Atlas As7 D-Dc Builds And Reviews

96 replies to this topic

#61 Goose Igaly

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 282 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 11:15 AM

I personally enjoy my 2ML, AC20, 3SRM6+art DDC. Running a standard 350 lets me move about at 63kph with speed tweak. ECM equipped, this dude is entirely short range based. The AC20 can reach out and touch, but I prefer to keep the long range shots to a minimum as I load in with 28 shots. 3-4 tons SRM ammo (depending on your trigger finger) means you'll be backing this dude down to 512 armor. Your legs will be down to half armor and you'll be pulling several points out of the arms.

Rely on your ECM and speed to get you positioned for a fight. Watch your team, watch the enemy. Plan your movements and make use of the larger engine to assist in flanks. Don't be afraid to pull off the main front if you can group up with that lance that's flanking.

The low armor means you can't tank as much as other varients, but at 66 firepower and 1.33 heat efficiency, you'll get several rotations through your weapon groups before your heat warning starts blaring. Once it does, drop usage of the SRMs and use your ac20 and lasers to finish them off. Chances are you've opened him up by this time, so the SRMs are just excess heat and spread damage.

Have been rolled in this mech from overconfidence, but I have certainly destroyed lances as well. I had a match the other night with 800+ damage, 4 kills, 7 assists. Takes some getting used to, but try it out.

*Final note, you'll need case in the side torsos as the ammo in the arms will transfer and give you a bad day. I'll post a smurfy link when I get home as my smurfy build online right now is out of date.

#62 Rebas Kradd

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,969 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 12:42 PM

View PostNRP, on 24 January 2014 - 11:49 AM, said:

Please don't run LRMs on your Atlas. You're screwing your team over hard if you do.

The Atlas is supposed to punch a hole. The LL/ASRM6/AC20 Atlas is much more valuable to your team than the coward who sits back 500-700m in relative safety lobbing useless LRM barrages while his teammates at the front lines are slowly overwhelmed by superior numbers.

TL:DR
If you play an Atlas, man up and be a team player. Otherwise, drive some other mech. A 100 ton slot is a lot to waste.

I punch holes AND lob barrages. My barrages, of course, are far from useless.

#63 Alienfreak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 01:23 AM

D-DC "Long Range LURM and SNIBBUR"
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...8a4f1ea0f94cef8

3xLURMZ15 for bitching LOS and NOLOS (dat delicious screen shake)
2xAC5 for LOS and close encounters

D-DC "High Pinpoint Alpha (30dmg) and allrounder"
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...67c8448507d999f

2xPPC
2xAC5
3xSSRM2

PPC&AC together for 30dmg pinpoint alphas over long and medium distances. AC5s for sustained fire (heat) and closer encounters.
SSRMs for close encounters and lights. You can probably swap these for 3xSRM4.

Edited by Alienfreak, 31 January 2014 - 01:33 AM.

#64 ImperialKnight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 02:53 AM

This

I don't care what people say about an Atlas, a DDC is a huge asset to the team due to the ECM coverage. You should NOT be in front but in the middle of the deathball or even near the back, giving your team the ECM edge.

The brawling builds are meant for the other Atlas variants. Trust me, if I see a DDC in front of the pack, I WILL NOT STOP until I focus it down. A lot of people gun for the DDC. You can tank a little later in the game, but not lead the first charge.

#65 Alienfreak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 04:49 AM

View Postknightsljx, on 31 January 2014 - 02:53 AM, said:

This

I don't care what people say about an Atlas, a DDC is a huge asset to the team due to the ECM coverage. You should NOT be in front but in the middle of the deathball or even near the back, giving your team the ECM edge.

The brawling builds are meant for the other Atlas variants. Trust me, if I see a DDC in front of the pack, I WILL NOT STOP until I focus it down. A lot of people gun for the DDC. You can tank a little later in the game, but not lead the first charge.

If you don't want to be a brawler (which you aren't with your layout) your engine is too big. A Std325 also has 3 internal HS plus you save flat 3.5 tons of weight. You can easily fit in two additional DHS plus a ton of ammo with that. Notice that you only have 14 rounds of AC20 ammo. That is BY FAR too little. An AC20 still deals 10 points of damage at 540 meters, making it worth to take some shots. But you will need more rounds for that.

Plus you do not have a BAP. A 100ton ECM Mech without a BAP? Now that is what I call a waste. Better go this way (if you want to keep your basic layout)
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...6ac43acd3c6d836

#66 Wrenchfarm

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 04:43 AM

View PostAlienfreak, on 31 January 2014 - 04:49 AM, said:

If you don't want to be a brawler (which you aren't with your layout) your engine is too big. A Std325 also has 3 internal HS plus you save flat 3.5 tons of weight. You can easily fit in two additional DHS plus a ton of ammo with that. Notice that you only have 14 rounds of AC20 ammo. That is BY FAR too little. An AC20 still deals 10 points of damage at 540 meters, making it worth to take some shots. But you will need more rounds for that.

