Willing To Buy Multiple Paints? If You Can Keep Them. (Currently +600 Votes To Yes, New Polls Added)

268 replies to this topic

Poll: purchasing multiple paints per mech. (649 member(s) have cast votes)

purchasing multiple paints per mech.

1. Voted yes (617 votes [94.34%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 94.34%

2. no (37 votes [5.66%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.66%

number of colors you would buy on a single mech. added 14/1/13

1. Voted 1-3 (70 votes [32.56%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 32.56%

2. 4-6 (84 votes [39.07%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 39.07%

3. 7-9 (25 votes [11.63%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.63%

4. 10-12 (10 votes [4.65%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.65%

5. 13> (26 votes [12.09%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 12.09%

number of camo you would buy per mech. added 14/1/13

1. Voted 1 (40 votes [18.60%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 18.60%

2. 2 (91 votes [42.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 42.33%

3. 3 (35 votes [16.28%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.28%

4. 4> (49 votes [22.79%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 22.79%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Belorion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,469 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 19 December 2012 - 08:47 AM

What would be really useful is if you could have several saved paint schemes you could chose from. Esp if they let you do it on map load. Then instead of one paint scheme for all maps you could set up a paint scheme for each map.

#22 Jaynestown

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY

Posted 19 December 2012 - 08:55 AM

This poll isn't much good unless you also ask people if they buy paints now. There are really four possibilities, and all you're interested in to prove your point is "Do you buy paints now: NO; Would you: YES."

#23 Magik0012

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 460 posts
  • LocationAustin, Texas

Posted 19 December 2012 - 08:55 AM

Yes.
And let me paint my dang Founders mechs, please.

#24 Pygar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:01 AM

I don't quite get what the complaint in this thread is getting at.

If you buy a paintjob, that mech has that paintjob from then on, and in some cases buying a paint seems to unlock that paintjob for other mechs. (Seems like last night I couldn't but "Phranken" paints until after I bought a "Flame" hero mech....I might have been seeing that wrong, but I think that's how it happened)

Now, if you paint over another paintjob, then you lose the original paintjob in favor of the new. (which I am guessing is the OPs problem) The reason the system is like it is currently is partly because PGI hasn't gotten around to details like that or like being able to group your weapons in the hangar instead of in battle, and also partly because the game seems geared toward players owning multiple mechs (even of the same chassis) so the Devs may not have switching paint jobs back and forth on a single mech between matches on the roadmap.

#25 Tennex

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 6,619 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:01 AM

the thing is you CANT buy MULTIPLE paints with this system. nor keep any of them lol.

#26 MrPenguin

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 1,815 posts
  • LocationSudbury, Ontario

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:06 AM

View PostKrazyjim, on 19 December 2012 - 08:36 AM, said:

I'm throwing money at my computer but nothing is happening!!!!!

You're just not doing it right.
Posted Image

#27 Monsoon

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,631 posts
  • LocationToronto, On aka Kathil

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:13 AM

It that old story, I'd be happy to buy 'one-off' paint if the price were allot cheaper, or pay more MC to permanently keep the paint. But pay allot of MC and have it also be 'one-off'. No thanks, I'm not interested in spending 5+ dollars on a single mech, just to one day have to pay that amount again changing it.

#28 Pygar

• Knight Errant
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:15 AM

View PostTennex, on 19 December 2012 - 09:01 AM, said:

the thing is you CANT buy MULTIPLE paints with this system. nor keep any of them lol.

I have 6 mechs, 4 of them are painted, 3 different paintjobs counting the hero mech....not seeing the problem with having multiple paintjobs or keeping them...unless I go and try to repaint mechs that are already painted.

Still kinda not getting what the problem is. (I am used to EVE online, where it doesn't matter how expensive or exclusive something you own is, if you get it blown up it's GONE.)

Edited by Pygar, 19 December 2012 - 09:29 AM.

#29 Tennex

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 6,619 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:45 AM

i don't konw why they are so stubborn about this. its a win win for everybody and a pretty clear decision

#30 Slaytronic

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 475 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:49 AM

or at least make them like 50 mc each and the special camos need to drop also hell i am sitting on 60k mc not willing at all to spend the cash for a special camo rather make my own

#31 Ransack

• 1,175 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:52 AM

View PostDegalus, on 19 December 2012 - 01:42 AM, said:

I only use the pc gamer colors because thats are colors how it should work. I have them permanent and can paint every mech with them including pc gamer skin. Dont spend any cent for non permanent items.

I am in this boat, but I'm going to cave. That Phranken cammo looks too sweet on a stalker to pass up,

#32 MeiSooHaityu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:52 AM

Yep, I would purchase camos if I could keep them.

I can understand having to re-purchase them for each different mech, but once I buy a scheme, it should be free from then on in for that mech, incase I change it and want to go back.

