25 replies to this topic

#1 EnigmaNL

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 379 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 20 December 2012 - 02:27 AM

I have a question about the cadet bonus.

I noticed in a couple of screenshots that people who get the cadet bonus also gain a premium bonus along with this (so 50% of this cadet bonus extra).

Did the rest of us, who already played more than 25 matches, also get 50% extra? We got 8 million c-bills but does that include the premium bonus? I don't think so.

Any official word on this?

#2 Slaytronic

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 475 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 02:29 AM

heck i made more money with repairs and rearm i'm losing about 100k a round so not cool

#3 Sarevos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 20 December 2012 - 02:33 AM

View PostEnigmaNL, on 20 December 2012 - 02:27 AM, said:

I noticed in a couple of screenshots that people who get the cadet bonus also gain a premium bonus along with this (so 50% of this cadet bonus extra).

Did the rest of us, who already played more than 25 matches, also get 50% extra? We got 8 million c-bills but does that include the premium bonus? I don't think so.

You get free retroactive cash aimed at new players and you complain that you shouldve gotten more?

View PostSlaytronic, on 20 December 2012 - 02:29 AM, said:

heck i made more money with repairs and rearm i'm losing about 100k a round so not cool

Without premium or a hero mech I regularly turn out 100-135k per match (70-90k on a loss) you obviously arent doing enough =/

#4 Sears

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 973 posts
  • LocationU.K

Posted 20 December 2012 - 02:33 AM

I assume the R&R costs that worked into the rewards system is averaging out about 40k. In assault if I play well I get about 40k less in rewards. Which sounds about right. If you're lower down on the scoreboard then yeah you make a lot less money. Which can be irritating sometimes as you can have those matches where you're always in the wrong places as all the action happens.

#5 EnigmaNL

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 379 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 20 December 2012 - 02:36 AM

View PostSlaytronic, on 20 December 2012 - 02:29 AM, said:

This topic is not about the new rewards system and/or the removal of repair and rearm.

View PostSarevos, on 20 December 2012 - 02:33 AM, said:

You get free retroactive cash aimed at new players and you complain that you shouldve gotten more?

Just asking, read my post better.

Edited by EnigmaNL, 20 December 2012 - 02:37 AM.

#6 Sarevos

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 20 December 2012 - 02:40 AM

View PostSears, on 20 December 2012 - 02:33 AM, said:

I assume the R&R costs that worked into the rewards system is averaging out about 40k. In assault if I play well I get about 40k less in rewards. Which sounds about right. If you're lower down on the scoreboard then yeah you make a lot less money. Which can be irritating sometimes as you can have those matches where you're always in the wrong places as all the action happens.

I think thats about right I can play around with my builds now without worrying about incurring money loss on a win (which happened alot before with LRMS or an XL =/) I like it and will now start buying paint jobs for my favorite mechs and some extra mech bays from the start repairs and rearm should be in the contract. If they wont pay for damages then whoever negotiated your contract is garbage XD

View PostEnigmaNL, on 20 December 2012 - 02:36 AM, said:

This topic is not about the new rewards system and/or the removal of repair and rearm.

Just asking, read my post better.

The funny thing about text is it lacks tone using "did x? I dont think so" is commonly associated with remarks of a sarcastic nature without the qualifier "Just wondering" or "just confirming" I'm inclined to believe you're being indignant.

#7 EnigmaNL

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 379 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 20 December 2012 - 02:57 AM

View PostSarevos, on 20 December 2012 - 02:40 AM, said:

The funny thing about text is it lacks tone using "did x? I dont think so" is commonly associated with remarks of a sarcastic nature without the qualifier "Just wondering" or "just confirming" I'm inclined to believe you're being indignant.

Take into consideration that not everybody on these forums are native English speakers so sometimes subtle things like that might be unknown. Don't just assume I was being sarcastic, I wasn't. I was just asking.

Edited by EnigmaNL, 20 December 2012 - 03:14 AM.

#8 Sarevos

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:06 AM

View PostEnigmaNL, on 20 December 2012 - 02:57 AM, said:

Take into consideration that not everybody on these forums are native English speakers so sometimes subtle things like that might be unknown. Don't just assume I was being sarcast, I wasn't. I was just asking.

I understand its why i pointed out the use of the statement and its natural link to sarcasm I noticed your location? I'm not being venomous just explaining why i said that is all haha. Dont worry if im being an a$$ expect a -____- to follow the statement lol

#9 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:13 AM

View PostEnigmaNL, on 20 December 2012 - 02:27 AM, said:

Possibly they have paid for Premium time?

#10 Sarevos

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:22 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 20 December 2012 - 03:13 AM, said:

Possibly they have paid for Premium time?

I think hes saying his prem was active during this point and was wondering if he was supposed to get 50% extra in the lump sum

Edited by Sarevos, 20 December 2012 - 03:22 AM.

#11 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:42 AM

Oh! Well they gave us a 7.8 Mil lump. That isn't enough "free money"?

#12 EnigmaNL

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 379 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 20 December 2012 - 04:18 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 20 December 2012 - 03:42 AM, said:

Oh! Well they gave us a 7.8 Mil lump. That isn't enough "free money"?

