Ask The Devs 29!

276 replies to this topic

#101 Snuglninja

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  • LocationJagger Cockpit

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:04 AM

I think the elephant in the room is ECM. Is the current state of the game what you intended when you patched ECM. Are you looking to make changes or are there going to be other aspects of ew coming out to nerf Ecm, besides tag.

#102 bensphynx

• PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:27 AM

Which mechs have weapon bay doors?
How can we tell if the weapon bay doors are open? (Ie where are the weapon bay door indicator lights on each mech?)

#103 The Basilisk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,270 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:41 AM

Can you give an update on your CURRENT plans on alternative ammunitions for AC, LB-X, LRMs and SRMs and the Implementation of other gear, like the Command Console that is to be found in one of the Atlas variants, or the MASC system. Maybe you could even tell more about how to make your favorit sort of Coffee ? :)

Edited by The Basilisk, 14 December 2012 - 04:47 AM.

#104 sarkun

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:42 AM

It was mentioned that 'end game' material for experienced pilots will be the modules purchasable via pilot skills tree. However, the currently available modules are not that impressive - I'm not saying they are useless, but generally not so powerful. Will they be adjusted? Are the planned modules more powerful? When can we expect more of them? Any idea how many will there be in total?

#105 Ronin13m

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 136 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:38 AM

What is hero mech Fang?

What is hero Mech Flame?

Also since I have been holding off on my dragons waiting for the DRG-1G will we ever see the Grand dragon?

Thanks

#106 Tastian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 768 posts
  • LocationLayton, UT USA

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:43 AM

1. In what way will omnimechs be different from standard mechs?

2. Many consider the heat scale especially for energy weapons high. Do you see clan mechs overheating very quickly in their stock setup? (for instance the Daishi has 4 ER Large Lasers and the Masakari has 4 ER PPCs)

3. Repair bills are very high and sometimes even exceed earnings per match. Will clantech be even more expensive or will this somehow get balanced?

4. Are there plans to include future tech such as snub-nose PPC, plasma cannon, rotary AC, or light fusion engines?

5. Speaking of clan invasion, if we do not have clan tech and we aren't fighting NPCs, how will we initially face off against clan mechs?

6. 3rd Person Camera was proposed to make the game accessible to those that have a hard time with the torso rotation and yet ECM makes the game even less accessible to new persons. Any chance you are going to balance ECM to be less OP?

7. Are we going to be able to drop as teams of 5, 6, or 7? (Our persons online tend to be in the range of 6 or 14 which makes 4 and 8 man drops less then ideal)

#107 Xenroth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 326 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:02 AM

Will we see an increase or decrease in C-Bill cashflow after the patch on 18th?

When can we expect the next Hero-Mech?

Are you currently happy with the state of the game and the player numbers? Or did you hope to have more players and be further in game progress?

Will we be able to swap / sort our mechs in the mechlab with UI 2.0? Because my mechlab is complete CHAOS

Edited by Xenroth, 14 December 2012 - 06:04 AM.

#108 Wizywig

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 41 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:09 AM

Q: Will there be banners placable on the mech itself for others to see?

Q: Will there be lance groupings where pre-game we can decide on lances, and in-game we can see the decisions.

Q: Will any visual enhancements to mechs be obtainable without MC?

Q: Will mech slots be obtainable without MC?

Q: Will MC be re-balanced to not cost ridiculous amounts of cash for premium time? This game is more costly than WoW ever was.

#109 Calon Farstar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 189 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAt Sea

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:15 AM

View PostXervitus, on 13 December 2012 - 03:04 PM, said:

The game economy right now really doesn't reward players based on effort, typically I can double or triple someones damage or kills yet in the end the CBs we're taking home are almost the same. In fact, I probably make less a lot of the time as I use more ammo and take more damage than the cicada who stood on the hill all round shooting 2 medium lasers at things 400m away.

