179 replies to this topic

#1 Twinr

• Pip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 16 posts
  • LocationBudapest, Hungary

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:19 PM

Dear developers! do you have any idea what you can do against cheaters?
Never gets stuck uac5, one place for every shot, etc?
Thx!

#2 Pando

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,456 posts
  • LocationDeep, deep inside _____.

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:24 PM

It would do wonders if you had a video, then submitted it to support@mwomercs.com

#3 Demoned

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 670 posts
  • Locationi Died went to heaven, then died again now I'm in Equestria

Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:54 PM

video or it didn't happen, plus UAC5 only jams if you rapid fire,
and its called focus firing :huh:

#4 Xenroth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 326 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:41 PM

The only cheat that i know is that people obviously use some programs to get a maximum possible delay and have the maximum profit as a raven with their lagshield ...

#5 UnseenFury

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 961 posts
  • LocationСтрана Мечты (Strana Mechty)

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:15 PM

Let's ban everyone whose KDs are higher than 1.

#6 Serapth

• 1,674 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:16 PM

View PostDemoned, on 04 January 2013 - 01:54 PM, said:

and its called focus firing :)

This is *SUPPOSED* to be true, but trust me, it isnt.

UAC5's are bugged badly. I've been running a two UAC5 build and have noticed the following (easily reproduced) bugs.

1- UAC5 jamming after a single shot. This obviously should never happen and happens all the time.
2- UAC5's shot at the same time, if one jams, both jam.

It's annoying. That said, they unjam in about the same amount of time as a guass rifle cycling, so if they arent your only weapon, its not a huge deal. Just annoying.

#7 SixstringSamurai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 930 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationYou Guys Are So Bad I'm Moving To The Moon

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:40 PM

Yeah my UAC5s jam all the time after a single shot. Not with you on them both jamming at the same time. I have an atlas running 2 UAC5s and pretty consistently one will jam and the other wont. Same with my IM. Both are grouped in the same weapon grouping.

#8 DaisuSaikoro Nagasawa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 973 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationTaipei, Taiwan

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:05 PM

View PostDemoned, on 04 January 2013 - 01:54 PM, said:

and its called focus firing :)

I wish. I HATE when I double tap my UAC5 (on the first shot) and it gets jammed. I can get a volley of 7-8 before it jams but that initial one is SO obnoxious. :\

Khan DaisuSaikoro Nagasawa

#9 LynxFury

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts
  • LocationWA state

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:00 AM

View PostSerapth, on 04 January 2013 - 04:16 PM, said:

1- UAC5 jamming after a single shot. This obviously should never happen and happens all the time.

Of course it should happen occasionally. Double the fire rate for those first two rounds shouldn't be automatic given the little bit of extra weight. It's also completely realistic--as far as that goes.

#10 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:11 AM

Here is the Official Thread for in-game griefing and stuff. If you want to report someone for cheating, then send an email to Support with a full description of the event including the Player names/Mechs involved, the time/date of the match, the map, a description of the event, and (if possible) a screenshot of the activity.

#11 GutterBoy5

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 375 posts
  • LocationAdelaide,south australia

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:37 AM

If you can't use them the DON'T use them is 1 solution, I don't use just cause don't wanna run the risk.

or use AC5 as they don't jam, weight 1 ton lighter , 5 extra rounds per ton of ammo.

#12 Lykaon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,815 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:28 AM

1,685 matches played.

Times I thought I saw an intentional third party exploit: 0

Edited by Lykaon, 09 January 2013 - 12:28 AM.

#13 FromHell2k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 734 posts
  • LocationGerm0ney

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:25 AM

View PostTwinr, on 04 January 2013 - 12:19 PM, said:

Dear developers! do you have any idea what you can do against cheaters?
Never gets stuck uac5, one place for every shot, etc?
Thx!

I bet 500'000CBills that this guy pilots a Raven 3L, lagshielded, and got hit by a PPC-Stalker, AC/20-Pult or Dual-Gauss :)

Edited by FromHell2k, 09 January 2013 - 05:07 AM.

