Too Much Cheating

179 replies to this topic

#41 Egomane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,163 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:04 AM

View PostDaggett, on 14 January 2013 - 05:47 PM, said:

Edit:
BTW, this thread is in the wrong forum section. "Forum Support" is meant for any problems with the forum software itself, not for game related discussions. If a mod sees this, please move this thread to an appropiate forum section. :D

I agree, this has nothing to do with the forum. Moving to general discussion for now.

So far this looks likeone of the few threats on this topic that is not breaking the rules, so I will leave it open. Please keep it that way. :(

#42 Budor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:16 AM

View PostPokerface, on 15 January 2013 - 02:00 AM, said:

how bout getting hit with a barrage of UAC5s while crossing the bridge to the upper city at the start of the game? the dude got to be at his own base.

Doable. My Ilya goes ~75km/h, i regularly fire on people leaving spawn on Forrest Colony from my own spawn to.

Ive yet to see anyone looking like a cheater (~3500 drops since open beta), there was an Atlas once coring people and hitting their internals without going through their armor but i guess it was just a Paperdoll update bug...

I am not saying there are no cheats for this game, theres cheats for any game, they are just barely used it seems.

Edited by Budor, 15 January 2013 - 02:19 AM.

#43 Even Dark

• PipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:23 AM

there is a ac5u makro around in some post with a razor mouse that the jamm effekt is lesser then normal.

http://mwomercs.com/...ets-razer-naga/

Edited by Even Dark, 15 January 2013 - 02:25 AM.

#44 Adrienne Vorton

• 3,535 posts
  • LocationBerlin/ Germany

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:29 AM

View PostRedoxin, on 14 January 2013 - 01:46 AM, said:

These unsubstantiated claims of cheating are really getting annoying. I also have this in my own unit. Once people get headshotted or hit with a PPC volley that cores them they start to cry about cheating. Its ridiculous.
If these shots that have to be lead hit I would rather see it as confirmation that its NOT an aimbot.

this

#45 Elfman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:57 AM

I also fire on people using UAC/5's crossing the bridge into upper city its easy to do depending where you spawn from the other end using thermal view + 4x Zoom and knowing how shots drop at that range.

Quiet often I get more than a few (lucky) head shots at that extreme range as well.

Yesterday did a burst fire from twin UAC5's in atlas at another Atlas at around 900m just in time for a commando to drop off from a hill right in front of the shots - killed it before even I realised what had happend was one of those WTF moments. to the commando pilot it probably looked like a hack when in fact for him it was an unlucky 1 in a million fluke

Was a streak ECM commando so he did not show up on map etc for me in any way

Edit for spelling

Edited by Elfman, 15 January 2013 - 02:58 AM.

#46 King Arthur IV

• Moderate Giver
  • 2,549 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:17 AM

View PostXenroth, on 04 January 2013 - 03:41 PM, said:

The only cheat that i know is that people obviously use some programs to get a maximum possible delay and have the maximum profit as a raven with their lagshield ...

i just call that australia.

btw thats my home

Edited by King Arthur IV, 15 January 2013 - 03:42 AM.

#47 Voidsinger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,341 posts
  • LocationAstral Space

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:14 AM

View PostKing Arthur IV, on 15 January 2013 - 03:17 AM, said:

i just call that australia.

btw thats my home

Yeah, the joys of geolag...not.

Some people wanted to ban people with pings above 150ms from piloting lights. I say we just ban people with pings below 100ms from all mechs :)

Only time I've been spooked was Betty announcing at the start of game that "Base is being captured". First time spooked me, second time and after I figured she was just being a B!tch.

#48 King Arthur IV

• Moderate Giver
  • 2,549 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:17 AM

View PostVoidsinger, on 15 January 2013 - 04:14 AM, said:

Some people wanted to ban people with pings above 150ms from piloting lights. I say we just ban people with pings below 100ms from all mechs :)

Only time I've been spooked was Betty announcing at the start of game that "Base is being captured". First time spooked me, second time and after I figured she was just being a B!tch.

she may be a b!tch but shes my b!tch.

if i could get my hand on optical it would lower my ping by 20-50 and thats all the difference i need.

Edited by King Arthur IV, 15 January 2013 - 04:18 AM.

#49 Elfman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:20 AM

View PostVoidsinger, on 15 January 2013 - 04:14 AM, said:

Some people wanted to ban people with pings above 150ms from piloting lights. I say we just ban people with pings below 100ms from all mechs :ph34r:

Thats just another bug that occurs when someone on your team gets the cannot indentify friendlies HUD bug. You can capture your own base seems the server thinks your in team 3 :)

Had it a couple of times both myself and a team mate on TS we managed to work out what was happening by walking off and on capture point

#50 King Arthur IV

• Moderate Giver
  • 2,549 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:22 AM

View PostElfman, on 15 January 2013 - 04:20 AM, said:

Thats just another bug that occurs when someone on your team gets the cannot indentify friendlies HUD bug. You can capture your own base seems the server thinks your in team 3 :)

Had it a couple of times both myself and a team mate on TS we managed to work out what was happening by walking off and on capture point

i hope you reported this to devs.

#51 Budor

• 2,565 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:28 AM

View PostPokerface, on 15 January 2013 - 03:06 AM, said:

it was a night map and my ping is always about 250 or worse.

is that still doable? im being serious here. *serious face*

Maptime doesnt really matter because you need to be in thermal anyways to actually make out mechs that far away They blend with the scenery to well with the colorgrading used in the game to see them without it.

I can stare onto the enemy spawn with 3x zoom and not see any mech, i turn on thermal, see one that was standing there allthetime, turn it off and than can actually make it out :)

Edited by Budor, 15 January 2013 - 04:31 AM.

