• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 792 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 25 December 2012 - 03:04 PM

View PostRocketmanZero, on 25 December 2012 - 02:00 PM, said:

What are their loadouts?

Also when you say double elite perks, do you mean they literally have x2 on their elite abilities? How do you get that?

Meant double basic
DDC
D
RS

#23 RocketmanZero

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 60 posts
  • LocationBrawling Distance

Posted 25 December 2012 - 03:32 PM

View PostIndoorsman, on 25 December 2012 - 03:04 PM, said:

Meant double basic

Yeah you just got me really excited there for a minute thinking about double elite. :D

#24 hercules1981

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 307 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:27 AM

Wait call me stupid for even asking this. But when u say 2x basic u mean when u get to elite all 8 basic attributes r doubled I have only gotten to elite with 1mech and thought I noticed a 2x next to the basics but it was in the hunchback mech and don't care to much for the smaller mechs so sold it and never thought about the 2x thing again till now so say torso twist will b 20% more. Thanks for answering, and don't bust on me just cause I told u too. :huh:

#25 kilgor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 346 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:43 AM

STD 300
16 Double Heat Sinks
2 x PPC
1 x Gauss Rifle
4 tons Gauss Ammo
C.A.S.E.
3 x Streak SRM-2
1 ton SSRM Ammo
Guardian ECM

This build can keep up a good rate of firing as long as you don't alpha and single fire the PPCs and Gauss. I see quite a few 'Mechs decide the constant pounding isn't worth it and leave to find someone easier to attack. The SSRMs are group fired and are primarily for Light' Mechs as you can switch to counter mode on the Guardian ECM to be able to fire them off, provided it isn't a group of ECM lights. The SSRMs are also good for close range damage, but they push the heat. Also, if you aim the PPCs well, you can do a lot of damage to a Light 'Mech too.

As to how well the build does, the best match with that I had with it, in one match I luckily managed to take out 7 'Mechs after my team was wiped out and win and got 8 kills in another match with 2 other 'Mechs left beside myself. But, the norm is getting focused fired down pretty quickly by a more organized group on the other side, but even then, I quite often have very high damage done.

#26 hercules1981

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 307 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:36 PM

St 335 engine
2 med.pulse laser
2ultra AC 5
2 ssrm
1 srm6
15 Dhs
ECM
1ton ssrm ammo
7tons ultra ammo
1ton srm ammo
Endo steel

Edited by hercules1981, 07 January 2013 - 02:42 PM.

#27 RocketmanZero

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 60 posts
  • LocationBrawling Distance

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:19 AM

View Posthercules1981, on 01 January 2013 - 06:27 AM, said:

Wait call me stupid for even asking this. But when u say 2x basic u mean when u get to elite all 8 basic attributes r doubled I have only gotten to elite with 1mech and thought I noticed a 2x next to the basics but it was in the hunchback mech and don't care to much for the smaller mechs so sold it and never thought about the 2x thing again till now so say torso twist will b 20% more. Thanks for answering, and don't bust on me just cause I told u too. ;)

Yes that's correct, I was referring to getting all 8 basic attributes doubled when i said '2x basic', ans yes that means you torso twist would be 20% more since that attribute is doubled.

Edited by RocketmanZero, 08 January 2013 - 01:19 AM.

#28 GrogX

• PipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 46 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 01:52 AM

View Postneviu, on 24 December 2012 - 11:54 AM, said:

best brawling ddc build.

2 lla
3srm 6
ac 20
dhs
300 engine
ecm
stacking only heatsinks
and putting ammo legs head,
i changed 1 heatsink
for 1 more ton of ammo in the missle torso
but thats up to you
gotta shave some leg armour to,

firing lla only on range,
firing the rest when close,
you can 2 shot alot of guys if done right,

I made a derp mistake and bought EndoSteel before looking at critical slot space and can't make it work. I'd like to go for this build but that's a lot of c-bills to waste to switch back to regular internal structure. I keep ending with 5'ish tons left over and nothing to do with them, upgrading the engine only nets about 4kph more so doesn't seem worth it either. I'm running the above build except for 2 LB-10X ac's and AMS and like it so far. I've read about it being a "troll build" because of the shotguns but it seems to do the job if you can peel some armor off first. On a different note, I can't seem to put a page break in, is there a different command than the enter key? Walls of text are no good.

