Battlemech 19: Orion

685 replies to this topic

#261 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 05 January 2013 - 03:35 PM

View PostBarHaid, on 05 January 2013 - 02:10 PM, said:

That would also be why they added the lower arm actuator to the Dragon. Makes more sense now.

Actually, it always had one. Just the person doing the art for FASA pulled off another great mistake in the art representation.

Alex also had problems with that and made the original based off the art and then had to correct it. More recent example would be Blackjack's lasers, two of which should be torso mounted, not arm mounted. :P

#262 Strum Wealh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 11 January 2013 - 04:20 PM

So, I was looking at the Orion's variants earlier...

If a Dev would be so kind: which variants of the Orion are being considered for implementation?

One that stands out to me is the ON1-V-DC, a command variant that (according to its record sheet from RS 3039 Unabridged) mounts a Medium Laser and an SRM-4 in each arm (with one ton of SRM ammo for both launchers, in the Left-Torso), an AC/10 in the Right-Torso (with one ton of ammo), a LRM-15 in the Left-Torso (with one ton of ammo), and a Command Console.
It has a top speed of 64.8 kph (with a 300-rated Engine), uses no LosTech, carries an 80% armor load, and mounts 10 Heat Sinks.

I'm curious as to what both the Devs (if any are willing to respond) and the playerbase think about this particular variant (which does match one of the Orion's traditional roles as a command 'Mech), as well as what people think about having more "-DC" variants in general (especially with regards to developing Information Warfare, Role Warfare, and Community Warfare).

#263 Stingz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • Location*SIGNAL LOST*

Posted 12 January 2013 - 09:42 AM

View PostStrum Wealh, on 11 January 2013 - 04:20 PM, said:

So, I was looking at the Orion's variants earlier...

If a Dev would be so kind: which variants of the Orion are being considered for implementation?

One that stands out to me is the ON1-V-DC, a command variant that (according to its record sheet from RS 3039 Unabridged) mounts a Medium Laser and an SRM-4 in each arm (with one ton of SRM ammo for both launchers, in the Left-Torso), an AC/10 in the Right-Torso (with one ton of ammo), a LRM-15 in the Left-Torso (with one ton of ammo), and a Command Console.
It has a top speed of 64.8 kph (with a 300-rated Engine), uses no LosTech, carries an 80% armor load, and mounts 10 Heat Sinks.

I'm curious as to what both the Devs (if any are willing to respond) and the playerbase think about this particular variant (which does match one of the Orion's traditional roles as a command 'Mech), as well as what people think about having more "-DC" variants in general (especially with regards to developing Information Warfare, Role Warfare, and Community Warfare).

The -V-DC seems to be a reasonable variant to add, especially since all it changes from the -V is reduced ammo to fit the Command Console.

#264 Grey Ghost

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 661 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:44 PM

I'm kinda hoping for the -VA, but only if it has extra energy/ballistic hardpoint/s to make up for the loss of the missile one. The -V-DC isn't needed as a specific chassis if they allow the command console to me mounted to the -V. Though since Mechs can cost real money, I wouldn't be surprised of it's inclusion. It might even get some extra hardpoints like the AS7-D-DC quite irrationally does.

Seeing how the Orion is my all-time favorite Mech, I think it's implementation will pretty much make or break the game for me. I just hope it doesn't take too long to get in the game.

#265 Khan Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts
  • LocationPeriphery

Posted 13 January 2013 - 01:30 PM

It will probably be the first heavy 'mech packing ECM.

Why not?! Atlas DDC, Cicada 3M, and Commando 2D aren't supposed to have it either.
So why not add it to the 75 ton mini-atlas?

#266 Paul MaudDib

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationArrakis

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:06 PM

Looking at the concept art page, I wonder if there will be an annoucement of the drop ship?? Now granted its not a mech or that anyone would have acess to. But why would they put it there if it is not going to be in game somehow?? This maybe something people do want to hear, but just thinking...

Honestly even tho it may not be in the same time line ..i hope for the Mad Dog (vulture).....

Edited by Paul MaudDib, 17 January 2013 - 05:09 PM.

#267 Solis Obscuri

Don't Care How I Want It Now!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 4,751 posts
  • LocationPomme de Terre

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:11 PM

The dropship suffered a CTFC (Crash To Frozen City).

#268 Grey Ghost

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 661 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:42 PM

Per the Content Roadmap I'm worried we won't see this till June-July or even later. :P

Do the Dev that add new Mechs into the game have a dedicated team for that, or are they multitask-ers?