#52 BerryChunks

Dezgra

• 1,000 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:53 AM

The only cheat that i know is that people obviously use some programs to get a maximum possible delay and have the maximum profit as a raven with their lagshield ...

that makes sense. Use a Click Delay program to prevent held mouse button from giving input to the screen until the normal c/d of UAC is over.

#53 BerryChunks

Dezgra

• 1,000 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:56 AM

View PostKraven Kor, on 14 January 2013 - 11:03 AM, said:

Eh, I've seen a few things that had me scratching my head - full teams of glitching, teleporting mechs, shooting folks and doing zero damage, etc.

I've generally been more inclined to say "bug" than "cheater" but who knows.

It certainly does not, thus far, seem "rampant" but if not addressed it will get out of hand, eventually.

THey use "lag switches" in FPS games for consoles to be unhittable. With hit detection being mediated by a "master" server, lag switches are even more OP.

#54 Sayyid

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:14 AM

View PostDemoned, on 04 January 2013 - 01:54 PM, said:

video or it didn't happen, plus UAC5 only jams if you rapid fire,
and its called focus firing :)

Or macro-firing.

You can set up a Razer gaming mouse or any gaming mouse to do this.

Run an internal macro, set it to fire said button every so many seconds or tenths of seconds. It will do this everytime you hit a button or toggle it with another button.

Its not cheating, its using your gaming hardware to its full intended function.

Cheating is increasing your latency so you have an unfair lagshield advantage.... not like I havent seen that done.

#55 MWHawke

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 645 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:21 AM

View PostSerapth, on 04 January 2013 - 04:16 PM, said:

This is *SUPPOSED* to be true, but trust me, it isnt.

UAC5's are bugged badly. I've been running a two UAC5 build and have noticed the following (easily reproduced) bugs.

1- UAC5 jamming after a single shot. This obviously should never happen and happens all the time.
2- UAC5's shot at the same time, if one jams, both jam.

It's annoying. That said, they unjam in about the same amount of time as a guass rifle cycling, so if they arent your only weapon, its not a huge deal. Just annoying.

Frap them

#56 Bad Karma 308

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 411 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:22 AM

Well, I made the mistake of bringing in a bit too much proof that the aimbotters in MWO are out there and my post got moderated into oblivion. So I'll try to do a summation without blowing past the Posting Etiquette again. My apologies Egomane.

When I ran dedicated and ranked servers battlefield servers I came to loath the aimbotters and hacker communities. They kill off servers so quickly that it can take days to get them repopulated again. Running those servers can rack up quite a bit of money, especially for larger more capable ones, so it is an investment you have to keep close tabs on. Over time I got really good at ferreting them out and submitting the evidence to up Punk Buster.

So I'm here to tell you they are here in MWO.
I've already found several communities pushing their aimbots and hacks for MWO. The really stupid ones are using the same screen names from MWO in the hacker community, even posting screenshots and blabbing about how great they are. Some even have the audacity to come in here and post on this forum. I keep a pen and paper handy when I see a name from the aimbotter world for when I see them in game.

I've been trying to get some incriminating screenshots. but I haven't yet quite figured out a way to correlate them to the individual hacks but I'm slowly getting there. Can't wait to turn a few of these guys into PGI.

So those of you who are saying they aren't there, you're wrong.

Edited by Bad Karma 308, 15 January 2013 - 06:29 AM.

#57 MWHawke

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 645 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:23 AM

Why would anyone want to create lag? It also makes it tough to hit anything with lag.

#58 MWHawke

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 645 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:31 AM

View PostRedoxin, on 14 January 2013 - 01:46 AM, said:

These unsubstantiated claims of cheating are really getting annoying. I also have this in my own unit. Once people get headshotted or hit with a PPC volley that cores them they start to cry about cheating. Its ridiculous.

Hey, there are people out there who complain that Streak 2's are cheats, SRM 6's are cheats, Gauss Rifles are cheats, Cat - A1's are cheats, Ravens with ECM are cheats, Commandos with ECM are cheats and what-not.

We should just nerf the whole game to 1 chassis, 1 weapon, 1 engine, 1 area to hit, no movement on account of lag-shield.

#59 Sayyid

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:33 AM

View PostMWHawke, on 15 January 2013 - 06:23 AM, said:

Why would anyone want to create lag? It also makes it tough to hit anything with lag.

Because it makes you harder to be hit.

#60 MWHawke

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 645 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:34 AM

View PostRushin Roulette, on 14 January 2013 - 06:06 AM, said:

Please read my post again. I stated that "the closest Ive come to suspecting" which is not "Im sure that someone was cheating". Hitting with an AC2 is deffinitely different than hitting with a PPC as the PPC does not have the annoying fire delay which all balistic weapons have. To fire a PPC you need to aim slightly ahead to compensate for travel time and pull the trigger. To hit with an AC2 you need to aim slightly ahead to compensate for travel time plus quite a bit further to account the firing delay.

Im not talking about him hitting some noob standing still in plain view with his assault, but about myself in a 130 kph Cicada moving roughly perpendicular with a few random turns and around 550 meters between us. 1 Alpha and 40 armor on one of my legs was gone and the internals were deep red. That was either incredible skill, a perfectly lucky shot or something else. I had a second scout behind me at the time who confirmed to me that there were no calibration shots before that and it was his first shot in the game.

EDIT: Corrected a few typos

I have hit ECM Ravens and Commandos and Cicadas with ER PPC and Gauss RIfle without ranging shots. AND I suffer horrid lag cause I am far away from servers (280+ ping). Doesn't mean a thing.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users