- - - - -

"the Session Was Lost." (Answered)

195 replies to this topic

#41 RapierE01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,576 posts
  • LocationEden

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:24 AM

yes i have the prob since 18:00. If iam in game all my mechs have no Loadout and trials are all in Battle. Then Connection drop

#42 BerryChunks

Dezgra

• 1,000 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:41 AM

View PostAlbert Tottleman, on 24 December 2012 - 02:40 AM, said:

Same here as Banerellik,

Usually (but not always) after a match has concluded I get dumped to login with "session was lost" message. Sometimes it happens before a game has been played, and very rarely during a game. IN game lag is non-existent. The session losing seems to have something to do with mechlab itself and the loading of the user data as it is slow to load (the amount of money/exp etc.) Many times, even after all the user info in mechlab is there, the Mech Exp shows "NaN".

Again, in game lag is nill. My firewalls are down. This has only begun following the Dec. 18 patch.

I will not be purchasing premium time again.

View PostAlbert Tottleman, on 24 December 2012 - 02:40 AM, said:

Same here as Banerellik,

Usually (but not always) after a match has concluded I get dumped to login with "session was lost" message. Sometimes it happens before a game has been played, and very rarely during a game. IN game lag is non-existent. The session losing seems to have something to do with mechlab itself and the loading of the user data as it is slow to load (the amount of money/exp etc.) Many times, even after all the user info in mechlab is there, the Mech Exp shows "NaN".

Again, in game lag is nill. My firewalls are down. This has only begun following the Dec. 18 patch.

I will not be purchasing premium time again.

Dont just do it because of Networking issues. Those things are far more tempermental and affected by so many more factors than completely internal things like netcode, game balance, and so on.

#43 Yield

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:11 PM

Yeah, same prob here, DTAG.

Then i got an idea:
Launched OpenVPN, connected to ipredator.se ... *poof* ... connected, working fine, little higher latency, of course.

#44 Bananenbaum

• Pip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:14 PM

Ipredator.se just changes your ip adress .. does this mean its not my telekom CONNECTION that causes problems, but its my telekom IP ?

which would mean that mwo disbands telekom users for real?

#45 Budor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:55 PM

View PostBananenbaum, on 22 January 2013 - 01:14 PM, said:

Ipredator.se just changes your ip adress .. does this mean its not my telekom CONNECTION that causes problems, but its my telekom IP ?

which would mean that mwo disbands telekom users for real?

Your traffic/data to and from the MWO servers takes another "way" so you practically circumvent the jammed area on the net. The only one that can help with fixing this issue is your provider, they need to either up the resources or get the companies they pay to handle traffic for them to do better...

http://forum.telekom...l?#msg-11105090

Hier beschweren bitte.

Edited by Budor, 22 January 2013 - 05:59 PM.

#46 Greers

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 465 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:26 AM

About the Telekom Problem, out of the official, german, Telekom Forum:

Mich hat heute ein Telekom Mitarbeiter angerufen. Seine Aussage:
"Ich habe mir Ihre Tracert angesehen. Das Problem liegt uns bereits von mehreren vor. Der hohe Ping entsteht nur indirekt von der Telekom sondern von deren Partner Tiscali.
sobald das routing aus dem DTAG Netz verlässt und auf das TINet routet entstehen die hohen ping zeiten. Derzeit werden die Kapazitäten von Tiscali geprüft und kontakt zu tiscali aufgenommen. Problem ist, dass Telekom ein "dynamisches System hat" welches automatisch den "besten Server" anroutet in dem Fall erkennt das "dynamische System" den Tiscali server als den besten connect Server. Deshalb verbindet er sämtliche leute auf diesen reudigen Tiscali server.
Seine Aussage zur behebung des Problems. " ich kann Ihnen hierzu nichts genaues sagen, dass hängt davon ab wie sich tiscali verhält...."

#47 XBigBenX

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  • LocationSaxony /Germany

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:26 PM

So...after this patch the same issue happend again. Seems to me that the problem is the first connection isn't disconected properly. Because me clanmate told me i'm shown as online. So my suspision is there's the bug.
Anybody knows after which time the gameserver kicks players who are not playing?

