• Pip
  • Survivor
  • 15 posts
  • LocationStuttgart

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:11 AM

1: Archer
2: Archer
3: Arch.....*cough*

I like my indirect LRM Attacks before everyone whines about "unseen mechs", and "nerf ECM" :-)

On a more serious note:
Archer, Warhammer,Crusader

oh also... 3025>>all other things :-P

#82 Mims

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 185 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:30 AM

Mmmmmm the mid-heavies are my favorite. too bad we only have the catapult. This game would be amazing if it had those 3 mechs.

#83 bunny fu fu

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 44 posts
  • LocationAll over

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:17 PM

cauldronborn

#84 Czardread

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 190 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:25 PM

Shadow Hawk, all the way from one end of the universe to another.
nothing beats a faster Dragon with jumpjets.
At least nothing that is not a phoenix hawk doing exactly the same thing. lol

#85 Sleepy Head

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:40 PM

Fafnir.

Oh Fafnir and I go a long way in Mechwarrior 4 and Mercs. I remember the first time seeing it. You all remember your first crush? You thought the girl was ugly/didn't figure it out, yet you kept looking at her and decided you liked her afterall? That's how it was the the Fafnir and I. What made me decide I loved her was those two gigantic barrels that were so big they were not attached to the torso, they were the torso. The Gauss that screamed with fury from her barrels would almost surely knock over any medium and heavy with 1,ooo,ooo Joules of force.

#86 Topsytervy

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 39 posts
  • Locationphx

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:19 PM

it depends on the class of mech...for lts the commando, for med griffon(unseen), for hvy the warhammer-d(unseen), and for assult banshe-s. over all my faverite is the warhammer-d.

#87 Joachim Viltry

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 227 posts
  • LocationTexas, USA, Terra, SOL System, Inner Sphere

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:07 PM

I always loved the Penetrator; ugly as sin and runs hot. But i like her for some reason i can't even fathom.

#88 Nekki Basara

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • LocationDublin

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:48 PM

I love the Kraken 1. The UAC2 and Mgun armament isn't all that great, but with a 3 or better gunner the 2s and 12s start to rack up nicely.

I feel guilty because SO MANY DICE.

#89 Teh Hobo

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 30 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:46 AM

Hatchetman, Nightsky, Axman, Berserker, King Crab and the Longbow are all huge guilty pleasues of mine, especially the little Hatchetman and my evil clown Nightsky.

#90 h00n

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:39 AM

I like PPCs.

I really like PPCs.

My favorite mech was the Marauder, because it looked cool and PPCs and lasers. Lasers cool, so are PPCs. Since that became unseen, Timber Wolf D took its place.

Because PPCs..also streak six boating.

#91 Kahoumono

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:35 PM

The original Marauder.

#92 Rufus Landale

• PipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 29 posts
  • LocationSoutheastern Connecticut USA

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:53 PM

There is but one mech I adore. The Griffin. HERE'S A GRIFFIN THERE'S A GRIFFIN THAT'S A BLOODY LOT OF GRIFFIN FUNNY GRIFFIN FUZZY GRIFFIN GRIFFIN GRIFFIN GOLIATH.

Posted Image

(A comment I made when MW5 was announced.)

And oh I won't not forget the Goliath, the Weeble Wobble mech!

Posted Image

#93 Tramalhas

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 93 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:34 PM

I just really like the whitworth. I've used it a lot in both TT and megamek, and so far it has never failed me.

#94 MadMarauder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 100 posts
  • LocationPlanet Whittington Steiner Space

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:50 PM

I have done bad bad things to others with a 3025 blackjack .. I hated that thing at first 2 AC2's what a joke! then it hit me that thing has 4 medium lasers and that sirs is where it shines! (no pun intended ^_^ )

just a few more I can think of Komodo, BNC-3S Banshee, Enforcer, Flashman (if you have never used this mech try it ...**** train) Wraith,Penetrator was always good Rakshasa the poor mans madcat for a few

clan stuff well the only one that I really really love is the Phoenix Hawk IIC the standard one with the dual ultra 10's that is a BAMF!

I'll hafta go look through my books and see what I missed lol till then seeya

#95 Rift Hawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 532 posts
  • LocationThe moon

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:11 PM

My favorites have to be the Hellbringer, Wolfhound, and Victor.

Edit: I will have to add a few more. Those being the Enforcer and the Centurion (that i was very happy to see in this game)

Edited by Imperial X, 24 January 2013 - 11:12 PM.

#96 Dauphni

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 473 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:22 AM

It's Clan, so that makes it guilty right there, but I have a huge soft spot for the Nova (Black Hawk). 12 Clan ER Medium Lasers on a 50 ton Mech? Yes, please! The goofy visual design adds to its underdog appeal. A profile so low that the torso is literally between its hip joints? We don't need no stinkin' torso twist! Add the relatively oversized legs, and this thing has serious character.