My question is this: would you consider making winning and losing a modifier instead of a flat CB reward. Increasing performance rewards significantly (kills, damage, spotting, etc.) and adding modifiers so a loss could give you a 40% of the baseline value and a win could give you 125% or whatever. I really feel like this will reward those who play hard and help stop people from AFking/suiciding.

Cheers,

Edit: or perhaps a hybrid of both, 50k win reward plus 125% of the increased performance rewards...this way new players wouldn't be punished as much.

I see this as an issue too. Our pay should be based on what we do in the game more than the outcome of the game.

1. The pilot that does the most damage to a mech should get the kill. Not the lucky guy who gets the last shot in with his small laser or machine gun. I have been in many games where I average more damage done than the guy who gets the most experiance because he got more kills and did less damage. It will aslo make people play as a team more than trying to be the one who gets that last kill shot in on the hurt mech running away leaving your teammates alone to deal with the other undamaged enemy mechs.

2. We should get paid for the damage done not the kill. It is a much better measure of how useful you were in a match and the % pay for each damage point inflicted should increase significantly. Same for spotting and capturing bases.

3. This will also hurt the AFK, Suicide farmers as they would significantly less experiance and cbills while those who actually play in each match will gain more exp and money.

4. This is all just my oppinion and I know it is not likely to be implented but I imagine I am not the only one thinking along these lines.

#110 DontGetCrabs

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 115 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:19 AM

Q: Other than videos what plans do you have for helping new players get the feel of the game? Give them their own arena to fight in until after so many rounds or xp earned? A short single player tutoral?

Q: This is not a community warfare question, but kinda is. Are there plans on making 1v1, 2v2, 4v4 drops avalable? Also will there ever be pure PUG drops without any groups allowed?

#111 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:26 AM

• Any plans for a Stalker Hero Mech?

This will specifically impact the number of Stalker mechs I purchase whn they are available- i'd hate to buy 3 and then have a Hero Mech variant appear. Just knowing ahead of time if there is/isn't would be sufficient.
  • Any plans to release information concerning new user experience or economic changes early, or do we need to wait for the Dec 18th patch notes?

#112 Mechteric

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:31 AM

View PostRedshift2k5, on 14 December 2012 - 06:26 AM, said:

• Any plans for a Stalker Hero Mech?

I think it would be safe to assume any mech that doesn't yet have a hero version is likely to get a hero version at some point... the real question is when, not if

#113 Sen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:45 AM

1) How long will I have to wait for the ability to rearrange my mechs in the mech bay?

2) Despite the QQing of the masses, is there any chance we can still see ECM in the Jenner? [seriously, the difference between the 7-D and the raven is one medium laser, 15kph or so. . and I'd STILL have to come up with the tonnage for allocation. At least consider giving it to th 7-k. . it has no other decent reason to exist :)

3) Xfire/SLI support, is there any kind of a rough ballpark guestimate as to when this MIGHT be implemented? [I know it's kinda frivolous, but the game looks BEAUTIFUL in 6038 x 1080. . if only it were SMOOOTHER.]

Edited by Sen, 14 December 2012 - 07:00 AM.

#114 Icaruss

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 53 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:02 AM

Will there be a sandbox style mechlab where we can play around with builds that we can't afford or don't have a chassis for?
As it stands I need to own a chassis before I can figure out builds on it and need 1.5 m Cbills to realize I don't have the crit slots for DHS etc.

#115 KerenskyClone

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:05 AM

Question regarding the grouping aspect of the game:

I would like to play with my friends in groups yet I only have a few friends in MWO and they are never online. Is anything being done to implement social "chat" functions into MW:O?? Something simple along the example an IRC style chat server with different public or private rooms where people would group together would be perfect and I imagine not that hard to implement.

I would like to point out that this is something that most online games feature. Thank you.

#116 stjobe

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,498 posts
  • LocationOn your six, chipping away at your rear armour.

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:17 AM

What variants are you planning for the Flea and the Blackjack?