#14 Syllogy

• 2,698 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:25 AM

View PostLykaon, on 09 January 2013 - 12:28 AM, said:

1,685 matches played.

^^^^ This.

#15 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,579 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:22 AM

View PostLykaon, on 09 January 2013 - 12:28 AM, said:

1,685 matches played.

Or maybe you have been lucky. Or maybe you just haven't noticed it.

I have noticed a couple funny things in a couple of matches. Someone shooting not even facing me, kills me. Being shot through walls that I can't shoot back through. Someone coring my mech with large lasers without splashing my side torsos while he's moving max speed and I'm moving at 140 KPH. Observing a fellow mechwarrior, watching as their sights "snap" into target and they shoot (unto which every shot would hit, if terrain wasn't in the way. They kept shooting into walls, buildings and anything else between them and the spotted target. Aim bot? Shooting bot?). There are people who are using some kind of program to control their mechs. Some people are seeing 360. Some people are seeing through walls. I've experienced it. It's getting proof that's the hard part.

Just because you don't see it doesn't mean it isn't happening. Though, to be fair, there are a lot of good shots out there, turning at just the right moment and other events that just happen. So, as I stated, how would you prove it?

As for me, I have played 714 games so far. Not as impressive as your count, but I have, in fact, seen and called out at least one aimbotter. I've experienced mysterious deaths with no one facing me. I've been shot through walls (netcode possibly). And I'm sure I've met up with a couple other aimbotters as well. Not to mention the Disconnecters (people who wait for the game to just start, and then leave without saying a word. I think it's a computer who is programed to run into a match and disconnect and then jump into another match with a different mech and disconnect, so that the owning party can earn C-bills while away from the game One person on my team noticed the same name doing this in several of his matches and said so on all chat). All could be glitches, but when you fight against the same guy, and he's "amazingly accurate and never misses" in several matches... I'd call that am Aim Bot. Sorry.

Edited by Tesunie, 09 January 2013 - 08:25 AM.

#16 Syllogy

• 2,698 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:39 AM

View PostTesunie, on 09 January 2013 - 08:22 AM, said:

Or maybe you have been lucky. Or maybe you just haven't noticed it.

I have noticed a couple funny things in a couple of matches. Someone shooting not even facing me, kills me. Being shot through walls that I can't shoot back through. Someone coring my mech with large lasers without splashing my side torsos while he's moving max speed and I'm moving at 140 KPH. Observing a fellow mechwarrior, watching as their sights "snap" into target and they shoot (unto which every shot would hit, if terrain wasn't in the way. They kept shooting into walls, buildings and anything else between them and the spotted target. Aim bot? Shooting bot?). There are people who are using some kind of program to control their mechs. Some people are seeing 360. Some people are seeing through walls. I've experienced it. It's getting proof that's the hard part.

Just because you don't see it doesn't mean it isn't happening. Though, to be fair, there are a lot of good shots out there, turning at just the right moment and other events that just happen. So, as I stated, how would you prove it?

As for me, I have played 714 games so far. Not as impressive as your count, but I have, in fact, seen and called out at least one aimbotter. I've experienced mysterious deaths with no one facing me. I've been shot through walls (netcode possibly). And I'm sure I've met up with a couple other aimbotters as well. Not to mention the Disconnecters (people who wait for the game to just start, and then leave without saying a word. I think it's a computer who is programed to run into a match and disconnect and then jump into another match with a different mech and disconnect, so that the owning party can earn C-bills while away from the game One person on my team noticed the same name doing this in several of his matches and said so on all chat). All could be glitches, but when you fight against the same guy, and he's "amazingly accurate and never misses" in several matches... I'd call that am Aim Bot. Sorry.

Sorry, but I have to take this with a grain of salt since I've never seen anything to the extent that you claim.

Video evidence would help your case.

Edited by Syllogy, 09 January 2013 - 08:39 AM.

