Battletech Mechwarriors by popular demand...

43 replies to this topic

#1 metro

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,491 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSians Celestial City- http://capellanconfederation.com/

Posted 04 November 2011 - 10:51 AM

Ladies and gentlemen, If I may. As requested by many...

Since this discussion is taking place in every forum, I am going to address the issue in the open to everyone and post it in each House Forum including the Mercs and FRR.

All former gaming venue House Leaders and Clan commands etc....From Genie,EGA,Solaris,MPBT3025,InnerSphereWars, Board games, MW2,3,4 Leagues,MechAssault and the list just goes on and on. Everyone wants to see something different with MWO.

I have known the MPBT Marik leadership for over a decade. I have know the MPBT Kuritan Leadership for over a decade. I have known the Steiner MPBT leadership for over a decade, I have known the MPBT Davion Leadership for over a decade. MPBT Clan Leadership, Mercs and lonewolfs.....

The same question from well over 15,000 MWO community members is....., will there be COC structure , Role Play, Strategic planing, etc etc....the fact is, we all do not know what the DEVS have planned for the mechanics of this game.

So patience and communication between MWO members from all facets of the Battletech/Mechwarrior Universe is going to be a must.

There are players in their 40's,50's,60's and maybe even 70's who have waited for this day to come for 2 decades, they are more into the structure of things.

There are youngsters who just want to pilot a mech, shoot things and blow stuff up.

These views and requirements are all part of what makes this BT/MW community unique from all others !!

What stands before the MWO community as a whole, is that at some point, everyone is going to want to belong to something "BIGGER" which is where the old school MPBT players and Battletech Lore players will come in handy. They will have had 6 plus months to plan and setup, strategize and organize.

Those who just want to send others to PPC hell.....let them have at it, without restriction.

I believe wholeheartedly, that PGI and the staff, from the top down have been prepped and instructed by Russ and Bryan that the expectations of this game, far surpass any other game released for 15 years.

I believe Russ and Bryan and the PGI Staff have immersed themselves in BT Lore, the ways of the MW2,3,4 Warrior pilot, and that they have spent time in those leagues, online with MPBT games, with the board game, I dont doubt they have miniatures on their shelfs as well.

They honestly know They have a big row to hoe, and it may not be all we want it to be from the git'go, but it will evolve into what we and PGI make it together.

So lets all celebrate.......the Day of Deliverance has arrived!!!

It will be here before you know it!

Soon it will be time to saddle up and the game is ON!!

I appreciate you all and with the utmost respect......bid you a good day !

>VDB<

#2 Argatson Krieghammer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 132 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationNot hiding in your closet

Posted 04 November 2011 - 10:58 AM

.....Sorry, what was the point of this?

#3 Dihm

• 3,312 posts
  • LocationPlanet Trondheim

Posted 04 November 2011 - 11:01 AM

From what I've read on other House forums, there is a bit of a competition to see who gets to be the "leader" since there were multiple incarnations of the House in different games (all with different leaders) and they are all mashing up together for this game.

If that made sense...

Edited by Dihm, 04 November 2011 - 11:02 AM.

#4 metro

• 2,491 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 11:06 AM

No competition. Just a broad range of questions that the DEVS have yet to answer.....so a little help was offered. Take it or leave it.

@argatson.....my point exactly.

You just go shoot things, and leave reality to those who know how best to relate to the masses.

Edited by metro, 04 November 2011 - 11:07 AM.

#5 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 28 December 2011 - 06:06 AM

View PostDihm, on 04 November 2011 - 11:01 AM, said:

From what I've read on other House forums, there is a bit of a competition to see who gets to be the "leader" since there were multiple incarnations of the House in different games (all with different leaders) and they are all mashing up together for this game. If that made sense...

Which houses? It would be nice to add a spark to that pile of TNT (it would b funny to see FedCom fighting among themselves). And Metro does not have the problem, he just shows up and everyone shouts: "Metro for Chancellor!". Good to have veterans on our side. :)

#6 Dihm

• 3,312 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 06:52 AM

Our first necro! :)

Times were different way back at the start of November. There was lots of chest-pounding back in the old days.

#7 rollermint

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 418 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 08:55 AM

The last thing I want to see is the Old Boys club acting like they own the place.

#8 Dihm

• 3,312 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 10:27 AM

That's the benefit of the FRR. There ain't much of an Old Boys club.

