How Many Shots Do You Take Before You Shoot Back At A Teamkiller?

92 replies to this topic

Poll: Teamkilling Poll (277 member(s) have cast votes)

How many shots before you retaliate?

1. Just one. (37 votes [13.36%])

Percentage of vote: 13.36%

2. Two (141 votes [50.90%])

Percentage of vote: 50.90%

3. Three (57 votes [20.58%])

Percentage of vote: 20.58%

4. I am a teamkiller (10 votes [3.61%])

Percentage of vote: 3.61%

5. I just disconnect from the game (1 votes [0.36%])

Percentage of vote: 0.36%

6. I do nothing (31 votes [11.19%])

Percentage of vote: 11.19%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 Mycrus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,160 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationFilipino @ Singapore

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:47 PM

I dont get involved if it is not me getting shot. It could just be a 4-man goofing off.

If somebody ask for assistance, i usually move to assist to cripple and not kill.

At spawn if somebody shoots me i shoot back with equivalent force.

1 laser gets 1 laser... Alpha gets alpha... It is only fair.

It is not hard to type out sry.

If tker persist then i cripple and leave him for enemy team.

Scouts get legged, assault gets open back..

Accidental fire in a furball is acceptible but discouraged.

#62 Wispsy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Talon
  • Talon
  • 2,007 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:13 PM

I believe it is best to strike pre-emptively!

#63 DamnCatte

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 171 posts
  • LocationElsewhere

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:47 PM

Anyone who intentionally fires upon me is an enemey, and if I can determine that this was the case, they shall be treated as such whatever color arrow might be floating above their head. I have taken a lot of FF damage when I drop in PUG groups, and most of the time, I just shrug it off, as it's usually accidental, or some twit following behind me that doesn't realize lasers will not pass through me to hit who I am engaging. I have sadly been targeted openly by people intending to TK me, though this has happened a good deal less in recent efforts (ECM ravens have taken the heat off of my jenner, in example.)

I know it's generally frowned upon to return fire, and may make your 'arguments against griefers' sound bad, but it's the principal of the matter. As a gamer, I'm not going to put up with someone on my 'team' shooting me in the back, and as a mechwarrior, I'm not going to put up with that kind of crap from someone who is supposed to be my equal.

#64 Lokust Davion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 927 posts
  • LocationNew Avalon, Inner Sphere.

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:54 PM

1st shot, give benefit of the doubt & think they misfired :ph34r:

2nd shot, i will retaliate to teamkill this ***** *****! no questions asked. :P

#65 Corbon Zackery

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:55 PM

These are my rules.

Test shots that come close to me or a teammate: Mech who did the test fires is now under gunpoint meaning that I walk behind him, and if he does any other test shots that hit or come close to a teammate I take him out.

Actual dmg to my mech via gun fire well eye for a eye.

Walking into me its happen no big deal.

Glory seeker who cuts in front of me to steal the kill well I had a few people who have died doing it I sqeezed a couple gauss shots in a guys back because he walked into my fire. I think there's at least 3 people who wont ever do it.

#66 Xenois Shalashaska

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 343 posts
  • LocationWestern Australia

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:58 PM

I always drop in 4 man groups. If i get shot twice by friendly fire. I inform my other three Team Speak players on who it is. Then we absolutely leave them destroyed.

#67 The Cheese

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,558 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:06 PM

Depends if I know they're a team killer or not. If it's a name I recognise as a TKer, I'll shoot them on sight.

If not, I'll soak up one hit before I retaliate. FF is usually accidental. If I get hit twice within 10-20 seconds, then I'll attack them back.

#68 CarnifexMaximus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 397 posts
  • LocationOakland, California Republic, North America, Terra

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:16 PM

I typically don't do anything. Every now and then though its just so face palm/disappointing. One time I told the guy who caused the FF that I hope he does not own firearms IRL. Seriously people, fingers off the trigger, muzzle up and only aim at what you intend to shoot.

I'm so paranoid about causing blue on blue incidents that some builds of mine with large alphas or single shot weapons (Gauss, PPC, 4x MPL... etc) I keep my fingers off my mouse buttons during the beginning of the match. I just grip my mouse with my thumb, ring finger and pinky

I honestly have no problem with people who want to test fire their builds in the beginning of the match but seriously go move some place far off to shoot the dirt. Whenever I launch a new mech(s) (thinking my my stalkers back on Dec. 18th) or just a new build, I gotta test fire to see whats up before doing it for real.

#69 skullman86

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:17 PM

2-3 would be as much as I would take if I knew it was intentional.

I was in a game about an hour ago where someone in a stalker was shooting another guy with his lasers. The guy getting shot asked him to stop after the second or third friendly fire and then when he shot him again the whole team unloaded on him.

Once he was legged we made a move to abandon him, but the other team came over the hill at that very moment and we were forced to stand our ground instead. I think the stalker eventually teamkilled someone, but one of our guys finished him off.