I think that is reasonable.

#33 Pygar

• Knight Errant
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:53 AM

View PostTennex, on 19 December 2012 - 09:45 AM, said:

i don't konw why they are so stubborn about this. its a win win for everybody and a pretty clear decision

I'm just not quite wrapping my head around the problem. (Some of the thread is misleading- making it sound like we are going to log in later and things we bought are mysteriously gone)

If you are talking about buying one mech, painting it, and then repainting it but still wanting to be able to switch to the other paints besides the newest...I can kinda see your point, but like I said earlier...the game needs so much other content, that even if this is on the roadmap we might not see it for a while, and the game seems geared toward having multiple mechs- if you can't make up your mind on which paintjob is really your favorite, why not have another variant of the same mech and paint it differently instead of re-painting the same one? (You need the other variants to get the higher skill perks anyways...)

#34 Tennex

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 6,619 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:56 AM

View PostPygar, on 19 December 2012 - 09:53 AM, said:

I'm just not quite wrapping my head around the problem. (Some of the thread is misleading- making it sound like we are going to log in later and things we bought are mysteriously gone)

If you are talking about buying one mech, painting it, and then repainting it but still wanting to be able to switch to the other paints besides the newest...I can kinda see your point, but like I said earlier...the game needs so much other content, that even if this is on the roadmap we might not see it for a while, and the game seems geared toward having multiple mechs- if you can't make up your mind on which paintjob is really your favorite, why not have another variant of the same mech and paint it differently instead of re-painting the same one? (You need the other variants to get the higher skill perks anyways...)

you could but there are only a few mechbays. that just seems very impractical, when a easier solution can be put in, that pleases everybody.

#35 Pygar

• Knight Errant
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:56 AM

View PostRansack, on 19 December 2012 - 09:52 AM, said:

I am in this boat, but I'm going to cave. That Phranken cammo looks too sweet on a stalker to pass up,

This is how it is currently working- seems I had to buy one of the hero Dragons before I had access to the phranken paint...but now I can paint any mech I have with it. (I did my 5N Dragon and Stalker5S with phranken, phranken paint looks sweet on almost every mech I've seen it on)

#36 xxx WreckinBallRaj xxx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,852 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:58 AM

I'm not buying any MC paints at all until they either drop the mechbay cost and refund us for those, or change how skins are sold. I looked at the cost to make a skin I liked, the total was 1,125MC. No thanks. That's almost 4 mechbay slots I could have bought instead, and if I changed it, I'd have to pay even more. See the problem here?

What I'll be doing instead is just paying 900k and dying my stuff blue. No surprise there's almost no C-Bill colors, either. They could have made EVERY flat color just cost C-Bills and the custom ones(such as Phranken) cost the MC. There's so many better ways to do this, but they'd rather gouge you for as much MC as they can.

I like what they did for users with the Cadet Bonus, now they need to drop the mechbay slot too, and we'll be another step in a great direction. There's no reason to have this slot cost, and it just discourages spending MC on anything else too. I'll never buy a hero variant for example because I'll always need more slots. Get it?

Edited by Bluten, 19 December 2012 - 10:05 AM.

#37 Pygar

• Knight Errant
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:02 AM

View PostTennex, on 19 December 2012 - 09:56 AM, said:

you could but there are only a few mechbays. that just seems very impractical, when a easier solution can be put in, that pleases everybody.

It's a microtransaction game- specifically designed so that you can play for free, but also specifically designed to try to twist your arm into spending money whenever they can. The setup is impractical on purpose, because people will pay for practicality. (I do.)

#38 Comassion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:10 AM

I'd love to play around with the paint system for my 'mechs, but the fact that paint isn't permanent has kept me away. I'm not going to touch it until I can keep the stuff I buy. For now I get by on PC gamer skins... you know, the paints I paid $8 for to keep.

#39 Pygar

• Knight Errant
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:20 AM

View PostComassion, on 19 December 2012 - 10:10 AM, said:

I'd love to play around with the paint system for my 'mechs, but the fact that paint isn't permanent has kept me away. I'm not going to touch it until I can keep the stuff I buy. For now I get by on PC gamer skins... you know, the paints I paid $8 for to keep.

I am not understanding what people mean by "keeping" the paints. I seem to be keeping my paints just fine, unless I am repainting over another paintjob. What am I missing in this thread?

#40 BlackSquirrel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 873 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:23 AM

View PostPygar, on 19 December 2012 - 10:20 AM, said:

I am not understanding what people mean by "keeping" the paints. I seem to be keeping my paints just fine, unless I am repainting over another paintjob. What am I missing in this thread?

Yes that's what we mean... They're not permanent...repaint you lose the scheme (You paid MC etc) not a huge issue if you paid C-bills. (Annoying but understandable considering you pay for endo etc over and over again)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users