Plus you do not have a BAP. A 100ton ECM Mech without a BAP? Now that is what I call a waste. Better go this way (if you want to keep your basic layout)
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...6ac43acd3c6d836

BAP does not cancel enemy ECM when equipped with ECM itself. You're only benefiting from the increased radar range and lock time of BAP, non of the secondary features.

Seems like a waste on the D-DC.

#67 Black Alexidor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 111 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 08:08 AM

Seems like a lot of people here like to run slow, hot builds...

The Atlas is a tanking machine, not so much nowadays, but it's imperative, imho, that a mid to close range Atlas should never sac dps for heat management. Once you start cycling weapons after 15 seconds of battle you lose out on a ton of dps had you had a more heat neutral build. BTW, this isnt talking to anyone who has LRMs equip in their Atlas or plays strictly back line Atlas.

These are my current D-DC setups:

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...26c68c89d75271e

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...a4bf8988d0832ea

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...0417979063c6fb9

#68 FoxTrot05

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 49 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 11:32 AM

I would like to buy a DDC and am looking at loading it out like my Higlander 733C with 2x large lasers, AC20, and LRM5's and/or LRM15's. Three LRM5's are good at dusting lights, mediums, and poorly armored boomjeager arms without the need for artemis, plus gives me something to do while I close. I know lights can out run LRM tracking and likey have ECM, but I dislike the short range of SRM's and ECM makes streaks a liability too. I never carry more than 2 tons of LRM ammo, and that 2nd ton always feeds a LRM15.

I don't see it as a back field mech. More like 2nd wave once the two murder balls connect. I like to feel like a battle ship that engages the biggest targets and try and punch a hole in their line(from cover). Mountains and buildings still take alot more damage than that 100 ton monster.

#69 Linksdx

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 91 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 10:57 AM

this is my basic D-DC setup
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...c9e54e87c9c7e7e

decided to skip out SSRM's since being able to lock to make sure is nice but the ability to fire when needed i found was alot more helpful for building popper's then haveing to wait for lock on's

#70 DONTOR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,806 posts
  • LocationStuck on a piece of Commando in my Ice Ferret

Posted 14 February 2014 - 11:09 AM

DDC
Name: Full Choke
340 standard
ECM
2PPCs
2LBX10
5 tons ammo

Before I started using this build my DDC had a 1.75 KDR, since then it has been going up steadily now at 2.28 and climbing.
Basically destroys lights, has some pinpoint, a cool down weapon group, is fairly fast (60KPH), targets 300M to 90M get torn apart. and inside 90M its still capable of finishing, and capable of finishing up to 800M(or whatever PPCs max range is lol)

#71 Reported for Inappropriate Name

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,767 posts
  • LocationAmericlap

Posted 20 June 2014 - 02:27 PM

AS7 D-DC "The Duke"
upgrades
Endo
DHS
Artemis

Equipment
STD 350+4 DHS
ECM

Location/Weapon/ammo quantity
Right Torso AC/20 3 tons
Right Torso 1 MG .5 tons
Left Torso 3x SRM6+a 3.5 tons (if ammo is an issue reduce one srm 6 to srm 4)
R/L Arms2x ML

remove armor from legs when required.

And contrary to popular belief you can brawl and survive in a D-DC, the secret is a big engine and ambush tier positioning near the main skirmish group (so you can gibe ecm cover) with a reliable exit strategy for when they notice you. Most people elect to walk out into firing squads, don't be most people.

Edited by Battlecruiser, 20 June 2014 - 02:52 PM.

#72 Alianton

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 105 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 10:44 AM

This is my D-DC build. kind of slow since I'm still using the stock engine, I scavanged the srm4 from my on1-k and bought another srm4. it's cool enough for me to rely mostly on my AC20 and srms, as well as using my MPLs and srms for light smacking

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...9813043abbe344c

#73 Pekiti

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

Posted 21 June 2014 - 11:00 AM

AEGIS Ultra AC5s

AEGIS Standard AC5s

Same build essentially. I prefer the triple LRM5s and the standard AC5s (I set for chain fire and just double tap if I want a rapid fire). Large pulse lasers are good for lights and brawling in general, and the LRMs let me assist the team while I tromp to wherever the Big Fight is going to happen. Always carry a UAV consumable, its better than the risk of toggling your ECM between Disrupt and Counter.

If you want more range, you can swap the LPLs to LLs instead, keeping triple LRMs and the UACs:
AEGIS LL and UAC5

I've run all three builds, and the LPL version is the one that worked best for me, but all three builds work just fine.

Edited by Pekiti, 21 June 2014 - 11:12 AM.

#74 Pekiti

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

Posted 21 June 2014 - 11:10 AM

View PostAlianton, on 21 June 2014 - 10:44 AM, said:

This is my D-DC build. kind of slow since I'm still using the stock engine, I scavanged the srm4 from my on1-k and bought another srm4. it's cool enough for me to rely mostly on my AC20 and srms, as well as using my MPLs and srms for light smacking

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...9813043abbe344c

As a suggestion, if you upgrade to DHS, you could replace all of those SHS with 8 doubles, and have 6 tons left over to upgrade your lasers to ER Large. You will still run cooler than you are now, and have more reach/damage.

