85 replies to this topic

#81 Ebonkosh

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 120 posts
  • Locationwashington dc

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:15 AM

I sorta agree with the removal of ECM from heavy or assault mechs. It will push more of the game to role play and increase the mech types in a match. Could even make the ECM more of a burden for anything thats not a light. So if a medium is using ECM then say it can not fire its weapons or it has to lose a bunch of tonnage or crit slots to use it. I know lots of people want all mechs to use all things but who wants to have a atlas vs atlas match when they are putting a lot of work into the other mechs. I like how Eve handled the ECM /Jamming thing. Perhaps meds can disrupt only. People want the maps to be bigger but with how easy I see base capping happening with the current map size I would wonder how that would happpen? I think there needs to be more than one base or Node to capture. Say 3 and you need two to get points faster. typical deal. atleast you could have some fights. I hope they work it all out.

Red

#82 Artifice

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 378 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:24 AM

It's just too expensive in both time and c-bills, to run an 8man constantly.

I'm back to 4mans because I want to level up various mechs, rather than running a specific role constantly. I'll probably get back into it when I've got a variety of Mastered mechs. Of course, by then we'll have newer 'better!' matchmaking.

Whatever. Oceanic Merc Corp.

#83 MaddMaxx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,911 posts
  • LocationNova Scotia, Canada

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:09 AM

0700 EST? Hmmm. Not sure what the OP does for a living, but my Office Tower is 3/4 full at that time. Myself included. :lol:

How about try 1800 EST and see how it goes...

#84 MrTarget

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 242 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:22 AM

View PostHaxburch, on 13 December 2012 - 06:54 AM, said:

I am not on a high horse , i play PUGs and try to get better in this way . Premade guys just want to abuse the pugs and destroy gamefun for this guys . I n fact the pug guy take the real challenge and is a fair sportsmen and the premade guys is nothing but a cheater to me .

OR we get 2 queue , one for PUG ongly 1 for any kind of premade . Maybe then i can respect the premade guys .

Sure i could also play premades but i know i dont have so much time and dont want to deal with alot waiting time . Also its my afterwork time so i play a match , do some work in my flat , play another match go to phone check the kitchen and ....

I would like to play premade with my clan later, if PGI brings Worlds to conquer. Make some warplan , start a invasion ... some creazy stuff on weekend but with other gamemodes for premades ongyl ! This time its just wrong an will hurt the game ... badly over time.

Ok no idea if your trolling or just an *****.

most of the 8mans come from merc units. most people in a merc unit like the game so much they are founders. If there founders they have spent money on the game because they want to see the game succeed, cos if the game doesnt then there will be no more mechwarrior... period. So why (me being in a merc unit who plays 8 Mans and a founder who has been playing this game since MW2) would we want to make the game less fun for other people. We need the players, they need the money.

We want Community warfare, where 8v8 is going to play a massive part in it, we enjoy the challenge of decent players and Im afraid 8 people doing there own thing offers no challenge whatsoever, you could be the best pilot in the world but if your on your own and standing in front of 4 MW's in a team all that skills going to equate to nothing, as you WILL have 10 lasers ripping your CT apart.

This is why Pug games are over so quickly, we know how you think and counteract it quickly. Most of the time your plan is:

1. "lets stick together"
2. "Cave?"
3. "Base Rush"

Then disappear in to the 4 winds.
We move in Wingmen relaying information to each other, we see a target and fire. Working as a team to take down targets. If that team is a premade or pugs it will all come down to who has the better team play.

In essence stop blaming Premades for your lousy game playing. Grow a pair, join a merc unit and play the game as a team like its designed to. Otherwise stop winging that your being beaten by premades because that is what the game is designed to be played like.

#85 Voridan Atreides

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,149 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSittin on Turn 3 at Elkhart watchin the Corvettes roar by....I wish. (Stockholm, WI, USA)

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:36 AM

View PostPurpleNinja, on 12 December 2012 - 08:15 AM, said:

Someone said Hawken is out.

:lol: :ph34r:

Where is the FRIGGEN DISLIKE BUTTON?!?!??!?!?

#86 5th Fedcom Rat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 893 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:46 AM

View PostFastidious, on 12 December 2012 - 10:53 AM, said:

I've played maybe 20ish 8 mans since the patch came out but I don't find them better on any level than solo or 4 man. They were the first time I've played them. They take MUCH longer, maybe 2-3x as long for the same amount of games. That means less playing and also way less CBills/XP even if you win 100%. There's always some guy who decides to build a mech or some issue then you have 7 people waiting 10 minutes. The metagame in 8 man is wrecked and monotonous. I feel like I'm letting down my team if I bring a HBK-4SP which is generally a kickass mech in solo or 4 man. Basically everything which makes MWO fun is is significantly reduced in 8 man games; it does nothing better (except practicing for 8 man).

This may all be true, but people running solo also feel the metagame is wrecked, tedious and monotonous when they have to face 4-man or even 8 man synched groups using uber maxed streak ECM builds while their team is often full of afkers, new players or people in subotimal builds.

Pugstomping teams are ruining the enjoyment experience for many new players as well as those who play solo. The pugstompers get their cbills (which honestly, they don't really need anymore of probably) on the backs of the other team having a bad time, mostly.

Basically, unless you're in a 4 man group this game just isn't that fun which is a real shame. It's why I've stopped playing for the last week. That and the continued presence of the "aimbot-like" streak missile in the game.

Edited by 5th Fedcom Rat, 13 December 2012 - 08:50 AM.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users