Ask The Devs 28 - Answers!

75 replies to this topic

#61 Harleqwin

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 33 posts
  • LocationNiagara Falls

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:45 PM

Q: How pink will rhonda snord's highlander be when you finally release it as a hero mech? And will it have awesome speaker's on the outside that you can blast music with like lore describes it having? [Ashnod]
A: I really really hope we get to make Rhonda Snord's Mech; and if we do, I really hope we get to add external speakers. I don't know if that'll happen, but you can be sure I want it to! [Garth]

WOOT! I have always loved Snord's Irregulars as they chased after history instead of just fighting to fight. I'll buy that mech for sure! I hope the speakers have some kind of ECM like effect, you know, to simulate the LOUD music banging out of them :D

#62 Sp4wNers

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:37 AM

View PostRyvucz, on 11 December 2012 - 12:44 PM, said:

I think it mostly has to do with asking a well formed question, that isn't going to cause the devs an angry backlash for not giving an answer someone would want.

I would also recommend a somewhat easy question, because crazy devs everywhere don't like breaking news about something until it is either close to being released, or isn't going to cause more backlash. (See ECM threads, Role Warfare threads)

Ask something that isn't entirely beaten to death on the forums. (See ECM threads, Streak, Marketing related (MC cost))

As well as ask something that (aside from crazy and easy) is not covered on their dev posts. (Developer's Corner)

Ok, so next time i will ask them hat tey're eating for dinner... Jesus it's stupid. Most stupid thread i've ever seen. oh... And they only answer Founders.

#63 Ryvucz

Zunrith

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,839 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs, Colorado

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:27 AM

View PostSp4wNers, on 13 December 2012 - 09:37 AM, said:

Ok, so next time i will ask them hat tey're eating for dinner... Jesus it's stupid. Most stupid thread i've ever seen. oh... And they only answer Founders.

That could also be why you don't get an answer.

#64 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:08 PM

Let's please be nice, folks. No back-and-forth stuff, no evoking the names of deities in vain, and please keep the facts straight.

#65 Trickster Fox

• PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:18 PM

I would like to know what they are doing to fix the people that are doing aim bot overlays and the other ones such as hit box redux overlay etc. I've been running into so many of them lately.

#66 Evinthal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 660 posts
  • LocationGig Harbor, Wa

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:04 PM

View Postwarp103, on 10 December 2012 - 03:04 PM, said:

All i have to say is any mech is op if it have ecm even your commando / stealth ninja. GIVE ME A FRAKING BREAK. there are 66 pagee in on sec on ecm i have counted the for vs against. for every 1 for there are 3 against . I mean come the frak on. this video says it all.

THANKS FOR turning game in to C.O.D. clone.

Gauss are still around (I do fine in my dual Gauss Muromets...), Still seeing LRMs by competent teams being very effective, and the same with streaks.

Edited by Evinthal, 14 December 2012 - 06:07 PM.

#67 Taemien

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,576 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 15 December 2012 - 04:52 AM

View PostGarth Erlam, on 10 December 2012 - 01:13 PM, said:

Q: What is your personal reaction when things like the Catapult K2, A1, ECM or Streaks are called OP? Do you laugh? Do you cry? Shake your heads? Something in the middle? [Thorn Harris]
A: I am actually EXTREMELY happy when I see a massive variety of Mechs being called OP - it means we're doing our jobs correctly. In the last week, I've had almost every single chassis called OP in PM's. So I love it, personally :P
That said - I am surprised on occasion. The 'Commando is OP!' threads caught me by surprise. [Garth]

I'm glad to see that you are are taking that approach to balance. If both sides of the coin are complaining about the other, then the coin is on its edge and balanced. MWLL did this with their aerospace assests and it worked pretty well. Air users complain about ground and ground complains about air.

The day that a gimp config'd K2 (Gauss) or A1 (Streak), or a 1.5 ton piece of equipment is the sole cause of me losing a match, will be a cold day in hell.

#68 Cicatrix

• PipPip
  • The Cub
  • 41 posts
  • LocationAlshain

Posted 15 December 2012 - 06:15 AM

Thanks for the answers, I can't wait to see what's coming up in the near future.

#69 GetinmyBellah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts
  • LocationWest Palm Beach, USA

Posted 15 December 2012 - 11:38 PM

I have to admit running a full lance of lights is a lot of fun, and no we don't run all 3L's, but it's a lot of fun all the same - we haven't lost a match yet. This game is still in beta and there are going to be balance changes... because we're still in beta perhaps ::scratches head::

Thank you for the answers that were provided regardless, Garth and team. I look forward to this game reaching it's full potential sooner, than later.