And as question to the Devs can this time maybe decreased?

#48 End Crescendo

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 75 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:45 PM

Getting this error again. Very frustrating since it just started occurring after I bought MC. >.<

Playing on Rutgers University's internet, whatever that is, but it happens no matter where or when I play. Multiple computers, as well. I reinstalled and everything. >.<

#49 Pax Bellum

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 65 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:45 PM

I have not seen any Dev's weigh in on this topic. I have had this problem everytime its the day before a patch. I had always had to re install and patch then it stops untill the next patch. I would really like some ideas/help with this since I would like to participate in the upcoming community warfare project.

#50 Arc Light

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:50 PM

I as well am getting slightly annoyed. Played two matches. Got destroyed in the first and quit the game to figure out how to play. the second match I played entireley through and when I tried to go back to the mech bay I got a "session lost" error. And I haven't been able to connect... Will someone tell me what is going on ?

#51 Mikros04

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 119 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 02:07 PM

This started happening to me today, if the game does eventually load, it seems to be timing out at the home screen when it would normally be retrieving/loading my mechs.

#52 Runenstahl

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 184 posts
  • LocationLyran Commonwealth (Germany)

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:29 AM

I played a few matches yesterday and all was fine. Now I can't get to the game. "Session is lost". On the third try it DID load my mechs... but it said something about not being able to get the newsfeed and soon the session was lost again.

Edit: The forum controls are also rather unresponsive. Maybe it's something with the server.

Edited by Runenstahl, 18 February 2013 - 06:38 AM.

#53 wshwash

• PipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 23 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:32 AM

Lagging like crazy and nothing show except menu.

#54 MrLebowski

Rookie

• 9 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:34 AM

I just saw this occur three times this morning. Twice in the middle of matches, and once at the home screen.

#55 That Dawg

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:36 AM

Yup, been on the increase, several of our group has had this happen. I wanted to check on a build this morning before work and gave up after 10 minutes trying to log on (initial game start)
I got "invalid password" 3-4 times, the rest were session logout fail or whatever its called. Twice it loaded to home screen, no mechs, no nothing, then dropped client

my son is home from school today and playing PS3 like a boss, I did all my home office crap, at the same time, so its not an internet problem.

#56 A7K

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 2 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationFlorida, USA

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:37 AM

same here, having the same problems as reported. Bright House Networks is my provider FL, USA

#57 MechWarrior849305

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:39 AM

Can't get into the game today, sometimes I can load title screen with homepage of my 4 selected mechs, and shortly after I have "Session lost" message. Is it only luck of mine, or is it something with the game? Also forums are half-dead opening...

#58 IcedOmega13

• PipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 23 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:41 AM

I just turned my pc on this morning after playing just fine FOREVER and I cant get signed in. Keep getting timeout error. Or if I do make it in game I get session lost almost instantly

#59 wshwash

• PipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 23 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:41 AM

Will we see a server wipeout? Would be interesting, like a reset...

#60 cmdr_scotty

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 118 posts
  • LocationOutreach Mech hanger B-201, Bay 15A

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:43 AM

can't even connect now :c

this is on Cox communications internet, Phoenix, Arizona, USA.

C:\Users\kenny>tracert mwomercs.com

Tracing route to mwomercs.com [70.42.29.74]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 10 ms <1 ms <1 ms 192.168.0.1
2 9 ms 10 ms 7 ms 10.36.192.1
3 10 ms 8 ms 9 ms 172.21.0.118
4 15 ms 11 ms 15 ms 70.169.73.196
5 19 ms 9 ms 12 ms mcdldsrj01-ae2.0.rd.ph.cox.net [70.169.76.225]
6 34 ms 25 ms 23 ms langbprj02-ae2.rd.la.cox.net [68.1.1.19]
7 31 ms 22 ms 22 ms ethernet11-2.csr1.lax2.gblx.net [159.63.23.25]
8 25 ms 25 ms 26 ms ae1.scr3.LAX1.gblx.net [67.16.162.173]
9 92 ms 93 ms 97 ms te9-1-10G.asr1.YYZ1.gblx.net [67.16.144.86]