They gave us that amount because new players would receive an equal sum. Now they get 50% extra if they have premium.

I'm not sure if they intended existing premium members to not get that 50% extra that new players do.

#13 PurpleNinja

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,097 posts
  • LocationMIA

Posted 20 December 2012 - 05:05 AM

View PostSarevos, on 20 December 2012 - 02:33 AM, said:

Without premium or a hero mech I regularly turn out 100-135k per match (70-90k on a loss) you obviously arent doing enough =/

Me too, now that I can fully unleash my LRMs, I'm making a lot more money.
Assist on every kill I didn't do myself.

;) :)

#14 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 05:11 AM

View PostEnigmaNL, on 20 December 2012 - 04:18 AM, said:

They gave us that amount because new players would receive an equal sum. Now they get 50% extra if they have premium.

I'm not sure if they intended existing premium members to not get that 50% extra that new players do.

We also got to get the Founders Package and everything that goes with it, plus be in closed beta. So if the DEVs want to give me a present I will happily accept and not ask, "Where's the pretty red bow?"

#15 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 20 December 2012 - 05:15 AM

I see where you're coming from.

A new player with premium and cadet bonus will make a lot more money than a 25+ matches player who recieved a lump sum. But no, there was no premium factored into the lum-sum payment- every player in excess of 25 matches were given the same amount.

BUT You also have to factor in the amount of c-bills you already earned from your premium time, which will be millions of c-bills. What you are suggesting is to "double dip" your premium time, which is not necessary.

The lump-sum (7.2 million c-bills) was not meant to exactly match the total payout of the cadet bonus (8.6 million c-bills, not counting premium) but it was meant as a reasonable payment in lieu of the cadet bonus.

#16 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 05:21 AM

View PostRedshift2k5, on 20 December 2012 - 05:15 AM, said:

I see where you're coming from.

A new player with premium and cadet bonus will make a lot more money than a 25+ matches player who recieved a lump sum. But no, there was no premium factored into the lum-sum payment- every player in excess of 25 matches were given the same amount.

BUT You also have to factor in the amount of c-bills you already earned from your premium time, which will be millions of c-bills. What you are suggesting is to "double dip" your premium time, which is not necessary.

The lump-sum (7.2 million c-bills) was not meant to exactly match the total payout of the cadet bonus (8.6 million c-bills, not counting premium) but it was meant as a reasonable payment in lieu of the cadet bonus.

Except I haven't used my premium time. I used the preimium time I was given for free(through out closed and from the beginning of Open Beta), and the Premium time I have been paying for. I don't feel cheated or owed anthing more than I have paid for already. So long as I get to activate My Premium time, at my choosing, I will get everything I deserve and not a credit more.

#17 EnigmaNL

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 379 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 20 December 2012 - 06:40 AM

View PostRedshift2k5, on 20 December 2012 - 05:15 AM, said:

You are right. But I never got the opportunity to earn 200k premium bonus per match ;).

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 20 December 2012 - 05:11 AM, said:

We also got to get the Founders Package and everything that goes with it, plus be in closed beta. So if the DEVs want to give me a present I will happily accept and not ask, "Where's the pretty red bow?"

We didn't "get" the founders package, we bought it, with cold hard cash, big difference :). Also everybody in the world got the same chance we did, they just didn't take it.

It would be cool if they just gave all of us 25 matches cadet bonus B)

Edited by EnigmaNL, 20 December 2012 - 06:45 AM.

#18 Sarevos

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 20 December 2012 - 06:55 AM

View PostTennex, on 20 December 2012 - 06:52 AM, said:

Are you perhaps of the jewish ethnicity

bad Tennex! No biscuits...

View PostEnigmaNL, on 20 December 2012 - 06:40 AM, said:

You are right. But I never got the opportunity to earn 200k premium bonus per match :)

We didn't "get" the founders package, we bought it, with cold hard cash, big difference :). Also everybody in the world got the same chance we did, they just didn't take it.

It would be cool if they just gave all of us 25 matches cadet bonus :)

Right but you/we dont need that bonus, NEW PLAYERS do, so they can learn easily. We had plenty of time to learn and were lucky they gave us anything at all lol ...

#19 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 06:57 AM

View PostEnigmaNL, on 20 December 2012 - 06:40 AM, said:

You are right. But I never got the opportunity to earn 200k premium bonus per match :).

It would be cool if they just gave all of us 25 matches cadet bonus :)

Yes and I still am holding on to mine. Cause I paid for that Premium time for when I start playing the game. WHich I haven't received yet. Second people don't have the option to join Founders any more. Like I said If The DEVs wanted to give me 8Mil I'll take it. But i won't ask for them to put a bow on it too. Thats just being greedy.

#20 Apoc1138

• 1,708 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 20 December 2012 - 07:03 AM

hang on... so they gave us 2-3 weeks of free premium... and now 8million cbills... and your first response is "where's the rest"

also, what screenshots?
I haven't seen any that show that premium converts the 400k cadet bonus in to 600k with premium

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users