Please Stop With All The Negativity! You Are Killing This Game!

240 replies to this topic

#1 CrazyCatDaddy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:14 PM

Can we please stop criticising the games developers? Garth Erlam admitted that the games developers dont look in the forums anymore. Your entitled bitching and moaning doesnt make this fact any better.

Here from the Ask the Devs26:
Q: Does the general negativity and unrealistic expectations on the forums dishearten you at all? Or does it make you try even harder to please these particular individuals? [The Dutchmun]
A: It's hard not to have it affect one at all; generally it just makes people around the office less likely to read over the forums. I still do though, and for every negative/unrealistic expection filled post, there are dozens of PM's, emails, and threads that are the opposite...... [Garth]

Here the link to the post: http://mwomercs.com/...evs-26-answers/

Because of all this negativity of you guys, most of the Devs dont even know about the issues of this game, because they dont feel appreciated enough to look in this forums.

If you keep this going, you guys will KILL this game!

So please be nicer and more cooperative when it comes to ECM. Try to understand why the devs think that ECM is so awesome! If you know how to fix the lagshield issues, then dont ***** here in the forums. Instead fill out a job application and fix it yourself as a PGI Dev.

Please dont let this rotten and useless community kill this awesome game!

Edited by ngl, 15 January 2013 - 02:14 PM.

#2 Ilwrath

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:16 PM

View Postngl, on 15 January 2013 - 02:14 PM, said:

So please be nicer and more cooperative when it comes to ECM. Try to understand why the devs think that ECM is so awesome!

Okay I tried and instantly failed. Can you please help me and tell me why ECM and more of it with the new mech is so awesome?

#3 CrazyCatDaddy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:17 PM

View PostIlwrath, on 15 January 2013 - 02:16 PM, said:

Okay I tried and instantly failed. Can you please help me and tell me why ECM and more of it with the new mech is so awesome?

You are just a player. Im pretty sure the devs know that this game will be a lot worse without ECM. They are the experts in game balance and meta game. How can you be sure that ecm is so bad?

#4 3rdworld

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:19 PM

Posted Image

#5 Ilwrath

• 1,195 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:19 PM

View Postngl, on 15 January 2013 - 02:17 PM, said:

You are just a player. Im pretty sure the devs know that this game will be a lot worse without ECM. They are the experts in game balance and meta game. How can you be sure that ecm is so bad?

Well I am not sure really. Maybe because its ******** annoying, especially when the other team has lots and your team has zero.

What meta game?

#6 JSparrowist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts
  • LocationBoomer Sooner

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:20 PM

PGI is murdering this game, not the community. We appear toxic because we are constantly ignored by PGI and they mock us.

Netcode and lag shield along with ECM is an issue? Here, have another mech that suffers from all those problems!

What in the EFF PGI?

#7 r4plez

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 812 posts
  • LocationFoundry

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:21 PM

"Q: Does the general negativity and unrealistic expectations on the forums dishearten you at all? Or does it make you try even harder to please these particular individuals? [The Dutchmun]

How much of "unrealistic expectations" is to have net code fixed as a demand from end game customer?

#8 UraniumOverdose

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 648 posts
  • LocationBurning hot sphere of pure rage.

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:21 PM

The only people killing this game is PGI. This is literally the only game I have ever played where every patch pissed off nearly the entire community. Every game has its small share of complainers that just like to complain. This game ****** nearly everyone off every time a patch is released. That is an indication of poor game design and decision making, NOT an indication of a bad community.

#9 von Pilsner

• 1,043 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:22 PM

Can we please stop criticising the games developers? Garth Erlam admitted that the games developers dont look in the forums anymore. Your entitled bitching and moaning doesnt make this fact any better.

[...]

Because of all this negativity of you guys, most of the Devs dont even know about the issues of this game, because they dont feel appreciated enough to look in this forums.

You believe they ignore feedback and the forums because they are so sensitive? I really hope you are trolling....

#10 lxnoid

Rookie

• 7 posts

By all this bad karma.... i feel like spending money on MCs right now to support this great game.

#11 3rdworld

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts

Posted Image

#12 Lonestar1771

• 1,991 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:24 PM

How is the community killing the game? We don't decide how mechanics work, we don't decide what mechs are implemented or their hardpoint loadouts. We don't make the maps. We have no control of weapon balance. So please explain to me how the community is killing this game.

I could give a rat's *** if the devs are getting disheartened. Start making progress on this heap of a game and maybe then they will EARN some praise. As it stands now they deserve almost all of the criticism they receive.

#13 Thor77

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 83 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:25 PM

edit: replyfail this was to llwrath.

I actually don't mind ECM. Yes it can be a pain, but it's not unbeatable. Use your eyes, try to stick with at least one teammate, thermal vision is your friend, keep relatively close to cover. By reducing the effectiveness and reliability of radar, ECM makes LRM boating less effective. LRM support can still have an effect, but their importance is reduced. Also, when a mech with ECM gets near you, you get that low signal warning. So while you don't know exactly where he is, you know he's close.

