#41 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:12 PM

What's your source(s) of inspiration for coming up with the Module Functions for their respective Pilot Trees? Stuff in the Novels,or prior games? And how far-out does your planned Module Tree extend to at this point (how many Modules do you have planned for on paper as of yet?)

Edited by Prosperity Park, 08 January 2013 - 12:14 PM.

#42 Amerante

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 93 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:14 PM

Q: Community Warfare?

Q: Longterm Goals (as for pgi, and for players)

Most importantly we want you guys to know how excited we are. We have been plotting out this year’s content and feature schedule and it’s going to be a big year. Stick with us and you will be able to say “I remember when…”. So strap in, initiate your start up sequence, and get ready to drop.

Edited by Amerante, 10 January 2013 - 12:32 PM.

#43 Slater01

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 430 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:16 PM

Will future match making be Living Legends style, ie 1 varient only per match.

Could really solve alot of issues (ecm, streakcats, and other and future ubber builds)

and when will I get my collectable Solaris 7 Coffee Mug

#44 grayson marik

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • 1,436 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:18 PM

When will you finally start to do something about the social aspect of online gaming like lobby, group vs group challenge, in game chat that is worth its name and so on ( in general the features multiplayer games since the mid 90ies used to have) ?

#45 Zyllos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:20 PM

I have several questions that I would not mind receiving answers to:

1) Has there been any thoughts on making NARC different from TAG? Maybe make it provide a non-LoS lock for a good duration (60s?) but allow PPCs to knock them off with the up coming PPC EMP effects and ECM?

2) Are 8man (4 and 12 also, once we get those map sizes) groups EVER going to be allowed to choose other 8man groups to fight against so that matches can be set up in advance, therefore the community can get involved in orchestrating tournaments/matches? This is most likely the number one way to build and engage the community right here!

3) Another question about MM, I know I saw a post about the thoughts of balancing the matches by tonnage, but was mentioned that ELO was going to be brought in for balancing. Was this statement in agreement that tonnage + some skill rating (ELO or otherwise) going to be used in the future for creation of random teams joining into the random queue of games? Will this also lead to the need of a lobby of some type for pre-game orginization before the match begins?

4) Has there been any talks about revamping the Pilot Skill tree to make it more choice oriented than the current system? Maybe make the current Pilot Skill account specific that apply to all the mechs that the play uses (basically MechWarrior experience) and have each chassis/variant have a group of their own. Then only allow X amount of EXP to be used in your Pilot tree and Mech tree or reuse the current Module system by slotted the EXP skills bought into each Mech/MechWarrior?

5) Are the screens inside each cockpit going to be customizable in the future? (Options > Screen Setup > Screen 1 = Ammo, Screen 2 = Heatsinks, Screen 3 = Damage Indicators, Screen 4 = ..., ...)

6) With the community still making a push for true DHS and PGI saying that this creates an imbalance in the heat system, is there any compromise in mind to at least make each DHS the same across inside/outside the engine?

7) With several weeks under us with ECM, has there been any talks about balancing the numbers of ECM? While I think this goes hand in hand with question 1, balancing NARC, TAG, ect, ECM directly could use some tweaks in the numbers of what exactly it does. Here is a really good thread on modifying the EW: Crow's Massive Suggestion and Feedback Thread

8) Many threads have been brought up regarding how the current heat system works with Trial mechs. Paul mentioned a few weeks ago that trial mechs are optimized and work fine. But this is contridictory to what is seen in the game. This is mainly due to the high RoF of weapons. Has there been any talks about balancing weapons, heatsinks, and the heat system with Trial mechs in mind?

Thanks in advanced if any of my questions where picked among the several hundered going to be asked here.

Edited by Zyllos, 08 January 2013 - 12:21 PM.

#46 BlackJackRaider

• PipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • 84 posts
  • LocationThe nordic hinterland of the Midwest

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:23 PM

View PostAttalward, on 08 January 2013 - 11:20 AM, said:

Tolkien puts it boldly.

And correctly points out a lot of ways in which it is unbalanced without simply whining. It's that rationality to the question which I think most of us appreciate and would like to see answered.