Moral of the story: If you are going to leg a griefer, make sure you do it early so you can avoid him for the remainder of the match.

#70 Captain Commander

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 57 posts
  • LocationDeep South of the Upper North Americas

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:21 PM

An unprovoked shot without an apology is repayed with compounded interest.

#71 IIIuminaughty

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,445 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:24 PM

If I get hit by a team mate im going to kill him on the spot. No remorse and no sorrow.
I'm an asss so what. Sue me.

#72 Wraith 1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:42 PM

One time I saw an Atlas kill a friendly Commando in spawn with 2 alphas. I started shooting him in the CTR with my Commando, but then the rest of the team TK'd me.

Moral of the story, don't counter-TK if you're in a ERPPC troll commando build. It doesn't look good.

#73 DaZur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 7,511 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:46 PM

View PostProsperity Park, on 07 January 2013 - 11:59 AM, said:

An obligatory thread drop; the Official In-Game Griefing thread.

If someone is teamkilling, then report them to support@mwomercs.com and let the in-game logs back your story up. Please include the names of players and the Mechs involved, the time/date of the match, the map, a description of the event, and a screenshot if possible.

Counter-griefing is frowned-upon by the Devs/Staff. When you have no repair to worry about, then you won't lose much by dying. In fact, by staying in the game and not firing back you won't lose any XP or C-Bills, your account stays clear, and your accusation of Griefing will carry more weight. You'll also have time to ask your teammates to report the same user with the in-game chat. Multiple reports that are confirmed by game logs are good.

Killing a team-shooter and not reporting him is less than ideal because their account will not be affected. You can't just shoot a griefer and expect that to make them stop griefing; you're probably not going to make them See the Light.

While I appreciate the fact that "two wrong don't make a right" and I'm older and wiser and should not succumb to stooping to a TK'ers level...

Having said that, When I get shot in the back and turn to face the offender (as I usually do to ascertain if it was an accident or not) and the redacted shoots me in the cockpit... My better judgment takes a nose dive and my primal instinct to kick their redacted takes it place and there is little I can do about it... :ph34r:

Seriously... I give everyone the benefit of doubt, but if you figuratively spit in my face... I'm gonna core where you stand.

Yes, I know I'm just feeding into their little game... I guess I'm just weak. :P

Edited by DaZur, 07 January 2013 - 08:51 PM.

#74 Helsbane

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 1,102 posts
  • LocationThe frozen hell that is Wisconsin.

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:50 PM

I watched an Awesome absolutely obliterate a guy that had been TKing all day yesterday. One shot, one kill. Just caught him before he had the chance that round.

#75 Malora Sidewinder

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 390 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:06 PM

voted comedy option

#76 KeeperVS

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 131 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:08 PM

Just my own personal take:

1 = A possible mistake.
2 = Someone just being a jerk, but I'm not jeopardizing the match for my team by answering in kind.
3 = Team Killer. I WILL take them out.

#77 Xiro17

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:30 PM

I actually encountered my first TKer last night. It was right outside spawn on a conquest match, and I got ERPPC'd to my leg.

I full-stopped. I then turned around and within teamchat asked if it was necessary. I was pleasant. Accidents happen, but this was a custom built Stalker, piloted by a Veteran Founder (found that out at end of match).

After I asked my question, and while facing him, I took 2 ERPPCs to the same leg. He never responded in chat. To which point, I then used open chat and let both teams know XX is a TKer. I was surprised by the response I got. The rest of my team came back, took him out in seconds, while the members of the opposing team were chatting that they'd be there to help (And, of course, talking a little smack about how the rest of us were next and stuff). After he was dispatched, he prompty disconnected. What's most upsetting is this guy paid to help bring this game to the masses, and is now purposely griefing people.

Yes, R&R is gone from the game for now. Yes, I understand the TOS and junk. But, I'm sorry. Reporting these people (AFKers, DCers, almost killed DCers, TKers and the like) will not do much to deter them. What, they get a 24-48 hour account ban? Big whoop. They'll just make a new account and continue to do so under a new name. The only way to deal with these people is to call them out and hopefully the rest of the dropped players provide assistance.

BTW: If the TK happens during an engagement, shame on me, or on the player who walked in front of my already firing weaponry. I've TK'd a few times, purely accidental, and once while disrupted by ECM I alpha'd into a teammate. I apologized at no end to that guy during that game, as I stripped him of all armor on his light mech. Surprisingly, he seemed okay with it, as the ECM light behind him was swiftly killed afterwards.

#78 Psikez

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:22 AM

Fire at the start of the match, gets a sternly worded message. Shot again we're brawling.

You make an obvious and intentional shot at me you'll get an alpha.
Fire again its on.

#79 FiveDigits

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:22 AM

I don't see how retaliating does any good. I ignore friendly fire and carry on.

#80 Buck Cake

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 259 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:16 AM

If a TK is attacking one of my friends I just put him down, no questions asked.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users