The Mad Dog (Vulture) impresses me as well. It just seems so much better designed for battle than other BT Mechs. It's got the cockpit on top, so it can perfectly survey the battlefield. Its front profile is minimised, and the arms are reduced to simple, yet flexible, weapon mounts. There's nothing extraneous at all about this Mech!

#97 Steinar Bergstol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,622 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:02 PM

View PostRufus Landale, on 24 January 2013 - 07:53 PM, said:

There is but one mech I adore. The Griffin. HERE'S A GRIFFIN THERE'S A GRIFFIN THAT'S A BLOODY LOT OF GRIFFIN FUNNY GRIFFIN FUZZY GRIFFIN GRIFFIN GRIFFIN GOLIATH.

Posted Image

(A comment I made when MW5 was announced.)

And oh I won't not forget the Goliath, the Weeble Wobble mech!

Posted Image

Love the paintjob on the big Griffin model in the first picture. That's from Revell's "Robotech Defenders" series of model kits if I'm not mistaken. I used to have one of those myself, as well as a Thunderbolt which came in a set with an attack helicopter. They were a lot of fun to put together, but unfortunately I lost them during a move years ago.

#98 Bleary

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 365 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 03:35 AM

Locust IIC

I overlooked the IIC for a long time. I had the 3055 TRO for 6 years and I never ran it once. Then my friends started holding FFA tournaments: each person was given a BV allowance to buy a 'Mech. If you won a match, your allowance for the next match was reduced. If you got eliminated early, you were given a handicap. If you came over/under budget, you were given a bonus or penalty to your pilot roll. Somewhere along the line I'd won a match or two and my BV budget was really low. I could buy a medium, but I'd have a green pilot. Or I could take a light. I stumbled across the IIC.

The thing is a kamikaze demon. It's a pocket Nova that can run 130 kph. It's a Mech tailor-made for screaming into brawls and ripping the backs out of unsuspecting heavies. It may not come out in one piece, but who cares? The Locust is one of my favorite 'Mechs in the game (my first Battletech memory was watching my father run around Crimson Hawk in his Locust) and the Locust IIC is my favorite variant.

Also the Longbow. It's the hipster's Archer. The Unseen mini is sweet, and it was one of my ex-girlfriend's favorite rides after one match where her crazy zombie Longbow simply would not die. It ended up spending half a dozen rounds stumbling around with no side torso and a shot up gyro, and still managed to popgun another 'Mech to death with its CT lasers before we brought it down.

Edited by Bleary, 27 January 2013 - 04:03 AM.

#99 Pastor Priest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:08 PM

View PostMadMarauder, on 24 January 2013 - 10:50 PM, said:

just a few more I can think of Komodo, BNC-3S Banshee, Enforcer, Flashman (if you have never used this mech try it ...**** train) Wraith,Penetrator was always good Rakshasa the poor mans madcat for a few

Flashman FTW. I started off playing MW2: Mercs, and that was my mech of choice. I usually swapped the flamer out for another MLAS. I only played against the comp, which made it a little less exciting, but I still have a slight grin thinking about one-shotting those Catapults, or that other Flashman with a 2x LLAS, 6x MLAS alpha to the cockpit. My shining moment was later in the game, you're escaping from a clan camp, and on the way to the dropship you have to head down a 1 km long valley with a Warhawk at the end. You get a stock Flashman. It came down to me with just a flamer, and I managed to hit him enough times to either cause his engine to overheat or his ammo to detonate. It was beautiful.

Edited by Pastor Priest, 17 February 2013 - 12:09 PM.

#100 Wrayeth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 221 posts
  • LocationHesperus II

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:15 PM

To anyone who mentioned the Penetrator as their guilty pleasure, may I suggest the Templar TLRO-1 C? It takes it to a whole 'nother level: 5 medium pulse lasers, 1 ER medium laser, 1 ER PPC, 1 LB20-X, and jump jets for 4/6/4 movement!

For me, I always feel slightly guilty when I bring an assault heavy force (which is...very frequent) as I know they're not the most versatile mechs out there. Moreover, I used to feel truly guilty when fielding assault mechs that are built to engage in melee.

Then I used the Banshee BNC-8S and the Atlas AS8-D a few times.

Now I don't feel guilty at all. Even if I never get in a physical attack, my opponents are so busy trying to stay away from my TSMed monstrosities that I can often push them around the board in a manner I choose or get them to ignore other threats while they focus on taking my beast down. And, on those occasions I get a chance to actually land a blow, it's devastating.

I recall one occasion when a Firestarter omni jumped right behind my BNC-8S, hoping to take it down by either causing it to overheat (since it was already at 9 heat) or penetrating its rear armor. I'd dropped a 3/4 pilot into the mech, and the look on Firestarter's player's face when I told him I was torso twisted left and only needed an 8 to hit his medium mech with a 38-point axe was priceless...as was the aftermath when I rolled an 11.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users