#269 Listless Nomad

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 1,573 posts
  • LocationElsewhere

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:55 PM

They are adding mechs at two per month, one new chassis and one hero mech.

It's not what I think anyone wants but technically they are giving us two mechs per month...

#270 Listless Nomad

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 1,573 posts
  • LocationElsewhere

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:24 PM

View PostThontor, on 24 January 2013 - 01:57 PM, said:

Hero mech is a new variant, not a new mech

They have said they want to increase to two mechs per month... I highly doubt they meant new hero variant plus whole new mech.

I'm well aware of what a hero mech is. That being said, you can't ignore the evidence. Did the devs state they wanted to go to two mechs a month? Yes. Was this before hero mechs were announced? I believe so. Has everything the devs said in the past come true without change? Decidedly no.

I am of the opinion that the devs want to get us the mechs as fast as possible, I just don't believe they have the man power to accomplish that at the moment. I feel like they are content to release a hero mech and a new chassis per month until such time as they have more man power which likely won't occur in the near future. The devs need a money maker and people keep buying hero mechs. They have no incentive to alter their plan, and from the upcoming content thread updated today - I'm seeing one new mech and a new hero mech variant per month.

#271 Grey Ghost

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 661 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:19 PM

View PostThontor, on 24 January 2013 - 01:48 PM, said:

This surprises you?

The devs have said they want to increase the rate to two mechs a month, but no eta on when that will happen.

That's what surprised me, that they didn't seem to increase the rate. If they truly meant an increased rate with the hero Mechs in mind (as suggested by Listless Nomad), then that also surprises me (just not in a good way).

Edited by Grey Ghost, 24 January 2013 - 03:19 PM.

#272 Stingz

• 1,159 posts
  • Location*SIGNAL LOST*

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:49 PM

View PostGrey Ghost, on 24 January 2013 - 03:19 PM, said:

That's what surprised me, that they didn't seem to increase the rate. If they truly meant an increased rate with the hero Mechs in mind (as suggested by Listless Nomad), then that also surprises me (just not in a good way).

Clan OmniMechs need to prepared for March 3050(2013), Clan Invasion.

#273 MWHawke

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 645 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:37 PM

I wanna Orion!!!

#274 Vincent Lynch

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,652 posts
  • LocationVienna

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:38 AM

I'm looking forward to summer too because of the Orion.

#275 Mazzyplz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,292 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 12:57 PM

marik logo is boss on the leg, pwnt!!

#276 Caboose30

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 880 posts
  • LocationNorthern Michigan

Posted 13 March 2013 - 10:56 AM

Definitely on my to-buy list. Going to make sure I have at least $10 mil put aside so I can buy a variant and customize it out the wazoo.

#277 CG Oglethorpe Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 11:31 AM

Have you considered for a moment that they actually are making two mechs a month?

#278 Belorion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,469 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:59 AM

They have to make the clan mechs at some point. They could already be doing this and just not releasing the mechs yet.

#279 Vincent Lynch

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,652 posts
  • LocationVienna

Posted 17 March 2013 - 06:19 PM

I think, as soon as the clans come, we will get two new mechs per month. One Clan, one IS. I also think that they currently do not have the manpower to do more than one new mech per month because they already work on the Clan Mechs and probably plan to come up with at least 4 different Clan Mechs in the first place. So let's say, Clans came in April, with 4 Mechs, then they technically gave us 2 Mechs per month since January. :(
(maybe wishful thinking, but I think we will get a big surprise.)

#280 Onyx Rain

• 1,017 posts
  • LocationOklahoma, EARTH MK II

Posted 18 March 2013 - 09:07 AM

View PostVincent Lynch, on 17 March 2013 - 06:19 PM, said:

I think, as soon as the clans come, we will get two new mechs per month. One Clan, one IS. I also think that they currently do not have the manpower to do more than one new mech per month because they already work on the Clan Mechs and probably plan to come up with at least 4 different Clan Mechs in the first place. So let's say, Clans came in April, with 4 Mechs, then they technically gave us 2 Mechs per month since January. :)
(maybe wishful thinking, but I think we will get a big surprise.)

My guess is they have been developing the clan mechs for some time. They would almost have to have been to have any hope of getting a reasonable number of them in this year. My guess is this is also why some changes/new features are slow to come because in a sense the devs are making the other half of the game while trying to continue to update/improve/add new content to this half.

As for the Orion...No JJs which makes me sad, but otherwise cool...may have to give it a shot.

I think it and every other mech scheduled should go in before the Flea though.

24 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 24 guests, 0 anonymous users