#47 ghos t in the shel l

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts
  • Locationhttps://discord.gg/SsRASYJUe5

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:24 PM

What other game types or modes of play can we expect to see in upcoming patches?

Will a lobby matchmaking system be set up to allow for tournament and/or skirmish games?

Can we ever expect to see game types such as Capture The Flag, Team Attrition (Non-Modified, Damage-Based Scoring), Team Destruction (Kill-Based Scoring), and Mission-Play (Objective Based)?

Thank you,

Renzo
#M§#
The Midnight Sons

Edited by RENZOKUKEN, 08 January 2013 - 12:25 PM.

#48 SVK Puskin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 822 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:28 PM

You did not answer my question in 29A so here it is again: I would like to know if the capture accelerator works also in conquest mode and what about target info gathering vs ECM?

Edited by ENS Puskin, 08 January 2013 - 12:29 PM.

#49 ObsidianSpectre

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:33 PM

What are the long term plans for the mech XP and GXP systems? Are there any plans beyond new modules, and if not, what sorts of pilot modules can we expect?

#50 Krzysztof z Bagien

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 710 posts
  • LocationUć, Poland

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:36 PM

View PostRENZOKUKEN, on 08 January 2013 - 12:24 PM, said:

Text

Nice try, bro, maybe if your question is BIG enough they will answer it :P

#51 Krellek

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 221 posts
  • LocationGlendora, CA

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:41 PM

Every two weeks? Five best questions that will allow in depth answers?

This sounds like the new format is basically your way of filtering in information or using the ask the Dev's section as PR control. Having weeks to discuss internally what information you can release in this format and choosing which ever question comes close to what you need is lame.

This section of the Dev's corner is now tainted.

The Answers have been wankier and wankier as the weeks have gone on. I don't understand why the last set of questions / answers were so terribly bad? You already had weeks (I don't know how much holiday you took but the rest of the world got perhaps 5 business days.) to look at the dozens of really good questions. Your answers were terrible not because they were too short, but because they were simply terrible. You had no actual answers and the one's that did get a proper response were about off topic things such as booze...

Don't turn this section of the forums into a heavily thought out and moderated process on your end. They were meant to be off the cuff and real responses. Your half-hearted and fragmented single sentence responses were not professional. Don't try to kid us that a new formula is what this needs now.

The only thing needed here is effort....

Edited by Krellek, 08 January 2013 - 05:41 PM.

#52 Glythe

• 1,566 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:45 PM

Why are we not allowed to reconnect to the game? It seems like allowing this to happen would be a huge priority as it would have the side effect of providing a work around fix for several display bugs (yellow screen, 4 fps bug, atari graphic bug).

#53 NicKerensky

Rookie

• 6 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:45 PM

Hello,

I would like see some sort of Solaris. where people can duel each other 1 vs 1. To prevent that people will use this to trick the reward system maybe without any rewards of XP or CBills.

Next topic,
I think ECM is to mighty. I think to balance it a bit more it should be handled diffetnly.. it will work for some time and than needs time to recharge.. let’s say.. it works for 30sec and before it can be used again for 30 sec it needs to be recharged for another 30sec.

Thanks for your time and maybe answering those questions

#54 Spirit of the Wolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 455 posts
  • LocationEarth... I think. (Hey, you don't know if you're in the matrix either, do you?)

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:48 PM

Please answer Tolkien's question about ECM.

It's actually getting irritating, guys. If you have something, anything,to say about it, please say it.

The saying 'no news is good news' most certainly does not apply to this. Tolkien has not whined, bitched, moaned, groaned, swore, cursed, cussed, insulted, questioned the sanity of, or performed any action which could be deemed improper, derogatory, or maligned towards you, the folks at PGI. I think that merits actually answering his question. And please, provide a logical, logical, breakdown of why you chose to do what you did in regards to ECM. If we knew why, we would probably be less likely to complain about it. This solves two problems: 1.) You don't have to listen to us anymore about ECM, and you can start focusing your minds on something else. 2.) We don't have to bug you anymore, and we're more likely to be cordial, (well, some of us, at any rate), when dealing with other bugs. Few things irritate people more than being asked to help find an error in something, and then finding a gaping wound instead, which is then promptly, swiftly, and completely...
ignored.

