#41 Agent of Change

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,119 posts
  • LocationBetween Now and Oblivion

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:41 AM

View PostPANZERBUNNY, on 28 December 2012 - 06:31 AM, said:

To be honest, I've been using Artemis for SRM's and I don't see much of an increase to accuracy. Maybe for LRM's it's better.

Oh yes it is, seriously, though because of the direct LOS requirement you only really see the most benefits of it within 200-400m. As stated in my haiku, I can reliably take out a fully healthy Atlas comign after the "easy meat lrm boat" in about 3 volleys if he's dumb enough to come right at me. The clustering of the missiles in LOS and short range using artemis is a dramatic change.

#42 Atheose

• PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:43 AM

View PostAZZA141, on 28 December 2012 - 05:50 AM, said:

I have noticed more and more stalkers and catapults in games now. They are all not beginners either.

Stalkers/Catapults loaded up with tons of LRM rockets with 2x LRM 20's. I have jsut played a match that had 4 Stalkers/Catapults in game.

Where is the variety, its pointless in designing loads of mechs for the game, if people just use Stalkers and Catapults all the time.

The maps are too open, so you get nailed all the time, before you can close in on them. We need mech limits on teams or something, because this is getting boring fast.

I could quite happily do the same thing as everyone else, but you end up with no variety in-game.

I've seen tons of Stalkers recently, but that's because the mech just came out. Just like the mass influx of Cataphracts last month, and the loads of ECM mechs when it was released. Give it time to balance out.

Regarding maps being too open... what are you smoking? River City, Forest Colony and Frozen City all have LOADS of cover. Caustic is pretty open, but even it has cover you can use to your advantage.

#43 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,377 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:44 AM

Artemis was nerfed and if its affected by ECM it does not work at all and in the end you do not even know if it works or is simply buggy at specific Mechs, Setups (i.e. Launcher sizes), Maps, whatever bcs you have no waterproof feedback.

Edited by Thorqemada, 28 December 2012 - 06:45 AM.

#44 Pr8Dator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,306 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSeoul, Korea

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:52 AM

I rarely ever get killed by LRMs... its just a matter of not getting in the open... not hard to do... sometimes, just quickly stepping aside and powering down in the open breaks the shooter's lock and causes the LRMs to miss you. Then you quickly power back up (Quick Ignition) and rush the boat.

I think maybe I know how to get away from LRMs because I used to boat LRMs ALOT. It got old real quick though but it taught me valuable lessons about the weaknesses of LRM boats and how to defeat them.

Edited by Pr8Dator, 28 December 2012 - 06:58 AM.

#45 Agent of Change

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,119 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 07:10 AM

View PostPr8Dator, on 28 December 2012 - 06:52 AM, said:

I rarely ever get killed by LRMs... its just a matter of not getting in the open... not hard to do... sometimes, just quickly stepping aside and powering down in the open breaks the shooter's lock and causes the LRMs to miss you. Then you quickly power back up (Quick Ignition) and rush the boat.

I think maybe I know how to get away from LRMs because I used to boat LRMs ALOT. It got old real quick though but it taught me valuable lessons about the weaknesses of LRM boats and how to defeat them.

You speak many truths my good sir. I usually run primarily medium to short range mechs, but when I run support I like to make sure I'm pulling my weight. Run an LRM boat for a while and you will see both how to do it better and how to beat them.

Simply put the LRM boat removal process is like this: Get a lock see what their back up weapons are, figure out if you can suck up that punishment solo, if so try to flank or use Pr8Dator's suggestions, close quickly using as much cover (it is a sprint), pummel them. Many LRM boats aren't going to pack any kind of meaningful punch up close and you are most at risk during your approach.

#46 Valdor Constantine

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 157 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 28 December 2012 - 07:11 AM

I feel bad for the enemy team when they have no ECM, When I bring my stalker that's packin 4x Lrm 20s Totally useless agenst lights and anything that gets in close but its hella funny when u put that much fire power on someone not protected by ECM

#47 Aidan Malchor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 350 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 28 December 2012 - 07:14 AM

LRM's can't be a problem. According to the forums ECM has completely ruined and negated lock on missles. All those ECM are OP threads can't be wrong can they?

#48 CypherHalo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 578 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 07:16 AM

LRMs are far more annoying in this game then any other MW game I've ever played. I think part of it is they're effective to such short ranges, it's practically impossible to close with them. You have to get in knife-fighting range to neutralize them. Personally, I think once I'm in ML range (about 400m) your LRMs should be far less effective.

