me a break. Guess what, now you and your spotter have to play it smarter.

Despite the massive amount of tears shed during this video, I've both fought with and been fired upon by plenty of LRM's and gauss rifles (today alone, in MOST of my matches) since ECM. I also get hit with LRMs in my ECM mech when, surprise surprise, the enemy gets wind of me and does the smart thing by taking me out/scrambling me ASAP. How is this possibru!?!? I hate to be the one to do this, but when you make stupid absolute qq statements such as this you deserve to get slammed.

ok first videos show issue with the game. No well I say this or that video is proof.
Second show your own show showiness his is wrong. I have posted 7 this month alone 3 under son account{he logged in a i did not know he did}.
I have had 100 matchs since ecm was intro. Number of time i have been shot with gauss or lrm ZERO. Prepatch same 100 matchs, shot with LRM or Guass is every match. SO video is on point I have ZERO fear of LRM or gauss because no one using them or they no longer equip them because that tonnage they can use for there PEW PEW ER Lasers or POW POW ac or uac. Either way the game is down to 400m or less brawling figher. lol So yes CALL OF DUTY MECH or Mech of duty.

AS to you seen less sorry but the number just do not lie ecm on the DDC does not lie. If i did not have a DDC because I have my 4 Mech s but i made sure my 12 year out son is killing and grilling in his DDC lol.So pls give me a fraking break. Ez mode in a month i might get me one too lol just to up my stats.

#27 warp103

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 342 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Locationdaytona Beach fl

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:24 PM

View PostPugastrius, on 10 December 2012 - 04:32 PM, said:

Think you missed the point, yes all Atlas D-DCs get the ECM without any upgrades. Unfortunately, the 2x basics is too important of a bonus to pass up. As such, any pilot worth their tonnage, is forced to get all three Atlases just to pilot the D-DC to it's maximum potential.

Assuming the pilot wouldn't have otherwise gotten any of the Atlases if it weren't for the (blatently OP) ECM, then the pilot could have upwards of 40 Million C-bills riding on whether it is toned down.

You are right, I did but no one is buying for that point. They are for the op ecm. Now for these that are getting all 3 for masters. I tip my hat because you are playing for pride not just the Ez win

#28 Quad Ace

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 179 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:45 PM

Another "Ask the Devs" with no discussion on camo/cockpit item pricing. I am disappoint.

#29 Lonestar1771

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,991 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:48 PM

I like how he avoided all questions about community warfare. At this point ANY update about it would be nice.

#30 JudgeDeathCZ

• The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:26 PM

View PostLonestar1771, on 10 December 2012 - 06:48 PM, said:

I like how he avoided all questions about community warfare. At this point ANY update about it would be nice.

And about ECM.

#31 DerelictTomcat

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 245 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:46 PM

As an assault pilot (currently an Atlas but waiting for my daishi) I laugh at the D-DC being called OP. Currently pushing my D-DC to master as it was the last Atlas I bought. figured I would push that one first then build up my XP for the other two.

My load out for Bam Bam is two ac5's two med lasers and three ssrms 2's since 10 minutes after purchase. I added ECM to be able to use it as a tactic and shutdown the mech I am firing my streaks at. As this happens I have been locked on quite a few times until I switch the ECM back.

Stop making this game MechWinersOnline people.

See you on the battlefield, You will see me chat Bam Bam at the beginning of a match as Die Well wasn't going over very well.

Peace

#32 Volkite

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 205 posts
  • LocationLand of deserts, Spiders, and bad innanet.

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:01 PM

Q: What is your personal reaction when things like the Catapult K2, A1, ECM or Streaks are called OP? Do you laugh? Do you cry? Shake your heads? Something in the middle? [Thorn Harris]
A: I am actually EXTREMELY happy when I see a massive variety of Mechs being called OP - it means we're doing our jobs correctly. In the last week, I've had almost every single chassis called OP in PM's. So I love it, personally :)
That said - I am surprised on occasion. The 'Commando is OP!' threads caught me by surprise. [Garth]

But the majority of those chassis are Catapults.
And the majority of those weapons are able to be boated on the catapult.
In fact all of the weapons.
The OP Commando is one with half a Raidboss in firepower, twice the speed, and ECM. Coupled with the QQ over LRM trench warfare being taken out of the standard game (Thank you thank you thank you) it'll generate a lot of that sentiment.
Perhaps if a less SSRM-capable Commando were to take the ECM?

#33 o0Marduk0o

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,231 posts
  • LocationBerlin, Germany

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:25 PM

You won't get any infos until next year.

#34 Peiper

• The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 1,444 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationA fog where no one notices the contrast of white on white

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:30 PM

How could they ignore the ECM stuff. Is their attitude on Dec. 7th weekly review really be true? (It's the only words they've spoken about it so far, from what I've seen):

This week started withAsk The Devs 27 – Answers, but quickly kicked into high gear with a big patch Tuesday. We introduced a new Hero Mech - the Ilya Muromets – which is quite popular. If I had to guess, it MIGHT have something to do with having a ton of AC’s attached :) We also added ECM to absolutely no complaints, and a whole plethora of holiday items for your cockpit – including Santlas, Snowesome, Commandelf, Christmas lights, and more! On top of THAT we added back 8 vs. 8 mode, and the groups have really been hurling themselves at eachother. We love seeing your games on youtube, by the way!

#35 Peiper

• The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 1,444 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationA fog where no one notices the contrast of white on white

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:34 PM

View PostMerovigian, on 10 December 2012 - 09:01 PM, said:

But the majority of those chassis are Catapults.
And the majority of those weapons are able to be boated on the catapult.
In fact all of the weapons.
The OP Commando is one with half a Raidboss in firepower, twice the speed, and ECM. Coupled with the QQ over LRM trench warfare being taken out of the standard game (Thank you thank you thank you) it'll generate a lot of that sentiment.
Perhaps if a less SSRM-capable Commando were to take the ECM?

It proves that ECM was not the great equalizer in streaks. It's like National Health Care. Tax the people more, and force those who can't afford insurance to buy it INSTEAD of trying to figure out why bandaids and aspirins cost $35 each in the hospital. ADDRESS the PROBLEM instead of buying a Band-Aid big enough to smother a catapult.

#36 charov

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,110 posts
  • LocationLondon - UK

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:39 PM

Interesting answers here, thanks guys!

#37 dal10

• Survivor
  • 4,525 posts
  • Locationsomewhere near a bucket of water and the gates of hell.

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:39 PM

I love surprises, don't you?

#38 Lonestar1771

• 1,991 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:37 PM

View Postdal10, on 10 December 2012 - 10:39 PM, said:

I love surprises, don't you?

I honestly think they were a little to ambitious in the concept dev blog. I would be surprised if half of what they said actually makes it into the game in the way they describe it.

#39 Tarriss Halcyon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 239 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:29 AM

....Aww.... friendly fire penalties? I shoot at friendly Ravens because they're cursed!

Q. What can be done about the curse of the Raven? I.e. a player who regularly scores kills suddenly stops scoring kills and component destructions for around five matches after dropping with an ECM-lacking Raven?

#40 Tarriss Halcyon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 239 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:32 AM

View PostDerelictTomcat, on 10 December 2012 - 07:46 PM, said:

You will see me chat Bam Bam at the beginning of a match as Die Well wasn't going over very well.

My normal pre-match comment comes in two phases - Ravens are cursed in chat, followed by a large/medium laser/pulse laser to an allied Raven's face.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users