Alionton Upgraded Mk1

#75 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 21 June 2014 - 12:00 PM

Right now my DDC is pretty much the same old one I liked to use.

DHS/Artemis/Endo
Large Laserx2, Gauss Riflex1, Gauss Ammox4, SRM6x3, SRM Ammox4, ECM, AMS, AMS Ammox2

I also like using the AMS modules for those times that missiles do get through ECM.

#76 Nick Rarang

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 81 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 08:38 PM

Std armor, dhs, std270, 2 lbx10's 4 tons ammo, 3 srm6 - a 5 tons ammo, ecm. Highest 6 kills 11 assists 1600 dmg. Murderous SOB at close range. Ninja style ecm ambush.

#77 GeeRam

• Pip
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 12:46 PM

Std engine 300 (comes with mech)
SRM 4 (x3)
AC/5 (x2)
Large Laser (x2)
ECM (x1)
Double Heatsinks (x18)
C.A.S.E (x1)
SRM ammo (x3)
AC/5 ammo (x4)
Full armor (leg armor 33 each)
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...a3d98a786b11225

Can also switch out AC/5 and SRM 4 for AC/20 and SRM 6. This is cheaper and less altering of stock loadout.
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...370a94c3fbfbec1

Both of these are close range mechs and will have you leading the team and taking hits.

#78 DarthPeanut

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 861 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 05:31 AM

Picked up a D-DC on sale this weekend. Did not have the CBills after I bought it to do much but DHS and some changes in weapons from my inventory.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...b33dc844bc8d6ef

Works well for me so far from what I played last night. Using the LRM5's just to harass while I slowly walk to the fight. Then it is AC20/ SRM6 paired with LL chain firing time. Almost have enough xp for speed tweak which will help with how slow this thing is. Probably a ton heavy on the LRM ammo and will change out for another ton of AC20.

Edited by DarthPeanut, 23 June 2014 - 05:32 AM.

#79 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 23 June 2014 - 08:34 AM

3x6 Sarm
1 ac20
2 ml's
AMS
ECM
350std Engine, ammo and dhs to choice

Pros

brutal short range damage and fast enough to get across open spaces

cons

Pugs follow you around like sheep and block you,if you get a feeling there is a phract up your arse, there probably is.( most seem to think ecm only works if your in body contact)

Max range is 540m (but you can't have everything)

Given room to move by your own team, and a little bit of comon sense, you can do very well with this build, I don't play much now and i'm out of practice, but times when my daughter bugs me to launch, the last 5 games, 3 grossed 11 kills and 2 where I had my team hiding up my ass 0 kills but still managed over 300 damage in one before the fail, that was obvious from the first 3 minutes of the match.

Edited by Cathy, 23 June 2014 - 08:35 AM.

#80 Sandra McCrow

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 115 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 12:30 AM

I have not piloted assaults properly in ages. Misery does not count. I don't seem to have a knack for it's torsi. And before that I loved Awesomes, that also counts as a weird (awesome nonetheless) assault.
Picked a D-DC and RS this weekend.
I seem to have a problem with AC20-based builds. My aiming is way off, and I find it hard to actually shoot clanners with it - they are fast.
So instead I went with

Std350
+ 2xML
+ 4xASRM4
+ 2xLBX10
+ ECM.

I think you can pretty much max out the front armour, as when you are surrounded there is no helping it anyway in 12vs12, too much damage coming your way will break you regardless. It's a fun build, and it does a lot of damage. Optimal arms grouping for me is MLs, LBX10s on chain-fire, ASRMs on a third group. I keep forth for the chainfire of two LBX10s and 3 ASRMs for a long-lasting brawls and it seems to be fairly heat efficient and shakes opponents quite a bit.
This one does have a problem though in terms of killing ability. I do over 300 damage easily, and get into 500 and above fairly often. I think my top result on it so far is 900 with four kills. But also a number of matches with 800-ish and no kills. LBX-es allow you to reach out with a spread damage pretty far. And the crit-seeking at 300 meters is lovely. But even in close range going through another atlas armour is pain due to the same spread. I think I killed a number of atlases in 1 on 1, but a competent 2LL AC20 3 SRM6 would probably go faster through you as he has more pinpoint damage and longer reloading time that allows for more efficient torso twist. However if he hesitates at the start your LBX-ASRM chain fire will go through the either CT/ST armour pretty fast. And then LBXes will do crit seeking.
Another disadvantage is that you have only 2xMLs of a backup, while the vast majority of your damage is ammo dependant. I think we've lost couple games like that. 2 left on the each side - check. 800 damage done - check. Mech is holding together - check. LBXes and ASRM4s - no ammo left and cold - check. And there is something that takes chewing in front of you.

Other comments on the topic - so far in 33 games I've played I haven't seen a single efficient LRM build. You don't have the tubes and the slots for this. And frankly no tonnage either. A lot of variations with LLs though seem to work fine. They just do not fit together with dual-shotguns.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users