#49 Cranky Poed

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 227 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 07:18 AM

I played 6 or so matches this morning..(GMT -5 i think) half of them had at least 2 lrm boats..No ECM...no biggie...ran from cover to cover in my Commando until i could pulse laser them..

...but i ran out of AMS and ziged when i should have zaged and got pummeled..I LOL'ed. It was fun.

I have seen a few Cats with Tag..they are really effective on a ECM bubble..

#50 Jetfire

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,746 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

ECM killed LRMs... TAG cuts through ECM and LRMs are back in business... seems about right. Definately not LRM heavy like it was, maybe 1-2 mechs per drop running more than a single LRM 5 or 10.

#51 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,377 posts

PUGs have less ECM recently, Stalker is a new Mech, ECM is only 4 Variants and people get bored of playing only 4 Mechs etc.
That doesnt mean that boredom is a good, viable counter for ECM and ECM is stil to far on the return vs effort side.

#52 Mechwarrior Buddah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 28 December 2012 - 07:20 AM

I have noticed more and more stalkers and catapults in games now. They are all not beginners either.

Stalkers/Catapults loaded up with tons of LRM rockets with 2x LRM 20's. I have jsut played a match that had 4 Stalkers/Catapults in game.

Where is the variety, its pointless in designing loads of mechs for the game, if people just use Stalkers and Catapults all the time.

The maps are too open, so you get nailed all the time, before you can close in on them. We need mech limits on teams or something, because this is getting boring fast.

I could quite happily do the same thing as everyone else, but you end up with no variety in-game.

this again? learn to play. And see my sig cause youre exemplifying it PERFECTLY

#53 Agent of Change

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,119 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 07:21 AM

View PostThorqemada, on 28 December 2012 - 07:18 AM, said:

PUGs have less ECM recently, Stalker is a new Mech, ECM is only 4 Variants and people get bored of playing only 4 Mechs etc.
That doesnt mean that boredom is a good, viable counter for ECM and ECM is stil to far on the return vs effort side.

The best current counter for ECM is to kill the mech(s) carrying it (if you are playing a team of all/primarily ECM mechs then you do the best you can, but primarying ecm mechs is just good policy. Just make you run tags, and your support can self spot.

#54 Aedensin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 337 posts
  • LocationN.C. United States

Posted 28 December 2012 - 07:22 AM

View PostAZZA141, on 28 December 2012 - 06:01 AM, said:

So your telling me that you have not noticed an increase in Catapults and Stalker use in games??

Chavette you dont understand, i dont blatantly run out in the open, to get killed, when there are 3 catapults in 1 game, they tend to be able to get at you from various angles.

I'm just stating something that may put gamers off if it carries on, seen as this is in beta, adjsutments and improvements are still being made.

LRM 20's need to be tweeked in my opinion, LRM 10 are alot more reaasonable. Also Catapults can carry 800 rounds (40 volleys) of LRM 20 ammo, seems a bit much.

My stalker can carry 1440 missiles, QQ more.

#55 Elkarlo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 28 December 2012 - 07:25 AM

Yesterday Evening we had a lot of nice Rounds with Combined LRM Stalkers (LRM and Lasers) and a combined LRM Catapult (Lasers and LRM)

And i have to admid that it is realy easy now to use LRM Boats, only half of the enemy cares for Cover...
When they are in ECM screen they think they are save ... ( a hint the small red laser which do no damage.. IS NOT a Small Laser fired at 700 Meters)

And best of all are the Mech rushing us thinking we are harmless LRM Boats... and then they die in Laser.

One of the nicest fight we had, had been when my team was nearly whiped out, (Enemy had ECM which died very late) and then 3 Assault went for my Cat... i lost one Ear in the battle but i could take them down.
Driving an Atlas or a Stalker without AMS IS FOOLISH, the stalker i even had to tackle in Close combat otherwise he would have gotten me, but the all so mighty Brawler Mechs died because NEITHER of them had an ASM, i took 2 Assault DOWN with a SINGLE LRM 15 launcher... if they had had AMS installed there wouldn't be any Damage... the Stalker was smarter and used the terrain better, so i had to tackle him and went for his damaged CT with my M-lasers.

And thats the biggest Problem about ECM: Because it is there, most people thing there is no LRM thread,
and play downright stupid charging a fast running Catapult over open Area.. with Med Pulse Lasers and AC/20 and SRM6...

very smart especially when the Catapult can control the range...