#9 Adridos

• Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 11:53 AM

View PostDihm, on 28 December 2011 - 10:27 AM, said:

It's a bit of a disadvantage too. You could not play your favorite faction in older games and if this game will have some player based leadership, you'll probably fall a bit back.

#10 Dihm

• 3,312 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 10:43 AM

You're such a Debbie Downer.

#11 Duke Pitt

• PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 29 December 2011 - 01:34 PM

View PostAdridos, on 28 December 2011 - 11:53 AM, said:

It's a bit of a disadvantage too. You could not play your favorite faction in older games and if this game will have some player based leadership, you'll probably fall a bit back.

Yeah? Well good luck targeting our command structure! How do you remove the head if you can't find it?

#12 1SgtChuckie

• PipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 35 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 29 December 2011 - 01:45 PM

House Liao blows.. ;)

#13 metro

• 2,491 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 03:50 AM

View Post1SgtChuckie, on 29 December 2011 - 01:45 PM, said:

House Liao blows.. :wub:

Howdie Chuckie! welcome to MWO.

:huh:

#14 Adridos

• Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 04:00 AM

View PostDuke Pitt, on 29 December 2011 - 01:34 PM, said:

Yeah? Well good luck targeting our command structure! How do you remove the head if you can't find it?

Pretty hard to find the head... umm... let me think. He should be active, have knowledge of the game, recruit and organize mercs, etc.

It's really hard to find him. :wub: ;) :huh:

Dihm? Would you like to come over here for a talk? Don't mind those soldiers, they *crosses fingers* won't hurt you. B)

Edited by Adridos, 30 December 2011 - 04:01 AM.

#15 Dayuhan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 385 posts
  • LocationCarse

Posted 30 December 2011 - 06:53 AM

View PostDihm, on 28 December 2011 - 10:27 AM, said:

About the only OBC for the FRR comes from the Battletech MUSH 3056. It was a well-established faction on the MUSH and I have seen a few familiar names in the forums here. However, the "I am the Leader" war has not broken out in the FRR forums yet. Perhaps it is still to early, or maybe the FRR players are just more mature :huh:

#16 1SgtChuckie

• PipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 35 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 30 December 2011 - 07:13 AM

View PostMetro, on 30 December 2011 - 03:50 AM, said:

Howdie Chuckie! welcome to MWO.

:wub:

:huh: Been a while since I hung my nuerohelmet but I am ready to warm up my Awesomes engines and start tearing it up..

#17 karish

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 184 posts
  • LocationKansas

Posted 30 December 2011 - 07:28 AM

With the age range of players that MWO will have, the leaders will be easy to find by their actions and the smart players will figure this out. With age comes wisdom. With youth comes just blasting a target a true mechwarrior thinks about salvage

#18 Win44

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts
  • LocationCT, USA

Posted 30 December 2011 - 07:47 AM

View Postrollermint, on 28 December 2011 - 08:55 AM, said:

The last thing I want to see is the Old Boys club acting like they own the place.

Seconded.

Not accusing anyone, and really, haven't witnessed much that I feel needs to be addressed. However, with the size and diversity of the "old boys club" going into this new launch, we all need to keep perspective on things so that we allow the community to grow. It's just too easy to let small group competitiveness take over and create an environment of exclusion.

#19 Dihm

• 3,312 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 10:19 AM

View PostAdridos, on 30 December 2011 - 04:00 AM, said:

Pretty hard to find the head... umm... let me think. He should be active, have knowledge of the game, recruit and organize mercs, etc.

It's really hard to find him. :wub: ;) :huh:

Dihm? Would you like to come over here for a talk? Don't mind those soldiers, they *crosses fingers* won't hurt you. B)

Our head is Elected Prince Haakon Magnusson, I suggest you have Romano's diplomats talk to him. I simply lead a merc unit, I doubt the Prince would give me control of the Royal Army. Nor do I want it. That'd be stealing Christian Månsdottir's job.

What the heck is your beef with us and the FRR anyway? You really need to relax on all this negativity you keep throwing at us.

Posted Image

Edited by Dihm, 30 December 2011 - 10:32 AM.

#20 Adridos

• Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 10:51 AM

View PostDihm, on 30 December 2011 - 10:19 AM, said:

What the heck is your beef with us and the FRR anyway? You really need to relax on all this negativity you keep throwing at us.

The way of a wise warrior. You are too confused to see my goal and lets hope it will stay that way. :wub:

@ Dayuhan: Vikings more mature in selecting a leader than everyone else? You gotta be kidding me. :huh:

Edited by Adridos, 30 December 2011 - 10:52 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users