#29 Carrioncrows

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 2,949 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:28 AM

"Obsidian"

300 XL
ECM
14 DHS
x2 Lg Lasers
Gauss Rifle (4 tons of ammo)
LRM20 (3 tons of ammo)
x2 SRM6 (2 tons of ammo)

Just sit back and play it chill, stay with in range but no need to close in on the fights, but if the fight comes to you this is where you have the x2 SRM6's for.

#30 Kasdam672

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 09:24 PM

Missiles who uses missiles...oh $h17.

300 standard
2 ML
1 LRM 20
2 LRM 15
10 tons of lrm ammo
ECM
fill the rest with SHS

first off, 90 lrm damage

sure there are other mechs that can missile boat better (stalker) but none of them can counter the little scout b@$tard that decided to get up near you with his ecm.

at the start of the match tell your team that you are a lrm boat (I usually say "press r for lrm love" it gets the point across with few words and may make some laugh which is slightly rewarding i guess. this will usually make people want to maintain a lock when they can expect 50 lrms to come out of the sky.
STAY BACK! you are useless up close. those 2 ML's are there solely there to poke lights in the legs to make them scram when you do enough damage.

pick your targets wisely. dont go for a light unless you know you can hit it before it gets behind cover. look for consistent locks dont shoot at one that is blinking on and off a lot.

try to stay behind cover and use indirect fire just because you have ecm doesnt mean they wont find you. try to semi stay with the group. it lets them run to the cover of your ecm and gives you protection. that being said this mech works great in a group if they are coordinated and wont leave you to die.

this mech is less efficient on river city and frozen city because of the buildings getting in the way so you will only get away with maybe 300+ damage if the scouts dont get a hold of you on forest colony and caustic valley i have done 1400+ damage on a good day, and i mean a good day 800 is common

i dont chain fire my missiles i like the one big group because it seems to get through ams better (less time for the ams to shoot)

you will have to take off about a ton of armor i believe to make the 10 tons of ammo fit it might have been a half ton that i took off to compensate for the ecm's 1.5 tons (its not the end of the world you wont be brawling anyway).

dont fill your legs with ammo fill them with heat sinks so you can stand in water to reduce heat

heat is not a big problem but you will over heat after about 6 volleys that being said thats 300 missiles (540 damage if they all hit.)

if you want specifics let me know i will post them i just didn't want to look tonight.

#31 Ursh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,321 posts
  • LocationMother Russia

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:20 PM

For missile boating

3x LRM15+artemis
1x TAG
1x ER-Llaser
300 std

Lots and lots of ammo. TAG your own targets, because you know the pugs won't.

#32 Bad Brad Keselowski

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationHalloran V, defending Transpax Corporation from taxing authorities

Posted 13 January 2013 - 01:46 AM

Missile boating on a D-DC should not be underestimated.

I run with 3xLRM15 and AC/20 quite well. Have Artemis equipped, but I'm still doubtful if it's any use, since the D-DC has only 10+6 missile tubes which gives quite a good concentration already

#33 Cest7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,781 posts
  • LocationMaple Ditch

Posted 13 January 2013 - 04:53 AM

My DDC is... interesting. Fun to play, ECM brawler. 62kph

STD 350
Gauss
3xSSRM2
2xLL
ECM
14DHS
Endo-Steel

This is after a few days of tweaking, I think I have it where I want it.

#34 elde

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 77 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:16 AM

View PostCest7, on 13 January 2013 - 04:53 AM, said:

My DDC is... interesting. Fun to play, ECM brawler. 62kph

STD 350
Gauss
3xSSRM2
2xLL
ECM
14DHS
Endo-Steel

This is after a few days of tweaking, I think I have it where I want it.

I run a similar config, though I've traded the Gauss for AC/20 and use a smaller engine, STD300. Sometimes I swap (some of) the Streaks for SRM6's. Works well in a brawl.