So in effect it makes you pay attention to more things, which makes it feel less simplistic, and prevents over-reliance on what was previously the easiest weapon in the game to use, the LRM.

Edited by Thor77, 15 January 2013 - 02:26 PM.

#14 Scandinavian Jawbreaker

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,251 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationFinland

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:26 PM

You must be them premades roflstomping the poor OP that bad.

#15 CrazyCatDaddy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:27 PM

View Postlxnoid, on 15 January 2013 - 02:22 PM, said:

By all this bad karma.... i feel like spending money on MCs right now to support this great game.

Thats the spirit! When the devs feel appreciated, they will be more inclined to listen to feedback.

@therest:

There you guys go again. You are still negative. Would you please explain to me how ECM and Lagshield is going to affect you? Just dont take ECM or any light mechs and you will be fine!

#16 Balsover

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:29 PM

View Postngl, on 15 January 2013 - 02:27 PM, said:

Thats the spirit! When the devs feel appreciated, they will be more inclined to listen to feedback.

@therest:

There you guys go again. You are still negative. Would you please explain to me how ECM and Lagshield is going to affect you? Just dont take ECM or any light mechs and you will be fine!

Are you nuts. Giving them money says to them, "great job, here is more money to keep up your current pace".

#17 UraniumOverdose

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 648 posts
  • LocationBurning hot sphere of pure rage.

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:30 PM

View Postngl, on 15 January 2013 - 02:27 PM, said:

@therest:

Are you dense? If I am in a heavy, and some troll on the other team is running Raven 3l. Then the lagshield affects me. I get to watch this skill less pilot just run in straight lines untouched. ECM is OP right now because the only thing that stops the lagshield is streaks. Since nearly everyone who runs lights, runs an ECM capable light then there is no defense except shooting blindly at ghosts.

#18 Tennex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 6,619 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:31 PM

i think the forums tend to be a bit more dramatic.

but negativity is usually in response to something the devs did. Maybe step up and meet expectations even exceed expectations. - any great person ever

Edited by Tennex, 15 January 2013 - 02:40 PM.

#19 De La Fresniere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:34 PM

No.

No no no no no no no no.

No.

Complaining about things is *vital*. Seeing as the most basic critical issues still haven't been fixed after all these months, it seems like we aren't being anywhere near negative enough.

PGI needs to understand that leaving the game in such a poor state for *months* has tremendously dire, perhaps fatal consequences. If the game flops, I'm quite certain it'll be because they did not fix critical issues for an absurdly extended period of time.

Our negativity is not what's killing the game. Our negativity is MWO's dying cries for help.

#20 Skyfaller

• 1,332 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:34 PM

Cause and effect. When your work is garbage you can expect very bad reviews in return.

Mind you, the garbage work is from whoever the design team is..the art and coding are competent at least.

Here from the Ask the Devs26:
Q: Does the general negativity and unrealistic expectations on the forums dishearten you at all? Or does it make you try even harder to please these particular individuals? [The Dutchmun]
A: It's hard not to have it affect one at all; generally it just makes people around the office less likely to read over the forums. I still do though, and for every negative/unrealistic expection filled post, there are dozens of PM's, emails, and threads that are the opposite...... [Garth]

Here the link to the post: http://mwomercs.com/...evs-26-answers/

How cute. 'Dozens of PM's, Emails' ... easy to claim this stuff when they cant and wont ever show it. Its pure fantasy from delusional minds. Threads? Really? I see these forums daily and the only praise threads I've ever seen are when new mechs are released.... but those are then VERY quickly buried under the pile of threads complaining about the horribly broken game design, bugs and ... well, the entire game overall.

Appreciation is earned. They have not earned it. Releasing an ECM spider that goes 125kph when they know there is a massive issue with cryengine3 hit detection at speeds beyond 90kph AND that ECM makes such mechs become nothing but exploitboats .... and they ADD it to the game? . Yes, I feel SO appreciative of such an idiotic decision making precision I will send them e-mails and PM's about how much I LOVE how they're flushing the game down the toilet.

If you keep this going, you guys will KILL this game!

The cancer is in the design team and whoever is making these really stupid decisions. Cause and effect.

So please be nicer and more cooperative when it comes to ECM. Try to understand why the devs think that ECM is so awesome! If you know how to fix the lagshield issues, then dont ***** here in the forums. Instead fill out a job application and fix it yourself as a PGI Dev.

I will be cooperative when I see cooperation from their side too. An excellent start would be to remove or severely limit ECM on light mechs ... or even better, lower the overall speed of all mechs so the absolute fastest is 90kph UNTIL they manage to fix the cryengine hit detection.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users