See our issue?

It's not that it's the only thing on our minds. It's just the biggest issue for us.

(Also, are there any plans for JJ fixes for the Spider? Sarna.net says it's supposed to be able to jump up to 210 meters (laterally). We all know that won't happen with JJ mechanics as they are right now.)

#55 Al Bert

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 247 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:51 PM

Hey Garth,

if it is no secret: how large is the player base? The total members in the forum is > 400.000 but how many of them are actually playing? In the closed beta, there was this neat little counter in the lower right of the launcher sowing the number of people on the server at that moment, but at that time i have seen numbers between ~1.000 - 3.000 depending on the time of the day.

Al Bert

#56 Boaz Roshak

• PipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 96 posts
  • LocationApperently , back on the island

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:08 PM

So in other words we have to hold on for another 2 weeks to get responses from you guys again and we have to hope that you will break with tradition and really address our concerns or give us meaningful answers.  If the past is, any indication of the future making us hold on for answers to questions that have been already posed for that length of time will come at a cost.  We no longer see how many people are play at a time I suspect it is down I use to pay with a group of about 16 now most night only 2 or 3 even come around what are your own numbers showing?

Edited by Boaz Roshak, 08 January 2013 - 01:14 PM.

#57 Tice Daurus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationOak Forest, IL

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:09 PM

I'd like to know what your plans are for different types of ammo that's possible, like Inferno SRM rounds, Thunder LRM rounds, Armor-Piercing Autocannon rounds, and other items that could be possibly incorporated into the game, in any.

Do you see anything like this coming in the future? I don't see this coming soon, because I know netcode and other basic stabilization fixes are priority at the moment. Inquiring minds would like to know...

Edited by Tice Daurus, 08 January 2013 - 01:10 PM.

#58 Elyam

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 538 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:13 PM

While many of us are willing to continue testing through the mech, combat, and match systems well into the future, there are times it does get a little tiring, especially for those of us who play PUG-only and have long slogs through xp and c-bill earning. When do you think we will begin interacting with those parts of the meta-game that occur outside of combat such as mercenary contracts or military orders, choices of worlds to travel to and missions to take, resource requirements for mech upgrades (or even repairs), unit resources (does a unit have its own dropships/jumpships, support forces, etc.)? Of course, a complete Inner Sphere meta-game will be far more extensive even than this, but a basic core - something available even in MW1 - would be something extra we can sink our teeth into and that keeps player interest high while all the individual sub-systems are tested by us over long periods.

#59 Jakob Knight

• Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:15 PM

View PostNicKerensky, on 08 January 2013 - 12:45 PM, said:

Hello,

I would like see some sort of Solaris. where people can duel each other 1 vs 1. To prevent that people will use this to trick the reward system maybe without any rewards of XP or CBills.

Next topic,
I think ECM is to mighty. I think to balance it a bit more it should be handled diffetnly.. it will work for some time and than needs time to recharge.. let’s say.. it works for 30sec and before it can be used again for 30 sec it needs to be recharged for another 30sec.

Thanks for your time and maybe answering those questions

I must have missed the question marks in the above. It looked to me like suggestions and remarks.

#60 Sturmwind

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 220 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:23 PM

Q: New maps ? (NOT same one - different time of day!)

Q: Community warfare? (First glance, more details, general timeline issues until it goes live?) - pressing issue !

Q: Same as what grayson marik wrote - essential stuff that's common (and needed) in MassiveOnline games

Q: PPC and their effects

Q: Memory leak !!!! (having to restart client every 5-6 matches is SERIOUSLY getting annoying)

Q: ECM balancing

Q: Lag-shield / Netcode (status - update?)

Q: Collisions?

Lastly:
Q: When are you finally done messing with LRMs + additional stuff. By now, I'm getting the feeling you guys totally favorize those

Choose your picks...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users