#35 Drehl

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 320 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:02 AM

this is mine:

Close range brawler:

STD340 (55...60 kph)
16 DHS (1.05 heat eff.)
Endosteel
ECM
Armor max. except legs

1x AC20 (3t ammo)
3x SRM4 (2t ammo)
2x ER-LL

I think most guys here won't recommend using those ER-LLs but I don't like beeing helples out of 450 resp. 270m. Also lot of games are starting with some longe range sniping/shooting. I tried to fit in an 350 Engine for the additional DHS slot but it didn't work properly.

Most important for this build is your heat management (resulting in being over 70% heat most time). If you're going to alpha twice you will overheat... so usullay I start a fight with an alpha... thats enough burst damage to make your opponent fall back a little and then I continue firing my ac and the srms on cooldown. since you won't always be able to place a safe shot (and one should use his ammo requiring weapons exclusively for safe shots), even in a hot fight your weapons will cool down after a while and you can use the ER-LLs again.
If you're using just the ER-LLs you can also fire them almost on CD.

this build works pretty well for me... usually i'm doing 700-1100 Dmg (personal record ~1350) and 2-4 kills per match.

protip: due their massive armament its dangereous to face stalkers 1:1 and standing still... but you can circle around them and kill them with the extender firing angle of your arms... same with bad atlas pilots. yesterday I was out of ammo and cored 2 guys like this.

(hope my english isn't that bad :wub:)

Edited by Drehl, 14 January 2013 - 01:04 AM.

#36 KerenskyClone

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:46 AM

The Persecutor MK2!

2xLLAS
3xSSRM2 3tons ammo
1xAC20 5 tons
Std300 engine
ECM
DHS (as many as you can fit in there)

This is currently my Atlas of choice, its a brawler at heart but with the Lasers you can engage at range as well. Pesky lights will quickly turn tail and run when you start pelting them with your Streaks, with other mechs aim for the face and let rip with your alpha and watch them melt away....

Fun, fun build....

#37 twibs

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:47 PM

Endo... just can't see it working. Sure you can fit more but good luck getting any heatsinks in. And for me the atlas needs the heat eff most of the chassises since it can't easily back up to cool.

Sure you can fire one or two alpha with 2 LL and 3 SRM6 but after that it seems to me that you're just toast.

The build I run.
Std 300
2 MPL
3 SRM6+Artemis
Gauss
18 DHS

I can deliver alpha after alpha and then switch to next target without breaking a sweat.

#38 Limekiller

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:01 AM

How about the following build?

AS7-D-DC

Std 310
2 LL
3 SRM 6 + artemis (4tons)
Gauss (2 tons)
AMS (1 ton)
13 DHS
592/614 armor.

Endo, DHS, Artemis, ECM, 1.09 heat efficiency.

#39 Kenwa Mabuni

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:50 AM

View PostRocketmanZero, on 25 December 2012 - 01:23 PM, said:

Right now my current version gets 0.99 for heat efficiency which isn't great but pretty much all of my Atlases get around 0.94-0.99 with the exception ok my K which is 1.14.

I run a D-DC with heat eff at 1.28 and firepower 75. 2 mLas, 3 srm6+artemis, 1 ac20, ecm, 17dhs, std300 engine and max armor. not many heat issues what so ever. I used to run 2 LLas and 3 ssrm2's with relatively low heat problems aswell. Main difference is the current fit is more close range with more punch, old fit is mid/long range with less punch. Both are very fun.

#40 Orgasmo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 320 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:01 PM

Gauss Build: AS7-D-DC

STD 340 Engine
1X Gauss Rifle (CASE, 4 tons ammo)
2X ML
3X SRM 6 (3 tons ammo)
ECM + AMS
Endo and DHS
Note: Soften target as you close in the distance. Make sure to twist your torso to spread the damage out when they are firing at you. Once you get within 150m, let them have it with your SRMs.

AC Build: AS7-D-DC

STD 350
1X AC 10 (4 tons ammo)
2X ML
3X SRM 6 (3 tons ammo)
ECM + AMS
Endo and DHS

Note: Not as much alpha damage as the gauss build, but STD 350 engine allows faster speed and torso twist. Same strategy as the gauss build, except you can spam AC 10 alot more liberally since you have 60 shots to play with. No need to worry about running out of ammo.

Edited by Orgasmo, 15 January 2013 - 02:01 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users