Then go into the Forum and whine how OP LRM are...

it was extremly hard work for the whole team to get spotters out etc and make the LRM work... and when they work then it is like the Win button, because almost nobody got AMS installed. Look at the Build List here in the Forum, nobody got AMS builds... i have in every outfit AMS and i survivded severaltimes Hard LRM bombardment in my Dragon a Mech which is know to be underarmored and low on empty space. I sacrify the Space for the AMS, and guess what, i survive hard Missle Bombarment. Had several occasion where i was for 20-30 seconds under Multidirectional LRM fire i lost 500 bullets on AMS Ammo, my Mech was bleeding and had Armor Holes big as Moons, but i survived.. and could go on fighting...

When a Big target like an Assault which got plenty more Space to spare goes out without AMS, then it is simply Stupid.
And a lot of Assault don't carry any AMS.

Back in the Days before ECM, about 6 out of 8 Mechs had AMS installed, and when they grouped LRM fire vanished in the Air... so we had to fire on singletons.. and all went in deep cover and tried to avoid Artillery Lines

Now only 2-3 Mechs out of 8 Mechs carry AMS, and we have nice fat dumb sitting LRM targets walking in the open field, were they can be easily multitagged. And guess what? We take ECM and AMS Mechs as first targets out and then have happy Bombardment fest.

#56 Mechwarrior Buddah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 28 December 2012 - 07:31 AM

Ill give a bit of an explanation
1.) Theres this neat equipment called AMS. I think every mech can equip it, do so. It shoots down incoming enemy missiles. It was in fact the only countermeasure for another weapon system in the game until they put in

2.) ECM learn the ECM mechs and stay by them (in the case of the Atlas variant) or see if theyll stand by you (in the case of the faster mocing ships). This 1.5 ton 1 slot item makes you completely unable to be locked on by LRMs or any locking weapon in the game. Hell, get a mech you can equip it with on your own.

3.) DONT STAND IN THE OPEN - not really THAT incredibly hard. If you stand out in the open, the LRM equipped mechs will tear you to shreds. DONT DO THIS. Its step one in learning what NOT to do in game. LRMS have really bad flying characteristics already from all the nerfing that has been in this game up till now because people refused to learn to play or put ANY effort into the game at all and preferred to come here and whine.

4.) More like 1. b.) but still. That neat equipment caklled AMS? Yeah if you group up (you know, stay with the team in this team based game?) you create a blanket of fire where multiple AMSes will fire at the incoming LRMs fired at you. This drastically reduces the damage you take by destroying the missiles before they get to you.

TLDR: Learn to play the game, use the in game provided counters before you come to the forums and complain to get weapons systems vroken that you cant be asked to learn how to defeat on your own. OR, go find a game that isnt so hard instead of trying to further break mine.

View PostAgent of Change, on 28 December 2012 - 07:21 AM, said:

The best current counter for ECM is to kill the mech(s) carrying it (if you are playing a team of all/primarily ECM mechs then you do the best you can, but primarying ecm mechs is just good policy. Just make you run tags, and your support can self spot.

if you replace best with "only real" yeah thats pretty much it lol

#57 PurpleNinja

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,097 posts
  • LocationMIA

Posted 28 December 2012 - 07:33 AM

Not mine, it has 4 LRM 15's.

:lol: :ph34r:

#58 p00k

• 1,661 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 07:36 AM

people still haven't learned to move behind a rock?

even before ecm lrm's were pretty weak

just stop pretending ecm gives you complete lrm immunity and you'll be fine

#59 Agent of Change

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,119 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 07:36 AM

View PostPurpleNinja, on 28 December 2012 - 07:33 AM, said:

Not mine, it has 4 LRM 15's.

:lol: :angry:

I'm a peacemaker always splittign the difference... 2 x 20's and 2 x 15's :ph34r:

Edited by Agent of Change, 28 December 2012 - 07:38 AM.

#60 PurpleNinja

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,097 posts
  • LocationMIA

Posted 28 December 2012 - 07:45 AM

View PostAgent of Change, on 28 December 2012 - 07:36 AM, said:

I'm a peacemaker always splittign the difference... 2 x 20's and 2 x 15's :lol:

Tried this one, but my OCD wouldn't let me use two different kind of launchers due to unequal fire pattern.
Yes, I carry two TAGs (one for each arm) just to keep the mech equally balanced.

:ph34r: :angry:

Edited by PurpleNinja, 28 December 2012 - 07:45 AM.

15 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 15 guests, 0 anonymous users