<S> Mech-Warriors!

#70 TigrisMorte

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 125 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:00 AM

A: Same maps, but slightly different layouts. Also the starting spawns have been moved around on some maps. [Garth]

Drop command, "Gold leader, Drop into that tiny blind valley and take your mechs along the deep trenches. Be sure not to run any scouts along the high ridge since long range weapons are an abomination and we won't be involved in such "easy mode" warfare!"
Gold lance commander, "Are you F'ing high?!?!? Silver lance; Raven take your high technology detection gear along the upper ridge scan for activity. Jenner keep the raven alive. Archers drop on the high ground, when you get contact from the Raven blow contact to Hades. Bronze lance; take your Griffins and Jenners up the ridge and back. Keep the Archers safe. If any of you march into that ravine, my command lance is going to Gauss your *** off before you can get into that 300 and less meter brawl the idiots on the drop ship seem to be taking bets on."

#71 TB Azrael

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:41 PM

View PostLt Limpy, on 10 December 2012 - 04:05 PM, said:

It's funny how much hypocrisy bubbles to the surface when bred by complaining videos/rage posts like this. Funny, because it hasn't even been a full week since ECM and already I'm noticing a small decline in the "everything ECM" craze. Everyone loves their own "uber" builds until something new comes along and forces them out of their safety bubble and makes them think of new strategies. And of course when you take away their security blankets they will cry like it's the end of the world. ESPECIALLY you "boaters". You created a very specialized mech which is perfect for a select FEW situations, and in doing so exacerbate the build's weaknesses. You built a BOAT, not a jack of all trades, and now the rock to your scissors is coming to stomp your ***.

Please explain why/how sitting around with a red reticle firing LRMs with impunity at scrubs in the open was so superior to CoD? Give me a break. Guess what, now you and your spotter have to play it smarter.

Despite the massive amount of tears shed during this video, I've both fought with and been fired upon by plenty of LRM's and gauss rifles (today alone, in MOST of my matches) since ECM. I also get hit with LRMs in my ECM mech when, surprise surprise, the enemy gets wind of me and does the smart thing by taking me out/scrambling me ASAP. How is this possibru!?!? I hate to be the one to do this, but when you make stupid absolute qq statements such as this you deserve to get slammed.

Not that I don't have some issues with ECM atm (mainly too many chassis that have it and too many chassis that have missles as a major part of their firepower atm) but I agree with you it cracks me up to see the ones working these types of strategies cry. And if he can't still make use of a Gauss sniper.....

#72 Tzukasa

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 118 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 11:44 PM

I'm sad there's no mention of an ecm fix. Its draging this game down and as a newer player its one of the big things keeping me from really getting into the game. I keep checking back hoping for mention of one. On a side note I've been playing for prolly 30 hrs now ingame time and I've never see a gauss. Didn't even know/still wouldn't know they exist had I not seen old vids... Makes me wish I had tryed the game earlyer... If you don't want to keep pushing new players out you better come up with a fix for this crap sandwitch you've made.

Edited by Tzukasa, 16 December 2012 - 11:46 PM.

#73 Timelordwho

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 251 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 01:26 AM

All i have to say is any mech is op if it have ecm even your commando / stealth ninja. GIVE ME A FRAKING BREAK. there are 66 pagee in on sec on ecm i have counted the for vs against. for every 1 for there are 3 against . I mean come the frak on. this video says it all.

Oh man, this video. "Noone takes LRMs, see how quiet it is?" *sounds of LRMs being lauched* " Uh,,,"

#74 King Arthur IV

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 2,549 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 12:47 AM

oh yeh!!!! more modules and working on lag shield!!!!!!!
the top things on my list being answered!!!! me so happy, me love mwo long time!!! long like ER long.

#75 That Token Canadian Guy

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 83 posts
  • LocationSomewhere Ville

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:43 PM

as much as i hate ECM duew to the lack of mechs able to use it. Learn to use tag. Helps a ton. Hence team work... then again 4 man destroyed almost every clan there was so.....you still have some what of a point.
2 wow you have a bad shot and piloting skills are shotty. However tactics can still be there IF you dont pug.

Edited by daxiazun, 27 December 2012 - 06:46 PM.

#76 Cest7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,781 posts
  • LocationMaple Ditch

Posted 03 February 2013 - 06:41 AM

Q: When will we get a map that focuses more on the Night Vision, instead of Thermal? With the ECM, Thermal has become extremely useful, but Night Vision remains almost useless. [SonOfBDEC]
A: I think you'll like this coming patch ;) [Garth]

made me chuckle...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users