Battletech Mechwarriors by popular demand...

43 replies to this topic

#21 Scarlett Avignon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 913 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationRichmond, VA

Posted 30 December 2011 - 11:04 AM

View PostMetro, on 04 November 2011 - 10:51 AM, said:

I believe wholeheartedly, that PGI and the staff, from the top down have been prepped and instructed by Russ and Bryan that the expectations of this game, far surpass any other game released for 15 years.

That is a bit of an understatement, if you ask me.

No pressure, PRI, you're only developing the one game half the internet's been waiting for their whole lives.

#22 Dihm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,312 posts
  • LocationPlanet Trondheim

Posted 30 December 2011 - 11:07 AM

View PostAdridos, on 30 December 2011 - 10:51 AM, said:

The way of a wise warrior. You are too confused to see my goal and lets hope it will stay that way. :huh:

Yeah, this is getting old, I'm done. I'll just have to restrain myself from responding.

#23 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 30 December 2011 - 12:59 PM

View PostDihm, on 30 December 2011 - 11:07 AM, said:

Yeah, this is getting old, I'm done. I'll just have to restrain myself from responding.

And yet you responded. :huh:

#24 Skwisgaar Skwigelf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationMordhaus

Posted 30 December 2011 - 01:02 PM

Adridos is doing a great job of roleplaying the bat$hit crazy Capellans :huh: .

Head games that only they understand.

#25 Adridos

• Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 01:14 PM

View PostSkwisgaar Skwigelf, on 30 December 2011 - 01:02 PM, said:

Adridos is doing a great job of roleplaying the bat$hit crazy Capellans :huh: .

Head games that only they understand.

They work, so logically, you are the crazy ones, while we are the only sane ones. :wub:

#26 that1fail

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationIn front of a computer

Posted 30 December 2011 - 01:44 PM

I've waited since MW4 for this day to come. And I'm only 14 atm.

#27 Tramalhas

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 93 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 04:16 PM

Why do people insist on making statments based on half assed references that they know that only they will understand in the vain hope that it will make others see them as smarter or superior in some way? pah,

#28 Adridos

• Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 01:47 AM

View PostTramalhas, on 02 January 2012 - 04:16 PM, said:

Why do people insist on making statments based on half assed references that they know that only they will understand in the vain hope that it will make others see them as smarter or superior in some way? pah,

Are you jealous you're not smart enough to do that too? B)

#29 Tramalhas

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 93 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 01:00 PM

No, i do not understand what you are saying. probably from a lack of knowledge rather thenintelligance; from what i can tell you have been playing these games for quite some time, while i have not. the lack of knowledge is not the same thing as the lack of intelligance. Think of that before you insult someones intelligance, which is considered rather rude in most cultures.

Are you claiming that the older player, who have more knowledge over BT lore and the TT mechanics, should have greater influence over the game designers as to how they make the games and the function of the weapons? In that case i certainly agree. Are you claiming that older gamers are superior and more intelligant to newcomers, and should therefore lead? in that case no.

I am sorry if that sounded a tad to heated; I mean no offence and i might have misinterpreted your posts; english is not my first language and it is very hard to judge intent from text.

#30 Dihm

• 3,312 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 01:13 PM

I had a good talk with Adridos. Just for clarification, nothing he says is meant with any malicious intent. B)

#31 Tramalhas

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 93 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 01:22 PM

In that case, my largest apologies to Adridos; english really is not my best language, being the third one i learnt. I just got the feeling my intelligance was being insulted. Im sorry for reacting so heatedly.

#32 Skwisgaar Skwigelf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationMordhaus

Posted 03 January 2012 - 01:29 PM

I had a feeling he was playing in character. Doing it pretty well too (crazy Cappies).......

#33 rollermint

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 418 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 04:09 AM

I actually never felt that Adridos was trying to get a rise out of us...well, actually he was ^_^ but it was quite obvious that it was all "in-character" and in good battletech fun.

A case of lost-in-translation hehe. Anyway, I still stand by what I said earlier. I've seen the other Houses and read where everyone was basically listing their resumes of them leading this and that in some forgotten league...house lord bla bla bla. As if it matters when the game hit the masses. Perhaps it wasn't their intent but it smacked of arrogance and elitism. I hope they realised that by doing as such, they are actually alienating potential newcomers who may be budding talented Mechwarriors.

And saying things like "I know you young 'un just like to shoot at stuffs, let us old farts make the big decisions" really don't reflect you lot very well at all. Funny, if u guys are that mature, you should realise how shortsighted and immature of you to be saying things like that.

The previous mech leagues were niche communities that were pretty limited. This game will be a wholly different beast. It will attract a much larger crowds of all ages, backgrounds and experiences. Much much larger. You are in for a very rude surprise if you underestimate the capabilities and ambitions of the "newcomers".

#34 Dihm

• 3,312 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 05:10 AM

I figure if there is a need for a higher level coordination, it will develop naturally. I'd love to see a "council" of officers from all the various units that end up in the FRR so we can communicate and work together, but who knows if that will even be needed. Plus, that'd be pretty much merc only, since ranks in the faction units are just fluff. We'll liaise with anyone under the FRR banner though. I look forward to our first "war games" for prizes and bragging rights of which unit is the "best" in the Republic. ^_^

Edited by Dihm, 04 January 2012 - 05:10 AM.

#35 Adridos

• Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 05:23 AM

I do not think you will need some bigger form of leadership. You have sole purpose after all, survive and that will come eventually. Nothing intriguing as far as I know. ^_^

Edited by Adridos, 04 January 2012 - 05:24 AM.

#36 TheBlade

• Pip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationDover NH

Posted 04 January 2012 - 06:29 AM

Since only the Devs have control over the Houses it seems obvious that all leadership will follow the Merc model. Those who can gather followers and keep them lead, those who can't or won't lead follow. Or like I intend at launch blaze their own path. ^_^

#37 Dihm

• 3,312 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 07:39 AM

Haven't you heard? One is the loneliest number. ^_^

The "lone wolf" mentality makes my brain hurt in a team-based, PVP game. I just can't wrap my head around it.

#38 T0RC4ED

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 312 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 08:37 AM

Metro,

Great post. Although im not a clanner I suggest a Trial of Posession ^_^ J/k. I would hope the great houses/clans of this game dont go the way of so many guilds and clans of the MMO realms. One day a guild is there, the next there are 3 people in it and two of them live together.

Edited by T0RC4ED, 04 January 2012 - 08:41 AM.

#39 T0RC4ED

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 312 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 08:40 AM

View PostDihm, on 04 January 2012 - 07:39 AM, said:

Haven't you heard? One is the loneliest number. ^_^

The "lone wolf" mentality makes my brain hurt in a team-based, PVP game. I just can't wrap my head around it.

Think of it as an independant contractor (Merc) running short term contracts for a larger unit. IE limited fire support or recon...or cannon fodder ;)

#40 Dihm

• 3,312 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 08:49 AM

Why not just hire on with the larger unit then? It isn't like you're forced to stay there forever if you don't mesh with them.

Or, why not just be a faction player? Ranks and everything are all fluff, you can still play by yourself in random faction warfare matches, you don't have to organize.

Edited by Dihm, 04 January 2012 - 08:50 AM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users