#17 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,579 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:52 AM

I have no way to take videos with my current set up. But it has happened to me. Here or there. Not a constant thing. More rare than not to be fair. I've had an enemy kill me while not even looking at me. I have seen aim bots being used. I've witnessed aim bots being used in spectator mode with an ally before too.

And no, I'm not interested in downloaded a program to record my matches for the rare possible cheater which is such a small problem with the game. Not to mention, lucky shots do happen and I'm not complaining about the occasional odd death or glitch.

Also, my wingman made a post asking if anyone else experienced any aim bots (no names where mentioned, it was a question to see if others had experienced it). His thread ended up getting locked not because of what he did, but because someone posted a link to another site with an aim bot program on it. (Their post was deleted.) So... they do exist. (Link to my wingman's thread, it isn't long if you wished to read it: http://mwomercs.com/...72#entry1669472 )

Thing is, there is such a small portion of players who are "cheating" that, it really isn't much of a problem. Yet. Hopefully it doesn't get as bad as Space Marines, where I crashed into lag switchers and other cheats all the time. If we report the issue now while it's small, the idea is maybe they can provide barriers and blocks so it doesn't get out of hand in the future?

Edited by Tesunie, 09 January 2013 - 08:54 AM.

#18 Flapdrol

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:42 AM

I've not seen obvious cheats yet, although with the current netcode an aimbot might not do you much good anyway.

spectator mode is way too jerky to spot aimbots, I'll believe it when somebody posts footage of him using an aimbot on youtube, not seen that yet, only some wayyy too obvious jerks trying to trick people into downloading an account stealer, they didn't even bother recording their own footage, just reused the promo material.

Aimbots will come eventually but I dont think they're in use yet.

Edited by Flapdrol, 09 January 2013 - 10:42 AM.

#19 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 13 January 2013 - 04:17 PM

It's important to understand that what you see in Spectator mode and what the pilot sees differ. It's most noticable when you have a very lot latency connection with little/no lag, and you're spectating someone with a very laggy or connection - you'll see their reticle jump around a fair bit, and you'll wonder at the terrible, terrible gunnery. I've talked to people after matches about this, and it's very interesting.

(Incidentally: This also means, when you see someone making shots that have *ZERO* chance of connecting and are often well ahead/behind their target, rather than assume they are just ridiculously terrible, consider that for them their crosshairs are very likely right on target.)

So often, though, people assume someone else is cheating when they're just good at the game, or lucky. LL's at long range with moving targets not splashing everywhere? That's entirely manageable, just very difficult. I'm *TERRIBLE* with lasers as a rule, and have a hard time keeping them on target even up close, but I've had a couple damn lucky shots. I once headshot a fellow at extremely long range with a single volley on my Dragon, 100% damage to cockpit. I wasn't even aiming at his head intentionally; just worked out that way.

Finally, netcode is often the culprit with ridiculously impossible shots. It's very common when a shot is somewhat delayed by lag somewhere along the way that the visuals will happen later, and end up in a very bizzare way. While circling people, I've had shots delay then fire off sideways to hit them.

Not to say aimbotting is impossible or never happens - I honestly don't know if the one that was mentioned a while back is real or not - but assuming someone is cheating because you saw something "impossible" is downright stupid given how messed up the netcode is, player skill and just plain random chance. Hell, just look at those seemingly invincible 3L's everywhere.

#20 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,579 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:03 PM

View PostWintersdark, on 13 January 2013 - 04:17 PM, said:

LL's at long range with moving targets not splashing everywhere?

How about large lasers coring out a fast moving mech at extream close range? For four shots in a row? Not splashing anywhere else but the center torso? You can be good, and I respect skill, but at some point, it's no longer skill, forget humanly possible...

Though, you do have good points and I do agree for the most parts. I've seen some people I swear was aim botting (cross hairs where always on target, even if they where shooting into a nice wall any human would see was there), but it's so hard to prove one way or another. With lag, netcode and other potential issues that can make it seem like a cheat, it makes finding the real cheaters from the "program error/glitched" players.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users