#117 Nine0one

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:23 AM

Before i ask my questions id like to say thank you for taking up the Mechwarrior mantle as it where. a lot of people here seem emo about the challenge you have undertaken but personally i am grateful to be playing a new Mechwarrior game after so many years of waiting.

My questions are threefold

1. With the eventual invasion of the clans looming in the distance are there any long-term plans to allow players to align with the clan factions? i know this would be well after the initial invasion most likely but as a member of a clan i know myself and many of the cadre would like to be able to gain clan faction status instead of being stuck with the sphereoids forever.

2. In previous Mechwarrior games radar worked much like conventional radar, the Mech itself did not require line of sight on an enemy Mech in order to get a "ping" for targeting information, personally i love the new system but i would like to see a post that basically sets the stage for if equipment like intermediate and advanced radar will ever be in the game and if so what effects we can expect from them, and with them the hopeful inclusion of a low power mode.

3. Are the Q/A's always so full of angst from people who don't adjust well to new tech and the like?

Thanks again for making this game guys, the original reboot was announced while i was deployed and it was worth wait.

Edited by Nine0one, 14 December 2012 - 07:24 AM.

#118 Jairn

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 68 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:35 AM

Right now I see 3 things ruling this game.

ECM
Light Mechs
Atlas mechs
(I won't mention missle boats (SSRM/x6SRM as there are/will be adjustments for that issue)

So who is responsible for the overall balance of mech dynamics? Is it a committee? Is it one designer?

In particular:

Who designs the angle of fire for the torso and arms? Is it supposed to be different across mech platforms? With all of the elevation in game it makes a definitive advantage to those who have the best angle of fire (if there is one). And this may be something that can be given to mechs based on their design that would make it more appealing.

Who decides on the speed of mechs? For example, I know the trade off of a super armored mech (Atlas) was supposed to be it's speed. However, if you have fought an Atlas recently.... you know they have the same agility (on par) with heavy mechs and the same speed. Advantage Atlas and no weakness unless it's a light mech. (not saying a medium/heavy should run circles around an Atlas but it sure seems like they are just as fast as any other assault/heavy mech right now)

On the flip side, if performance issues/net code can't be fixed. Are you going to slow down light mechs? Net/Lag shield is getting old.

The game looks great. I know there are balance issue resolutions, bug fixes, and equipment enhancements that are in the pipeline. I speak for many when we say we are being as patient as we can and trying to give feedback. But there are some easy fixes that can happen as developers. Hopefully you keep listening to the player base and fix the bugs and make the hard decisions to adjust game play so there is no one 'best' choice to play. (ECM, light/atlas)

Thank you,
J

#119 PsychoTurtle

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 46 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationDana Point, CA

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:40 AM

Party-On, Garth!

All I want for Christmas is the ability to switch between tabs in the MechLab without having to commit CBills to upgrades/paint jobs that I'm checking out. I'm struggling to see what the point of that feature is. I'm sure youse guys have a reason for it, but...um...it's "Bumblebee ******* motor oil" bad. Kvetching over now. Thank you guys for not only bringing my childhood back, but treating it with respect and love. Love you guys...seriously...like I love bacon and pancakes...True Love...I'm just sayin'.

#120 Elizander

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:01 AM

There is a large discrepancy right now in the net code and a desync with pressing the fire button and where the server thinks my crosshairs are.

The effects are that while I may fire my weapons while my crosshairs are on target, the server decides that no, I'm not done aiming yet and makes my shots go wild. This makes it very difficult to track moving targets with projectile weaponry for those with non-ideal pings.

As can be see in 0:13 of this video the shots go to the right, hitting the left torso even when I pressed it only when the crosshairs were aimed at the center torso of my target.

This means that the data the server receives where my crosshairs are at is delayed and it receives the 'he fired a shot' data sooner without checking at which point in time the shot was actually fired in relation to where my client crosshairs are pointed.

Is this part of the issue being addressed in the netcode fix?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users